Samika Part 3

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Disney has been inviting influencers to the parks lately. It's more likely that this deal came from Trending Families than Shay. The couple that owns Trending Families just did a similar trip to Disney World. Most ads for Disney don't show the prices so I wouldn't expect it from a vlogger. They certain didn't pretend that they were footing the bill for this trip so I don't think it's a big deal.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:How do they still get free trips to Disney??? I wonder if Shay feels guilty for firing them and hooks them up with the freebies. It was pretty obvious that Shay was behind Tyler and Haylie's Disney honeymoon trip. Disney is (IMO) too expensive for what it's worth—especially with their really little kids. This is obviously an AD, but maybe they should reveal the actual prices of things. They get them for FREE, but normal people don't. Just one day at Disney World for a family of five is about $1000 (just for tickets) and that doesn't even include food, hotel or car rental.
There is a common theme with most of your posts Ewok, that you are highly upset and offended by vloggers who do ads, get freebies or profit from vlogging or ad work in anyway. I just dont understand why it's such a bad thing that vloggers get paid or get perks for doing their job. Would you not jump at these opportunities if you were in their shoes? I know i sure would!

They deserve all the freebies they get!! Sam is excellent in his ad work and his hard work pays off. Good for them, and i highly doubt Shay had anything to do with this lol.. it was very clear in the video that they were part of an ad campaign for Halloween at Disney. The gift bags, the free food delivered to the room. that's not Shay, that's Disney (even if Shay has ties to disney.. i don't buy that at all) I also HIGHLY doubt Sam is going to take anything Shay offers him. Period. I know i wouldn't. No one in their right mind would take anything that would tie them to Shay these days, no one wants his dirty handouts. I also don't know how you would "know" that Haley and Tyler's honeymoon was funded by Shay.. maybe it was also an ad deal, like or hate Tyler, he does a fantastic job at what he does.
Seriously?! I get offered free stuff all the time, but because of ethics and disclosure rules, I don't take things for free in return for a GLOWING and FAKE review. It's totally dishonest! I just think they need 100% disclosure when they are getting something for free and in return they are doing an advertisement or a biased review.

I just get TIRED of the LIES! YT really is just a big advertisement these days...and almost all of them are lying about freebies and payouts for product integrations, etc.

Like I mentioned, I do get offered free stuff all the time because I'm a journalist, but I guess most people don't give a crap about being honest anymore. I only accept free stuff when I'm going to give an honest review and disclose it was free. Otherwise, I pay for things myself and do the review on my own terms.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
There is a common theme with most of your posts Ewok, that you are highly upset and offended by vloggers who do ads, get freebies or profit from vlogging or ad work in anyway. I just dont understand why it's such a bad thing that vloggers get paid or get perks for doing their job. Would you not jump at these opportunities if you were in their shoes? I know i sure would!

They deserve all the freebies they get!! Sam is excellent in his ad work and his hard work pays off. Good for them, and i highly doubt Shay had anything to do with this lol.. it was very clear in the video that they were part of an ad campaign for Halloween at Disney. The gift bags, the free food delivered to the room. that's not Shay, that's Disney (even if Shay has ties to disney.. i don't buy that at all) I also HIGHLY doubt Sam is going to take anything Shay offers him. Period. I know i wouldn't. No one in their right mind would take anything that would tie them to Shay these days, no one wants his dirty handouts. I also don't know how you would "know" that Haley and Tyler's honeymoon was funded by Shay.. maybe it was also an ad deal, like or hate Tyler, he does a fantastic job at what he does.
Seriously?! I get offered free stuff all the time, but because of ethics and disclosure rules, I don't take things for free in return for a GLOWING and FAKE review. It's totally dishonest! I just think they need 100% disclosure when they are getting something for free and in return they are doing an advertisement or a biased review.

I just get TIRED of the LIES! YT really is just a big advertisement these days...and almost all of them are lying about freebies and payouts for product integrations, etc.

Like I mentioned, I do get offered free stuff all the time because I'm a journalist, but I guess most people don't give a crap about being honest anymore. I only accept free stuff when I'm going to give an honest review and disclose it was free. Otherwise, I pay for things myself and do the review on my own terms.
But... they were upfront and said they got the trip for free. How do you know their review of disney was fake? You don't think they enjoyed themselves? They even said they would probably stay an extra day, not sure how that equals "we hate this place and only did it bc it was free"
The thing is, that's just how YT works now days. Everyone has seemed to struggle with the changes YT has made and its looking for other ways to supplement their paychecks. I get that YOU think doing reviews is unethical, or that people do it more often than YOU think is ok, but like i said, thats just how YT works now days.
there was nothing shady or dishonest about the Disney vlog. They said the trip was free, they did a review and room tour, and the kids AND the parents seemed to have a great time. I get that you hate Disney, but other people love it, and if i was handed free passes just to show my day, by all means i would take it. It's not like Disney is hiding it's pricing, or hiding that it's crowded. If you do 2 seconds of research on Disney you find these things out. (if you don't already know it going into it.) People are still going to go even if its expensive and crowded. You also complained that they are advertising to children... well of course they are. They don't advertise Barbies to grown women, so why would they do that with Disney? Kids aren't planning trips to Disney behind their parents backs.
I think the issue is that you need to concede to the fact that vloggers have to do brand deals to survive now days and it's not going to change. You might not like it, but you aren't paying them either... you aren't charged one cent to watch their free trip to Disney.
Sam and Jen seem very genuine in the products they advertise, and I'm proud that Sam is able to secure deals like this to benefit his family. He puts forth the effort.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: There is a common theme with most of your posts Ewok, that you are highly upset and offended by vloggers who do ads, get freebies or profit from vlogging or ad work in anyway. I just dont understand why it's such a bad thing that vloggers get paid or get perks for doing their job. Would you not jump at these opportunities if you were in their shoes? I know i sure would!

