Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:They made it seem like that was their dream home that was just so perfect for them, but have done the bare minimum to make it "theirs". Idk what or who encouraged this purchase, but i have to say i think Kelly being close by influenced them to some degree. There were nicer, newer, cheaper homes for sale in the same neighborhood. Anyone know if this home is one of the bigger ones in the hood? Wonder if that status swayed them any. I will say i don't hate the decision to buy when they did, i think the house they were in wasn't the best layout for kids, especially if (at that time) they planned on having a 3rd. The backyard access situation was terrible, but it's not like this house is much better. Sure the kids can play out on the porch without them having to worry about them falling off (like the huge tall one at the old house) but they did have fenced yard, a "safer", more open space than they have now. It's not like that problem was solved. They could have purchased something so much nicer, up to date and with a better yard and play space for the kids and dogs. Hell they probably could have built a custom home in an up and coming neighborhood for what they paid for this home.
But would they have qualified? Not defending them, but maybe the owner financing had a big part in their choosing this particular house. It was on the market for a long time, and the owners likely really wanted to get rid of it.
I think buying this house was a big mistake, but maybe it was the only one they could get that would satisfy Katie. Maybe the newer ones were out of their reach.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
This is the second mention recently of the original owners having a hand in financing C&K's purchase. Can someone explain it more as I don't think that's a legal option where I'm from. Thanks in advance :)
The easiest way to explain it is like rent. Owner financing is basically renting from the owner, but instead of your payments going really nowhere like with renting, your payments go towards the purchase of the home. You have a purchase and sale agreement (instead of a lease) just like with any other sale, but instead of paying a mortgage company or bank. you are making payments directly to the seller. It's actually rare to come across someone who is willing to do owner financing bc most sellers want full cash in hand or a check from the bank you have your mortgage though. (bc lots if not most sellers are buying a new home themselves and the closing of the new home hinges on the closing and funding from the sale of the old home.) The seller has the same basic legal rights as the bank would if you did traditional financing, they can foreclose on you if you get behind on payments.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But would they have qualified? Not defending them, but maybe the owner financing had a big part in their choosing this particular house. It was on the market for a long time, and the owners likely really wanted to get rid of it.
I think buying this house was a big mistake, but maybe it was the only one they could get that would satisfy Katie. Maybe the newer ones were out of their reach.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
This is the second mention recently of the original owners having a hand in financing C&K's purchase. Can someone explain it more as I don't think that's a legal option where I'm from. Thanks in advance :)
The easiest way to explain it is like rent. Owner financing is basically renting from the owner, but instead of your payments going really nowhere like with renting, your payments go towards the purchase of the home. You have a purchase and sale agreement (instead of a lease) just like with any other sale, but instead of paying a mortgage company or bank. you are making payments directly to the seller. It's actually rare to come across someone who is willing to do owner financing bc most sellers want full cash in hand or a check from the bank you have your mortgage though. (bc lots if not most sellers are buying a new home themselves and the closing of the new home hinges on the closing and funding from the sale of the old home.) The seller has the same basic legal rights as the bank would if you did traditional financing, they can foreclose on you if you get behind on payments.
My biggest confusion with this set up is, can C&K sell the house? Is it theirs, or is the deed in the sellers name until they’re paid in full?

And if C&K CAN sell, if they take a loss, are they on the hook for the rest to the original seller, or is the new buyer taking on the mortgage?

It seems very “rent to own”, to me, where you don’t earn equity until you pay in full.
:roll:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Scar2016 wrote: This is the second mention recently of the original owners having a hand in financing C&K's purchase. Can someone explain it more as I don't think that's a legal option where I'm from. Thanks in advance :)
Thanks for that info! So to get it straight, the only reason C&K wouldn't go the traditional bank mortgage route would be because they couldn't get verified and pass all the checks?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Nobody bank would have worked with them. No real jobs. They are going to be out on their arses in a hot minute. Cullen can’t even work in his “office” because of some plumbing leak that hasn’t been fixed. They aren’t doing anything to update..they can’t afford it and know they are going to lose it. The video today...Jesus loves me... now I’ve seen it all. Hang it up folks. They’re done
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Baconsgirl wrote:It literally looks like they were spending the day on the golf course. The kids had their toys and they were kicking a football to kingdom come. At least I thought it was the golf course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They showed this on the vlog today, they were at the park. It does look a lot like the course behind the house but there is what looks like a restroom building, and the chainlink fence thing like what you see behind home plate at a baseball field.

