Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HAYLEE AND BABY- PART #4

Unread post by dexjuno »

Lucky-one wrote:
Classie wrote:
dexjuno wrote:Lol this thread is becoming a pattern of someone making a casual comment and then someone else reading it wrong and jumping on them with presumptous rambling about a misunderstanding. Can y’all chill
LOL i also thought you got jumped on a bit harsh and assumed the poster has a concept
i agree that they baby her sooooooooo much. i'm also so sick of haylee constantly telling her how beautiful she is. i feel like she's trying to build up her confidence but if you're constantly told how beautiful you are and that is such a focus, that could actually backfire and have a negative effect.
LOL a concept?
I'm pretty sure they meant complex cause you got really upset and missed the point of those books being too easy for Hazzel in particular. Maybe I should have used the 24 piece puzzle as an example instead. If a 6 year old actually needed the ones made for 3 year olds then fine, but Hazzel is bright and I'm sure she could easily do the age appropriate 100 pieces if she had them.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

I've never really seen haylee as Hazzels mom. She has always felt like a sister or baby sitter to me. Like in one of the recent videos she was helping her with homework and it felt so awkward. Like haylee doesn't know what she's doing. Idk lol
And I agree, they baby her a lot. She's almost 8?
I think haylee needs to do some serious maturing before she thinks about dating or whatever. First step for her should be living on her own

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cat77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cat77 »

She'll be 7 in May so she's 6 and a half. I've seen a lot of teen moms that are the same type of relaxed pushover that a lot of young girls in general are with children because they "don't want to be mean" to them. I do think Haylee is good with Hazzel but it's hard to imagine her ever having any more kids or anything.
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

Totally agree about the babysitter thing. That's exactly what it is. She's more concerned that Hazzel will like her than actually being mom.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Classie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Classie »

dexjuno wrote: I'm pretty sure they meant complex cause you got really upset and missed the point of those books being too easy for Hazzel in particular. Maybe I should have used the 24 piece puzzle as an example instead. If a 6 year old actually needed the ones made for 3 year olds then fine, but Hazzel is bright and I'm sure she could easily do the age appropriate 100 pieces if she had them.
yes thank you LOL
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

nineteenninety3 wrote:Totally agree about the babysitter thing. That's exactly what it is. She's more concerned that Hazzel will like her than actually being mom.

I think it may come from Haylee not having a lot of friends and not socializing with a ton of people aside of Hazzel. When Randy came into the picture it was Randy, Haylee, and Hazzel basically 24/7. Now that Randy and Haylee separated it is only Haylee and Hazzel. Also, I think that Haylee just doesn’t know how to be a “Mom” fully. Hazzel is a pretty good kid and doesn’t get into trouble so we haven’t had to see her get disinclined a ton. I think it will be interesting once Hazzel starts questioning Haylee’s authority.
In the last video Hazzel wanted a bath with her LOL doll bath bomb but the instructions said something about not putting it in the bath tub. Haylee told Hazzel they could put it in the sink AFTER her bath; Hazzel immediately questions her with an attitude and Haylee just goes along with it. I don’t think we’ll see much of a change until Hazzel hits puberty AND Haylee matures.
If my niece spoke to me that way or rolled her eyes with an attitude because I told her she needed a bath first she would be getting the bath and then going to bed. Forget the activity.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

As an educator, I can tell the kids who's parents are pushovers and the ones that aren't. I can't imagine how hazzel is in school if her mom let's her do what she wants. I have a student who is constantly disobeying because the word "no" has never been spoken to her. I think parents need to realize that their job is to raise their children to be good adults. Not make friends with a 5 year old

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
nineteenninety3

Lolislol26 wrote:
nineteenninety3 wrote:Totally agree about the babysitter thing. That's exactly what it is. She's more concerned that Hazzel will like her than actually being mom.