But... they were upfront and said they got the trip for free. How do you know their review of disney was fake? You don't think they enjoyed themselves? They even said they would probably stay an extra day, not sure how that equals "we hate this place and only did it bc it was free"
The thing is, that's just how YT works now days. Everyone has seemed to struggle with the changes YT has made and its looking for other ways to supplement their paychecks. I get that YOU think doing reviews is unethical, or that people do it more often than YOU think is ok, but like i said, thats just how YT works now days.
there was nothing shady or dishonest about the Disney vlog. They said the trip was free, they did a review and room tour, and the kids AND the parents seemed to have a great time. I get that you hate Disney, but other people love it, and if i was handed free passes just to show my day, by all means i would take it. It's not like Disney is hiding it's pricing, or hiding that it's crowded. If you do 2 seconds of research on Disney you find these things out. (if you don't already know it going into it.) People are still going to go even if its expensive and crowded. You also complained that they are advertising to children... well of course they are. They don't advertise Barbies to grown women, so why would they do that with Disney? Kids aren't planning trips to Disney behind their parents backs.
I think the issue is that you need to concede to the fact that vloggers have to do brand deals to survive now days and it's not going to change. You might not like it, but you aren't paying them either... you aren't charged one cent to watch their free trip to Disney.
Sam and Jen seem very genuine in the products they advertise, and I'm proud that Sam is able to secure deals like this to benefit his family. He puts forth the effort.
I agree. Why are we doubting that someone enjoyed a free Disney trip? I pay THOUSANDS every year and travel to the US to go to Disneyland, or Hawaii’s Aulani. I don’t get what the problem is in this particular situation. What is there to be so irritated by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

I agree. Why are we doubting that someone enjoyed a free Disney trip? I pay THOUSANDS every year and travel to the US to go to Disneyland, or Hawaii’s Aulani. I don’t get what the problem is in this particular situation. What is there to be so irritated by?

Bc they got it for free????? I don't get it either... I mean i get that some people have issues with Disney in general, but why get ill that someone who seemed to have a blast got a free trip there? Just don't watch, and don't spend your money on Disney, just bc they advertise it does not mean you have to buy it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's just that it happens SOOOOOOOOO often now, and it's not just Samika. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not angry about it...I just think it's becoming a trend of fakeness and LIES. If you really pay attention, there are lots of YTers who let things slip about being dishonest.

Yes, this is their "job," so I guess they have to do what they have to do. I don't have to agree with it!

People seem to give Samika a pass, but they are just a guilty as all the other family vloggers who exploit their children for their sole income. I think Sam's sister was smart to get off YT and delete their vlogs.
NellieNovember
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NellieNovember »

ewokfan11 wrote:It's just that it happens SOOOOOOOOO often now, and it's not just Samika. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not angry about it...I just think it's becoming a trend of fakeness and LIES. If you really pay attention, there are lots of YTers who let things slip about being dishonest.

Yes, this is their "job," so I guess they have to do what they have to do. I don't have to agree with it!

People seem to give Samika a pass, but they are just a guilty as all the other family vloggers who exploit their children for their sole income. I think Sam's sister was smart to get off YT and delete their vlogs.

But what would you do with your time if you didn’t have vloggers to pick apart and snark on? *eye roll* Get over it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

NellieNovember wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:It's just that it happens SOOOOOOOOO often now, and it's not just Samika. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not angry about it...I just think it's becoming a trend of fakeness and LIES. If you really pay attention, there are lots of YTers who let things slip about being dishonest.

But what would you do with your time if you didn’t have vloggers to pick apart and snark on? *eye roll* Get over it.
Part of my JOB is covering new media—including YT. A lot of people come to these forums to get the real information about YT. Most YTers are now "correcting" their comment sections to make their videos looks LOVED. If I want real info, these are the places to come.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

This is the last I'll mention this, but I've been discovering newer vloggers who are 100% transparent about ads, costs, brand deals, etc. Especially newer travel vloggers who share ALL their costs and expenses and deals. Their content is more appealing than just a random AD with no mention of costs/expenses. Rooms at the Grand Californian are like $500 a night. Disney tickets for a family of 5 for one day are almost $1000 (depending on age). Food and merch also add up. And that's not even including flights and car rental, if needed.

