Bonnie Hoellein: Flying In A Rage Against Those Who Pay My Wage | Part 17

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Hitting a million subs is a big deal for YTers because they can make a good wage just selling their stuff to the viewers they have. It’s the target number. The idea is that 2% of viewers will buy your product. Say you sell a book (it’s usually a book) for $20 to 2% of your subs, that’s still more money than most people make in a year. If Bonnie made $5 off every book purchase, she’d still be making 6 figures. Thing is, Bonnie tried that, and I’m guessing it isn’t going well... back to the channel and the daily grind it is, hence the new trailer. She’s lashing out at her old audience because they didn’t buy her shit like she thought they would. She never should have gone into business with her sisters, because they share the same audience. Let’s say the cookbook manages to sell to 2% of Ruby’s audience (assuming she also shares most of the others’ viewers). Ok, so if they sold 36k books and made $5 on each after subtracting costs, then each Griffith family stands to make $30k. Not bad huh? Not enough to live off, plus they lose 9% to tithing. Plus let’s be real for a sec, this is a VERY GENEROUS estimate. Plus undoubtedly some Griffiths put all the work in while others only showed up for photo ops.

Bonnie and Ellie are used to spending 6 figures. 27k is a nice bonus for the average person that enjoys what they are doing, but it isn’t the WAY OUT that Bonnie and Ellie surely thought it would be. Add in the criticism of Bollie as a whole, and there’s no doubt they are hating their mom audience right now and feeling like the viewers let them down by expecting quality items and daring to ask questions. She ne as new subs that are willing to buy get stuff, hence the rebranding (which isn’t really rebranding at all). Maybe “nice” and “not mean” LDS women will buy their products?

She seems bitter and angry. She and Ellie have trapped themselves into a job they clearly hate. They could get outside jobs, grow up and move on, but they won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And neither of them could possibly replace their YT income with any job they could get. Neither could their husbands.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
reinedelaneige
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by reinedelaneige »

honestly they could put out shorter vlogs and still be putting out decent content. the problem is, not only ha e they completely done away with lengthy vlogs, the videos are literally nothing of substance. boys wrapping gifts from a bday vlog we’d already seen, olivia playing with toys and now passing off a channel trailer of cut together content from months-years ago as their upload for the day? that’s why people are upset, bonnie. it’s not just the “haters”.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

reinedelaneige wrote:honestly they could put out shorter vlogs and still be putting out decent content. the problem is, not only ha e they completely done away with lengthy vlogs, the videos are literally nothing of substance. boys wrapping gifts from a bday vlog we’d already seen, olivia playing with toys and now passing off a channel trailer of cut together content from months-years ago as their upload for the day? that’s why people are upset, bonnie. it’s not just the “haters”.
Exactly, what used to be small clips in a vlog she is now making a whole vlog out of. It’s lazy and her subs that have been around for more than a week are obviously going to notice the decline in quality. No one is forcing bonnie to stay on YouTube, if she hates it so much then leave. But she is used to a certain income and lifestyle now that only YouTube can afford her so she phones it in and throws lazy videos up for easy money. Which will only work for so long, the subs will get over it and unsubscribe and their views will tank. I personally can’t wait for that day to come because she needs a dose of reality slapped in her face.

queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

gopedjane wrote:
queenc13 wrote:I've been commenting on her (cruddy) videos on my phone. I can still see them on my phone, but when I go on my computer (my work account) I can't find my personal comments anywhere. They've been less than praising so I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or if she's been deleting them. Her attitude needs CHECKED. Go to church. Read an extra chapter of the book of mormon, something. Dang.
We all know she can't cut hair and she refused a proper education, so not sure what's she's going to do when this all goes South for her.
That means that either your entire account is blocked for commenting or you are using blocked words. You can see them but no one else can.

That's so insane to me. I mean, sure, my comments were not praising, but I never swear, never outright insult. That's really ridiculous. Guess I'll unsubscribe on both my accounts then!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They definitely read here. If you’ve ever posted a screenshot here of a comment you left, then you’re most likely banned whether it was bad or not. Just posting here makes you a mean hater.

queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

HelloSweetie wrote:They definitely read here. If you’ve ever posted a screenshot here of a comment you left, then you’re most likely banned whether it was bad or not. Just posting here makes you a mean hater.

She could probably find me on FB easy based on my YT name. DM, dolly! Big and bad until paychecks don't roll in, and then it's all tears for the camera, I guess.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
freebeegal wrote:Has anyone watched the relatively new ‘five to love’ channel. It’s a couple in Utah with two sons who also have recently had quintuplets. They respond beautifully to viewers comments, address them frequently and thank them for tips/advice. For example one of the quints car seat looked iffy and the dad started the next video thanking the viewers for notifying them and saying they’ve made the necessary changes. It’s such a breath of fresh air

Until the hype gets to them too. I remember when E&J were considered parenting goals. They used to have a good relationship with the audience too... until the adoration, money and good fortune went to their heads.