I think it may come from Haylee not having a lot of friends and not socializing with a ton of people aside of Hazzel. When Randy came into the picture it was Randy, Haylee, and Hazzel basically 24/7. Now that Randy and Haylee separated it is only Haylee and Hazzel. Also, I think that Haylee just doesn’t know how to be a “Mom” fully. Hazzel is a pretty good kid and doesn’t get into trouble so we haven’t had to see her get disinclined a ton. I think it will be interesting once Hazzel starts questioning Haylee’s authority.
In the last video Hazzel wanted a bath with her LOL doll bath bomb but the instructions said something about not putting it in the bath tub. Haylee told Hazzel they could put it in the sink AFTER her bath; Hazzel immediately questions her with an attitude and Haylee just goes along with it. I don’t think we’ll see much of a change until Hazzel hits puberty AND Haylee matures.
If my niece spoke to me that way or rolled her eyes with an attitude because I told her she needed a bath first she would be getting the bath and then going to bed. Forget the activity.
I was rolling my eyes so hard when she let her do it before the bath. Stick to your word or shell just continue the attitude!

I have children myself, I KNOW it sucks having to be the bad guy and telling them no, but you have to sometimes. Parenting is about guiding them to be functional, well rounded adults, not just birthing out BFFs for yourself.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nineteenninety3 wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:

I was rolling my eyes so hard when she let her do it before the bath. Stick to your word or shell just continue the attitude!

I have children myself, I KNOW it sucks having to be the bad guy and telling them no, but you have to sometimes. Parenting is about guiding them to be functional, well rounded adults, not just birthing out BFFs for yourself.

Totally agree! I wonder how Haylee’s parenting and Hazzel’s behavior will continue to change as they’re living with her family. It seems like Haylee’s parenting style (or lack there of) and her parents differ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cat77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cat77 »

I agree that her bad attitude about wanting the toy first and then Haylee instantly giving her her way was very telling. She's spoiling her rotten.
Lucky-one
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lucky-one »

dexjuno wrote:
Lucky-one wrote:
Classie wrote: LOL i also thought you got jumped on a bit harsh and assumed the poster has a concept
i agree that they baby her sooooooooo much. i'm also so sick of haylee constantly telling her how beautiful she is. i feel like she's trying to build up her confidence but if you're constantly told how beautiful you are and that is such a focus, that could actually backfire and have a negative effect.
LOL a concept?
I'm pretty sure they meant complex cause you got really upset and missed the point of those books being too easy for Hazzel in particular. Maybe I should have used the 24 piece puzzle as an example instead. If a 6 year old actually needed the ones made for 3 year olds then fine, but Hazzel is bright and I'm sure she could easily do the age appropriate 100 pieces if she had them.
Well I wasn’t upset at all. You may have read that wrong. My comment to you was wrt your comment about how advanced your kindergartener is in reading (and saying it so casually as if all kindergarteners should be reading at the same level). My comment had zero to do with Haylee or Hazel. And I didn’t miss your point, I only addressed the part of your comment where you bragged about your kindergartener reading level 4 books. I just thought you were being obnoxious, that’s all. LOL.

cat77
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cat77 »

New video where Haylee talks about some of her 29 goals for 2019. One of them is to be a more "professional" youtuber, I'm guessing for the paycheck. I don't love the sound of that for her and hope it doesn't ruin the authenticity she has left. She also wants to make merch.
nineteenninety3

cat77 wrote:New video where Haylee talks about some of her 29 goals for 2019. One of them is to be a more "professional" youtuber, I'm guessing for the paycheck. I don't love the sound of that for her and hope it doesn't ruin the authenticity she has left. She also wants to make merch.
Yeah she mentioned merch, a consistent schedule, and "professional" pictures. I really really hope she's not heading towards YouTube as a full time job because one thing I've always admired is her consistently working outside of YouTube.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nineteenninety3 wrote:
cat77 wrote:New video where Haylee talks about some of her 29 goals for 2019. One of them is to be a more "professional" youtuber, I'm guessing for the paycheck. I don't love the sound of that for her and hope it doesn't ruin the authenticity she has left. She also wants to make merch.
Yeah she mentioned merch, a consistent schedule, and "professional" pictures. I really really hope she's not heading towards YouTube as a full time job because one thing I've always admired is her consistently working outside of YouTube.

