landonsmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OKAnotherDayAnotherDelay | Part 25

Unread post by landonsmommy »

DANGER wrote:
sunshinetexas wrote:It broke my heart to see Alaya crying like that. Reminds me of how my husband is extremely hard on my daughter. You can tell he got really mad at her hence why she cried and hugged her mom. Kyra looked really sad too. I know it’s tough to be the bad guy and parent our children but Oscar went a little too far by grabbing her hands like that and telling her to calm down. She’s just a child and she doesn’t understand that it’s time for bed or whatever. Poor alaya. I felt for her.
I’m so mean but kids crying like that over stupid things (to me, obviously) just irks me. She had to put her blocks away and then go to bed. There’s no reason to throw a fit like that.

My daughter was never like that (maybe because I never put up with it?) but I have a niece that is and I can’t stand it. Image
She’s a 1 year old lol they aren’t the most rational and reasonable people..my son is almost exactly her age and has similar meltdowns here and there.
Editing to add that he literally had one about 4 minutes after I posted this cause he couldn’t shut himself into the tv stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DANGER
Talker
Talker

Re: OKAnotherDayAnotherDelay | Part 25

Unread post by DANGER »

Ilovecats wrote:
DANGER wrote:
sunshinetexas wrote:It broke my heart to see Alaya crying like that. Reminds me of how my husband is extremely hard on my daughter. You can tell he got really mad at her hence why she cried and hugged her mom. Kyra looked really sad too. I know it’s tough to be the bad guy and parent our children but Oscar went a little too far by grabbing her hands like that and telling her to calm down. She’s just a child and she doesn’t understand that it’s time for bed or whatever. Poor alaya. I felt for her.
I’m so mean but kids crying like that over stupid things (to me, obviously) just irks me. She had to put her blocks away and then go to bed. There’s no reason to throw a fit like that.

My daughter was never like that (maybe because I never put up with it?) but I have a niece that is and I can’t stand it. Image
But to kids that is a big deal. They don't know how to handle their emotions. Most kids are like that. Hell, tons of adults Ive seen throw a fit when they don't get their way. Image It's completely normal and they should comfort her and teach her how she should properly express her disappointment and it will cut down on the fits

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

That’s EXACTLY why I said it’s not a big deal TO ME.

She’s almost 2. You’d be amazed at what a child her age can comprehend.

Also, I think 90% of her fits are because she’s spoiled and has learnt that’s how you get your way. Which furthers my annoyance.

I’m just a hard ass parent and that’s all it is.
Jwinner_

Unread post by Jwinner_ »

I think it’s natural for kids to express themselves whether it’s anger or crying. When I saw Alaya crying because she doesn’t want to clean, it’s only her emotions she’s having. I think Oscar did a good job being assertive and firm to teach her to calm down and listen. I can telling Kyra is trying her best but she feels bad for Alaya too. Yes Oscar can be intimidating at times, but that’s called being a good parent. Parenting is not always all rainbows and unicorns, it takes work and consistency to get through the hard parts.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

Throwing fits is completely normal at 2.
It’s when they know what they want, they just don’t know how to get it or vocalise their needs properly.

She wasn’t even that bad in what we saw. Especially when you think Kyra said they’d had a shit night before hand and the fact it was bed time. Well, it wasn’t bad until Oscar grabbed her hands and she was sobbing.

In my opinion, Oscar seems like he’s more suited to older kids. Ones that can talk and be able to take care of themselves a bit. He doesn’t seem to have the patience for typical toddler things.
oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

Kyra acted like a spoiled brat in the latest vlog when Oscar wanted her to declutter her crap. It is a family home and he should be able to have space as well and not have to weave around her piles of crap all the time. She is clearly a spender as well she just doesn't show it on the vlog as much. The half eaten apples all over the house is just gross. How hard is it to throw that shit in the trash and stop letting Levi take them to bed which is a choking hazard as well. Her aggressiveness was off-putting as well. I will never understand the need for exuberant amount of material shit.
Leena_x
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Leena_x »

oldschoolmom39 wrote:Kyra acted like a spoiled brat in the latest vlog when Oscar wanted her to declutter her crap. It is a family home and he should be able to have space as well and not have to weave around her piles of crap all the time. She is clearly a spender as well she just doesn't show it on the vlog as much. The half eaten apples all over the house is just gross. How hard is it to throw that shit in the trash and stop letting Levi take them to bed which is a choking hazard as well. Her aggressiveness was off-putting as well. I will never understand the need for exuberant amount of material shit.
Honestly, I’d be stressed and upset as well. ImageImage We’ve established that Oscar is really controlling so I’m sure he was not the nicest about everything.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

The half eaten apples annoyed me. Not only is it gross but it is wasteful. She should cut up fruit during the day for them and put it in a bowl. They need to sit and eat it at the table.

Also, I could see from the bathroom and her closet alone that it was a lot of clutter! But I also didn’t like how Oscar just stood around and complained. Then he left to go rock climbing.

Before anyone says that it is her mess and that she should be the one to clean it, I mean that I think it would have been beneficial to work together and tackle decluttering the entire house and garage.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

daisy1000 wrote:The half eaten apples annoyed me. Not only is it gross but it is wasteful. She should cut up fruit during the day for them and put it in a bowl. They need to sit and eat it at the table.

Also, I could see from the bathroom and her closet alone that it was a lot of clutter! But I also didn’t like how Oscar just stood around and complained. Then he left to go rock climbing.

