Samika Part 3

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I’ve always found Sam the more natural vlogger and more entertaining to watch. Nothing against Jen but she can be a bit boring and ramble a lot. So I’ve seen a huge decline in their vlogs and I’m barely watching half of what they post now. It’s a real shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... e6230c.jpg[/img]

Six months!? In my head I’ve been telling myself he’s around four months. Guess I told myself that for too long lol. He really is a perfect mix of Noah and PJ!

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Noah is a very smart little boy and I'm not trying to say he isn't, but I wish Jen would understand he's sight reading & reciting his numbers right now. It's a memorization thing where they'll recognize words or the dots as numbers, but aren't actually doing the process of sounding out words or understanding it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

SunnySide0 wrote:I’ve always found Sam the more natural vlogger and more entertaining to watch. Nothing against Jen but she can be a bit boring and ramble a lot. So I’ve seen a huge decline in their vlogs and I’m barely watching half of what they post now. It’s a real shame.

Like walking around saying "gobble gobble" 85 times and making everyone else say it too?
I did enjoy watching her and her grandma cooking.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
gatorade
Talker
Talker

Samika Part 3

Unread post by gatorade »

did they ever say what erza's middle name is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Samika Part 3

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... b17791.jpg[/img]

I say this every year about her getting older but I can’t believe PJ is going to be three in just four months. I feel like she just turned two! Out of all the YT kids I feel like she’s been growing up the quickest, but that could be because she’s on the younger side out of all the kids of the families that I watch and 2-3 is such a developmental year. I hope they’re enriching her and not looking over her in stereotypical middle child fashion. But they’ve said Ezra has been a super easy baby so I hope he hasn’t diverted too much attention from PJ. She seems understimulated or at the very least frustrated sometimes. Just a crazy personality (in a good way!)

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gatorade wrote:did they ever say what erza's middle name is?

Owen!

gatorade
Talker
Talker

littlebaby wrote:

Owen!

when did they say it? i must of missed it Image

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gatorade wrote:
littlebaby wrote:

Owen!

I’m actually not sure if they’ve ever said it in a video but I first saw it in the Instagram post right after he was born.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 018ded.jpg[/img]

gatorade
Talker
Talker

littlebaby wrote:
gatorade wrote:
littlebaby wrote: Owen!

I’m actually not sure if they’ve ever said it in a video but I first saw it in the Instagram post right after he was born.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 018ded.jpg[/img]

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

The Vlogmas vlogs have been an improvement. I wonder why they don't vlog like this all the time??!

I did catch something. They went to the LDS charity vending machines to "give," but I noticed the machine said they had a $210 CREDIT! The church must give influencers like Sam and Jen gift cards to show off ways the church gives back. Sure, it's still nice of them to do it, but I really don't think they spent any of their own money.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:The Vlogmas vlogs have been an improvement. I wonder why they don't vlog like this all the time??!

I did catch something. They went to the LDS charity vending machines to "give," but I noticed the machine said they had a $210 CREDIT! The church must give influencers like Sam and Jen gift cards to show off ways the church gives back. Sure, it's still nice of them to do it, but I really don't think they spent any of their own money.
I saw the credit too, but was that there before PJ messed up, and Sam accidentally made the goat go away? Because he says he wanted to get the goat "back".. It looked like when he was deleting PJ'S choice, he accidentally deleted the goat too. I could be wrong. Not going to watch again to see.
Although, it could be true that they were given a credit by the church.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I assumed it had a credit because that's how much money they'd put into the machine. That's how it works when I buy lottery tickets.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Lovethesnark wrote:I assumed it had a credit because that's how much money they'd put into the machine. That's how it works when I buy lottery tickets.
This is what i assumed too, i've used those vending machines in the mall that sell Proactive and stuff like that and thats exactly how they read as well. Idk how it would work if they had "credit" on the machine already, it didn't seem like something you would log into an account like an ATM, it looks like any regular vending machine. They put $210 in that machine. It's terrible that people want to discount things like this with silly assumptions. Learn how a vending machine works. :roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:The Vlogmas vlogs have been an improvement. I wonder why they don't vlog like this all the time??!

