Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Oops, one thing I forgot to mentioned earlier. Why are they so tired ALL THE TIME?? I get it that people get worn out when they have long days at work, have to commute, kids to care for and cooking and cleaning, etc., but they've been complaining about being EXHAUSTED every day recently. From what?! If they are this tired from not working, taking care of June at home WITH her grandmother around and doing some minor home fixes, what's going to happen with a newborn in the mix?

Eventually Corbin will likely have to go back to work and then Kelsey will have two kids alone all day. And I say Corbin will go back to work only because Kelsey's going to get pregnant and won't get a job.
A BUCKET 1+
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by A BUCKET 1+ »

ewokfan11 wrote:Oops, one thing I forgot to mentioned earlier. Why are they so tired ALL THE TIME?? I get it that people get worn out when they have long days at work, have to commute, kids to care for and cooking and cleaning, etc., but they've been complaining about being EXHAUSTED every day recently. From what?! If they are this tired from not working, taking care of June at home WITH her grandmother around and doing some minor home fixes, what's going to happen with a newborn in the mix?

Eventually Corbin will likely have to go back to work and then Kelsey will have two kids alone all day. And I say Corbin will go back to work only because Kelsey's going to get pregnant and won't get a job.
I wonder the same thing. Although, I would think the stress of looking for new ways to avoid supporting yourselves IS exhausting. They are so disjointed and indecisive. It hurts my brain trying to follow the thought process, or lack thereof, of their plans. Of course, like a train wreck, I don't look away, and tune in each day for my daily dose of dumb.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just don't understand trying to have a baby when you have no real home, no regular income, and another baby to take care of.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lavenderlove »

lmmomSD wrote:I just don't understand trying to have a baby when you have no real home, no regular income, and another baby to take care of.

Right??? It's so weird for normal, responsible adults to even try to see things through their eyes. I guess if you have an inlaw to bum off of for an indefinite amount of time, you never really have to grow up, and can keep playing house. So weird.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if Hawaii (if it's actually Hawaii) is Corbin's last-minute attempt to boost views/$$$$$. I'm really hoping they are housesitting for free, because if they are renting in Hawaii for a month - and getting a rental car, plane tickets, going to attractions, eating out and paying living expenses - then they would be spending/wasting a TON! They don't seem to understand how to SAVE money.

Also, if they are just staying with friends for free for a month that's shitty! I love my friends and I live in a popular tourist town in Florida so many come visit, but I don't think I could handle anyone staying with me for a MONTH for free—especially with a small child tagging along! That's just RUDE!
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm just waiting for it to be like Omaha, Nebraska!!! (not that there's anything wrong with Omaha, I'm sure.) But it ain't Hawaii!! I would love it if it wound up being some basic AF city, when everyone in the comments thinks it's some fabulous place like Hawaii or Australia. These people are so lame, that's what I'd bet money on. But we'll see....i mean I think we'll see. Or are they going to hype it up for another month?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lavenderlove wrote:I'm just waiting for it to be like Omaha, Nebraska!!! (not that there's anything wrong with Omaha, I'm sure.) But it ain't Hawaii!! I would love it if it wound up being some basic AF city, when everyone in the comments thinks it's some fabulous place like Hawaii or Australia. These people are so lame, that's what I'd bet money on. But we'll see....i mean I think we'll see. Or are they going to hype it up for another month? Image
I think it's Hawaii from the hints (Corbin's been, Kelsey hasn't/they need flip flops and hiking boots/Kelsey accidentally said "once we get other there" and then tried to change the sentence/long flight, etc.) and the fact they aren't driving. I'm sure they would take their car if it was somewhere they could drive. I guess the big reveal will be tomorrow.

