Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

janem wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
janem wrote:Double post... Corbin must be buying views. Suddenly a 2 day old boring vlog increased in views to exactly 10k. Hi Corbin!!!
I think he's buying views AND likes. I always notice the likes are usually high for the # of views and comments...and run about the same daily. I guess they have to buy them to keep brands interested.
I didn’t realize that they could also buy likes. What a racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can literally buy anything related to SM these days. Shane Dawson did an interesting video about it. Here's one of the site that let you buy "fame." LOL

https://isocialfame.com/collections/youtube-marketing
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

ewokfan11 wrote:
janem wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: I think he's buying views AND likes. I always notice the likes are usually high for the # of views and comments...and run about the same daily. I guess they have to buy them to keep brands interested.
I didn’t realize that they could also buy likes. What a racket.

You can literally buy anything related to SM these days. Shane Dawson did an interesting video about it. Here's one of the site that let you buy "fame." LOL

https://isocialfame.com/collections/youtube-marketing
Thanks. I didn’t know that they could buy so many things. I agree with you, I’m sure he’s buying both. The numbers just don’t add up. Just checked and yesterday’s vlog has increased in 300 views in the last hour and a half.
I’m still curious to know if their families know about this or just think they’re doing fine

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

If a YouTuber is buying their views are they still getting paid for those views?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alyssadt wrote:If a YouTuber is buying their views are they still getting paid for those views?
They buy them from a third party, so they would look like regular views to YT. I would assume they still get paid even for the views they purchased. Of course, unless the channel continues to grow, they are basically throwing money away. It really seems like a risky gamble on a small channel like C&K's.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

I’d be willing to bet that he’s buying views behind Kelsey’s back. I get the impression she’s not into YT but too lazy to do anything else.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also the times she seems kinda old about Juniper like at the sandwich shop, I think the truth is that they have been fighting & he pulls out the camera and she’s still stewing. Could be wrong but I just think they fight more than we would guess. They are both immature and their current lifestyle is stressful at least for them.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ohaudrey wrote:I’d be willing to bet that he’s buying views behind Kelsey’s back. I get the impression she’s not into YT but too lazy to do anything else.
That's an interesting idea. I think some of us here have speculated Corbin controls all the finances, so he could easily hide things like that if she doesn't have bank account access to check on the spending.

I agree that they probably fight A LOT. I really think YT is Corbin's idea and Kelsey doesn't have skills (or want) to get a job, so she just does what he wants. Scary relationship! I think they expected to be making a lot more $$$$, but Corbin burned a lot of bridges with the (money train) Lannings and now they are broke again and had to move to Idaho.

Maybe Kelsey will finally wake up and see how shitty things have become and make Corbin get a job. I wouldn't be shocked if Corbin's pressuring her to get pregnant because he needs views.

What a messed up life!!
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
ohaudrey wrote:I’d be willing to bet that he’s buying views behind Kelsey’s back. I get the impression she’s not into YT but too lazy to do anything else.
That's an interesting idea. I think some of us here have speculated Corbin controls all the finances, so he could easily hide things like that if she doesn't have bank account access to check on the spending.

I agree that they probably fight A LOT. I really think YT is Corbin's idea and Kelsey doesn't have skills (or want) to get a job, so she just does what he wants. Scary relationship! I think they expected to be making a lot more $$$$, but Corbin burned a lot of bridges with the (money train) Lannings and now they are broke again and had to move to Idaho.

Maybe Kelsey will finally wake up and see how shitty things have become and make Corbin get a job. I wouldn't be shocked if Corbin's pressuring her to get pregnant because he needs views.

What a messed up life!!

You have to wonder what type of conversations happen when she is with her family. She likely opens up to them about her dissatisfaction but perhaps not too much because she is intimidated by Corbin. Do they encourage her to get a job and she ignores it or do they stay out of it? She just had that trip with her mom/sister with a LOT of time to talk...
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

ohaudrey wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

What a messed up life!!

