Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part 41

js215
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared - Views Are Stale - Tesla For Sale | Part

Unread post by js215 »

The one thing I don't believe is when she said if she lost anymore weight it will be the lowest she's ever been. She's definitely looking thin but she was nothing but skin and bones the winter after Calvin was born.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Lol of course she's going to stop breastfeeding- no, no troubles at all its been a dream- so inconsistent. Loved when she said "so I can sleep"- obviously Jared will now be the one who works all day, the one who plays with the boys, does all the projects around the house AND now gets up to feed Tommy at night. "Totes" gonna be preggers again soon.

Also, LOL at Jackson's drawing of her! She needs to take that as a red flag and stop placing her troubles on her 4 year olds shoulders. Theres a reason he always draws her looking sad.

And lmao "tooken"

THAT BEING SAID, gotta give her props if her story is legit. You have to listen to your body and do what is right for the baby AND you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

js215 wrote:The one thing I don't believe is when she said if she lost anymore weight it will be the lowest she's ever been. She's definitely looking thin but she was nothing but skin and bones the winter after Calvin was born.
Definitely. Her face was skeletal

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I predicted this exact thing would play out the second she made the comment about having another soon. IMMEDIATELY we started noticing Jared actually caring for Tommy when he hadn’t before. She started taking about needing “mom time” and taking care of herself after it seemed that Jared expected her to spend time with the kids.

People have been quick to defend her lately, but will demonize Bonnie for the exact same things. These sisters are more or less the same. One big difference is that Jared picks up A LOT of the slack in that house and he knows it, whereas Joel still seems to think Bonnie can handle the house and kids and is always off doing something. If you follow Ellie on the IG stories, she sleeps all day, has the kids in bed by 6:30 and then happily sits in bed watching tv and eating treats all night. No kidding she’s dropping weight given that she still seems to eat just the one real meal. The boys have breakfast without her, so for all we know she isn’t having breakfast herself.... and “dinner” has always been a late lunch/early supper meal.

She finds things to do to avoid spending time with her children, and lately it’s been organizing her photos (which she did after Cal to avoid Jackson).

Plus let’s not forget that the last time she had weight issues and started talking about them was when Bonnie was struggling trying to lose weight. Sorry, it isn’t a stretch to say there is a competition there, when we’ve seen it play out for years.

Good for her for taking care of herself, but this isn’t a person that fails to do that. ALL ELLIE DOES IS TAKE CARE OF HERSELF.

Just gonna drop this here. There’s a pattern we’ve seen before, and sorry, were going to see it again as soon as she gets pregnant. It’s eerie how similar the vlogs post-Cal are to the ones today.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/narcissistic-mothers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote:I predicted this exact thing would play out the second she made the comment about having another soon. IMMEDIATELY we started noticing Jared actually caring for Tommy when he hadn’t before. She started taking about needing “mom time” and taking care of herself after it seemed that Jared expected her to spend time with the kids.

People have been quick to defend her lately, but will demonize Bonnie for the exact same things. These sisters are more or less the same. One big difference is that Jared picks up A LOT of the slack in that house and he knows it, whereas Joel still seems to think Bonnie can handle the house and kids and is always off doing something. If you follow Ellie on the IG stories, she sleeps all day, has the kids in bed by 6:30 and then happily sits in bed watching tv and eating treats all night. No kidding she’s dropping weight given that she still seems to eat just the one real meal. The boys have breakfast without her, so for all we know she isn’t having breakfast herself.... and “dinner” has always been a late lunch/early supper meal.

She finds things to do to avoid spending time with her children, and lately it’s been organizing her photos (which she did after Cal to avoid Jackson).

Plus let’s not forget that the last time she had weight issues and started talking about them was when Bonnie was struggling trying to lose weight. Sorry, it isn’t a stretch to say there is a competition there, when we’ve seen it play out for years.

Good for her for taking care of herself, but this isn’t a person that fails to do that. ALL ELLIE DOES IS TAKE CARE OF HERSELF.

Just gonna drop this here. There’s a pattern we’ve seen before, and sorry, were going to see it again as soon as she gets pregnant. It’s eerie how similar the vlogs post-Cal are to the ones today.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/narcissistic-mothers/

I 100% agree that she will be pregnant right away, that has always been her plan.
However there is a difference between taking care of yourself and just being self centered. I don't think Ellie spends any time taking care of herself, she just spends time by herself. If she was taking care of herself she would be eating healthy, working out, working on her mental health, etc. Ellie spends time lounging and pampering herself, that's not really taking care of herself IMO.
So if she is actually cutting back on breastfeeding to better her physical and mental health then I will absolutely give her credit for that.
monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

Unread post by monstermonkey »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
KayCeeee wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:I don’t buy that Ellie is having issues because of breastfeeding. All of this started when Bonnie has her surgery. That is when we all noticed Ellie dropping weight. I have a feeling there is a lot of unhealthy competition amongst the Griffith girls. I think Ellie is jealous of Bonnie and she needs the attention in her. What a better way to get attention then to suddenly start dropping a lot of weight. So sad.

