E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

WaterBlue wrote:I know I’m late to the party but isn’t Tommy a dog’s name?
It’s definitely a human name but typically it’s a nickname for Thomas. Not a standalone name...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Catface2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
131618 wrote:And why is everything so self centered? He's so sweet to me, he loves me, did you miss me? Why not shower yours kids with hugs and kisses and tell them how much YOU missed THEM??
Because she is a Narcissistic woman
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Ellie had kids to fulfill HER needs. They won’t be getting any nurturing and unconditional love from her ever.

Missy is exactly the same. Every post about Bryan and the boys is how much they lover _her_, how much they miss _her_ while they are at school or she's off for anothe luxury weekendr weekend. They had kids for the love they thought they would receive, and the actual work of parenting doesn't live up to the fantasy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Every time she calls him Tom Tom I picture a Native American hand drum or a gps. Ugh :?
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Bollie is a dog's name though, from a Belgian comic strip book *laughingtotears*
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Catface2 wrote:Every time she calls him Tom Tom I picture a Native American hand drum or a gps. Ugh :?
Tommy is the new Sophie

Tom Tom .. Like John John

If ever one of these sisters husband gets into polygamy.. I hope its Jared. Ellie would make a great hbic.. Great vlog content, too

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Catface2 wrote:Every time she calls him Tom Tom I picture a Native American hand drum or a gps. Ugh :?
I have to admit, I took care of a baby in PICU named Thomas, and his mom and I called him "Tom Tom" as well. It just suited him.
(slinks back into the corner)

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Bollie is a dog's name though, from a Belgian comic strip book *laughingtotears*
I love that "its a made up word"- their names shipped together. Because it sounds like a fucking made up word.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Jared sure does a lot of questionably active things for having a bad reconstructed hip and being concerned about paying for another surgery soon

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

littlebaby wrote:Jared sure does a lot of questionably active things for having a bad reconstructed hip and being concerned about paying for another surgery soon Image

Literally the next vlog he was attempting flips on the trampoline. He clearly doesn’t need hip surgery.

I love this sister wife content idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

mamallama319 wrote:Im probably odd for noticing but...does Jared not have Armpit Hair? Image

It looks like he shaves it off, which is my preference as i don't like body hair on men.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

This might be old news - but have you guys seen this video that's been circulating around Facebook?

There are a few brief clips of Jennifer and her various graaaandbabies.

ETA: I wasn't sure where to post this, that people would actually see it.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Sorry for the double post - too late to edit.

I just wanted to say, I'd be FURIOUS if my parents named me a nickname. Like "change my name when I turn 18" furious. How is anyone going to take "Tommy Mecham" seriously as an adult, with a career, etc? I haven't been keeping up... But now I'm curious, is Tommy for sure his actual legal name? I keep chuckling over his middle name, though - may the Jared + Joel ship stay afloat forever and ever.

I actually narrowly avoided being named a nickname too. My mother desperately wanted to name me after a character on a soap opera. My dad, who rarely wins arguments with mom (because she will. not. stop.) prevailed on this occasion. He insisted on at least giving me the full name as opposed to the nickname, on my birth certificate and social security card. Think Amanda/Mandy.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

amyfalafal wrote:
ba1006 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:About Tommy's name..
If they did give him the legal name Tommy, it doesnt suprise me one bit. They are very old fashioned but the patients I have often name their kids with the common nickname for that particular name. Nick instead of Nicholas, Mike instead of Michael, Laurie instead of Lawrence, Enzo instead of Lorenzo, Steph instead of Stephanie, you get my point. It's progressive "why not?" and steering away from needing a Catholic origin which people were baptised into then went on to just have their nickname. Which is what historically naming your children in Christian countries was all about. I am not just talking about Christian names but all religions are steering away from "full names" now. Thats just from my personal experience. Our kids have either the long name with a nickname or a short name that doesnt have a nickname. We like the traditional naming, but I see why people are going away from traditional.

