Bonnie Hoellein: Flying In A Rage Against Those Who Pay My Wage | Part 17

Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

What I don’t like about this whole thing is that she is mixing excuses, delusions, and truth. She WAS vulnerable and told us her weight, her struggle, her internal dialogue and that part I get! Who wouldn’t??? What I don’t like was that she first said “She went to the doctor and he found a hernia”. No, you went to a plastic surgeon and he found a way (an excuse) to get a tummy tuck. Then she talks about how she medically needs this surgery because of hernia and diastasis recti. No, you want a flat stomach. You want to feel better about your weight. In fact, in the video, she lets it slip that she had a tummy tuck with liposuction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that - I myself had one. But I don’t like this whiny, miserable excuse that it was medically necessary - “to be proportionate”. You had a tummy tuck because you feel bad about your weight and you thought that would make you feel better! It’s like when women say they have breathing issues so they have a nose job. You had a nose job because you didn’t like your nose!!! You got liposuction and tummy tuck because you dont’ like your body!!
I say this because I have seen myself mirrored with Bonnie. After I had my fourth child in my mid-30s, I simply could not lose the weight. It fell off with all the others but I jsut couldn’t with the fourth. I exercised. I tried to eat well. I did diets. I hired personal trainers. And for 8 years the weight just stayed on. I finally went off my SSRI (which I wouldn’t be surprised if Bonnie is on - and they are KNOWN for weight gain issues) and when I really cut my calories and really cut out the junk and was really really consistent I lost the last twenty pounds. But it took me ONE YEAR after going off SSRIs. And then I had the tummy tuck. And I was honest and I didnt hide behind excuses.
I applaud Bonnie for being somewhat transparent but she has a long way to go. She needs to be honest along with being vulnerable.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I am sure she didn't admit the times she had a whole full size bag of chips gnawing on them like her only meal at Ellies or all the sweets and other things we watch her gorge on. She has made sure the camera didn't catch her eating but her Sister's and Parents sure didn't. And it wasn't on purpose she was just in the background eating junk food while telling us about how hard she was working out. She truly does not understand you do not work off what you eat when you eat like she does. She would of never won that battle for sure but had she of really ate low carb, high protein and worked out, she would of had results.

It is simply untrue about the never losing weight cause of her "type" of fat. Diet is 80% of losing weight NOT working out. Though the Doctor wants you to move, it's very important for your heart etc, when it comes to the weight loss game, what you put in your mouth is more important than how you move your body when it comes down to it. You can eat junk and exercise and not lose but if you eat well and don't exercise you do. That's just fact. I just had a relative have weight loss surgery who was barely in the 200s and they had the permanent one. They have the worst eating habits and even took 3 times the amount of time to lose enough to get the surgery approved. If they struggled that much trying to lose just for temporary to get the tool to lose more why would a Doctor go on and approve?
Same as Bonnies. The almighty dollar.

I bet dollar to donuts or peach cobbler and cream (HA!) that she had a weight loss procedure with the repairs. They often do them together. Bonnie is not fat to me but just a thicker girl and always will be. It shows in Olivia too. Again not fat but just a thicker build. She really needs to talk to someone. Her weight has always been first and foremost on her mind and it shouldn't be. I think living in a slim family with a slightly bigger build has damaged her. I don't know if her Sister's bullied her or her Mom made her feel bad about it but something is behind all her emotional mess. It's too over the top for what it is.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Diastasis Recti is more than just cosmetic. Is a severe weakening of hot core and can lead to many other issues. Just wanted to clear that up because people were making it sounds like that was reason purely cosmetic. It’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Everyone said everything already. I want to add that I have diastasis recti about 4cm wide and currently pregnant again, and with each pregnancy the pains are worse on my overall muscles around my torso, back, pelvic... The hospital where I work offers bulk billed (google what that means if you dont understand) physio for pregnant women and postpartum physio there and you can absolutely fix diastasis recti without surgery. You are offered so much support and information, second, third and forth opinions, locations, schedules... It requires A LOT OF WORK, time and patience. You need a physical therapist or personal trainer who knows how to properly fix it. It's not a 3-6 month fix, it requires so much consistant time. Surgery is obviously a way to fix it but you dont need to get it. I havent put in much work at all to help myself with my own DR but am planning to after this pregnancy as I am thinking it's my last.

Now that that's off my chest... If I was as wealthy as Bonnie I would absolutely get lipo and surgery. I'd get a (minor!!!) boob job/lift and vag-fixing too if I had the money and knew I was done with having babies. :) Id 100% do it if I had the money.