Sorry, I think that's...a bit of a stretch. I think it's perfectly logical that she's concerned about dropping a ton of weight. We remember how she looked with Calvin after he was born and criticized her for looking so sickly and not getting help. We can't have it both ways.

I think sometimes we jump on the bandwagon too eagerly to criticize everything she does. I'm giving her credit where it's due. Weaning seems like a good idea. Plus, we know how obsessed she is about breast-feeding. Good for her for taking control and being proactive.

I feel the same. Good for Ellie for realizing that breast feeding isn't working for her as well as it could. Good for Ellie taking some steps to take care of herself. Hopefully this time she wont be crying she cant make it up the stairs.
Yeah, I agree. I don't get the vibe she actually enjoys breastfeeding but rather she is obsessed with the image it creates which can actually have a pretty strong hold on some people and will make them keep going even if it's not in their best interest. Good for her for seeing past that and acknowledging that it may be best for her to stop.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Gunna be pregnant by Xmas
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Bethypooh51 wrote:I don’t buy that Ellie is having issues because of breastfeeding. All of this started when Bonnie has her surgery. That is when we all noticed Ellie dropping weight. I have a feeling there is a lot of unhealthy competition amongst the Griffith girls. I think Ellie is jealous of Bonnie and she needs the attention in her. What a better way to get attention then to suddenly start dropping a lot of weight. So sad.

While it's doubtful she's wanting attention, if she's had problems with anorexia in the past, just witnessing Bonnie's extremes in dealing with her own eating disorder could create enough anxiety (conscious or subconscious) to cause Ellie to have a relapse in her behavior.

It's a myth that anorexics are super shallow beings that want to be thin at all costs. Anorexia is often a symptom of either a physical illness or a mental illness and not necessarily the primary condition.

I feel badly for her though. When she lost all of that weight before she mentioned that she didn't feel womanly. Obese women can call themselves "curvy" but underweight gals are often criticized for looking like prepubescent boys. It's a pretty harsh double standard.
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

Catface2 wrote:Gunna be pregnant by Xmas
I agree. I've been thinking they'll do a holiday announcement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Exactly, and when she is, I hope the people giving her credit for taking care of herself realize that taking care of herself was never the intent since she was in such a rush to jump back in again.

There was is no reason Ellie taking care of herself always needs to mean backing off of her children completely. There was no reason why she couldn’t go to a few houses trick or treating with them, or why she can’t help tuck them in at night, or watch them play. She has every opportunity to leave for a few hours everyday to take some time for herself. That would be far better for the boys than gone 24:7 but disinterested in and annoyed with them.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Exactly, and when she is, I hope the people giving her credit for taking care of herself realize that taking care of herself was never the intent since she was in such a rush to jump back in again.

There was is no reason Ellie taking care of herself always needs to mean backing off of her children completely. There was no reason why she couldn’t go to a few houses trick or treating with them, or why she can’t help tuck them in at night, or watch them play. She has every opportunity to leave for a few hours everyday to take some time for herself. That would be far better for the boys than gone 24:7 but disinterested in and annoyed with them.
Agreed...and she wonders why Jackson always draws her with a shitty face and Jared has a smile. She’s crazy
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

Sorry. I do not think they will be pregnant by Christmas.

And I’m sorry, but this is the most pleasant I have found Ellie in 4 years of following them. I don’t think she’s disinterested and annoyed with her children at all. She seems happy and content and that makes me, in return, happy for her children who I want to succeed.

I think my annoyance for Ellie peaked when she was most “famous” on YT. I had a laundry list of things that I loathed about her. She seemed more shallow and immature. Now, she seems much more into her suburban mommy existence and is less concerned about fame and looks etc. Not sure how long that will last, but that's just what I see. Bonnie, on the other hand, is kind of going through the opposite phase. It's interesting.

Trust me, I get that it’s way more enjoyable to hate on them, but I’m not going to blindly hate on every single move they make. It's too exhausting.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

KayCeeee wrote:Sorry. I do not think they will be pregnant by Christmas.

And I’m sorry, but this is the most pleasant I have found Ellie in 4 years of following them. I don’t think she’s disinterested and annoyed with her children at all. She seems happy and content and that makes me, in return, happy for her children who I want to succeed.

I think my annoyance for Ellie peaked when she was most “famous” on YT. I had a laundry list of things that I loathed about her. She seemed more shallow and immature. Now, she seems much more into her suburban mommy existence and is less concerned about fame and looks etc. Not sure how long that will last, but that's just what I see. Bonnie, on the other hand, is kind of going through the opposite phase. It's interesting.

Trust me, I get that it’s way more enjoyable to hate on them, but I’m not going to blindly hate on every single move they make. It's too exhausting.
I feel the same (other then I do believe a pregnancy is coming soon, because Ellie doesn't deviate from her plans). Ive commented here too that it seems to be Ellie, and Ellie alone, taking the kids on outings. Ive enjoyed the vlogs more recently as well. Ellie seems calmer, happier and at peace. We will see how it plays out but I do think credit should be given where its due. She is spending time with the kids, she is taking care of her physical and mental health at the moment.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

You do realize the vlogs are scripted right?

