Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by dahell »

Eagleroo wrote:I think it’s a Jamerrill thing. She often refers to her kids as “Mr. Benjamin,” “Miss Amelia,” etc.
True. You’re right. For some reason “miss” doesn’t bug me as much. And “mr” for the little guys is ok I guess. I don’t like it for her husband and I don’t know why.
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

dahell wrote:
Eagleroo wrote:I think it’s a Jamerrill thing. She often refers to her kids as “Mr. Benjamin,” “Miss Amelia,” etc.
True. You’re right. For some reason “miss” doesn’t bug me as much. And “mr” for the little guys is ok I guess. I don’t like it for her husband and I don’t know why.
Does it seem impersonal, maybe? Like why not call him something endearing since they're married? I had that vibe too and that's what I decided must be it for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Classie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Classie »

I was shocked when she had Ben. She seems old for newborns.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Around here it's common in these large families for mom to be having her last baby or two when the oldest is married and having kids. So Aunts and Uncles play with their nieces and nephews like cousins.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Hello fresh sponsored video.. Looks like shes cooking at midnight

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if it's the only time where it's quiet for her to do the video.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Personally, I thought she looked pregnant in that California blog. That shirt was doing her no favors!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

This is kind of petty but her editing has been crap lately. All those jump cuts. I’m not saying it has to be professional and polished but they’ve been ending so abruptly. Her “porch chats” used to be better than what she’s doing now.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

dahell wrote:This is kind of petty but her editing has been crap lately. All those jump cuts. I’m not saying it has to be professional and polished but they’ve been ending so abruptly. Her “porch chats” used to be better than what she’s doing now.

Agreed. Her son is editing for her.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

dahell wrote:This is kind of petty but her editing has been crap lately. All those jump cuts. I’m not saying it has to be professional and polished but they’ve been ending so abruptly. Her “porch chats” used to be better than what she’s doing now.
She’s trying way to hard to be a successful or professional YouTuber imo ... what made her videos good in the first place was the humbleness and relatability. Now it just seems like she’s marking off a checklist on how to make money from YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I just cant with her these days. She was one of the first youtubers I found years ago when we started homeschooling. She had like 25k.. Maybe less subscribers. I feel that the money has made her so uselesd. Buys so much crap she wouldn't have bought years ago.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It seems like most videos are to promote either a sponsor or her recipe\shopping list things she sells.

I expected some of it with the rebrand but yeah. Didn't she say her son now edits her videos?
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Interesting...I feel the opposite! I don’t watch all the videos though so I definitely could not be getting a full picture. I liked her video where she showed exactly how they eat all the food and leftovers in a week. We always see her buying a cooking a million things but not how it’s actually used so that was interesting to me. I always found her recording to be choppy but figured it had to do with her trying to cook 20 meals and record at the same time. I’ve seen lots of comments saying the editing is nice now that the son is doing it. The endings can be a little abrupt but overall the voiceovers with lots of different mixing shots were nicely done in my opinion. I guess her porch chats were never really my thing. She said in a comment she’s done less homeschool and other stuff because the large family food content is what performs really well.

heygurlhey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by heygurlhey »

she has put her face on every single thumbnail for her last 20 videos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

heygurlhey wrote:she has put her face on every single thumbnail for her last 20 videos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
He’d photoshopped face

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Do all large families really make a big deal about food all the time or is this the new new rebranding. I think she changed her Facebook name again.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

she had a new vlog channel now. the food stuff will be separate.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:she had a new vlog channel now. the food stuff will be separate.
Again?! I thought she did that with “Large Family Table”. Separated them and then combined them again?
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Tiger27 wrote:
Interesting...I feel the opposite! I don’t watch all the videos though so I definitely could not be getting a full picture. I liked her video where she showed exactly how they eat all the food and leftovers in a week. We always see her buying a cooking a million things but not how it’s actually used so that was interesting to me. I always found her recording to be choppy but figured it had to do with her trying to cook 20 meals and record at the same time. I’ve seen lots of comments saying the editing is nice now that the son is doing it. The endings can be a little abrupt but overall the voiceovers with lots of different mixing shots were nicely done in my opinion. I guess her porch chats were never really my thing. She said in a comment she’s done less homeschool and other stuff because the large family food content is what performs really well.

You know, maybe that’s the difference. Maybe her “action” videos are better but it’s her sit-downs that feel clunky. I don’t like it at all. Sit-downs are my favorite. I can’t take too many “family vlog” type stuff from any YT’er. Not offense meant, it’s just I have my own kids and family and I don’t prefer to watch other peoples. I like the conversational feel to a sit down or just the moms talking to the camera. So that’s probably why I’ve paid particular attention to those. I’ve seen people with far less YT experience put out much nicer videos. Again, I’m not super into commercial looking, excessively polished videos. I just think some of them were nicer before.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

onbreak wrote:I just cant with her these days. She was one of the first youtubers I found years ago when we started homeschooling. She had like 25k.. Maybe less subscribers. I feel that the money has made her so uselesd. Buys so much crap she wouldn't have bought years ago.

She definitely seems to buy a lot of junk imo.

Return to “I-P”