Also, what a shit doctor she went to. Everything sounds like he is $elling it to her big time and she's just eating it up. He didn't offer any support to help lose weight prior to surgery? Any support or information in using physical therapy to help diastasis recti? Any support or info for a nutritionist or dietician? Something doesn't sound right. Sounds like a bunch of excuses from her, and sounds like she should have seen more than one doctor for advice. If she wanted lipo, I dont blame her, she can afford it.

Ive never had lipo nor do I know anyone who has had it. But Im assuming there are dietary restrictions after surgery. Shouldn't you have a support system like your mother who brings you cobler, to let them know you had surgery and need to be careful with what you eat?

she should have 'taken us on the ride' like she did with her tonsillectomy. It would have brought in more view. I would have been interested in watching that!
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

ONe more thing - I just realized that she has bruises all up and down her arms. So she had full body lipo. Not just on her sides “to be proportionate”
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

wow that surgeon sounds like he's an arsehole.

edit: peach clobbler? ok
you can call me kath.
theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

Someone else made a good point that in the video you could see no actual tears. Just a lot of whimpering.

Now that Dollie has had lipo, I want to make a quick comparison to Trisha Paytas. A few(?) years back, Trisha had lipo I believe, or a tummy tuck; some kind of plastic surgery, and didn't keep up with the weight loss. Trisha looks exactly how she looked pre-surgery. I hope Bon Bon realizes that she still needs to keep up with her exercise routine and diet, or all this will be for nothing.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I kinda blame every Griffith girl for making Bonnie feel so bad about herself. When you are the only one in the family with a weight problem and your sisters are all thin it is brutal. Who knows what her issues are but weight issues are deep and I blame her sisters for fat shaming her. I don’t think Lopo is going to solve any of her issues and she is still going to have to work hard to make her body look better. She might have been better off get a belly band and losing the weight rather then lipo and then getting a tummy tuck. I hope this works for her. I do feel a bit sorry for her though that she couldn’t even tell her Mom about it. I would have killed my Mom if she had brought a peach cobbler over. That is plain sabotage. Almost like Bonnie needs to fulfill this sick role in her family and mama Griffiths is now threatened by her changing.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Her DR must not have been too bad if she didn’t even know it was there. JesssFam has it too but she claims she’s in constant pain (she could also be full of shit.) I just can’t believe Bonnie’s was bad enough that she needed to have it fixed with surgery but not bad enough for her to know it was there without a doctor pointing it out. As many said, apparently it can be fixed/improved with physical therapy if it’s not too bad.

I would like to see the before and after and I’d like to actual hear about the experience/recovery etc from an honest perspective.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Her mama did her dirty bringing that cobbler (and heavy cream?)

I think the arms were left in on purpose. It was a weird cut and then those two walk in. Or joel shook the hell out of her to get her hair so fluffy.

If she reads here.. Or if Katie is reading-tell bon bon
This is 2018. The world is full of people with great self esteem who dgaf. Out in the real world.. Or if you went to college -you would have met many women of all shapes 'sizes and from different walks of life. Noone should ever be that emotional talking about weight or health to "friends"
If you are waking up at the unhealthy dynamic in your blood family, bravo
You, joel, and God.. Great. Im glad we have it on record that you two make up your own minds. And still hide stuff from your parents, too

Brittney atwood is getting boobs
My 12 year old son came to me and was like.. Why??? LMAO kids these days have no fear asking anything
GL, bon bon fans with explaining fibrous fat and hernia and liposuction

Bollie Brand. #foreverybody

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I don't think people are understanding that the "doctor" she's referring to is probably not her local doctor, but the plastic surgeon she went to in LA. She probably went there for a consultation about getting the Mommy Makeover and that doctor was the one who told her about the hernia. I honestly don't think she consulted her personal GP in Utah about any of this. Why would she? I think she knew exactly what she wanted, made an appointment and flew to LA to get everything done.

The LA thing is really, really weird to me. There are plenty of plastic surgeons in Utah. Maybe a plastic surgeon offered her a deal? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they filmed all of it to release as some sort of series about her procedures? Bonnie is a massive attention whore, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what she's doing.

OT: I'd be so annoyed if my parents dropped by unannounced like that and just walked into my house. How freaking rude!
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think people are understanding that the "doctor" she's referring to is probably not her local doctor, but the plastic surgeon she went to in LA. She probably went there for a consultation about getting the Mommy Makeover and that doctor was the one who told her about the hernia. I honestly don't think she consulted her personal GP in Utah about any of this. Why would she? I think she knew exactly what she wanted, made an appointment and flew to LA to get everything done.

