Name loves/loathes

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Name loves/loathes

Unread post by Yue195 »

Boy names are super hard, I only like one name, Kellin, and I hope to god whenever I get pregnant and it's a boy that the father will have a name that I like or he likes the name I like.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ItsJess »

Yue195 wrote:Boy names are super hard, I only like one name, Kellin, and I hope to god whenever I get pregnant and it's a boy that the father will have a name that I like or he likes the name I like.

My husband goes back and forth on what names he likes,sometimes I wish he just didn't care. Lol
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

I love Sophia (which I ended up naming my daughter), Stella, Payton, Jacob and Elijah
ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

My son's name is Adrian Laurence.
If I have another boy I like: Jairo, Louie, Khalil, Ethan, Elias and Ephraim.
If I have a girl I like: Nayeli, Julia, Luella, and Anaya.

My husband and his family speak Spanish as their first language, and our last name is a super common Mexican last name, so we try to pick names that work in both languages but aren't super common (but since naming my son I have already met 2 people with his first and last name haha). My husband really wanted our son's middle name to be Lorenzo, but I convinced him to do Laurence instead because of our last name.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

ItsJess wrote:My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Boy names are a little more difficult for some reason. I like Bennett Parker and Henry Asher.
Hanson fan by any chance?
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ItsJess »

actuallydear wrote:
ItsJess wrote:My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Boy names are a little more difficult for some reason. I like Bennett Parker and Henry Asher.
Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Name loves/loathes

Unread post by actuallydear »

ItsJess wrote:
actuallydear wrote:

Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol
Haha, that's funny then! Just had to ask because most of those names aren't very common.

Taylor Hanson has a son, River. Zac Hanson's wife is Kate, Isaac Hanson's son is named Monroe, and one of the Hanson sisters is Avery.
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ItsJess »

actuallydear wrote:

Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol[/quote]

Haha, that's funny then! Just had to ask because most of those names aren't very common.

Taylor Hanson has a son, River. Zac Hanson's wife is Kate, Isaac Hanson's son is named Monroe, and one of the Hanson sisters is Avery.[/quote]

Oh that's funny! I wanted names that are not to common but not so weird that people can pronounce or spell.
Gre
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gre »

My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Girl names I love: Amorette, Caprice, Hadassah, Isla, Larissa.

Boy names: Mateo, Cornelius (my Father's name is Cornel), Alaric, Titus, Caine.
Gre
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gre »

MamaJoAnna wrote:We have a J-name tradition on my side of the family, but I can't think of a girl J name that would mesh well with our last name (starts with an N sound but not the letter N, so no Jordan or Jillian or anything) to save my life. We do have a boy name (starting with a J) set in stone, but I think we may have to break tradition for the girls. Hubby likes names like "Amanda Elizabeth (our last name)" but I'm not fond of Amanda, and a friend took my favorite baby girl name (granted she didn't know it was my favorite lol...Olivia) so I feel like I can't use it now.

Granted, we won't be actually trying until June, but we're going the way of natural family planning now that we're married...which means for the next 10+ days, no sex. Damn being fertile and not wanting to be heavily pregnant in the summer LMAO
I think Jolanda is a very pretty name.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

I saw someone with name Naveigha.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Do people still read this thread? I just came across the name Halo for a girl- I'm neutral with it at the moment.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

I dont even know if i actually want kids at this point, but i do love reading about names & i have some on my mental "if i ever have a kid" list lol. Im not american and names are (partially) pretty different here so be prepared :D
Boy: Willem,Johan,Koen,Silas
Girl: Iva,Carlien,Erika,Ada,Willemijn,Fenna,Noa
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Kryptonite wrote:Loathe: Juniper.

WTF is that?
It's a name of a street in my old neighborhood.

I've always liked Carter Marie for a girl and kind of really dig Avi for a boy.

But I am hipster trash, so....
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think Maddox is hideous and I don't know why people love it so much
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I think Maddox is hideous and I don't know why people love it so much
Not a huge fan of that name however I do like the name Lennox.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Gre wrote:My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Love your name choices! Especially Alaric, reminds me of an old german name "Alarich", with a smooth ending though :) I once knew twin brothers named Alarich & Attila, absolutely love their names. Cornelius and Titus are very pretty too.

My favorite boy names: Kilian, Attila, Fabian, Adam.
My favorite girls names: Marie, Katharina, Ida, Valentina, Marie-Therese, Elisa, Eva-Marie, Josefine, Alma.

Very typical names in german, maybe a little old-fashioned but thats just what I like :) pretty classic.
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

phie20 wrote:
Gre wrote:My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Love your name choices! Especially Alaric, reminds me of an old german name "Alarich", with a smooth ending though :) I once knew twin brothers named Alarich & Attila, absolutely love their names. Cornelius and Titus are very pretty too.

My favorite boy names: Kilian, Attila, Fabian, Adam.
My favorite girls names: Marie, Katharina, Ida, Valentina, Marie-Therese, Elisa, Eva-Marie, Josefine, Alma.

Very typical names in german, maybe a little old-fashioned but thats just what I like :) pretty classic.
Glad to see my name's among your faves ;) :P
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

Is anyone still interested in talking about names? I know it's been a year since the last post, but I'm really into names atm so I wanted to know!

Here are some of my faves:

Girl: Rosemary, Eleanor, Penelope, Astoria, Matilda, Florence, Thea.
Boy: Benjamin, Theodore, Basil, Hugo, Jude, Rafael, Everett.
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebug8+ »

I really hate Jr names and common names that are misspelled.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”