E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by littlebaby »

I gotta say it is really, really weird and dissonant to be watching this innocent happy 23 year old mom and then coming on here to see the current state of affairs about them lol. It’s just so.. confusing to see how they used to be. I still don’t know if I’m one of the ones that believes Ellie was “always” the way she is now and YouTube success just exacerbated it, or if she was actually a nicer, happier person in the beginning and was completely changed by YouTube. I might have a more developed opinion the more videos I watch. It’s hard to see the whole picture watching over several years so maybe watching all of them in a short time will open my eyes more.

(Sorry if no one cares about my rewatch lol but it is SO interesting)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Playsinrain wrote:"Working Mom Goes on Business Trip" oh my hell... Ellie, you don't even do "mom work" you arent a working mom. she is a slap to the face of real working mothers. Bitch rarely lifts a finger
I disagree. She lifts a finger to stuff her face with Oreos while laying in bed all day. It is a slap in the face to real working moms - those who work outside the house and those who stay at home. She's a bitch alright.
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

Tommy is just such a cutie

If just his mom........

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E&J: Tender Tommy and the Motherless siblings. Part #40

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Aurielle wrote:Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
I agree. The gender thing as a whole really rubs me the wrong way though. If you let your kids be who they are, and like whatever they want to, you’ll be surprised how unclear the gender divide is. My oldest son is more “girly” than my friend’s daughter is. The pink vs blue thing, is just something parents put on their child. There isn’t some genetic predisposition for males to like blue and females to prefer pink. All kids are different regardless of gender. Those that think “one of each” is going to be different due to the stereotypical gender “norms” are usually the ones more likely to push those expectations onto their children.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Aurielle wrote:Sometimes I really despise some religions for preaching that you should have so many children and society making it seem that having a girl and a boy = happy life. I know so many people with 3 boys who are super close in age rather wait a few years and hopefully you'll pop out a girl, seems like there is a better chance if you wait a bit. When you cannot and know you cannot mentally or financially deal with another child then dont have it for the sake of having a kid of the opposite gender.
I agree. The gender thing as a whole really rubs me the wrong way though. If you let your kids be who they are, and like whatever they want to, you’ll be surprised how unclear the gender divide is. My oldest son is more “girly” than my friend’s daughter is. The pink vs blue thing, is just something parents put on their child. There isn’t some genetic predisposition for males to like blue and females to prefer pink. All kids are different regardless of gender. Those that think “one of each” is going to be different due to the stereotypical gender “norms” are usually the ones more likely to push those expectations onto their children.

I have a different relationship with my daughter than with my son, but it's more about them being different people than their gender.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

littlebaby wrote:It’s a stretch to say she ignored him or didn’t know what 10+8 was because the camera cut and she started talking to “us.” I’m continually shocked at Ellie’s lack of education but even I am pretty confident that she knows what ten plus eight is lol. She was excited to see that Jackson knew 2+2 and 5+5 so I doubt she just changed the subject at 10+8. I don’t love defending her but the “good morning guys” after the camera cut could have even been a minute or two after the math talk. Cuts in videos don’t mean cuts in real life.

I took it more as it's hard to demonstrate adding 8+10 using just your fingers, and that's why she stopped their little math lesson. I guess it's possible she doesn't know the answer but that's pretty unlikely even for her lol.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

js215 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:It’s a stretch to say she ignored him or didn’t know what 10+8 was because the camera cut and she started talking to “us.” I’m continually shocked at Ellie’s lack of education but even I am pretty confident that she knows what ten plus eight is lol. She was excited to see that Jackson knew 2+2 and 5+5 so I doubt she just changed the subject at 10+8. I don’t love defending her but the “good morning guys” after the camera cut could have even been a minute or two after the math talk. Cuts in videos don’t mean cuts in real life.