Cullen brought up today that Katie has been "drinking her smoothies and getting her exercise in" not that just those things makes her a changed person, but it's good to hear that she is trying to get more healthy and active.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
My biggest confusion with this set up is, can C&K sell the house? Is it theirs, or is the deed in the sellers name until they’re paid in full?

And if C&K CAN sell, if they take a loss, are they on the hook for the rest to the original seller, or is the new buyer taking on the mortgage?

It seems very “rent to own”, to me, where you don’t earn equity until you pay in full.
No they can't sell it until they pay in full, and the deed stays in the owners name until it is paid. It all comes down to what the terms of the actual agreement are between C&K and the seller. There are lots of different owner financing options they could have taken, but either way the house will not belong to them until the loan from the seller is paid in full and the deed is put in their name. And yes, very much like a rent to own situation, only difference would be how the paperwork is worded. In a rent to own situation, the renter is not responsible for the balance of the purchase price if they decide to walk away. In an owner financing situation they most likely would be still responsible (if the contract states they are) for the balance and can be foreclosed on. Credit ruined, etc...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Catface2 wrote:Nobody bank would have worked with them. No real jobs. They are going to be out on their arses in a hot minute. Cullen can’t even work in his “office” because of some plumbing leak that hasn’t been fixed. They aren’t doing anything to update..they can’t afford it and know they are going to lose it. The video today...Jesus loves me... now I’ve seen it all. Hang it up folks. They’re done
Where is the mention of the plumbing leak? Why on earth would you not get something like that fixed if it was so bad you couldnt use part of your home?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Nobody bank would have worked with them. No real jobs. They are going to be out on their arses in a hot minute. Cullen can’t even work in his “office” because of some plumbing leak that hasn’t been fixed. They aren’t doing anything to update..they can’t afford it and know they are going to lose it. The video today...Jesus loves me... now I’ve seen it all. Hang it up folks. They’re done
Where is the mention of the plumbing leak? Why on earth would you not get something like that fixed if it was so bad you couldnt use part of your home?
And if its so bad he cant use the space its definitely causing some major damage..there's no way it wont be moulding.
darlingyep6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by darlingyep6 »

Playsinrain wrote:
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 435256.jpg[/img]

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
On Instagram pic of him editing on the living room chair with the cat and dog on his lap. He said it because someone asked him why he wasn’t in his office.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

darlingyep6 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Well in his defense he said they are getting it fixed... i wonder if its some issue where they can cut the water off to that part of the house so it's not a constant leak. Anyone know if there is a bath connected to that room?
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:It literally looks like they were spending the day on the golf course. The kids had their toys and they were kicking a football to kingdom come. At least I thought it was the golf course.

They showed this on the vlog today, they were at the park. It does look a lot like the course behind the house but there is what looks like a restroom building, and the chainlink fence thing like what you see behind home plate at a baseball field.

Cullen brought up today that Katie has been "drinking her smoothies and getting her exercise in" not that just those things makes her a changed person, but it's good to hear that she is trying to get more healthy and active.
thank you for clearing that up!

ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

ButterflyB wrote:I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

Right?!? Katie just says a whole lot of things without actually saying anything at all.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

Right?!? Katie just says a whole lot of things without actually saying anything at all.
Yes! It drives me crazy

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

ButterflyB wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:

Yes! It drives me crazy

What do we all suspect that's going on with her tho? Their has to be something up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]What do we all suspect that's going on with her tho? Their has to be something up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I too was expecting her to open up and admit something but nope!

There definitely has to be something up because you don't just all of a sudden start this kind of "journey" if things are going well in your life. I'm still on the bandwagon that says she has (had?) significant PPD that was not treated correctly along with trauma from their miscarriages. Also that Cullen suffered with depression and possibly addictions around the same time.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Yeah, I skipped around the video expecting a mention of one of them working outside of vlogging...this video was a complete waste of time. Her little mini series is getting boring actually.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I listened to the first half of Katie’s video and shut the crap off. So boring.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

What are the tags?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”