lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie Hoellien: Surgery Bills & High On Pills | Part 18

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bundy wrote:Can this woman spell anything right?? “Omlets” Image

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201810 ... b29fe7.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG, those nails! Those are not a housewife's nails, lol. You can't do chores with nails that long.
Is it just me or do they get longer and longer all the time?
And speaking of dumb, did you see the responses to her rant about haters not understanding body positivity? Bunch of ass kissers! They must be deleting on overtime!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

lmmomSD wrote:
Bundy wrote:Can this woman spell anything right?? “Omlets” [emoji23

OMG, those nails! Those are not a housewife's nails, lol. You can't do chores with nails that long.
And speaking of dumb, did you see the responses to her rant about haters not understanding body positivity? Bunch of ass kissers! They must be deleting on overtime!

Of course Bonnie can have non-housewife nails..... she literally does nothing a normal housewife would have to do!
- doesn’t cook
-doesn’t clean
- doesn’t teach her kids how to weed the garden
- I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even wipe her own ass anymore (that’s one of Joel’s jobs now).

I wonder how much longer before Bonnie’s channel falls the way that E and J is tumbling. Those views are taking.
lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Bundy wrote:Can this woman spell anything right?? “Omlets” [emoji23

Of course Bonnie can have non-housewife nails..... she literally does nothing a normal housewife would have to do!
- doesn’t cook
-doesn’t clean
- doesn’t teach her kids how to weed the garden
- I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even wipe her own ass anymore (that’s one of Joel’s jobs now).

I wonder how much longer before Bonnie’s channel falls the way that E and J is tumbling. Those views are taking.

I wonder if Joel will start thinking Bree is better than Bonnie. You know, start seeing all the qualities of a good housewife and mother in Bree. You think he could start resenting Bonnie and fall for Bree??? Not saying Bree would jump at the chance to be with Joel. But she might eventually. I’m sure she loves the kids. Bon Bon better watch out and step up.

chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

So I haven’t had time to watch much this past week. Is she still on the high doses of pain medicine after her little foray to Beverly Hills?

I saw people talking about heart surgery above which made me think... my husband had minimally invasive heart bypass surgery (heart attack at 30 while playing soccer despite being in shape... genetics suck) a few years ago. It’s less painful than open heart surgery but still incredibly painful since they mess with everything. They weaned him off IV medicine so quickly. He was released a few days later with a low dose of Percocet, only 20. His dad picked him up because I couldn’t get out of work and I had to pick up my stepdaughter afterwards so I wasn’t there to question why he got such a small amount when he was still in so much pain and had to page someone. But they said it was standard. They wanted him off narcotics ASAP. It was crazy to me and he hurt so badly. I was so upset. But he never complained. And I’ll tell you, the only time he seemed high was immediately after waking up from surgery. When he randomly told the nurse that he brings the class and I bring the ass. But never other than that.

I know it’s different. But Bonnie needs to chill. And this body positivity crap is just... wow. Neither of them are. She’s been obsessed with every aspect of her body her whole life and not in a positive way. Maybe around their Hawaii trip, I’d buy it. She had said stuff about embracing herself and seemed to have more confidence. But now? No way. It’s just so sad. I would never feel comfortable with my nine year old stepdaughter watching their videos now and I mean, that’s disappointing cause I honestly used to LOVE them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by polly9033 »

I'm not giving Ruby from 8 Passengers the "mother of the year" award, but going back to some of the earlier posts when we were talking about her...Ruby has done a good job capturing and keeping her audience on YouTube, and that is why her viewership remains relatively high.

Today's 8 Passenger's video, Ruby took her youngest, Eve, to the hair salon with her and before going to the appt., she said, "I haven't been to the salon in 6 months." I believe her, and I can relate to her. I cannot relate to Bonnie who thinks she's so special she needs a full-time nanny to watch her children, clean her toilet, do her dishes, and even go through bills (did I hear that correctly in a video this week???), yikes!!! Bonnie is up for the title of Queen Entitlement or Queen Lazy!

I like that Ruby got rid of those hideous lashes, she doesn't cake on too much makeup (though the lipstick can be tamed down at times), and overall I can watch Ruby and 8 Passengers without feeling like she's some conceited, self-absorbed, famous wannabe like I feel comes out of Bonnie or Ellie, or some of these other fake egomaniacs.

I find Ruby to be more real, and not only do the mothers relate, but I think the young audience looks as her like a fun type of mother figure. I don't like that she prioritizes the camera over her children's privacy at times, but all said....my point being that Ruby understands her audience and what they want. That's why she's sweeping far ahead of Bonnie and E & J.

