janem
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by janem »

melonyogloo wrote:
Sunshiner wrote:Hmm no new videos for a few days! I guess because they have no internet....or no content! Their subscribers in the last 24 hours I noticed has been an increase by 35....That's not great at all they've been hovering around their 250k milestone for months! I'd feel sorry for them but the content says it all. Not. Relevant. Not. Interesting. It's a pity
They want you to think that they are currently vacationing in the houseboat in Lake Powell with no wifi. But in reality, they are already home or close to home. Their main goal is to give the viewers an illusion that they are fulltime RVers but only live in it for a limited amount of time. I was in Utah last year during my extended RV trip. There are way more than three places to visit for a three weeks stay.

I think their trip looks more like this:
1)They probably stayed in Moab for five days, visited Arches NP and Moab in one day, filmed most of the useless fillers for three day, went to Canyonland NP for half a day and made more fillers, then moved to Mexican Hat.
2) Spent a week in Lake Powell and Page.
3) Finally, take a week to drive back to Idaho.

The only way to save money is to stay at their parents' house, not on the road. Make a three week trip looks like seven weeks long is one way to do it.
I agree with this. There isn’t anyway they could be saving money and living in that RV full time. I also would t be surprised if once they’re back in Idaho they live it while parked in storage.

He did say that Moab was free camping for two weeks but I don’t think they stayed there the whole two weeks. It was too hot. Also another thing... with the tropical storm that passed that way the last couple of days, he wouldn’t have missed the opportunity to post a “trapped in a storm” vlog.

I think he’s buying views and subs but with all this time of no vlogs, it won’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

Are they sponsored by Subaru? The whole first half of that vlog seemed like a damn commercial. I mean how many times can you say "good thing we have a subaru," and they even had that cliche commercial vibe going on with the zoomed out shot of the car driving up the mountain to crappy music.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

Unread post by janem »

They’re lying. Corbin posted an IG story of him on the water at lake Powell. He even showed the boat they were staying on. Of course it’s gone now. That was a week ago in the 29th because I posted here about it.

So now they have another week off because they’re going to upload those videos. What a racket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

janem wrote:They’re lying. Corbin posted an IG story of him on the water at lake Powell. He even showed the boat they were staying on. Of course it’s gone now. That was a week ago in the 29th because I posted here about it.

So now they have another week off because they’re going to upload those videos. What a racket.
Yeah, my parents were house-boating on Lake Powell about a month ago and they had service. Maybe he couldn't post vlogs, but he could most likely post a tweet or IG. I think they enjoyed making their "fans" worry something happened to them. Lame.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

ewokfan11 wrote:
janem wrote:They’re lying. Corbin posted an IG story of him on the water at lake Powell. He even showed the boat they were staying on. Of course it’s gone now. That was a week ago in the 29th because I posted here about it.

Yeah, my parents were house-boating on Lake Powell about a month ago and they had service. Maybe he couldn't post vlogs, but he could most likely post a tweet or IG. I think they enjoyed making their "fans" worry something happened to them. Lame.
Honestly, I think they couldn’t be fucked, and know they’re running low on content, so win - win? Draw speculation by not posting, get out of work, and extend the amount of time they’re pretending to travel while actually sitting on their arses mooching off of Corbin’s parents
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Boring boring boring!!!! Corbin said it “ we have her watch it so we can get stuff done”. Like we thought, they give it to her more than they’d like viewers to know.

What not show the houseboat? Why not show pulling out? He’d mentioned that he missed the boat leaving...why? Didn’t show anything of even getting set up for the night.

What the f was that on his head? A buff from survivor?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Seems odd the cousin was there. Taking a whole week off school for a vacation? I never understand why parents don't do vacations during school breaks.

They said 16 people? WOW! That's a lot of people on a small-ish houseboat. I get it's a family reunion type of vacation, but trapped on a boat with all those relatives for a week? YIKES. LOL
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:Seems odd the cousin was there. Taking a whole week off school for a vacation? I never understand why parents don't do vacations during school breaks.

They said 16 people? WOW! That's a lot of people on a small-ish houseboat. I get it's a family reunion type of vacation, but trapped on a boat with all those relatives for a week? YIKES. LOL
I would have to shoot someone if I spent a week on a houseboat with my oldest sister and her husband... My brother and his girlfriend, and my other sister and her husband? No problem. But those two... And Corbin is a lot like my BIL, if he was a self righteous preacher..
Can you imagine a week on a houseboat with Corbin? Ugh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

ewokfan11 wrote:Seems odd the cousin was there. Taking a whole week off school for a vacation? I never understand why parents don't do vacations during school breaks.

Trapped with Corbin for any amount of time!

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Corbin's parents are 100 % the reason he is the entitled little scumbag he is. If at any point in his whiney little life someone told him the world didn't revolve around him he might not be like this. Someone who cares about him at least needs to tell him to cut his hair and stop with the neck bread he looks gross.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

YIKES! People have to sleep outside on the boat? It's not exactly super warm there in the fall. They only showed a couple bedrooms, but I'm guessing there are more.

