8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lolislol26 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote: I feel like it’s like that because Ruby can’t control other kids or their parents. If she makes her kids each others only friends she thinks that none of them will stray away from the LDS and the family but in reality she is driving them further away from each other.
It's not just that. It's the way she was raised too. They were told they didn't need friends because they had each other. And the way Jennifer raised them is the only way to raise children, so Ruby is carrying the dysfunction on to the next generation (as are her sisters)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Exactly, it’s history repeating itself. Look at Ruby and her siblings; they all fight for attention and whose better. That’s not normal nor healthy for siblings. My in laws are like that, too. Now my husband and his siblings are grown up and in different stages of their lives and don’t have anything in common but also don’t have a ton of friends.
I am happy to say my brothers are not my best friends!
My sister is one of my best friends, but it just happened that way. Nobody told us we _had_ to be best friends, and we definitely have other friends we're close to.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

Everything about this vlog was appalling. The kids' behaviour was revolting. I can't believe Ruby was okay with publishing it. I almost (I say almost) feel bad for Chad because with any luck he'll look back on this video and be mortified at the way he acted. Family vlogging gets grosser and grosser by the day.
f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

lmmomSD wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:
Ckc717 wrote: Siblings don’t have to be best friends. It seems like she forces the girls to be best friends and the boys to be best friends with each other. She has said before about how her daughters will be each other’s best friends for life like they don’t even have a choice. It seems like they aren’t even encouraged to have outside friends besides their siblings and cousins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I feel like it’s like that because Ruby can’t control other kids or their parents. If she makes her kids each others only friends she thinks that none of them will stray away from the LDS and the family but in reality she is driving them further away from each other.
It's not just that. It's the way she was raised too. They were told they didn't need friends because they had each other. And the way Jennifer raised them is the only way to raise children, so Ruby is carrying the dysfunction on to the next generation (as are her sisters)

Sorry for the long quote tree, but wanted to add I think of all the sisters Ruby seems to enforce the sibling BFF thing the most with her kids( yes she has way more and older children but still...), when she (to me) seems like the black sheep sibling of the bunch. Ie: Out of the loop /inside jokes, & just not as "close" as E&B(disfunctional as that is). I'd blame it on distance, but I feel like Julie was still more in the sibling "in crowd" even when out of state. It's interesting to me that she doesn't seem too close to Beau. They are close in age and live close-ish to each other, but I feel like the other siblings, well the old Bonnie at least, interacts with him way more frequently and naturally. It's kind of fascinating from a social psychology perspective until I remember these are real people repeating the cycle in a new generation. Hopfully I've misinterpreted some of my observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lauralou_15
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lauralou_15 »

Maybe Beau finds the relationship awkward after Ruby admitted to having a crush on him when they were younger. (Excuse me while I barf)
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Lauralou_15 wrote:Maybe Beau finds the relationship awkward after Ruby admitted to having a crush on him when they were younger. (Excuse me while I barf)
Oh goodness! Didn’t Beaus wife recently invite all of the girls to a tea party?

xoxocharlie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xoxocharlie »

So I was watching Shari's new video that she made with Abby about periods. Abby apparently started her periods 4 months ago and I was surprised Ruby didn't make it a big deal. If you look up: '8 passengers' on YT the third thing that comes up is: '8 passengers period'. Ruby could've easily made a vlog about this and probably have a lot of views, but she didn't. Kinda surprised.
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

xoxocharlie wrote:So I was watching Shari's new video that she made with Abby about periods. Abby apparently started her periods 4 months ago and I was surprised Ruby didn't make it a big deal. If you look up: '8 passengers' on YT the third thing that comes up is: '8 passengers period'. Ruby could've easily made a vlog about this and probably have a lot of views, but she didn't. Kinda surprised.
Yeah, it hasn't been mentioned at all until today's vlog from Shari, at least to my knowledge. I suspected it, because I couldn't help notice she was 'developing' more the last couple of months and recalling it mentioned somewhere that Shari got hers around the same age. At the same time I was like, "But no, because surely Ruby would've made some big vlog (or two or five) about it by now." So I imagine Abby made it clear to mom that she didn't want it talked about publicly before now. Whatever the deal was, I give credit to Ruby for respecting Abby's apparent wishes on the issue.

I think she just needed some time to process it all before she felt comfortable enough to even talk about it on Shari's smaller vlog, and now that she has, she'll feel a more open about it on Ruby's channel (not that I think she should have to be open about it publicly). I wouldn't be surprised if there's another period vlog with Abby on the 8 Passengers channel pretty soon. But kudos to Ruby for not making a thing out of it and putting up some "OMG PERIOD" video the day it happened where Abby is obviously super uncomfortable.