The merch really threw me off guard. I’m not sure what her merch would even say.
She could have had the hatchimal in a separate video and have Hazzel narrate it like a tutorial.
Also, to have enough money to live off her a year is going to take a really long time. I’m glad she has goals but I don’t think that seems very realistic.

jellybean
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jellybean »

nineteenninety3 wrote:

She’s probably never going to pull the type of lifestyle she wants for her and Hazzel through a part time unskilled job at the hardware store so it’s probably either vamp up her youtube or find a full time career. I honestly don’t know if she can handle either one. I’m glad she’s starting to get her mental health taken care of and hope she stays on top of it especially if it’s going to be just her and Hazzel on their own. I don’t think it would be the most terrible thing to even stay at her parents a year longer if that’s what she needs to truly get on track mentally, financially and to figure out what she’ll do for her career in the future. I would hate to see something happen and things get worse if she tries forcing and rushing it.
jellybean
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jellybean »

Lolislol26 wrote:The merch really threw me off guard. I’m not sure what her merch would even say.
Same, the only thing I can think of is a dinosaur. Merch feels weird from her though.
Lucky-one
Informer
Informer

Lolislol26 wrote:
nineteenninety3 wrote:

The merch really threw me off guard. I’m not sure what her merch would even say.
She could have had the hatchimal in a separate video and have Hazzel narrate it like a tutorial.
Also, to have enough money to live off her a year is going to take a really long time. I’m glad she has goals but I don’t think that seems very realistic.

Yeah, as much as I like haylee as a YT mom, I hope she is planning for the future. Kids are expensive and Hazel’s wants and needs aren’t going to get cheaper as she gets older. It’s a good thing she has so many supportive family members, but Haylee obviously doesn’t like relying on family for help (unlike some other YT moms lol! I’m looking at you, Vanessa).

The idea for hazel to have her own hatchimal video was a good idea. Haylee seems to be pretty popular, but she doesn’t post many videos lately like she used to.

sssabrina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sssabrina »

I hope that thumbnail of her hunched over dramatically looking off into the distance isn't the start of her more professional youtube career because ew.

I know any work experience is better than none but for all of her adulthood (if you want to call it that) Haylee has mostly just been a stay at home mom who works a couple times a week, which isn't realistic or sustainable for a single parent. If I was her I would be using this time to figure out a long term plan that isn't youtube.
Lucky-one
Informer
Informer

sssabrina wrote:I hope that thumbnail of her hunched over dramatically looking off into the distance isn't the start of her more professional youtube career because ew.

I know any work experience is better than none but for all of her adulthood (if you want to call it that) Haylee has mostly just been a stay at home mom who works a couple times a week, which isn't realistic or sustainable for a single parent. If I was her I would be using this time to figure out a long term plan that isn't youtube.
Accidentally thanked your post. Anyways, how can someone be a sahm AND a working mom? If she works a couple times a week then she is a working mom. Even if it’s part time.

sssabrina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sssabrina »

Lucky-one wrote:
sssabrina wrote:I hope that thumbnail of her hunched over dramatically looking off into the distance isn't the start of her more professional youtube career because ew.

Accidentally thanked your post. Anyways, how can someone be a sahm AND a working mom? If she works a couple times a week then she is a working mom. Even if it’s part time.

The key word is mostly. She used to be (might still be, idk since she never really mentions work anymore) home with Hazzel 5 days a week. That’s a huge luxury, most working moms do the opposite and are only home for 2. Not saying it's a bad thing for her to have done, just saying it would be very hard to live off now as a single parent especially if/when youtube ends.

Return to “HayleeAndFamily”