I'm not so sure if Bonnie can ever make a comeback after her recent stunts. I don't think I can find myself watching her channel again, but I'll keep reading here ;)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I work at a gas station to make some extra money.
A couple of days ago a customer came to my window and said I needed to call 911 because someone was passed out in his car with the engine running at one of the pumps I can't see well from the register. He had a spoon and needle sitting right next to him. Thank God he was breathing, but he didn't wake up until the sirens from the paramedics got really loud. And he left in the back of a cop car. As much as I dislike Bonnie these days, I don't want something like this to happen to her. I am sure she would scoff and say "But my medicine is prescribed!" Yep. That's how a lot of heroin addicts start...

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

polly9033 wrote:I'm not giving Ruby from 8 Passengers the "mother of the year" award, but going back to some of the earlier posts when we were talking about her...Ruby has done a good job capturing and keeping her audience on YouTube, and that is why her viewership remains relatively high.

Today's 8 Passenger's video, Ruby took her youngest, Eve, to the hair salon with her and before going to the appt., she said, "I haven't been to the salon in 6 months." I believe her, and I can relate to her. I cannot relate to Bonnie who thinks she's so special she needs a full-time nanny to watch her children, clean her toilet, do her dishes, and even go through bills (did I hear that correctly in a video this week???), yikes!!! Bonnie is up for the title of Queen Entitlement or Queen Lazy!

I like that Ruby got rid of those hideous lashes, she doesn't cake on too much makeup (though the lipstick can be tamed down at times), and overall I can watch Ruby and 8 Passengers without feeling like she's some conceited, self-absorbed, famous wannabe like I feel comes out of Bonnie or Ellie, or some of these other fake egomaniacs.

I find Ruby to be more real, and not only do the mothers relate, but I think the young audience looks as her like a fun type of mother figure. I don't like that she prioritizes the camera over her children's privacy at times, but all said....my point being that Ruby understands her audience and what they want. That's why she's sweeping far ahead of Bonnie and E & J.

I'm not so sure if Bonnie can ever make a comeback after her recent stunts. I don't think I can find myself watching her channel again, but I'll keep reading here ;)
I agree. Although Ruby is ditzy, she does appear to be authentic. She clearly puts her children first unlike Ellie and Bonnie. I don't know a lot about Julie. I admire how hard she works and how she does it practically all by herself. Her kids are in a lot of sports which is hard on the parents. I like her videos (most of the time) and enjoy watching her kids. Yeah, she could discipline better but she does have 6 kids so...
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

ba1006 wrote:If anyone could use an "assistant" it would be Ruby. She films and edits herself. She has a husband who works full time and travels often. I don't see a housekeeper or nanny in sight. Bonnie just wants to take 4 hour naps and get her nails done. She should take after her oldest sister. She is a horrible role model.
Ruby films 15 min. of her entire day and uses it for a 2 day vlog. She sleeps in, doesn't drive her kids to school, has the older children watching the younger children, can't be bothered to keep an eye on Eve while out in public and 9 times out of 10 loses track of her, can't cook meals anymore or pack lunches and naps throughout the day. can't show up to the right doctor/dentist on the correct day at the correct time or even the correct office location for that matter. She forgets to pick up her kids half the time, she misses half their activities and spends the other half filming and not paying attention to them. She doesn't make them wear seat belts in the van, and pulls them out of school for vacations all the time. I wouldn't call her a role model to anyone. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think saying Ruby puts her kids first is a HUGE stretch. She doesn't even get up to drive them to school. They have to "throw up twice" before she will pick them up. She films them in humiliating situations even when they ask her not to film them. The middle kids are so behind on vaccinations that they almost got kicked out of school. She loses her youngest in department stores on a regular basis and happily films it rather than being upset and worried for her daughter. She pretends that her older kids who "can't date until they're sixteen" have boyfriends and girlfriends for views.

She's more savvy than her sisters. She's not really a better parent. She knows her audience.Even though she has them in a private school, it doesn't seem to be because she cares about their education.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:
ba1006 wrote:If anyone could use an "assistant" it would be Ruby. She films and edits herself. She has a husband who works full time and travels often. I don't see a housekeeper or nanny in sight. Bonnie just wants to take 4 hour naps and get her nails done. She should take after her oldest sister. She is a horrible role model.
Ruby films 15 min. of her entire day and uses it for a 2 day vlog. She sleeps in, doesn't drive her kids to school, has the older children watching the younger children, can't be bothered to keep an eye on Eve while out in public and 9 times out of 10 loses track of her, can't cook meals anymore or pack lunches and naps throughout the day. can't show up to the right doctor/dentist on the correct day at the correct time or even the correct office location for that matter. She forgets to pick up her kids half the time, she misses half their activities and spends the other half filming and not paying attention to them. She doesn't make them wear seat belts in the van, and pulls them out of school for vacations all the time. I wouldn't call her a role model to anyone. lol
You and I must have been typing at the same time!!

kiwi
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiwi »

The difference with Bonnie is that we have seen her change the most over the years, and it’s upsetting to watch. I used to love her! Then you add on the fact that she had lipo and is strung out on pain meds. Ruby is no better, Ellie is no better. Better @ hiding the crazy, maybe, but the crazy does come out.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

kiwi wrote:The difference with Bonnie is that we have seen her change the most over the years, and it’s upsetting to watch. I used to love her! Then you add on the fact that she had lipo and is strung out on pain meds. Ruby is no better, Ellie is no better. Better @ hiding the crazy, maybe, but the crazy does come out.
Exactly. They all suck.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

When Bonnie went to Hawaii she was talking about loving her figure. Hindsight is 20/20. I think she would say I love my body and then eat whatever she wanted. It seemed her thinking was because I embrace my body I don’t have to watch what I eat. That lifestyle quickly caught up with her. I am a curvy woman, but if I did not exercise daily I would be in the same boat as Bonnie. She may have had an easy time getting pregnant, but I don’t think she understands any more than Ellie for on how the human body works. I don’t know how accurate the article I uploaded about four different types of body fat is, but I feel Bonnie is so ill informed and she only listens to half of what doctors say.
https://www.newbeauty.com/hottopic/blog ... es-of-fat/

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

[quote="Ducklings4"]When Bonnie went to Hawaii she was talking about loving her figure. Hindsight is 20/20. I think she would say I love my body and then eat whatever she wanted. It seemed her thinking was because I embrace my body I don’t have to watch what I eat. That lifestyle quickly caught up with her. I am a curvy woman, but if I did not exercise daily I would be in the same boat as Bonnie. She may have had an easy time getting pregnant, but I don’t think she understands any more than Ellie for on how the human body works. I don’t know how accurate the article I uploaded about four different types of body fat is, but I feel Bonnie is so ill informed and she only listens to half of what doctors say.
https://www.newbeauty.com/hottopic/blog ... es-of-fat/

I use Dr Google so obviously I know everything. Haha pleas know I never think I am an expert on anything

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

ba1006 wrote:
polly9033 wrote:I'm not giving Ruby from 8 Passengers the "mother of the year" award, but going back to some of the earlier posts when we were talking about her...Ruby has done a good job capturing and keeping her audience on YouTube, and that is why her viewership remains relatively high.

I agree. Although Ruby is ditzy, she does appear to be authentic. She clearly puts her children first unlike Ellie and Bonnie. I don't know a lot about Julie. I admire how hard she works and how she does it practically all by herself. Her kids are in a lot of sports which is hard on the parents. I like her videos (most of the time) and enjoy watching her kids. Yeah, she could discipline better but she does have 6 kids so...
I agree as well. I don't really like the 8passengers vlogs anymore, because they are way to scripted for me. The way Ruby talks and laughs to the camera and her facial expressions are over the top, also the way how she often times scripts where her children have to stand or what they have to say (for example in the backyard reveal). I recently watched an old vlog from about three years ago, when Ruby talked and acted completely natural in front of the camera. And I don't like that Ruby, as well as most of the other Griffiths, doesn't seem to take education seriously.
But compared to Bonnie and Ellie, Ruby is a lot more down to earth. They don't go out to eat all the time, they decided to keep their house, although it is pretty small with six kids. She is not running to the hair dresser and nail salon constantly and her kids are going to school and basically all of them play a sport and an instrument and walk/take the bike/take the bus to friend's houses. She also seems to clean her house by herself. I don't really mind her having someone else taking the kids to school. She still has Eve at home and at the beginning of the school year she had to wake up Eve, put her in the car with something to eat and have her drive around for an hour. If she can afford someone to take the kids, so she can stay home with Eve, why not? We'll see how it'll go next year when all six of the kids will be going to school.
Also, Ruby doesn't delete every critical comment, doesn't call everyone who doesn't agree with her an "hater" and sometimes actually responds to criticism, which is a very smart thing to do and makes her a lot more likable then Bonnie and Ellie.
Of course Ruby lives in the same Mormon Utah bubble as the other Griffiths, but she has by far the most professional approach to the whole YT-thing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellien: Surgery Bills & High On Pills | Part 18

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think people are severely lowering their standards if a better mom is one that doesn’t go get her hair and nails done.

Let’s be real here, Bonnie probably has to get her hair done monthly because it’s turning grey. I eat my hair done once a month, but I’m home with my kids A LOT. Her nails are every 2-3 weeks and her lashes are every few weeks as well. It’s shallow for sure, which has become and overall problem with her, and comes out of the limited time she allots to the kids, but that alone is not the problem.