Before anyone says that it is her mess and that she should be the one to clean it, I mean that I think it would have been beneficial to work together and tackle decluttering the entire house and garage.
Their garage drives me nuts, it’s always such a mess. It’s a huge garage and they leave their two brand new vehicles outside in the weather. I don’t understand how they can’t seem to keep the garage clean enough to put their cars in there. And they spent so much money having those roof shelves installed.

Jwinner_

Unread post by Jwinner_ »

[quote="staceybrax"][quote="daisy1000"]The half eaten apples annoyed me. Not only is it gross but it is wasteful. She should cut up fruit during the day for them and put it in a bowl. They need to sit and eat it at the table.

Before anyone says that it is her mess and that she should be the one to clean it, I mean that I think it would have been beneficial to work together and tackle decluttering the entire house and garage.[/quote]

Their garage drives me nuts, it’s always such a mess. It’s a huge garage and they leave their two brand new vehicles outside in the weather. I don’t understand how they can’t seem to keep the garage clean enough to put their cars in there. And they spent so much money having those roof shelves installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I have to agree with the bathroom and closet. The closet drove me nuts since Kyra’s stuff is all over the place while Oscar doesn’t have enough because of her stupid clothes and stuff she doesn’t even use. She is definitely a hoarder.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

staceybrax wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:The half eaten apples annoyed me. Not only is it gross but it is wasteful. She should cut up fruit during the day for them and put it in a bowl. They need to sit and eat it at the table.

I don’t understand why they pay a fortune for new cars and then leave them out in the street. I mean, where they are seems like a nice area. But that would make them a target for break ins and stuff since people know the residents would be well off.

MessssFam is the same. But her garage is wall to wall crap. OK at least have some space they could fit a car.

ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Jwinner_ wrote:I think it’s natural for kids to express themselves whether it’s anger or crying. When I saw Alaya crying because she doesn’t want to clean, it’s only her emotions she’s having. I think Oscar did a good job being assertive and firm to teach her to calm down and listen. I can telling Kyra is trying her best but she feels bad for Alaya too. Yes Oscar can be intimidating at times, but that’s called being a good parent. Parenting is not always all rainbows and unicorns, it takes work and consistency to get through the hard parts.
I agree.
I happen to think he did a good job here. He was firm but not mean, held her hands to most likely stop her from hitting him or get her attention. And she did stop crying.
Kyra is a softie when it comes to parenting, she needs to step up before her kids start stepping all over her.
KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

Did Kyra really say they're already getting a new couch again? Who goes through 3 couches in a year? That's how many couches I've had in my whole 30 years of life! :lol:
shadylady
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shadylady »

kyra liked this[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 903652.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Just saw the new vlog and Kyra was being such a brat the whole time. She spends so much money on clothes only to end up donating half of it with the tags still on.. Such a waste of money.

No wonder she says nothing about Oscar spending a small fortune skydiving since she's spending so much money on useless stuff herself.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

shadylady wrote:kyra liked this

Now I'm curious. I bet this is about her mom. Doubt she'll ever talk about it though
landonsmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by landonsmommy »

shadylady wrote:kyra liked this[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 903652.jpg[/img]

As someone who has a great relationship with both of my parents, I feel bad for her. I can’t imagine being so disconnected.

wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

Sometimes I feel like I watch a completely different vlog than others when I read some comments lol
Not trying to be rude to you at all because you're totally entitled to your own feelings about something but Alaya crying like that had nothing to do with her not understanding it was bedtime and Oscar being mad at her for it. You could see she was having a mini meltdown because she couldn't get the blocks stacked properly and she was clearly very tired (which is usually why toddlers have meltdowns over anyyyy little thing that happens) My daughter is the exact same when she's tired. I usually use her meltdowns/attitudes as an indicator that its time for a nap/bed.
Also, the hand grabbing wasn't aggressive in the slightest. I think he was just trying to get her to listen to him to try to get her to calm down.
Swedishgirlses
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Swedishgirlses »

wolflily23 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I watch a completely different vlog than others when I read some comments lol
Not trying to be rude to you at all because you're totally entitled to your own feelings about something but Alaya crying like that had nothing to do with her not understanding it was bedtime and Oscar being mad at her for it. You could see she was having a mini meltdown because she couldn't get the blocks stacked properly and she was clearly very tired (which is usually why toddlers have meltdowns over anyyyy little thing that happens) My daughter is the exact same when she's tired. I usually use her meltdowns/attitudes as an indicator that its time for a nap/bed.
Also, the hand grabbing wasn't aggressive in the slightest. I think he was just trying to get her to listen to him to try to get her to calm down.
Totally agree. It's good for kids to be face to face and be talked to with eye contact. There was nothing aggressive with the way oscar held Alaya. He may be hard other times but this was not that one time. Kids cry and throw tantrums.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk
remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... a815cf.jpg[/img]

This is so random but does anyone know what this thing is in the middle of the garage that looks like a person? It was in the vlog the other day and at first I thought it was Kyra but then the camera immediately turned around and showed her in the doorway. It just looks like a human and I have to know what it is and why it’s just a huge figure in the middle of their garage.

ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

mem3896 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... a815cf.jpg[/img]

This is so random but does anyone know what this thing is in the middle of the garage that looks like a person? It was in the vlog the other day and at first I thought it was Kyra but then the camera immediately turned around and showed her in the doorway. It just looks like a human and I have to know what it is and why it’s just a huge figure in the middle of their garage.

isn’t that the piñata from the gender reveal? lol

Return to “OKBaby”