I took it more as it's hard to demonstrate adding 8+10 using just your fingers, and that's why she stopped their little math lesson. I guess it's possible she doesn't know the answer but that's pretty unlikely even for her lol.
I agree with this. 18 would require a different approach so she changed the subject because she was driving and couldn’t quite try to explain the concept without a visual aid.
I am still not over the fact that they used the word iPhone on the title of the (previous) vlog to get more clicks. How pathetic.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Update on my rewatch (I ended up switching to watching one video a week instead of every single vlog up to Calvin’s pregnancy announcement) and now I’m in November 2014. At this point in time Ellie is on cloud nine. They just moved to their new apartment, Calvin’s on the way and the pregnancy is healthy, she’s VERY interactive with the viewers and seems very happy to vlog. There is a bit more confidence in her compared to when they first started vlogging. So far that’s the biggest difference I’ve noticed in her (which is the main reason I’m watching... to see where exactly she changed besides just generalizing it to “after Calvin”). She’s still just very happy but much more aware of the fact that thousands of people watch her and she loves it. She talks about being thankful for the viewers A LOT and still writes handwritten thank you notes to those that send them things. She’s also very proud that she’s getting the hang of vlogging and editing including with her own channel. Also, up to this point there had only been one or two sponsored posts. I thought that was significant to mention.

Really no differences in Jared to be honest. And Jackson gets cuter every vlog!

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I have a different relationship with my daughter than with my son, but it's more about them being different people than their gender.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It's funny because I have a daughter and a son. Everybody told me my daughter would be my best friend when she got older and my son would find a girl and I would hardly ever see him. It turned out to be the opposite. My daughter hardly ever calls never mind visits and my son is so caring and treats me so good. He stops by all the time to see if I need anything. So much for stereotyping.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

littlebaby wrote:Update on my rewatch (I ended up switching to watching one video a week instead of every single vlog up to Calvin’s pregnancy announcement) and now I’m in November 2014. At this point in time Ellie is on cloud nine. They just moved to their new apartment, Calvin’s on the way and the pregnancy is healthy, she’s VERY interactive with the viewers and seems very happy to vlog. There is a bit more confidence in her compared to when they first started vlogging. So far that’s the biggest difference I’ve noticed in her (which is the main reason I’m watching... to see where exactly she changed besides just generalizing it to “after Calvin”). She’s still just very happy but much more aware of the fact that thousands of people watch her and she loves it. She talks about being thankful for the viewers A LOT and still writes handwritten thank you notes to those that send them things. She’s also very proud that she’s getting the hang of vlogging and editing including with her own channel. Also, up to this point there had only been one or two sponsored posts. I thought that was significant to mention.

Super interesting to hear your perspective..please keep on sharing!

A thought...during the big demonization scandal, I’m pretty sure they deleted a ton of videos. I wonder how many of the infamous videos are still around. Aren’t all of Calvin’s breathing issue episodes gone? Is the Ellie Walmart incident still up? The one of her crying in the car about not being able to make it up the stairs? The one where Jared talks about the babysitter and Ellie corrects him to play date?

Do share if anything juicy pops up...I’m curious if they’ve scrubbed their old videos to paint a very happy, clean view of a picture perfect family.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Ellie looks like she copied Kate Gosselin’s old hairstyle and changed it up a bit so it isn’t the complete same lol

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Tiger27 wrote:
littlebaby wrote:Update on my rewatch (I ended up switching to watching one video a week instead of every single vlog up to Calvin’s pregnancy announcement) and now I’m in November 2014. At this point in time Ellie is on cloud nine. They just moved to their new apartment, Calvin’s on the way and the pregnancy is healthy, she’s VERY interactive with the viewers and seems very happy to vlog. There is a bit more confidence in her compared to when they first started vlogging. So far that’s the biggest difference I’ve noticed in her (which is the main reason I’m watching... to see where exactly she changed besides just generalizing it to “after Calvin”). She’s still just very happy but much more aware of the fact that thousands of people watch her and she loves it. She talks about being thankful for the viewers A LOT and still writes handwritten thank you notes to those that send them things. She’s also very proud that she’s getting the hang of vlogging and editing including with her own channel. Also, up to this point there had only been one or two sponsored posts. I thought that was significant to mention.

Super interesting to hear your perspective..please keep on sharing!

A thought...during the big demonization scandal, I’m pretty sure they deleted a ton of videos. I wonder how many of the infamous videos are still around. Aren’t all of Calvin’s breathing issue episodes gone? Is the Ellie Walmart incident still up? The one of her crying in the car about not being able to make it up the stairs? The one where Jared talks about the babysitter and Ellie corrects him to play date?

Do share if anything juicy pops up...I’m curious if they’ve scrubbed their old videos to paint a very happy, clean view of a picture perfect family.

