8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

reinedelaneige
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by reinedelaneige »

this is such a petty thing for me to notice lmao but did ruby really go through the self check-out lane at walmart with all those groceries? those lanes are intended for 10 items or less- small purchases.
the people that go through the self check out with a cart full of stuff are so irritating. sorry i just noticed that and rolled my eyes bc of course she wouldn’t mind inconveniencing everyone at the store, she already had her kids running around like crazy.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

reinedelaneige wrote:this is such a petty thing for me to notice lmao but did ruby really go through the self check-out lane at walmart with all those groceries? those lanes are intended for 10 items or less- small purchases.
the people that go through the self check out with a cart full of stuff are so irritating. sorry i just noticed that and rolled my eyes bc of course she wouldn’t mind inconveniencing everyone at the store, she already had her kids running around like crazy.
Not to defend Ruby, but some if the Walmarts have self checkouts for people with more than 10 items. Our Walmart has like 6of them and probably 8 of the ones for 10 items or less, and the cashiers are constantly trying to get people to use them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Tiger27 wrote:
skrt09 wrote:The vlogs are more than 2 weeks behind at this point. They clearly split one day of filming into several videos, and they're all out of order. The videos are super bright and there's just an overall weird vibe that I've been getting from them lately. What is going on?
The over exposure look to all the vlogs is awful! A. How do you not notice when editing?? It been like that for a while now. B. When you are so freaking behind, you can’t notice comments about a technical issue and adjust.

Their (lack of) schedule is nuts. They want you to watch Shari’s videos on your off days but she posted about the car crash/first day of school like a week ago. Then we see them lunch shopping after the first day and Ruby even mentions in today’s video “yesterday’s video was emotional” referring to Abby finding out she got in to school but that was two videos ago. Is there a method to Ruby’s madness or is she literally just that unorganized that she can’t get her vlogs posted in order. I suppose I’d have trouble remembering which happened first too if I was posting things from 2-3 weeks ago. We’re going to get holiday vlogs around the actual holiday but then have to watch them prepping for the each holiday two weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree, came here to say the same thing. I don't mind if they are a couple days behind. But 2.5 weeks is very long and even than they can't keep the chronology at all, which is very confusing. 6 days ago they did the live video where Kevin already announced that Abby got into private school. Two days later came the vlog where they got the "surprise" call, which wasn't a surprise at all, that Abby got into private school. The next day (Thursday) Shari posted about the first day of school and the accident (which made sense). But then on Friday Ruby posted the video about Abby being in public school and reacting to her acceptance into the other school.... On Saturday then Ruby posted the first day of school, plus the accident (two days after Shari already did that) and on Sunday they posted again the day BEFORE the first day of school (which had to be the day they already had posted about on Friday when Abby was pulled out of public school). Why on earth would someone mix up the timeline like that. Very annoying to watch.
jennjenn
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jennjenn »

I can't stop thinking about the car crash video. I read through some more of the comments on that video and I think I'm done with this channel for good.

I started watching because I liked watching the way Ruby interacted with her kids and ran her home, and aspired to be a little more like her. Now I aspire to be nothing like her. Inattentive, disorganized, and obsessed with being a YouTube "personality." It's sick. I have seen so many idiotic things this past year or two that still make me upset whenever I think about them. I can't watch this train wreck anymore hoping for glimpses of what the channel used to be. Plus, the kids don't seem to enjoy it anymore and I don't want to watch them be exploited for my enjoyment.
Lauralou_15
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lauralou_15 »

I agree I think I’m done too! I started watching when Eve was still in a crib and I enjoyed watching Ruby and the kids but this YT fame has done them no good at all and they are no longer watchable just obnoxious!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onceafollower wrote:Because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:11

That's not how it works Ruby.I can't believe she's teaching that to her kids. What if heaven forbid one gets cancer...did they not pray enough? Thats not how life works.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Her very own aunt died of breast cancer last year.
Guess she didn't make the cut.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