You have to wonder what type of conversations happen when she is with her family. She likely opens up to them about her dissatisfaction but perhaps not too much because she is intimidated by Corbin. Do they encourage her to get a job and she ignores it or do they stay out of it? She just had that trip with her mom/sister with a LOT of time to talk...
That’s what I wondered... does she talk to her mom. I have a feeling her mom doesn’t really care for Corbin. She’s got to see how he is.

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Judging by the few times I’ve seen her mom on the cogs, she doesn’t seem at all interested in being on camera. There are times when Kelsey comes off that way, too... then others when she seems bubbly so who knows.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm guessing Kelsey's mom just tolerates Corbin. He's just obnoxious. It is interesting their "birthday" celebration was taking Kelsey far, far away from Corbin. LOL

Now that they basically live with his parents it's easy to forget he wasn't even on speaking terms with them for at least a year. His parents didn't even meet June until she was almost ONE! Now I think they encouraged C&K to move to Idaho after the van trip instead of the expensive Portland apartment, but Corbin refused and cut his parents off—because he's an asshole. His attitude and lack of a real job has landed them back in Idaho with his parents...and probably for a long, long time.

I'd really like to know what REALLY happens behind the scenes with this couple. I can't imagine Kelsey is happy with their current situation. Its getting oh.so.obvious. they aren't really that happy.
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

At some point theyll have to come back to reality and realize that YT just isnt going to pay them the money they need to sustain this lifestyle. It seems like Kelsey is just over YT in general and Corbin is trying to portray them as something they just aren't. He would be a lot more tolerable if he'd stop being such a pretentious know it all.

I feel bad for Kelsey. She just doesn't seem happy at all anymore.

As a side note, I think the trip away was also to wean Juniper. I feel like Corbin suddenly talking about her nursing after not mentioning in ages his way of being passive aggressive about it. His relationship with June is creepy AF.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm going to give some honest observations of Corbin...not diagnosing him, but what I can see from what he's revealed himself and why I think he's clinging to YT.

Look, I've worked in TV news for years (and online news and print news), and guys like Corbin are not uncommon in the industry. Corbin craves attention and thinks he's smarter than everyone else and has a BAD attitude. It was obvious to me that he was unhappy working BTS at the news station and was hoping to become on-air talent because of the attention. When his new news job in Portland wasn't what he wanted, he quit within days...and burned his bridges in the news community there (sound familiar to outcome with the Lannings?). I doubt he even told Kelsey he was going to quit that job.

I think Corbin's issues are more than just ego. He sees himself as better than everyone else. He sees himself as someone more important than the people around him. He sees himself as "too good" for a regular job—even if it's a job that leads to better things in the future. Corbin doesn't want to "work"...he wants to be FAMOUS.

This is not normal. This is why YT is his last resort to become famous.

I think this is why he tries to keep himself, Kelsey and June isolated from friends and family—from reality. I think this is why he doesn't have ANY friends. It does make me worry about how he treats Kelsey BTS. I absolutely get the feeling he's capable of RAGE when things aren't going his way...remember how he treated the insurance people when it was actually his own FAULT they didn't have insurance?

Kelsey should take June and move in with her mom.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

All of this !
ewokfan11 wrote:I'm going to give some honest observations of Corbin...not diagnosing him, but what I can see from what he's revealed himself and why I think he's clinging to YT.

Look, I've worked in TV news for years (and online news and print news), and guys like Corbin are not uncommon in the industry. Corbin craves attention and thinks he's smarter than everyone else and has a BAD attitude. It was obvious to me that he was unhappy working BTS at the news station and was hoping to become on-air talent because of the attention. When his new news job in Portland wasn't what he wanted, he quit within days...and burned his bridges in the news community there (sound familiar to outcome with the Lannings?). I doubt he even told Kelsey he was going to quit that job.