Also, hello hillbilly! I'm sure it's a swimsuit, but it looks like her panties are sticking out. HAHA!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:

I would have to shoot someone if I spent a week on a houseboat with my oldest sister and her husband... My brother and his girlfriend, and my other sister and her husband? No problem. But those two... And Corbin is a lot like my BIL, if he was a self righteous preacher..
Can you imagine a week on a houseboat with Corbin? Ugh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
LOL someone would wind up at the bottom of the lake if it were my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and my husband and I. That someone specifically being my sis's boyfriend, LMAO
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:YIKES! People have to sleep outside on the boat? It's not exactly super warm there in the fall. They only showed a couple bedrooms, but I'm guessing there are more.

Also, hello hillbilly! I'm sure it's a swimsuit, but it looks like her panties are sticking out. HAHA!
More power to her I guess if she’s comfortable enough with her body to do a video like that, but something tells me Corbin told her that they’d get more views if she did the tour in a bikini top…there’s just something creepy going on there.

If there really were over 20 people on this boat as part of a family reunion, how much do you want to bet that Corbin was inconveniencing everyone by being super late and people just got so fed up that they left him behind? I have no idea what it’s like to rent a boat like that, maybe they had to be off the dock at a certain time, but I just crack up picturing his extended family being like, “Nah, he can figure out how to meet us in the middle of the lake.”
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:YIKES! People have to sleep outside on the boat? It's not exactly super warm there in the fall. They only showed a couple bedrooms, but I'm guessing there are more.

More power to her I guess if she’s comfortable enough with her body to do a video like that, but something tells me Corbin told her that they’d get more views if she did the tour in a bikini top…there’s just something creepy going on there.

If there really were over 20 people on this boat as part of a family reunion, how much do you want to bet that Corbin was inconveniencing everyone by being super late and people just got so fed up that they left him behind? I have no idea what it’s like to rent a boat like that, maybe they had to be off the dock at a certain time, but I just crack up picturing his extended family being like, “Nah, he can figure out how to meet us in the middle of the lake.”
Maybe Kelsey thought she would get a week vacation from him and said cast off and let’s go!

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It seems Corbin gave up their "secret trip" location. He said they are diving at Lost Lake. There is a Lost Lake in Oregon, close to Portland - but it seems like it would be too cold this time of year!! We all know they want to go back to Oregon, so I'm thinking that's there next destination. They aren't very good about keeping secrets.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

These two! A week on lake Powell and all they do is 2.5 vlogs of the lake because they wanted to spend time with the family. I call BS. Their excuse for not posting was no internet.

When they were in the RV Corbin said that it was October making it sound like October 1. So if that’s the case they’re almost two weeks behind. Suddenly they’re in Oregon. Why not show some of the drive there? I would have watched more of the lake stuff. Curious how they fed all those people (who we never saw).

Corbin “.guess there was a storm last night “. How could you not know? They were on a boat! On a lake! Were they so wasted they didn’t even know?

Travel vloggers who don’t show travel!

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I thought the reason they didn't put vlogs up was no service. Now they said they didn't vlog at all because they wanted to take a break and spend time with family without a camera. Which fucking is it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

This whole season of Van Life has been a total flop.
I NEVER thought I would say this, but the last trip was more organized & appealing as a viewer. There was an itinerary, social media posts & only a slight delay. This round there’s nothing. They are posting random vlogs of them doing NOTHING. They are mostly always IN the RV, and the viewers have no idea where they are. I completely understand if they are doing this trip for themselves, but why bother even half assing it at this point? The vlog footage is so minimal that they could have made one 30 minute vlog of the ENTIRE trip.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

This trip really is a mess. Thought they were saving money but they at lunch and dinner out. Where were they staying? It looked like a residential neighborhood. Especially when they said there was an accident.

They have no idea what they’re doing. The title was just clickbait. I did have to laugh that Kelsey was adamant about returning to Idaho. Corbin would be happy in the rv because he’s so lazy. They hardly made it in Oregon before now they talk about going back?

Wonder what this next place is. I hate that they act like it’s such a big secret. If they actually told viewers it might keep them interested and stick around.
June in the background on the phone...sure she’s never on it Corbin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I’d be willing to bet that the break they took while in Lake Powell was due to family tensions and disapproval of their life style. Corbin probably convinced his family that going on the van trip would provide them with enough money to move on their own (likely using data from their last trip) and that’s why they loaned them the RV. Now that it is blatantly obvious to everyone except Corbin, I’m sure they sat him down and had a real you-need-to-get-an-actual-job talk and disapprove of them doing YouTube. With all that tension and being surrounded by family that doesn’t support your current means of income... i wouldn’t vlog either.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”