It's all so very revolting. I feel like all of this is going to have such a detrimental impact on these children as they grow older. Like how is "When I was a kid we witnessed a car accident which my mum filmed, put on the internet for 1000000s of people to watch, caused us to cry and be upset, and then we got money for it" a memory to treasure??? I am not saying you can only remember positive stuff, but don't FILM the shitty things that happen to OTHER people. I am completely disgusted!
Also, this seems petty compared to the car accident vlog, but I also found the 'Abby gets accepted to private school' stuff extremely obnoxious and borderline offensive. All year the Franke family has been implying that public school downright sucks. You get drama, bullying, and a crappy education at public school apparently. Thank goodness they saw the light and went over to the Mormon school! Barf. As if all the viewers can't afford hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to private school are getting a crap education. And I'm saying this as someone who went to private school from primary (kindergarten) to grade 12.
meatloaf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by meatloaf »

And this is why I have stopped watching this narsasistic, insane woman. Filming a car accident and then letting her children walk by the side of the freeway by themselves. You couldn’t take them down there or your friend couldn’t come get them? She hopes they got to school alright? You are a moron Ruby! Did the police see what she was doing? Wish she had gotten a ticket for not having Eve in the proper car seat.

And the fact that your husband lets her get away with all this crap. Shame on him. But he is a moron too.

These kids are down right brats. I hope they get all sorts of crap at school because they think they are so cool as YouTubers.

The whole Griffith family sucks. Their parents seem to be ok but to let your children carry on the way they do. Unbelievable!
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

Russells outburst and tantrum today seemed a bit strange to me. I understand Julie hit him but his reaction was delayed. After she hits him he actually smiles and appear to begin to laugh (in a kind of ow this hurts but it's all fun and games sort of way) but then stops and kind of thinks about it and then gets upset. It's just interesting to see because you can see he was thinking about how to respond and he chose to get upset, I'm guessing in a bid to get more attention.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Chad saying that everyone at school already knows he is going to win the student council election was so obnoxious. I do not care for that attitude. His "fame" from youtube is not his own and it's not fair to the other students that he win based on this popularity as it is, but that attitude to go with it is just gross.

Russel's tantrum was absolutely strange. He didn't cry at all when Chat jumped out to scare him and tackled him but later he runs away screaming and crying when Julie gets a little rough with him? He literally lays on the ground for a few seconds before the screaming even starts. And then the way the parents react was just the topping on the cake. They have a 6-year-old (7?) throwing an absolute screaming fit and they just continue filming and laughing? Anything for those views, I guess.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

golden12345f wrote:Russells outburst and tantrum today seemed a bit strange to me. I understand Julie hit him but his reaction was delayed. After she hits him he actually smiles and appear to begin to laugh (in a kind of ow this hurts but it's all fun and games sort of way) but then stops and kind of thinks about it and then gets upset. It's just interesting to see because you can see he was thinking about how to respond and he chose to get upset, I'm guessing in a bid to get more attention.
I saw it a little differently, at first you could see he was trying to hide the fact he was upset, then ruby said "the bee is unwanted" and he bursts into rage. All of Russell's episodes have fuel behind them, he never freaks out for no reason, but the poor child doesn't have the tools or understanding of how to handle emotions... some other child of his age may have looked at julie and said with slight anger "don't hit me!" and then be totally fine, but russell is lacking skills, it has gone on for so long now that he thinks it's normal for him to be like that "oh just russell being russell" when in reality this child needs some sort of therapy. It can be in transition now to an attention seeking behavior, children are very smart. Either way, he is a child who needs help.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I do not normally watch 8 passengers but the car crash one came up in the suggested vlogs so I decided to check it out. The way Ruby carried on-sticking the camera up in folks face videoing and she didn't even have damage to her vehicle. I know many states have distracted driving laws where you can get a ticket for being on a cell phone while driving. What about her holding a camera and videoing for her vlog? From what I seen she was distracted by vlogging-couldn't tell the police anything about what happened.The whole Griffin family vloggers need to concentrate on driving instead of videoing!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

