Bollie Brand

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Seems like way less inventory was ordered on the newer items!

What the hell are they going to do with 100s of phone cases when this business goes under? Start offering them for a dollar to recoup their losses? Their local DI will have racks of their clothes in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverrain
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by silverrain »

Do they not understand how businesses work? I can't imagine how much money they are losing on this. They should just shut it down and cut their losses.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

Am I reading that right? they literally have ten thousand of each size of the robe in inventory? Or is that just a limit they set on their site.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

I wouldn’t buy anything. I’m not a robe person. I don’t exercise enough to justify the “workout” clothes (as if you could realistically use that bra). I can buy dresses for >$20 on Amazon that I like better. The second dress looks like a hotel maid uniform. I don’t have countertop space for that case. Not interested in a phone case.

So yeah, Bollie doesn’t work for me even if it was cheaper. Lol
hellomydolly wrote:Am I reading that right? they literally have ten thousand of each size of the robe in inventory? Or is that just a limit they set on their site.

I think that’s the number the person put in to find the actual number of inventory.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

hellomydolly wrote:Am I reading that right? they literally have ten thousand of each size of the robe in inventory? Or is that just a limit they set on their site.

The number on the right is the number in inventory, the 1000 is just the number that was used to get the actual inventory number. Image

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

And here's an update around 8.5 hours later. I can't believe how many people are actually buying this crap!

(Edit: the pictures got switched, start with the bottom one!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RootBeerFloatie on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Well that doesn't seem so bad I'm sure they can sell 8 robes in each size.

hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Oh I now realise 8 is just the first digit of a multi digit number. Sorry the tapatalk app wasn't showing me the whole image.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Jared posted on Instagram last night that they were almost out of the medium gray robe. Looking at the numbers from yesterday, he was kind of truthful there-it's the one with the lowest number. Could someone do another sample again and see what the numbers are now?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sheltiefan wrote:Jared posted on Instagram last night that they were almost out of the medium gray robe. Looking at the numbers from yesterday, he was kind of truthful there-it's the one with the lowest number. Could someone do another sample again and see what the numbers are now?
I’m skeptical. We know they read here, and therefor know we check the numbers. I wouldn’t at all be shocked if they “restock” right away meaning that they tweaked the numbers to appear more successful.

lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201810 ... f22222.png[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201810 ... fe5e63.png[/img]

Whites not doing too good.

hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

That's weird I would personally prefer white.

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Popped over to the Bollie site to see the new listing. Who wrote their copy?? Here's a small bit:

Our new and improved version of this one-of-a-kind robe is slightly longer for the colder months and we want you to feel warm and cozy! Don't you worry your little head, we kept our signature elbow-length sleeve that everyone has raved about!

This is super off-putting. They could have wrote "Don't worry, we..." but the way it is written is so condescending to me. They really have no business sense at all.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

minmouse wrote:Popped over to the Bollie site to see the new listing. Who wrote their copy?? Here's a small bit:

Our new and improved version of this one-of-a-kind robe is slightly longer for the colder months and we want you to feel warm and cozy! Don't you worry your little head, we kept our signature elbow-length sleeve that everyone has raved about!

This is super off-putting. They could have wrote "Don't worry, we..." but the way it is written is so condescending to me. They really have no business sense at all.
It sounds like a man wrote it. (kinda chauvinistic tone in it...) Maybe Jared since I think he is behind the web pages editing them etc. I agree, It sounds super condescending. Like talking to the mindless chickens...
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Bollie Brand

Unread post by YTIUH »

Oh, such a colorful and useful expression!!! I am gonna say “don’t you worry your little head” when talking about our cash flow projections to my boss who is a CFO with a JD and an MBA.
lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

Kataja wrote:
minmouse wrote:Popped over to the Bollie site to see the new listing. Who wrote their copy?? Here's a small bit:

It sounds like a man wrote it. (kinda chauvinistic tone in it...) Maybe Jared since I think he is behind the web pages editing them etc. I agree, It sounds super condescending. Like talking to the mindless chickens...

I thought the same when I read it. I surprised they didn’t say how “soft and tender” the robes are. Lol

If I bought one. I’d buy the white. I wouldn’t pay more than 15 bucks at the most though. Like I’ve said before I paid $3.50 for mine. It’s not that I don’t have the money. I could buy a $60 robe I just have different priorities. I hate the mindset that just because something is expensive that it’s somehow better quality. And I believe this is the way Ellie and Bonnie think. Sure some things are but most are not. You’re just buying the name. I could care less what brands people see me wear. I’d rather have some money in the bank and be happy with myself rather than worry about projecting some kind of image.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

lwilson1081 wrote:
Kataja wrote:

I thought the same when I read it. I surprised they didn’t say how “soft and tender” the robes are. Lol

If I bought one. I’d buy the white. I wouldn’t pay more than 15 bucks at the most though. Like I’ve said before I paid $3.50 for mine. It’s not that I don’t have the money. I could buy a $60 robe I just have different priorities. I hate the mindset that just because something is expensive that it’s somehow better quality. And I believe this is the way Ellie and Bonnie think. Sure some things are but most are not. You’re just buying the name. I could care less what brands people see me wear. I’d rather have some money in the bank and be happy with myself rather than worry about projecting some kind of image.

Yup, and, I'm sorry, but if they printed their books in China are they getting their clothes made in China? Because, I've bought quite a few items that were and more often than not they're not the best quality. I wouldn't put it past them to be buying cheap and upselling like crazy

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Who would want short sleeves on a robe?! Only if I'm wearing it while cooking, otherwise those sleeves are to keep me warm.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

twomommies wrote:Who would want short sleeves on a robe?! Only if I'm wearing it while cooking, otherwise those sleeves are to keep me warm.

Ellie and Bonnie live in their robes so the sleeves were designed to fit their lifestyle
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIUH wrote:
twomommies wrote:Who would want short sleeves on a robe?! Only if I'm wearing it while cooking, otherwise those sleeves are to keep me warm.

Ellie and Bonnie live in their robes so the sleeves were designed to fit their lifestyle
Yep. I get dressed when I get up, or put on sweats. I wear a robe for a few minutes when I get out of the shower. So I like terry cloth robes. I don't understand the "we have shorter sleeves so you can do dishes" idea. I don't think I have ever done the dishes in my robe.
And one of a kind? I don't think so.
Yes, the clothes are sourced from China. But don't ask on their IG about it, or you will be blocked. They obviously never heard that the customer is always right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”