I think Corbin's issues are more than just ego. He sees himself as better than everyone else. He sees himself as someone more important than the people around him. He sees himself as "too good" for a regular job—even if it's a job that leads to better things in the future. Corbin doesn't want to "work"...he wants to be FAMOUS.

This is not normal. This is why YT is his last resort to become famous.

I think this is why he tries to keep himself, Kelsey and June isolated from friends and family—from reality. I think this is why he doesn't have ANY friends. It does make me worry about how he treats Kelsey BTS. I absolutely get the feeling he's capable of RAGE when things aren't going his way...remember how he treated the insurance people when it was actually his own FAULT they didn't have insurance?

Kelsey should take June and move in with her mom.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Has to suck to live your dream on $75 bux fun money when your bff- that told you about this life is #squadgoals with other people. That was you 1 year ago.. WTF hapoen, girl?
Missy will take you back -is that it? You got nothing but time?
You do know there are better fucks than him.. Like, BETTER

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Sorry don’t buy this whole video today. They aren’t really saving all that much. Some of those amounts seemed low. Plus they aren’t living in the RV full time.
They said they were also small business owners. Something other than YouTube they made it sound like. They didn’t say what it was.
I think this was another pre filmed video. Wonder how much they’re actually making off YouTube.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Does anyone know why June would be on a different health care plan than C&K??? Maybe they qualify for low income insurance, so June is basically on Medicaid? C&K must be on a really CRAPPY plan considering they only pay about $250 a month for both of them.

HOLY BEANS! By their own estimates, they still spend about $3000 a month living "frugally" in the RV?????!!!! And they aren't paying anything for the RV. They have a lot of debt, so do they really need to spend $500 a month on food if they have that much debt to pay off? $1000 a month in gas? How about just stay with Corbin's parents and pay off your credit cards and student loans and car???

I noticed he didn't mention anything about paying taxes. :?

They seem to be in some serious financial trouble. Time to stop the non-stop vacation lifestyle and tackle "real" life. Do they really think they will EVER be able to get a house with that sort of messed up budget? Do they even have a dime in savings?

I had to LOL when Corbin said they are "small business owners." Small is right....
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

ewokfan11 wrote:Does anyone know why June would be on a different health care plan than C&K??? Maybe they qualify for low income insurance, so June is basically on Medicaid? C&K must be on a really CRAPPY plan considering they only pay about $250 a month for both of them.

HOLY BEANS! By their own estimates, they still spend about $3000 a month living "frugally" in the RV?????!!!! And they aren't paying anything for the RV. They have a lot of debt, so do they really need to spend $500 a month on food if they have that much debt to pay off? $1000 a month in gas? How about just stay with Corbin's parents and pay off your credit cards and student loans and car???

I noticed he didn't mention anything about paying taxes. :?

They seem to be in some serious financial trouble. Time to stop the non-stop vacation lifestyle and tackle "real" life. Do they really think they will EVER be able to get a house with that sort of messed up budget? Do they even have a dime in savings?

I had to LOL when Corbin said they are "small business owners." Small is right....
I also thought June must be on Medicaid. They also probably just pay the minimum on their credit cards and student loans. He didn’t bother to mention how much they’re actually saving, which I don’t think is too much. They’re still spending a lot on frivolous things. $1000 on gas is a lot!

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I can’t imagine living the way they do. I would be so stressed. I agree with a previous post this is all about Corbin. Sorry, but a good parent will swallow their pride in order to give a better life for their daughter. It’s no longer about what Corbin or Kelsey like it’s about a stable healthy life for June. God forbid any of them get really sick. I am sure their insurance covers catastrophic events, but if they fall and break a leg or an arm that’s out of pocket until they meet that high deductible. June’s I am sure covers her wellness visits etc.

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

My car insurance alone is $180 and I drive a Ford Flex, never had an accident and don't have any tickets. I call bullshit on a number or their claims. They do not earn enough from YouTube to be footing their bills. Mommy and daddy are helping more then they let on. What is this small business he speaks of?

June is most definitely on Medicaid.

They're so full of shit I can't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”