I saw the credit too, but was that there before PJ messed up, and Sam accidentally made the goat go away? Because he says he wanted to get the goat "back".. It looked like when he was deleting PJ'S choice, he accidentally deleted the goat too. I could be wrong. Not going to watch again to see.

PJ hit the one of the numbers for the goat's "code" twice so he had to delete her entry and go back and enter it again. At that point they had already spent $75 of the $210. They put the amount they want to spend in first, giving them credit, then it adds up everything and you total it out at the end. You have to out money in before it will allow you to make selections so it doesn't drop things you didn't have credit for.

I actually like the idea of a charity vending machine. I've never seen one (seen machines identical to that one, but it was selling actual products, not donations) like that before and it's kinda cool to have something visual like that, especially for the the kids! I had to laugh at Noah when Jen picked the baby resuscitation kit.. "mom did you give a baby???" :lol:
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

PJ hit the one of the numbers for the goat's "code" twice so he had to delete her entry and go back and enter it again. At that point they had already spent $75 of the $210. They put the amount they want to spend in first, giving them credit, then it adds up everything and you total it out at the end. You have to out money in before it will allow you to make selections so it doesn't drop things you didn't have credit for.

I actually like the idea of a charity vending machine. I've never seen one (seen machines identical to that one, but it was selling actual products, not donations) like that before and it's kinda cool to have something visual like that, especially for the the kids! I had to laugh at Noah when Jen picked the baby resuscitation kit.. "mom did you give a baby???" :lol:
He said they check out/pay at the end, so it really was some sort of gift card/credit. When they bought the water bottles a bit later the credit was $0, so they must have paid for those on their own.

The vending machines are a weird idea in my opinion. Sure, it's easy and fast, but it seems to make charity look cheap and too much work to actually do more than a vending machine. Plus, I'm sure most of the money goes to Mormon charities. Why not shop for Toys for Tots and take the kids to donate the actual gifts. Or pick a needy child's wish lift from a "giving tree"? I don't think they kids had a CLUE what they were doing - it was for the vlog.

Sam and Jen aren't bad people. I just think they were "paid" to promote this Mormon charity thing. Other LDS vloggers have done the same for Light the World.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Another LDS YT family using the machines in SLC also had a $210 credit.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:Another LDS YT family using the machines in SLC also had a $210 credit.
What channel was this?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:Another LDS YT family using the machines in SLC also had a $210 credit.
What channel was this?

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I saw the credit too, but was that there before PJ messed up, and Sam accidentally made the goat go away? Because he says he wanted to get the goat "back".. It looked like when he was deleting PJ'S choice, he accidentally deleted the goat too. I could be wrong. Not going to watch again to see.

He said they check out/pay at the end, so it really was some sort of gift card/credit. When they bought the water bottles a bit later the credit was $0, so they must have paid for those on their own.

The vending machines are a weird idea in my opinion. Sure, it's easy and fast, but it seems to make charity look cheap and too much work to actually do more than a vending machine. Plus, I'm sure most of the money goes to Mormon charities. Why not shop for Toys for Tots and take the kids to donate the actual gifts. Or pick a needy child's wish lift from a "giving tree"? I don't think they kids had a CLUE what they were doing - it was for the vlog.

Sam and Jen aren't bad people. I just think they were "paid" to promote this Mormon charity thing. Other LDS vloggers have done the same for Light the World.
I'm just talking from experience with a machine identical to that one, that it worked the exact same way with me. Who knows, i think it's a weird thing for the church to give them money for a donation. I don't see the point of it. either way, if the things they bought go to someone in need then it was a great thing to do.

They are doing more than just this vending machine. Have you watched the vlog where Sam is talking about the toy drive for Rocky Point? It's something that (i think) Monica and Elliott are heading up. Sam (and maybe Noah, he hasn't decided yet) is going to Mexico to hand out the toys to needy kids down there. I bought several things off their Amazon wish list last night. Personally I don't care that the charity work they do is connected to the Mormon church. I might not agree with some of the things that go along with that church, but if kids are getting toys that they would have never been able to have otherwise and will bring them more happiness than we would ever know, i don't care who is passing them out. Charity is charity and i can't judge someone for giving back though their religion of choice. As long as it's legit, they are spreading love and light, and that's what matters.

Return to “Q-Z”