YTMD Pet Peeves

MomOf286
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by MomOf286 »

Tiger27 wrote:I’m tired of maggielim (or whatever one of the 12 different names she has used now) on the Rachelle and Justin thread. The girl is crazy and you can obviously tell when it’s her coming back each time (“hi I’m new here but I just saw this thing on Twitter...”). I just casually read the thread but I swear every other day it’s being derailed by this girl! Who quickly likes to turn it around and claim whoever speaks out against her is fake/has multiple accounts and is trying to derail the tread. Girl, get a life!! You are a complete nut job!!
Yes its Completely changed the whole thread and we rarely mention r&j anymore. Im guilty of feeding into her drama because she just gets under my skin!
Mousegirl913
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mousegirl913 »

Dunno if this subject is still active but...when vloggers are running late so they sit there for 2,3 minutes explaining what they are Late to...
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Mousegirl913 wrote:Dunno if this subject is still active but...when vloggers are running late so they sit there for 2,3 minutes explaining what they are Late to...
It is SO ridiculous when they pull the camera out to explain why they're late, thus making them even MORE late. Especially when vloggers do this at the airport explaining they arrived late and vlog themselves running to their gate. Talk about counter productive, sheesh.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Mousegirl913
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mousegirl913 »

I know right? It could work just as well if you got to the place and THEN started the vlog saying you were late....
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

It rubs me the wrong way when YTers say "Subscribe - It's Free!" Are there really people who think they need to pay just to sub a YT channel? Why would you even say this?

I also hate the muppet smile. All these YTers are looking more like Kermit the Frog (drag style) than normal adult parents.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

My pet peeve with this site is the amount of comments people make about people's bodies. I just don't really get why that has to be fodder for 'gossip'. Even if the youtuber her/himself is a jerk, and even if s/he is nasty to others about their bodies, I still feel like there is just no reason to criticize something they may or may not be able to control. If it's an eating disorder, then it's a medical problem, if it's a lifestyle choice, laziness, another kind of medical condition, a physical deformity, or whatever else, I still feel like there's no reason to comment. In my opinion, the only thing that would warrant a comment about someone's body, would be if they got a racist tattoo on themselves or something like that, otherwise, I guess I feel like it's just a whole other ballgame. And it's even worse when they're kids. I sound holier than thou when I say this, I know, and I don't think YTMD members are jerks, I promise. I just wanted to vent. Hope that's okay in this section... I will shut up now :)
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebug8+ »

I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Junebug8+ wrote:I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
Not arguing, just curious, because I do have a special needs daughter, and can't hang with anyone using the R word--but how do you feel about people saying that a vlogger child needs speech therapy or a similar intervention? For instance, Ollie and Finn both need _something_. But if you suggest it on their social media, even nicely, you get blocked.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebug8+ »

lmmomSD wrote:
Junebug8+ wrote:I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
Not arguing, just curious, because I do have a special needs daughter, and can't hang with anyone using the R word--but how do you feel about people saying that a vlogger child needs speech therapy or a similar intervention? For instance, Ollie and Finn both need _something_. But if you suggest it on their social media, even nicely, you get blocked.

I don't mind people suggesting speech therapy etc. I just think it fucked up to call a kid the r word etc. I mainly see people calling Jackson from Kkandbabyj this.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

lmmomSD wrote:

My opinion only:

I think "diagnosing" someone with ASD or speculating the R word or any other medical condition without a proper medical background is far different than an opinion that says "so and so seems like they need speech therapy." That's just me though Image

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
favouritecake1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by favouritecake1 »

I have one - everytime a YTM's kids are sick more than a few times, people start diagnosing Munchausen by Proxy. I just think that's taking it too far. For one, the syndrome is super rare and most people don't actually know what it means (they think if your kid is sick alot, you must be making them sick on purpose - which in fact isn't really how the syndrome manifests itself) and just throw it out there like they're describing a personality trait.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

favouritecake1 wrote:I have one - everytime a YTM's kids are sick more than a few times, people start diagnosing Munchausen by Proxy. I just think that's taking it too far. For one, the syndrome is super rare and most people don't actually know what it means (they think if your kid is sick alot, you must be making them sick on purpose - which in fact isn't really how the syndrome manifests itself) and just throw it out there like they're describing a personality trait.
Munchausen by proxy is rare, and very serious. I will admit to being stunned by the glee that _some_ of these vloggers seem to be unable to hide when their kids are sick, (views! Hooray!)and how their first impulse seems to be to pick up the camera and start filming rather than comforting their children. For instance, Paige, the Bratayley cousin and hanger-on-- her daughter had an "episode" at an airport, and she was beaming when they were being loaded into the ambulance. And the Gardner Quad Squad has filmed their kids in the ER several times. It's like they look at their sick child and see dollar signs.
But I agree that diagnosing Munchausen by proxy based on a few YouTube videos is a bit over the top.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VaCar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by VaCar »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:02 am
favouritecake1 wrote:I have one - everytime a YTM's kids are sick more than a few times, people start diagnosing Munchausen by Proxy. I just think that's taking it too far. For one, the syndrome is super rare and most people don't actually know what it means (they think if your kid is sick alot, you must be making them sick on purpose - which in fact isn't really how the syndrome manifests itself) and just throw it out there like they're describing a personality trait.
Munchausen by proxy is rare, and very serious. I will admit to being stunned by the glee that _some_ of these vloggers seem to be unable to hide when their kids are sick, (views! Hooray!)and how their first impulse seems to be to pick up the camera and start filming rather than comforting their children. For instance, Paige, the Bratayley cousin and hanger-on-- her daughter had an "episode" at an airport, and she was beaming when they were being loaded into the ambulance. And the Gardner Quad Squad has filmed their kids in the ER several times. It's like they look at their sick child and see dollar signs.
But I agree that diagnosing Munchausen by proxy based on a few YouTube videos is a bit over the top.

Maybe they should name a new proxy by youtubers... The deal they do & drama created for views.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

VaCar wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:02 am

Maybe they should name a new proxy by youtubers... The deal they do & drama created for views.
Lol. It may not be a psychosis, but it's definitely a neurosis! A pathological inability to comfort your child until after you have filmed him/her bleeding, crying, or just looking ill.

Return to “Boxing Ring”