I’m guessing you don’t follow her on IG. It tells a different story. In Grandma Griff’s IG story about the Globetrotters, Ellie looked completely miserable as she pushed Tommy in his stroller, very disinterested in the boys. It was like they were Ruby’s kids.

You can enjoy them, no one is stopping you, I don’t think she’s as different from Bonnie as you think she is. Bonnie is just where Ellie was two years ago. Her star is shining brighter at the moment. Ellie hasn’t learned to be less materialistic, she just has less money to spend, things to buy and less sponsorships rolling in.

A month from now when she gets hair extensions and stops looking so “mommish” don’t be surprised.

Last edited by HelloSweetie on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I feel the same (other then I do believe a pregnancy is coming soon, because Ellie doesn't deviate from her plans). Ive commented here too that it seems to be Ellie, and Ellie alone, taking the kids on outings. Ive enjoyed the vlogs more recently as well. Ellie seems calmer, happier and at peace. We will see how it plays out but I do think credit should be given where its due. She is spending time with the kids, she is taking care of her physical and mental health at the moment.
We know she has a regular sitter and I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t pull a “secret Mimi” on these outings.

I just think it’s funny that Ellie is getting praise for taking safe of herself, while Bonnie got shit on for months about it even pre-surgery. Few people praised her for taking care of herself. It seems like it comes down to vanity, and whether the YTer is putting money into their looks.

An hour or two away from your children, whether it’s to sort photos/watch tv or to have your hair done is the same time away. One isn’t worse because it involves time and money, unless the money is somehow costing the children something.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What did Bonnie do to take care of herself? When did Bonnie talk about taking care of her body and her mental health? I for one praised Bonnie on having a trainer come to her home, other then those short few weeks what did Bonnie do? I'll say again, there is a difference in taking care of yourself and being self centered. Both of these girls have shown self centered tendencies for sure.

You cant hate on Ellie for getting too skinny and not taking care of her body and then turn around and hate on Ellie for admitting she is worried about getting too skinny and she is taking action to prevent that from happening...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:What did Bonnie do to take care of herself? When did Bonnie talk about taking care of her body and her mental health? I for one praised Bonnie on having a trainer come to her home, other then those short few weeks what did Bonnie do? I'll say again, there is a difference in taking care of yourself and being self centered. Both of these girls have shown self centered tendencies for sure.

You cant hate on Ellie for getting too skinny and not taking care of her body and then turn around and hate on Ellie for admitting she is worried about getting too skinny and she is taking action to prevent that from happening...
Um. I don’t hate on her at all for working on her health. Unless this journey to Ralph and happiness leads her to the realization that she should stop having kids, I absolutely am going to judge her for wanting to TTC though. She has all the information she needs to know what she can and can’t handle. She can’t handle the three kids she has now without help. She has admitted Jackson plays with the babysitter down the street, and her painter friend picked him up the other day because she was struggling. This isn’t new. When has Ellie NOT struggled with the kids she has? She may have a good day here and here, but there are far more bad days than good. She hasn’t had a handle on things since Calvin came along. We all talk about the safety issues with the Hoellein, but let’s be real they are just as bad with the Mechams. Jared is just a lot more careful about what he puts in the vlog than Bonnie and Joel are.

Where our opinions differ I suppose is intent. I don’t feel Ellie’s intent is truly just to feel better. I think she’s going to TTC and start the whole hibernation/anxiety trend over again. Tommy will again become Jackson’s responsibility. Others are more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She’s very transparent though, so if she isn’t ttc soon, it will be fairly obvious. If she’s had her act together more than a couple days, then I will start to give her credit. A few outings does not make her a different person than the one I’ve watched for years though.

What I will give her credit for is the hustle. Their views started to decline and she’s clearly made a point of trying to return to how they used to be. That’s what she should be doing, but far more than I expected her to do.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Some of the comments under their vlog made me chuckle. They were commenting about how not breastfeeding would take some of the load off her. I'm like that's all that Ellie is totally responsible for unless she pumped and Jared gave a bottle to Tommy. I think like you that we will be getting a birth announcement soon.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I hope that was a sponsorship and they Jared didn’t actually spend $700 on a dog crate just because it was “smart.”

That crate looks like a total gimmick to me. He shouldn’t need to see what she’s doing in the crate, since she can’t exactly move around or do anything but rest.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I do feel bad for Ellie for one thing. She wouldn’t feel the need to justify not nursing Tommy so bad if she wasn’t so sanctimonious about it in the first place.

My opinion earlier may not have been clear. I don’t think Ellie is a good mom, but it has nothing to do with her decision to bottle feed. Breastfeeding or formula feeding isn’t a factor at all in the equation of if you are a good parent or not for me.

I do think Jared forced Ellie’s hand in telling by mentioning that HE was going to feed Tommy while she was out. I also think he felt the need to interject that they had lots of frozen milk in the freezer, because HE worried they were going to face criticism for their choice. At that point she had said they would be trying bottles (implying it was formula) and I found Jared’s comment less than supportive and encouraging. I do think he forces things on to her more than he should because of their image.

I definitely don’t envy her marriage.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”