Five Two Love are older. Their older boy is in eighth grade. They are pretty confident and comfortable with who they are. I hope they don’t change.

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

She actually answered today, that she will start posting regular vlogs again.

I just don't get how a grown up woman would behave the way she did those last couple of weeks. Why not just post a short video explaining the situation?
"We will be pretty busy the next weeks, we have some private stuff going on, we are taking a break.... Regular vlogs will be back on XX.YY.ZZZZ
Easy.
Why did she have to be so nasty to people who supported her and her family for years, while at the same time preaching kindness? Her immature and nasty behavior has certainly cost her a lot of sympathies. Even if she's going back to normal vlogs, many people won't forget the way she acted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LilaRose wrote:She actually answered today, that she will start posting regular vlogs again.

I just don't get how a grown up woman would behave the way she did those last couple of weeks. Why not just post a short video explaining the situation?
"We will be pretty busy the next weeks, we have some private stuff going on, we are taking a break.... Regular vlogs will be back on XX.YY.ZZZZ
Easy.
Why did she have to be so nasty to people who supported her and her family for years, while at the same time preaching kindness? Her immature and nasty behavior has certainly cost her a lot of sympathies. Even if she's going back to normal vlogs, many people won't forget the way she acted.
That doesn't sound like "I'm.going to start right up" to me. That is just a "Yeah, yeah. Sure I will" to get people to shut up. Notice there's no timeline indicated. No "Next week" or "in a couple of weeks", or anything like that.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

lmmomSD wrote:
LilaRose wrote:She actually answered today, that she will start posting regular vlogs again.

Easy.
That doesn't sound like "I'm.going to start right up" to me. That is just a "Yeah, yeah. Sure I will" to get people to shut up. Notice there's no timeline indicated. No "Next week" or "in a couple of weeks", or anything like that.

She commented this on the one minute vlog. Bonnie has been acting like there hasn't been anything wrong with the vlogs being posted. I seen the comment and figured she meant they would have longer vlogs not like yesterday's.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Being nice benefits you but being kind benefits others. Um what? I would bet a large amount of money that kind would be in a thesaurus under nice. Besides they are only nice/kind to each other. Even that is a stretch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DrYoutube
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DrYoutube »

I HOPE Joel went back to work. Joel is that best out of ALL of them. Bonnie needs to SERIOUSLY go back and watch her old videos. Maybe the Bollie Brand doing terribly is one cause of stress. Your subscribers made you. You were a fun,humble mom back in the day. Try and find that again.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

gopedjane wrote:Being nice benefits you but being kind benefits others. Um what? I would bet a large amount of money that kind would be in a thesaurus under nice. Besides they are only nice/kind to each other. Even that is a stretch.

Haha! Yes! I was scratching my head on that one too. It's not the first time a Griffiths daughter uses the same word to try and make a point, It's as stupid as saying "Making someone laugh benefits you but being funny benefits others."
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

KaterTot wrote:
gopedjane wrote:Being nice benefits you but being kind benefits others. Um what? I would bet a large amount of money that kind would be in a thesaurus under nice. Besides they are only nice/kind to each other. Even that is a stretch.

Haha! Yes! I was scratching my head on that one too. It's not the first time a Griffiths daughter uses the same word to try and make a point, It's as stupid as saying "Making someone laugh benefits you but being funny benefits others."
My first thought was what the heck does that even mean?? And of course, people are praising her in the comments for how inspirational that line is. *facepalm*. She responded thanking one of them and said something along the lines of how she spent all day thinking how to word that thought correctly...

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Oh today’s title is so petty. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 621d3e.png[/img]

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

alym0326 wrote:Oh today’s title is so petty. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 621d3e.png[/img]

Lmaoo. I screenshot this too so I could post here. WHAT A IMMATURE PETTY ASS WOMAN.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Lol she's having a mental breakdown
Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

What a smart ass title, a smart ass thumbnail and a smart ass attitude for people that made that play button happen

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Candy0704
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Candy0704 »

Soooooo now Dolly is a content maker not a daily family vlogger. Well thanks that justifies the junk you put out last week.
theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

What a b*&^h! Between the title and having to constantly and repeatedly tell us this was a regular vlog?! Check that attitude at the door Dolly. And then she starts off the "regular" vlog by saying that she and Joel went on vacation :P What a hard life.

Why the heck couldn't Olivia get a tin of candy like the boys did? Let's reinforce the stereotype of girls looking and staying beautiful by getting her lipgloss on the trip. Sure, I bet she did like the present, but a tin of jelly beans isn't going to hurt her. We already know that she likes candy.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”