Bonnie Hoellein: Surgery Bills & High On Pills | Part 18

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie Hoellien: Surgery Bills & High On Pills | Part 18

Unread post by ba1006 »

What is she trying to prove in today's vlog? Everybody knows she doesn't usually clean or cook. Poor Joel looks like a lost soul at the end of the clip. He has no job to escape to, he has only one friend (Jared) and he has a psychotic wife. I hope he doesn't snap.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ba1006 wrote:What is she trying to prove in today's vlog? Everybody knows she doesn't usually clean or cook. Poor Joel looks like a lost soul at the end of the clip. He has no job to escape to, he has only one friend (Jared) and he has a psychotic wife. I hope he doesn't snap.
I hope he does. That’s the only thing that might actually improve things at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I wonder if her body isn’t healing because of the meds she was on. It is obvious her body is going through withdrawals. She is just lying to herself that she wasn’t addicted to them. Poor Joel, although I do think he is part of the problem, he is an enabler.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote:We often talk about Jennifer’s way, and how “behind” the Griffith girls are in their way of thinking and doing things. I thought it would be interesting to find what General Conference was saying around the time that Jennifer was starting out. The below article is from when Jennifer was pregnant with Ruby, and explains so many things that we’ve seen with Bonnie and all the Griffiths, right down to the need to isolate the kids and therefor not send them to preschool. Made me almost think maybe Jennifer isn’t as bad and maybe is just grossly misinformed..... almost.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... n?lang=eng

Ruby was born 3 months after this conference.

That was pretty in line with the way society was then, it wasn't near as common for any mother to work outside the home as it is now, in the church or not.
The talk also says nothing of the mothers needs and desires coming before their childrens. It actually says the opposite, that a mother should be prepared to give up her best years to saving the souls of her children, to treat your children with respect and kindness..one look at the Griffith children and its obvious Jennifer didn't hear that suggestion.
When I read that talk, and Ive actually read it before, I don't think of Jennifer, or any of the Griffith women. The Griffiths aren't your average lds member, most of their behaviours and thoughts aren't in line with church teachings at all.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ba1006 wrote:What is she trying to prove in today's vlog? Everybody knows she doesn't usually clean or cook. Poor Joel looks like a lost soul at the end of the clip. He has no job to escape to, he has only one friend (Jared) and he has a psychotic wife. I hope he doesn't snap.

I don't feel badly for Joel. He created this mess just as much as Bonnie did.
If he wanted he could get a job today, Bree is there already taking care of the kids so child care wouldn't be an issue, Bonnie could go back to editing if she wanted youtube to continue and they could go back to the simple life they once had. But Joel is just as in love with all that youtube brings as Bonnie is. He's not going to give up the ability to purchase his toys, go on quad riding weekends, spend a month in Hawaii.
ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

This is off topic kind of, but I am not active on here and just kind of wanted to share my thoughts.

When I first saw one of Bonnie’s videos I googled and ended up here. So I’ve always actively read up on the gossip so that I wouldn’t fall trap into believing what is shown/portrayed in the vlogs as a good wholesome family. Anyways, I feel so sad watching any of the vlogs anymore because I feel like Bonnie completely takes being a mother for granted. The way she grew up in the Mormon faith and as a Griffith, the only option she thought she had as an adult was getting married and having babies. After YouTube started paying off for them they were able to go on vacations and she seemed generally happy to have those experiences as a mother and see her children’s joy on those trips.

Now she goes on trips with just Joel and is ecstatic. She’s happy to be away from her kids and getting to live her life with minimal responsibility. I feel like she’s realizing that maybe she never really wanted to be a mother and is having more fun enjoying traveling with her husband and pampering herself any chance she gets. Rather than previously ‘pampering’ her kids with vacations or activities outside the home. She’s not in a good mental state from what we can see in the vlogs and obviously the pain meds are a bad combination with her mental state. I agree with the poster above who said that the pills have been giving her fake happiness. She comes home from her weekends away with Joel and is instantly depressed because she has to return to being a mother (and a not very good one at that)

Anyways, I guess I’m realizing that I don’t even hate watch anymore— I just sad watch. I absolutely love being a mother and just want to give her kiddos hugs bc I wish that had their pre-YouTube momma back!

Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

HelloSweetie wrote:
thenightowl wrote:Happy to see that the doc is having her wean off of them, I hate to tell her but her body is withdrawing from the meds, her body was getting dependent and now that's she's not getting the dose, she is going to have aches/pains etc.
I still side-eye any doc that gave her that many in the first place.

She said the doctor is weaning her off some of her meds. Some? How many did he give her dang

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just watched the vlog, well skipped around it, and I realize she's still going to have some swelling but I wonder if she is disappointed with the outcome of the surgeries. She still doesn't look that small, and in some shots her stomach could pass for an early pregnancy stomach. Id be sad if I paid all that money and went through the pain only to look the way Bonnie still looks.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ptumey wrote:This is off topic kind of, but I am not active on here and just kind of wanted to share my thoughts.

When I first saw one of Bonnie’s videos I googled and ended up here. So I’ve always actively read up on the gossip so that I wouldn’t fall trap into believing what is shown/portrayed in the vlogs as a good wholesome family. Anyways, I feel so sad watching any of the vlogs anymore because I feel like Bonnie completely takes being a mother for granted. The way she grew up in the Mormon faith and as a Griffith, the only option she thought she had as an adult was getting married and having babies. After YouTube started paying off for them they were able to go on vacations and she seemed generally happy to have those experiences as a mother and see her children’s joy on those trips.

Now she goes on trips with just Joel and is ecstatic. She’s happy to be away from her kids and getting to live her life with minimal responsibility. I feel like she’s realizing that maybe she never really wanted to be a mother and is having more fun enjoying traveling with her husband and pampering herself any chance she gets. Rather than previously ‘pampering’ her kids with vacations or activities outside the home. She’s not in a good mental state from what we can see in the vlogs and obviously the pain meds are a bad combination with her mental state. I agree with the poster above who said that the pills have been giving her fake happiness. She comes home from her weekends away with Joel and is instantly depressed because she has to return to being a mother (and a not very good one at that)

Anyways, I guess I’m realizing that I don’t even hate watch anymore— I just sad watch. I absolutely love being a mother and just want to give her kiddos hugs bc I wish that had their pre-YouTube momma back!

I think a lot of moms, Mormon or not, could relate to the feeling of feeling guilty that being a mom hasn’t made you as happy as it should. All the Griffiths girls ever aspired to be was wives and mothers. That was the supposed to be the path to happiness. I’m not surprised that Bonnie is finding an escape in pills, or that Ellie uses breastfeeding as an escape from Jackson and Cal. While being a mom is rewarding in the long run, everyday isn’t a beautiful and glorious time. Many women need more to their lives than just being a wife and mother. I’m not surprised Ellie and Bonnie aren’t happy, but I do judge them for not figuring their shit out and for making excuses for pushing their kids away. Maybe they thought YT was some loophole that would allow them to have a job, but still be the full-time mom they were raised to be, only to find that public comments actually make them feel worse as a mother?

Or maybe it was just about the money the whole time. Probably.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Being a mom is HARD. And these people buy into some fairy tale that it isn't, and are disappointed when it doesn't live up to their fantasies. And instead of saying "Ok, this isn't what I expected, but I had these kids and I'm going to be the best parent I can be, because I wanted these kids so badly" (which is the mature way to handle it) they pass them off on other people, and use the YT money to pamper themselves because "I work so hard". It's immaturity and laziness, period.
And the "fake happiness" was exactly what I was seeking when I was actively addicted. I was miserable and didn't know how to deal with it, and my very much loved dad had passed away, and I _really_ didn't want to deal with that! And the pills made it all not matter. When we left the squadron my ex was assigned to, the skipper's wife said she didn't know how I did everything I did (I had a special needs daughter and was still really active with the Wives Club) I almost said "Drugs!"
Anyway, it's not about me. But I think you're absolutely right about the fake happiness. I'm betting that's exactly what she's after.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