I see why they want to HIDE those facts, but they should be more honest about what people can really expect to pay for a trip to Disney. That's what people really want to know.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

NellieNovember wrote:

MODERATOR POST

Reminder to keep things respectful to others please. If you have issue with a poster you can PM them or take it to the boxing ring. Thanks.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's obvious they are pre-approving their comments now. They are really struggling in views, so I'm guessing they don't want any comments that aren't raving about their channel.

Today's Disney #AD was almost 20 minutes long. Ridiculous. Working with PR people comes with their job, but blatantly selling out is just desperate.

They are using their kids for their income. They might not be monsters like Bonnie Hoellein, but they are still just as guilty of exploiting their kids so they can sit around and do nothing most of the time—unless it's a freebie vacation!
galaxy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galaxy »

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I love Disney. And I understand that it’s expensive, but there’s also TONS of advice online about saving and cutting costs. It’s not like they went to the moon—hundreds of thousands of families go to Disney every year and yes, even stay in that hotel. And Sam did mention a couple times that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. So he’s not trying to convince the audience that this is a typical vacation.
I haven’t watched their vlogs in a while, but you bet I watched the Disney ones. I fully buy into the magic of Disney and I think they do such a great job capturing that, so it makes sense Disney would work with them. I love seeing them get these opportunities and seeing the joy they all have being at Disney.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:It's obvious they are pre-approving their comments now. They are really struggling in views, so I'm guessing they don't want any comments that aren't raving about their channel.

Today's Disney #AD was almost 20 minutes long. Ridiculous. Working with PR people comes with their job, but blatantly selling out is just desperate.

They are using their kids for their income. They might not be monsters like Bonnie Hoellein, but they are still just as guilty of exploiting their kids so they can sit around and do nothing most of the time—unless it's a freebie vacation!
So they are "sell outs" bc they got a free vacation in return a review? Nah.. they are just putting food on their table. they have made it CLEAR this is an Ad, and we ALL understand you have a deep seated hatred of Disney, but really I do not see what they are doing that is so wrong. They aren't being shady about it at all!!

How is it so obvious that they are moderating comments? Do you have some sort of plug in that tells you? Or do you just assume this bc you don't see people ranting like you? Ever think that maybe people don't care that they are enjoying a free vacation?

You can say the same thing for every vlogger across the board. They are ALL doing the same thing, using the kids for views. Thats the thing with family vloggers. You might not agree with it, and it might not be right, but you cant sit here and act like Sam and Jen are the only ones doing it.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have really enjoyed the Disney vlogs!! Sam is doing a great job at showing the Halloween exclusives and i'm so glad the kids are having such a good time. PJ and her little autograph book was so cute!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:It's obvious they are pre-approving their comments now. They are really struggling in views, so I'm guessing they don't want any comments that aren't raving about their channel.

So they are "sell outs" bc they got a free vacation in return a review? Nah.. they are just putting food on their table. they have made it CLEAR this is an Ad, and we ALL understand you have a deep seated hatred of Disney, but really I do not see what they are doing that is so wrong. They aren't being shady about it at all!!

How is it so obvious that they are moderating comments? Do you have some sort of plug in that tells you? Or do you just assume this bc you don't see people ranting like you? Ever think that maybe people don't care that they are enjoying a free vacation?

You can say the same thing for every vlogger across the board. They are ALL doing the same thing, using the kids for views. Thats the thing with family vloggers. You might not agree with it, and it might not be right, but you cant sit here and act like Sam and Jen are the only ones doing it.
To be fair, she does say it about every vlogger across the board. It gets annoying. We know some of them are shady af, but some are just working. You may hate the job, but at least they put out a quality product.

I love Disney too, and with the exception of DB, I usually enjoy the Disney-vloggger content.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 561793.png[/img]

Jenn’s twin!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They even said to the kids how lucky they are to be able to do the trip, unlike so many vloggers who act like they're entitled to all the special treatment just for existing.

One total nitpick: they are NOT "macaroons". They're macarons. Macaroons are fluffy cookies made with coconut (usually) and egg whites. Macarons are made with egg whites too, but they're not meringues. I know it's nitpicking, but it's a pet peeve.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-dif ... oons-63982

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Daehan is so cute with the kids. He is going to spoil them rotten and i love it lol!
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

lmmomSD wrote: One total nitpick: they are NOT "macaroons". They're macarons. Macaroons are fluffy cookies made with coconut (usually) and egg whites. Macarons are made with egg whites too, but they're not meringues. I know it's nitpicking, but it's a pet peeve.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-dif ... oons-63982

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was correcting them in my head the whole time. Glad I’m not the only one.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I love Jenn's love for Halloween decorations!! I decorate for Halloween like Christmas and i love seeing other people's decorations too.
I hate the Cubs didn't advance this year, i would have really loved to see them go further (and the flashbacks to the Cubs win in the vlog made me a little misty eyed, I just love baseball so much and i loved their emotions about the big win BUT .... GO BRAVES!!!!!!! LOL

Return to “Q-Z”