Oh good I’m glad someone’s interested! Lol I’ll keep a list of moments/scenes people are interested in or just seeing if they’re still there like the ones you just listed. I’ll also probably go in detail about Ellie’s breastfeeding talks about Calvin because we all suspected that’s the main reason she cracked. I’m in between jobs right now and/or working from home a bit which is why I have so much free time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s really interesting seeing so much time pass in the vlogs so quickly. I’m really leaning toward the opinion that YouTube brought out the ugly in her and that it wasn’t necessarily buried in her all along, though I can see the argument for both sides. She definitely had mean spells back in the day but YouTube became a different beast.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Awesome, littlebaby...looking forward to it!

In other news...she can’t be serious. This is obviously great advice...but we are talking about a family infested with herpes who passes their babies around and kisses them on the lips 100 times over. How can she see this as an issue but be totally unphased by the cold sores? My assumption is she has the attitude, we all have it so the kids will probably just get it anyways. I fear she’s totally oblivious to how bad it can be in infants.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 9f2262.png[/img]

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Tiger27 wrote:Awesome, littlebaby...looking forward to it!

In other news...she can’t be serious. This is obviously great advice...but we are talking about a family infested with herpes who passes their babies around and kisses them on the lips 100 times over. How can she see this as an issue but be totally unphased by the cold sores? My assumption is she has the attitude, we all have it so the kids will probably just get it anyways. I fear she’s totally oblivious to how bad it can be in infants.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 9f2262.png

I came here to see if anyone saw her Instagram story. I'M BEYOND BAFFLED. I am speechless. I would have never expected that from her. Seriously.
In my opinion nobody, not even mother of a child should kiss the baby on the lips. Cheeks, forehead etc. are fine but kissing on lips should be just between lovers in my opinion. The kids in this family would have been spared from herpes (let's not even call it cold sores, since it makes it sound less serious than it is) if they would have not been kissed on the lips. Olivia said couple of vlogs ago to Bonnie that she thinks that she has cold sores, and Bonnie just refused to believe her. Her description of her sensation on her lips was quite accurate for someone with herpes... (I don't have it, my mom does. She was smart enough not to kiss me on lips or suck my pacifier to ''clean'' it when it dropped or share spoons etc.)
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Kataja wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:Awesome, littlebaby...looking forward to it!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 9f2262.png

I came here to see if anyone saw her Instagram story. I'M BEYOND BAFFLED. I am speechless. I would have never expected that from her. Seriously.
In my opinion nobody, not even mother of a child should kiss the baby on the lips. Cheeks, forehead etc. are fine but kissing on lips should be just between lovers in my opinion. The kids in this family would have been spared from herpes (let's not even call it cold sores, since it makes it sound less serious than it is) if they would have not been kissed on the lips. Olivia said couple of vlogs ago to Bonnie that she thinks that she has cold sores, and Bonnie just refused to believe her. Her description of her sensation on her lips was quite accurate for someone with herpes... (I don't have it, my mom does. She was smart enough not to kiss me on lips or suck my pacifier to ''clean'' it when it dropped or share spoons etc.)
Oh my god. Not to mention that anyone in her family can be carrying RSV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

I've had cold sores once in my life, I was 13. It spread all over my face it was really gross. My mom or dad didn't have it and my mom always blamed it on this other person. I don't know how people can do it especially knowing (they complain about it all the time) how ugly and sore they actually are. To give it to your kids isn't right.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Oh that’s a little detail I forgot to mention! Around the Thanksgiving 2014 videos (I don’t remember which specifically) she had a cold sore and specifically said “I can’t kiss you cause I have a cold sore” but still pretty much rubbed against his face enough that it didn’t really make a difference from kissing lol. Thought it was interesting. Now she pretty much sucks the saliva out of Tommy’s mouth.

Candy0704
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Candy0704 »

Why? Why do they let Calvin run all around the baby? First he's getting ready to lay down by him and his feet are so close to his head. Jared sticks his foot in between before he can kick him in the head. Then the end of the vlog he goes running and jumps over Tommy landing on the side of him. I would hate to see the baby get hurt or Calvin blamed for their incompetence.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Candy0704 wrote:Why? Why do they let Calvin run all around the baby? First he's getting ready to lay down by him and his feet are so close to his head. Jared sticks his foot in between before he can kick him in the head. Then the end of the vlog he goes running and jumps over Tommy landing on the side of him. I would hate to see the baby get hurt or Calvin blamed for their incompetence.
I don’t let my 3 year old behave like that around my cats and dogs for fear of hurting/scaring them!

They are careless idiots.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”