Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part 20

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I was skimming E&J’s thread and saw a post by ImmomSD. It said, “They had kids for the love they thought they would receive, and the actual work of parenting doesn't live up to the fantasy.”

I want to make sure she gets the proper credit because this was not my thought. However, I wanted to share her thought here because I think it perfectly encapsulates everything about C&K’s expectations on parenthood. After their losses, they wanted a baby so badly. It all sounded so perfect, “stay at home with the baby, make money staying home, recording our lives, etc.” Remember when the newspaper reporter came to their house and did a story on them? Cullen even made a point not to miss uploading a video the day his dad passed and said, “we share everything we you guys, the good and the bad”. At that time, they were on top of the world.

My how times have changed. Parenting is WAY more difficult than they expected, they have both become lazy sloths who can barely stand one another.

I digress as I know this has all been stated numerous times before but wanted to share ImmomSD’s comment on this thread. IMO, she really stated it perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

ewokfan11 wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:
I think they just got back from seeing E&J. They are traveling somewhere today though on a plane.
They were in Utah at least two weeks ago. I wonder why they haven't posted anything about the trip.
I believe they said that vlog would come, but still nothing yet
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

At this rate we are going to see co tent from them a month after it was recorded! They always say "ya'll stay tuned" but they have said that several times on their stories and we haven't seen any of the content. Not the best way to keep people interested, eventually no one will be tuning in.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 54454b.png[/img]

It seems like they’ve abandoned their channel to do more lucrative deals like ads. They’ve gotta bring in the bucks, ya know.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

yoyo16 wrote:
It seems like they’ve abandoned their channel to do more lucrative deals like ads. They’ve gotta bring in the bucks, ya know.
Sponsorships are fine if that's what supplements their income, but if they do mostly ads, and hardly any vlog content, people will stop watching, and sponsors won't want to work with them anymore because their viewer base will be so small.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

yoyo16 wrote:It seems like they’ve abandoned their channel to do more lucrative deals like ads. They’ve gotta bring in the bucks, ya know.
Another hotel brand deal? I wonder if they get paid on top of the free flights, hotel/room service and activities. Maybe they don't care if they can get away from kids!!
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part 20

Last hotel deal was Staybridge Suites. Now they’re doing Holiday Inn Express. Isn’t that a conflict of interest? Or are they owned by the same company?

Edit: should have googled before posting. They’re both IHG hotels. I wonder if they signed a bigger deal with IHG and we should expect more ads like this in the future.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I was skimming E&J’s thread and saw a post by ImmomSD. It said, “They had kids for the love they thought they would receive, and the actual work of parenting doesn't live up to the fantasy.”

I want to make sure she gets the proper credit because this was not my thought. However, I wanted to share her thought here because I think it perfectly encapsulates everything about C&K’s expectations on parenthood. After their losses, they wanted a baby so badly. It all sounded so perfect, “stay at home with the baby, make money staying home, recording our lives, etc.” Remember when the newspaper reporter came to their house and did a story on them? Cullen even made a point not to miss uploading a video the day his dad passed and said, “we share everything we you guys, the good and the bad”. At that time, they were on top of the world.

My how times have changed. Parenting is WAY more difficult than they expected, they have both become lazy sloths who can barely stand one another.

I digress as I know this has all been stated numerous times before but wanted to share ImmomSD’s comment on this thread. IMO, she really stated it perfectly!

Aww, shucks.

But you are right-- it really does apply to C&K too. I think in a big way it's related to the narcissism inherent in vlogging. These people only think of the good it's going to bring them.

Parenting is very hard work on the best of days. It's also heart-burstingly wonderful. And if you put in the hard work consistently, early on, it does get easier for a while until the hormone fairies arrive.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Katie says the kids car seats had ants. I can only imagine how nasty they were.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

She didn’t learn anything from Dolly did she? First that disgusting cheese ball then a baking dish of basically the same thing with buffalo sauce in it with chips still in bags for their hosting a football party. Oh ya, I forgot...pizza was on the way. Dolly puts out a beautiful spread when hosting anything. Homemade variety of stuff on platters. Even if it’s bought from a store she makes it look beautiful and delicious. She always offers nice fruits and veg dishes too. Kelley does the same. Katie...nope. All shit all the time.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Lovethesnark wrote:Katie says the kids car seats had ants. I can only imagine how nasty they were.

There’s NO way I’d transfer those bug covered piggy seats into my car. NOPE! Id go buy a couple and keep them in my garage for emergencies. That way I’d know they weren’t going to infest MY car.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Brooks scoot scooting around the corner when he heard GrandBerry on the phone was the cutest thing. LOL That kid cracks me up.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How did the car seats get ants? Do I even want to know?

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Am I the only one that likes cheese balls? Is the problem people are having with Katie’s is the chicken?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Brooks scoot scooting around the corner when he heard GrandBerry on the phone was the cutest thing. LOL That kid cracks me up.
I'm glad they got him in soccer. Of course, he's in soccer and Gaines is in gymnastics. Can't possibly have it the other way around. But those instastories of him placing the ball just so (with his hands, lol) and then kicking them into the goal were so cute.
I just don't get why they don't appreciate that boy. He is hilarious.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:Am I the only one that likes cheese balls? Image Is the problem people are having with Katie’s is the chicken?

I think it's the ranch and the canned chicken. There is a Martha Stewart one with sharp cheddar, and yummy seasonings besides the cream cheese. My aunt and I have made those together for family gatherings. But I'm sorry. Canned chicken is inherently disgusting. Get a rostisserie chicken and strip it if you are too "busy" to cook some chicken breasts.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Brooks scoot scooting around the corner when he heard GrandBerry on the phone was the cutest thing. LOL That kid cracks me up.
I'm glad they got him in soccer. Of course, he's in soccer and Gaines is in gymnastics. Can't possibly have it the other way around. But those instastories of him placing the ball just so (with his hands, lol) and then kicking them into the goal were so cute.

He did gymnastics for a little while, i assume it just wasn't his thing. That boy LOVES balls so i'm glad they put him in soccer and it WAS the cutest thing EVER! He is so cute and so funny.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Baconsgirl wrote:Am I the only one that likes cheese balls? Image Is the problem people are having with Katie’s is the chicken?

I would use a rotisserie chicken, but the concept it's self isn't so terrible. I love football/party food snacks though. (rotel dip might be one of my most favorite foods even if it's terrible for you, and i don't eat it often lol) My husband loves the buffalo dip, but i'm not a fan of buffalo chicken anyway, so that one sounds yuck to me. I don't see anything wrong with stuff like this and pizza for a game day party.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That's too much cream cheese. There were a total of 6 adults at their house, and she had a 9x13 pan full of that buffalo dip. Plus if they ate that cheese ball that week, too, they consumed at least 4 entire bricks of cream cheese in a week.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

He did gymnastics for a little while, i assume it just wasn't his thing. That boy LOVES balls so i'm glad they put him in soccer and it WAS the cutest thing EVER! He is so cute and so funny.
Actually it's Katie who is too lazy to bring Brooks to gymnastics on a different day than Gaines. She mentioned that would be a problem, I new right then she would sacrifice Brooks and not bring him at all. Glad though he's doing soccer, can imagine how cute it was, didn't watch the vlog yet.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”