The LA thing is really, really weird to me. There are plenty of plastic surgeons in Utah. Maybe a plastic surgeon offered her a deal? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Maybe they filmed all of it to release as some sort of series about her procedures? Bonnie is a massive attention whore, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what she's doing.

OT: I'd be so annoyed if my parents dropped by unannounced like that and just walked into my house. How freaking rude!
And then she makes this sob story video to keep us (and probably her family and church community) from judging her ("I didn't want to do it! I tried! Heavenly Father and Joel gave me permission!") when the sponsored plastic surgery videos start coming out. Mommy makeovers may be common in Utah, but I think within the mormon community it's mostly something people don't talk about openly. A woman just disappears one weekend and comes back to church with a new set of knockers and no one says anything. It'll be interesting to see if your theory of a sponsored surgery series is true.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

rdt1004 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think people are understanding that the "doctor" she's referring to is probably not her local doctor, but the plastic surgeon she went to in LA. She probably went there for a consultation about getting the Mommy Makeover and that doctor was the one who told her about the hernia. I honestly don't think she consulted her personal GP in Utah about any of this. Why would she? I think she knew exactly what she wanted, made an appointment and flew to LA to get everything done.

And then she makes this sob story video to keep us (and probably her family and church community) from judging her ("I didn't want to do it! I tried! Heavenly Father and Joel gave me permission!") when the sponsored plastic surgery videos start coming out. Mommy makeovers may be common in Utah, but I think within the mormon community it's mostly something people don't talk about openly. A woman just disappears one weekend and comes back to church with a new set of knockers and no one says anything. It'll be interesting to see if your theory of a sponsored surgery series is true.
Haha maybe that tv show about the plastic surgeons in Newport Beach/la. That wouldn’t surprise me. I could see her doing that “you tube star gets mommy makeover”. That’s why she didn’t want to tell her parents and audience. Can’t talk about it in depth until show airs.

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Manitowoc123 wrote:ONe more thing - I just realized that she has bruises all up and down her arms. So she had full body lipo. Not just on her sides “to be proportionate”
She actually let's slip around 8:00 that the doctor did her arms too....

Why can't she just be open about the whole thing and tries to cover up things in lies?
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I don’t think she tried to hide that she got her arms done but she just kinda of ~whimsically~ mentioned it too after all the medically necessary crocodile tear God talk lmao like “silly me I just got my arms done too while I was at it so FUN!!” Like you literally can’t hide ARM WORK behind a hernia repair. I am very very very strongly assuming that just a few months from now she’ll be crying about how her body hasn’t stayed the same.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

gopedjane wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I don’t really want to watch the video because I can’t listen to her crocodile tears. Is there a significant difference in how her body looks? I hope she realises she will need to change her lifestyle and diet/exercise or she will just gain weight back. Lipo isn’t this magic thing that strips weight off forever.

She didn’t show any pictures or the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well that’s disappointing isn’t it. I don’t want to hear her sob story, I want to see the results.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

queenc13 wrote:Ok, fine. She hasn't been well, she's had a few procedures done. Now everyone in the comment section is like, "SEE! TOLD YOU TO JUST BE NICE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN SOMEONES LIFE!!" I call bullshit. This is NO excuse for the way she behaved last week. Perhaps it's an excuse for a break, a change in content, but it could have all been avoided had she just released something saying, "Hey, our family is going through a difficult time, so we're going to be releasing different content for awhile, and we'll be back with an explination shortly. Prayers appreciated."
INSTEAD she decided to be a raging bitch, lose tons of supporters, block people for expressing a less-than-praising opinion, and make a snarky ass video she should be embarrassed about. She lost my sympathy.
The irony of her last sentence in that lipo video is not lost: ''I hope that you show me respect the way that I hopefully show you guys respect.'' 'Hopefully' definitely and absolutely being the operative there word Bonnie. You expect your viewers to show you respect when last week you were treating them with contempt and displaying anything but respect. Sure Jan.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gopedjane wrote:
queenc13 wrote:
theyellow_daisy wrote:Did I not say a few pages back that there would be a "woe is me" post that would happen? Did I expect it to be this big, of course not, but did we not call it?!

I read an article once about the beauty standards and pressure on woman in Utah, and more specifically in the mormon culture to stay "beautiful" and youthful looking. After watching this video, it absolutely strikes me how true that is. Having surgery to fix your hernia is okay. She's probably not having more kids, fix that to help your body recover and feel better. Great, I have zero problem with that. What I do have a problem with, is having lipo, to have lipo, even after your doctor has told you 'your muscles are toned' and 'i can see you have been working out'. I had even seen comments on vlogs say, I can see the weightloss; so yes, I do think there was some weightless/toning happening.