Let’s be real for a second, there is nothing wrong with a mom taking time to look after herself. Ruby can be a mess at times, but she has never put effort into her looks. She is every bit as much a Griffiths as her sisters at heart, and fails to put the kids first like she should. And can we mention her posting pics of her pre-teen son’s obviously erect junk through his pants? How well did she respond to that feedback? She’s just as bad as Ellie and Bonnie. The hair and nails are something to side eye because she ain’t giving attention otherwise. Know what though, Ellie and Ruby aren’t either.

If we are going to give extra credit to someone, how about Emily and Beau? She seems to have it together, cares for her kids and manages to do so while maintaining a respectful partnership with her husband. Plus she seems to have set boundaries with the Griffiths.

polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:
Like I said, Ruby isn't "mother of the year" but Ruby is the one finding damn good success on YouTube at this time. She's producing content that the audience enjoys! She's rolling in the views double, triple and more than her siblings. She's doing something right!

Bonnie, on the other hand, was steady in viewership, and currently tanking along with E & J.

What I dislike most about Bonnie is the poor and unhealthy role model she's being to the young people online who watch her videos. If I had a teen/tween, I wouldn't dare have them watching Bonnie.
I can't even watch her anymore. But for the young online audience watching 8 Passengers -- I might even say these young viewers like Ruby more than Ruby's own children like her. Ruby has nabbed a pretty clever online persona for herself, and I know it's not who she really is. It's all for YouTube. But nobody can argue the fact that it's working for her!
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think people are severely lowering their standards if a better mom is one that doesn’t go get her hair and nails done.

Let’s be real here, Bonnie probably has to get her hair done monthly because it’s turning grey. I eat my hair done once a month, but I’m home with my kids A LOT. Her nails are every 2-3 weeks and her lashes are every few weeks as well. It’s shallow for sure, which has become and overall problem with her, and comes out of the limited time she allots to the kids, but that alone is not the problem.

Let’s be real for a second, there is nothing wrong with a mom taking time to look after herself. Ruby can be a mess at times, but she has never put effort into her looks. She is every bit as much a Griffiths as her sisters at heart, and fails to put the kids first like she should. And can we mention her posting pics of her pre-teen son’s obviously erect junk through his pants? How well did she respond to that feedback? She’s just as bad as Ellie and Bonnie. The hair and nails are something to side eye because she ain’t giving attention otherwise. Know what though, Ellie and Ruby aren’t either.

If we are going to give extra credit to someone, how about Emily and Beau? She seems to have it together, cares for her kids and manages to do so while maintaining a respectful partnership with her husband. Plus she seems to have set boundaries with the Griffiths.

It's not about Bonnie getting her hair and nails done. It's about having a stay at home husband, a full time assistant and having 4 hour naps a day. I'm not saying Ruby is a great mother - far from it but in comparison to Bonnie and Ellie, I think she's a better mother. That's all.
polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:If we are going to give extra credit to someone, how about Emily and Beau? She seems to have it together, cares for her kids and manages to do so while maintaining a respectful partnership with her husband. Plus she seems to have set boundaries with the Griffiths.
Ugh! Emily and Beau's videos are extremely boring and produced very amateurishly. I need a motion sickness pill to make it through some of their videos.

I agree, Emily's first priority appears to be her family, and for that, she's a better mother than Ruby, Bonnie and Ellie. I won't argue that! I also like Julie Deru. She may be a Griffiths girl, and you might not like her, but I think she puts her kids before YouTube. She recently went from 5 days to 3 days a week because it was too much for her.

Would money and sudden YT popularity change Emily and/or Julie? Yes, probably! But both of these mothers seem to have their priorities (family) first before YouTube. That said, isn't the LDS mantra Family First??? Maybe they should change that to YouTube First for a good many of these families we see online.

You've misunderstood me if you think I'm giving credit to Ruby as a mother. Hell no. I'm giving her credit on her efforts with YouTube...her content, and her success in increasing viewership while Bonnie's and E & J's tumble.
polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

ba1006 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think people are severely lowering their standards if a better mom is one that doesn’t go get her hair and nails done.

It's not about Bonnie getting her hair and nails done. It's about having a stay at home husband, a full time assistant and having 4 hour naps a day. I'm not saying Ruby is a great mother - far from it but in comparison to Bonnie and Ellie, I think she's a better mother. That's all.
That was my point precisely, ba1006!! Comparing Ruby to Bonnie and Ellie, I feel like Ruby is doing a much better job than her two nitwit sisters Bonnie and Ellie. Ruby had Eve with her at the salon and brought Eve the time before per a pedicure when she met April (from April & Davey), so it's a false statement to say Ruby has Shari watching the children 24/7. I remember a time Bonnie took Boston to the salon with her, but those days are gone. Bonnie has changed. Now Bonnie has her 24/7 Bree doing everything for her because Bonnie can't possibly be inconvenienced with the kids. She's a businesswoman, along with Ellie, managing 3 businesses. Excuse me, I've got to find the barf bag!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”