That soup she made for the vlog looked like absolute vomit.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I wonder if she’ll make through the withdrawals or if she’ll cave and try to find pills somewhere else because she’s special and has a different type of pain than anyone else so she needs to be on pills longer you guys, Heavenly Father said it was ok.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

rdt1004 wrote:I wonder if she’ll make through the withdrawals or if she’ll cave and try to find pills somewhere else because she’s special and has a different type of pain than anyone else so she needs to be on pills longer you guys, Heavenly Father said it was ok.

Maybe she’ll be like other LDS YTers and start drinking?

GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Does anyone think Ruby was the person Bonnie was talking about? I think I remember Ruby saying she was going through a hard time with back pain or something and had to take medication. Which made her like zone out. I think Russell was still a baby.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Totally speculative but I wonder....If Jared was on pills for his hip when he met Ellie, is it possible his judgement was clouded? How soon after his surgery did they get married?

Hip degeneration is painful, so I’m assuming he was on medication for it prior to his surgery and not just after.

polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by polly9033 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Maybe she’ll be like other LDS YTers and start drinking?
First of all, not all of these YTers are LDS and secondly, I don't think LDS has anything to do with this. Dysfunction is dysfunction and addiction is addiction regardless if a person is LDS or evangelical Christian or agnostic or atheist or Buddhist, etc. Educate me if I'm wrong, but besides Shaytard, what other LDS YTer has started drinking?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

polly9033 wrote:
First of all, not all of these YTers are LDS and secondly, I don't think LDS has anything to do with this. Dysfunction is dysfunction and addiction is addiction regardless if a person is LDS or evangelical Christian or agnostic or atheist or Buddhist, etc. Educate me if I'm wrong, but besides Shaytard, what other LDS YTer has started drinking?
Carl and Jinger. Shay's brothers. But that's only two families. The rest just like to act "drunk", like Ellie and Bonnie in Hawaii.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

rdt1004 wrote:I wonder if she’ll make through the withdrawals or if she’ll cave and try to find pills somewhere else because she’s special and has a different type of pain than anyone else so she needs to be on pills longer you guys, Heavenly Father said it was ok.

Don't worry. Her enabler husband will find a way to score some more. Can you imagine what she puts him through though? The dramatic crying alone would drive me insane. She may have to share her meds with him.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Bonnie, it's not your childs responsibility to know that you are in pain, or feeling depressed. I can't believe you said (about Lincoln at the dinner table) that he doesn't even know that I am in pain.

Bon Bon, you are the PARENT. Lincoln is your CHILD. You are supposed to protect your children. Lincoln should not be stressed out over how his mother feels. It's YOUR JOB to make him feel safe and happy in his own home.

I just finished the vlog. Boston's prayer was quite an eye opener as to what these kids have been through this past month. SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU for making your kids go through this!!!!

Olivia should NOT be taking on the role as mother!!! YOU should be putting your own kids to bed.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
polly9033 wrote:
Carl and Jinger. Shay's brothers. But that's only two families. The rest just like to act "drunk", like Ellie and Bonnie in Hawaii.

Shay and his family is a pretty big example. They are after all the inspiration for the whole family vlogger genre.

There are plenty of YTers that have turned to addictive behaviours post YT, but few that actually preached abstinence from these substances. LDS members just happen to be more open in this regard, so it’s more obvious when that change happens. Bryan and Missy are open about being Christian, but never said they didn’t enjoy alcohol or smoke Marijuana.

If Jared stared drinking at all, it would be more noticeable than Shane drinking to excess.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”