YOU HAVE A LARGER BODY GIRL! That is what it is. Plus, if your doctor told you that you were never going to lose the weight, why not own it, tone it, and dress in ways that are flattering to your body and make you and only you feel good about yourself. Not "heavenly father" or Joel, but you.

I am not going to shame Bonnie for having it done. It's not my business nor is it my body. Am I disappointed, yeah I think so. Other people here have kind of called her the "black sheep" of the family only because she isn't small like her sisters. And that is totally and completely okay. I think I would have appreciated more honesty about the whole situation rather then a woe is me video, but "You do you Bon Bon" :roll: I think this was so Bonnie could "keep up with the jones" and fit in with her family better. She was tired of looking at pictures and videos next to her sisters, and decided to do something about it.

*After thought* Maybe Bonnie has some body image issues that she needs to work through. Maybe seeing a counselor or talking to someone would help her out.
While i agree with part of this, I have to disagree with other parts. Bonnie is not larger than her sisters naturally. She only got this way after Lincoln. She was extremely thin all throughout school and her first couple kids a few months after having the babies. I don't think this bigger frame is her "natural" body shape, and that's hard to come to terms with.
Do I think she should have gotten lipo instead of being dedicated to eating right? No. But it could be worse, I guess. She definitely needs to start seeing a therapist. She has some clear emotional issues she needs to work on.
I agree, she was smaller after she had Lincoln this isn't baby weight her lifestyle changed.
I too agree, she was slim post Lincoln so her weight gain is definitely related to a change in lifestyle and enjoying 'the good life.' When the money started to properly roll in from YouTube she could afford to eat out more than she has ever been able to in her life before and oh boy, did/does she eat out often. Couple that with having a regular daytime sitter whose been doing most of the (calorie burning) running around after her kids, then throw in the fact she's now the wrong side of thirty - none of it is rocket science, but this is one of the Griffith's we're talking about.

I'm not interested in her tears, you can't have your cake and eat it - no one or hardly anyone can. Well actually, it appears Bonnie IS trying to have her cake and eat it - shoving crap in one end of her body and thanks to more of that YouTube money, paying someone to pull it out the other end. Trisha Paytas anyone?<--Just joking. In all seriousness though, it'll be interesting to see if she doesn't change her eating habits whether she'll go for a second round, or more, further down the road (and if she'll tell her viewers). I don't buy the fact she's put on 10 pounds since working out - she even got that wrong - it started off at the beginning of the video being 10 pounds and later on it was suddenly 15 lol.

Question: When Bonnie was slimmer did she eat normally or was she restricting like her sister Ellie? People gain weight as they age obviously but I see quite a lot of weight gain in a short couple to three years max and we have witnessed a lot of what her diet and eating out entails in roughly the same time period, so there's definitely room for adjustment if she so desperately wants to change.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I guess we now know why there was just so many bizarre ''vlogs'' that contained only one scene.

I kind of regret commenting here on her trying to lose weight and then crying about it. Muscle separation a.k.a. Diastasis Recti is no joke guys. Working out might actually make it so much worse. To think that she didn't know that she had it, she probably didn't make sure to do correct exercises for that problem. (Here where I live in northern Europe, hospitals actually raise awareness about Diastasis Recti so that new mothers would know about it and exercise accordingly)

I felt that she was being genuine after a long time but when her parents showed up, it just turned out so weird. Like she kept vlogging and I kind of felt second-hand embarrassment even though they must be used to it already. It was just socially so awkward. Talking to camera and her parents at the same time when they interrupted her on kind of sensitive moment.

About her liposuction. I do not judge her. Good for her. I think the doctor totally sold it to her but that is not her fault. If an authority figure tells her something, she's not the type to look for second opinion (if the first pleases her) or start researching herself. Her not wanting to tell her mom was bit off. I guess, as somebody already stated here, her triangle is square and she still needs to listen to if mommy says no.

Comments here about her being thin for so long that being fat cannot be in her genes. I have a different opinion on that. She never gained weight so this trait would have never showed up before. Now that she has gained the weight, losing it, is problem due to the type of her adipose tissue.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kathpt wrote:wow that surgeon sounds like he's an arsehole.

edit: peach clobbler? ok
Bonnie's peach cobbler is Jason Nash and Trisha Paytas's chicken parma-gate, without the break up lol

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”