Also, this shared 'bond' will probably bring Shari and Abby closer than they already are from sharing a room and get her more attention/interest from Ruby. I just hope Julie doesn't get even more 'lost in the shuffle' as the middle kid of the family over the next couple of years, until she starts to mature more herself.
f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

Let's be real, she probably filmed it, Ruby has no shame . Her filming time line is so out of order as is, she's probably waiting for the perfect time to exploit it for views, maybe in the post holiday void? I hope I'm wrong.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Lolislol26 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:I also have to say, Kevin creeps me out. I feel like he tries to dress too hip for his age on the job..like he’s trying to be hot teacher for the young female students. Eww
Really? I like the way he dresses! He always looks nice and presentable while Ruby and the kids look like they got hit by a bus.
Kevin dresses nice, especially in his causal off work cloths.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Her IG. Making the kids all sit down on the kitchen floor like dogs while she handed out ginger cookies. Guess they are going to watch the banana bread bake in the oven then have it for dinner with milk. Wow!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Is it normal to have your eyebrows to be darker than your hair? Really actually curious.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Catface2 wrote:Her IG. Making the kids all sit down on the kitchen floor like dogs while she handed out ginger cookies. Guess they are going to watch the banana bread bake in the oven then have it for dinner with milk. Wow!
Oops...I meant to be on Bonnie’s page! Lol
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Baconsgirl wrote:Is it normal to have your eyebrows to be darker than your hair? Really actually curious.

For blondes, yes...my natural eyebrow color is what I’d describe as clear. You literally can’t see it and I look quite scary without filling them in. That’s the one piece of makeup I ALWAYS do. Most blondes fill them in quite a few shades darker than their actual hair color. Please note the girl who doesn’t have hers filled in dark... [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... eaa027.jpg[/img]

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Also, just saw her insta stories, she just got her eyebrows microbladed so they are extra dark, if that happened to be what you were referring to.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Tiger27 wrote:Also, just saw her insta stories, she just got her eyebrows microbladed so they are extra dark, if that happened to be what you were referring to.

Yes! Thank you for explaining that. I think they look odd, but if that’s the style then, ok!

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Baconsgirl wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:Also, just saw her insta stories, she just got her eyebrows microbladed so they are extra dark, if that happened to be what you were referring to.

Yes! Thank you for explaining that. I think they look odd, but if that’s the style then, ok!

Hers should lighten up by about half in a few weeks...microblading always looks super harsh at first. But yes, most blondes go quite a few shades darker! I started off filling mine in quite light but I like bolder brows now lol. I scare myself in the mirror when I don’t have them “on” lol. I got mine microbladed and unfortunately my sensitive skin didn’t accept the pigment very well and I didn’t get great results after a few months..I was hoping I wouldn’t have to fill them in on a regular basis. But I was left with a really great outline that I use for filling them in with the perfect shape every time. I know we don’t have a close up of Ruby’s but comparing them to the photos from the woman who did mine (who I did a lot of research in picking someone top notch), hers look so heavy handed and solid and not like the pretty individual strokes you’re supposed to have with microblading. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 69d154.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 2b88cf.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 2f5905.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tiger27 wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:

Hers should lighten up by about half in a few weeks...microblading always looks super harsh at first. But yes, most blondes go quite a few shades darker! I started off filling mine in quite light but I like bolder brows now lol. I scare myself in the mirror when I don’t have them “on” lol. I got mine microbladed and unfortunately my sensitive skin didn’t accept the pigment very well and I didn’t get great results after a few months..I was hoping I wouldn’t have to fill them in on a regular basis. But I was left with a really great outline that I use for filling them in with the perfect shape every time. I know we don’t have a close up of Ruby’s but comparing them to the photos from the woman who did mine (who I did a lot of research in picking someone top notch), hers look so heavy handed and solid and not like the pretty individual strokes you’re supposed to have with microblading. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 69d154.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 2b88cf.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 2f5905.jpg[/img]

She looks like Trunchbul from "Matilda"

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... a67eef.jpg[/img]
aburger87
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aburger87 »

Yeah they’re just micro bladed, they won’t stay like that

pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

Mine looked the same at the beginning after micro blade and I'm also a blonde and now 2 months later they're lighter and look great, so I think hers will be fine as well
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

Looks like Russell had a fun day with Kevin! Good for him. And he seems like a such nice little boy when he doesn't have to fight for attention over his siblings.

Return to “8 Passengers”