Another guess is because of Ellie's most recent miscarriage (I dont believe the Mother'sdayGate miscarriage was true. I wont open that can of worms, but I do believe the pregnancy before Tommy was true). She's been distant from her religion, like many women/families who have gone through loss start questioning their God, existence, worthiness, and we've seen before Ellie mentioning Heavenly Father rewarding them, etc. That's my guess and why Tommy is Tommy and not Thomas because she doesnt care to keep it traditional anymore.
The thing is when Tommy grows up and has to sign legal documents, etc. he will have to sign it Tommy Mecham because that's his legal name. Don't you find that a bit odd for a grown man? Why not just name him Thomas and call him Tommy? Is that too difficult for these people?
I completely agree that it's odd. My kids have the long proper names and we call them by their nicknames such as Tommy to Thomas. In my work, I see people do it often for reasons I mentioned above.
I am not around a _whole_ bunch of people having babies, but I am definitely not seeing the trend away from "proper" names that you're mentioning. (Sorry for being so late to respond). Lots of "non-traditional" names, yes. But people around where I live are still naming their kids things like Michael, Thomas, Anthony, etc, and calling them Mike, Tom, and Tony.
And I don't think at all that it's that Ellie is trying to get away from being traditional, or avoiding religious-based names. Nothing as deep as that Grandma Griffiths said she liked the name Tommy and that was that.
Personal: my son's name is Michael, and we call him that. His buddies call him Mike, but it sounds weird to me. But my MIL was determined to call him Mikey. She tried to get it to stick for so long. Definitely bonus points for tenacity. Finally we said that it could be her special nickname for him. And then she gave up.

Aussiegal2017
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aussiegal2017 »

Their viewer number are terrible they must be worried or do you think they dont care

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
DrYoutube
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DrYoutube »

Does Ellie think those glasses make her seem smarter??? And the haircut is too old for. And I think a lot of YouTubers are panicking because they are not making nearly the money they used to .And not for nothing the videos get repetitive after awhile.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Did we ever get an actual video explaining why they chose Tommy aside from GG suggesting it? Like why they chose it over Mason and what it means to them and whatnot

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Their channel is not doing great. Numbers still falling. They aren’t going to be able to save for post YT life in their current lifestyle with their current spending.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 23e83e.png[/img]

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Sorry for the double post - too late to edit.

I just wanted to say, I'd be FURIOUS if my parents named me a nickname. Like "change my name when I turn 18" furious. How is anyone going to take "Tommy Mecham" seriously as an adult, with a career, etc? I haven't been keeping up... But now I'm curious, is Tommy for sure his actual legal name? I keep chuckling over his middle name, though - may the Jared + Joel ship stay afloat forever and ever.

I actually narrowly avoided being named a nickname too. My mother desperately wanted to name me after a character on a soap opera. My dad, who rarely wins arguments with mom (because she will. not. stop.) prevailed on this occasion. He insisted on at least giving me the full name as opposed to the nickname, on my birth certificate and social security card. Think Amanda/Mandy.

My name is typically a nickname for a longer name. It's not terrible, but it'd definitely not very convenient. Especially since my mother spelled it differently than the typical spelling. All kinds of confusion when filling out official paperwork. It's also fun when people insist I don't know my own proper name, "No, no what is your name SHORT FOR" like I'm some kind of idiot. I'm sure Tommy is in for a lifetime of that.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HelloSweetie wrote:Their channel is not doing great. Numbers still falling. They aren’t going to be able to save for post YT life in their current lifestyle with their current spending.

Oof. I haven't watched one of their videos for a while. I started the last few but they were so terribly boring I turned them off. That's pretty shocking, though. I'm sure the Penny books, Bollie and the cookbook aren't going to offset that kind of hit. I hope they paid off a big chunk of their mortgage when they were booming...
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 7001de.png[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 2d1c02.png[/img]

What the actual hell lmaooo are they okay? Ellie’s ridiculously nonsensical captions never fail to surprise me and what the hell at Bonnie “I told my mom when I became a women” ??? Is she okay? Lolol

The way they talk reminds me of online bots that you give a lot of information and then they try to have conversations based on that information ImageImage

Also “treat your family good and when you don’t, forgive them” ?? Does she mean apologize? Let them forgive you? Yikes.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”