natalka81 wrote:It's all so very revolting. I feel like all of this is going to have such a detrimental impact on these children as they grow older. Like how is "When I was a kid we witnessed a car accident which my mum filmed, put on the internet for 1000000s of people to watch, caused us to cry and be upset, and then we got money for it" a memory to treasure??? I am not saying you can only remember positive stuff, but don't FILM the shitty things that happen to OTHER people. I am completely disgusted!
Also, this seems petty compared to the car accident vlog, but I also found the 'Abby gets accepted to private school' stuff extremely obnoxious and borderline offensive. All year the Franke family has been implying that public school downright sucks. You get drama, bullying, and a crappy education at public school apparently. Thank goodness they saw the light and went over to the Mormon school! Barf. As if all the viewers can't afford hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to private school are getting a crap education. And I'm saying this as someone who went to private school from primary (kindergarten) to grade 12.
"As if all the viewers *WHO can't afford hundreds of thousands of dollars..." Sorry
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

If they don’t support Russell in the way he needs to be supported, it’s only going to get worse in severity and in regards to socially acceptable behavior for a kid his age, especially as he grows.

Assuming he is a neuro-typical child, I think everyone can think of that one family with that one child who never received coping mechanisms and now has severe behavior problems.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:If they don’t support Russell in the way he needs to be supported, it’s only going to get worse in severity and in regards to socially acceptable behavior for a kid his age, especially as he grows.

Assuming he is a neuro-typical child, I think everyone can think of that one family with that one child who never received coping mechanisms and now has severe behavior problems.
Absolutely.

I find that a lot of my organization's juvenile potential clients who were evaluated turned out to be neuro-typical but never received the proper attention so that they could thrive. Russell strikes me as being the one left behind. I believe that most of his tantrums/over-excitement is due to his need for attention. He knows that extreme emotions = someone trying to calm him down or showing happiness that he's excited over socks.
I wonder too if living constantly in front of the camera (or at least the possibility of a camera on him at any time) has affected the ways in which he displays emotion. It certainly would for me as an adult- differently, of course, but I don't think my emotions would always be genuine on camera.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:If they don’t support Russell in the way he needs to be supported, it’s only going to get worse in severity and in regards to socially acceptable behavior for a kid his age, especially as he grows.

Absolutely.

I find that a lot of my organization's juvenile potential clients who were evaluated turned out to be neuro-typical but never received the proper attention so that they could thrive. Russell strikes me as being the one left behind. I believe that most of his tantrums/over-excitement is due to his need for attention. He knows that extreme emotions = someone trying to calm him down or showing happiness that he's excited over socks.
I wonder too if living constantly in front of the camera (or at least the possibility of a camera on him at any time) has affected the ways in which he displays emotion. It certainly would for me as an adult- differently, of course, but I don't think my emotions would always be genuine on camera.
I think this is a huge part of it. And with the scripted BS so many vloggers do (especially Ruby) it must get confusing for kids. When rules aren't consistent, it's hard for kids to know how to act. It seems that there are definite expectations of how the kids should act on camera, vs what is expected off camera. Didn't Ruby used to be relatively strict? And now her kids run wild and she encourages it. How do they know what the "real" rules are?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Went back to the car crash video...Looks like Ruby has been deleting comments. Day of, there were comments with hundreds of likes saying how insensitive/rude/offensive it was to be filming all of that, as well as comments about Eve's car seat, the kids on the side of the road, etc. Today, nothing. All the comments are either positive, thanking god they're alive, or just have nothing to do with the crash.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

what family are you referring to?? or are you just talking in general?
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

So Ruby is now so busy that she has to hire a driver to take her kids to school? Mire like she doesn't want to have to get ready and get Eve out that early.

Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

crowmtmom78 wrote:So Ruby is now so busy that she has to hire a driver to take her kids to school? Mire like she doesn't want to have to get ready and get Eve out that early.

I was like: what?! She is a stay at home mom, isn't that what she is supposed to do? It isn't even hard because all the kids go to the same school and it's not like she has a baby or something like that. Shari will be driving that van right after she gets her licence. So dangerous l, she is a new driver and shouldn't have to drive all of her siblings every day!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”