Also, Hawaii is nice, but unless you are staying at the beach and living it up, it's more like any other beach town...or town in general. I highly doubt they have oceanfront accommodations or even a place with a good view. If you have to drive to the beach it can be a hassle—especially with a toddler and during peak tourist season.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:I bet Corbin wants her to get pregnant in Hawaii, so he can name it something Hawaiian because he/she was "made" there. :? :? :?
Baby Lilikoi or Oleander. I can just picture it.
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

And if they ARE housesitting for someone (which I really hope they are, because there is no way they're in any financial position to be taking a month long vacay), it then makes me ask.....WHO THE HELL LEAVES FOR A MONTH? Who are these people that live in Hawaii and are going on a month long vacation, AAAAND are the types of people that would be friends with C and K?? We all know they don't have friends! Too many questions. And why do I care?? Lol!

aurora85
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aurora85 »

Where was the relative’s beach house they stayed in after the van trip? I’m guessing they r going back there -but who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

aurora85 wrote:Where was the relative’s beach house they stayed in after the van trip? I’m guessing they r going back there -but who knows?

It's in Southern Oregon. Probably way too cold to be wearing mostly flip-flops.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
aurora85 wrote:Where was the relative’s beach house they stayed in after the van trip? I’m guessing they r going back there -but who knows?
It's in Southern Oregon. Probably way too cold to be wearing mostly flip-flops.
It's in the Lincoln City area...and they certainly wouldn't fly there.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:I love that they're calling it a vacation. A vacation is what people go on who need a break from work or time to be with family. They do not work and they are couch surfing their family so what are they vacationing from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The vacation is for their family - their parents are getting a vacation from Kelsey & Corbin !
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

I don’t get it. These two mooch off their parents yet they’re spending a month in Hawaii?? It’ll be interesting to see where they’re actually staying.
It sort of looks like they might be on the North Shore of Oahu. I absolutely hate... “here we are ridin’ in the back like locals”. No Corbin you’re not local even after a month you won’t be.

Who is that girl that picked them up? Poor girl. There must be a specific reason they’re staying for a month. Missing a big family thanksgiving I wouldn’t think would be something Kelsey would have wanted to do.

A very long flight with no seat for June?? She’s close enough to two they could have gotten her a seat. Holding her would have been their first nightmare!

lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Well. I was wrong! It is Hawaii! Haha! My new theory is that Corbin is going to be working there. It looked like they were on some ranch, so maybe they know the chick that picked them up, and they'll be working for her. Maybe it's more of a working trip, which is why kelsey hasn't seemed all that excited about it. If you had a MONTH LONG, straight up vacation in Hawaii, you would be beyond pumped. But they've been casual about it. But they're wanderers guys! They'll pick up odd jobs like this their whole lives, living like gypsies, not planning for the future, being "adventurous" . They're so weird.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I cant believe working with and being able to namedrop the lannings he cant get tons of free trips. He had to pick up something useful during his time there. Johnson Fam surely did.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
A BUCKET 1+
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by A BUCKET 1+ »

And so it seems they have taken their mooching to beautiful Hawaii.
I really hope the comment above about it being a working vacation is true. That might me a novel way to bring in viewers. It would certainly be a new spin on things.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They are on Maui. They were definitely in a little town called Paia - which is a really cute town. I'm guessing the woman who picked them up is also hosting them at her house. I'm also guessing they are staying somewhere "upcountry," as it does have a bit of a reputation for being a "hippie" area and any friend of theirs probably falls into that category.... LOL

If for some reason they ARE renting a place on their own, it would be at least $3000 for a couple of weeks. They've already said they have a lot debt, so how foolish to spend money they literally don't have?!?!?

Are they going to rent their own car? I can't imagine riding in the back of a truck like that. If they were, they probably would have got one right at the airport. It will be really hard for them to get around without a car if they are staying upcountry or even farther east, like Hana.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I had friends who did stuff like that. They worked really hard in the off season so they could be ski bums all winter.
But they didn't have children, and they didn't couch surf, and like I said, they worked hard in the off season.
This is just irresponsible.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I had friends who did stuff like that. They worked really hard in the off season so they could be ski bums all winter.
But they didn't have children, and they didn't couch surf, and like I said, they worked hard in the off season.
This is just irresponsible.
Yes, there are people in my beach town who only come here in the winter during "season" to get jobs in hospitality services - like the country clubs and private communities - and then they go back up north for the "season" there during summer. But all of those people are young and don't have kids. Definitely not a way to live with a family and kids.

I don't think Corbin is working there at all. They saw one horse by the side of the road, that doesn't mean anything. Upcountry is rural and agricultural, but Corbin working on a farm is a serious stretch. LOL, Corbin "working" at all is a serious stretch.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”