Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Par

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cat boxes should definitely be scooped daily. Multiple boxes are to five cats options because they may not like to share, it isn’t to buy scooping time so the poop can just sit there.

How bad does that room smell all the time that Katie didn’t immediately notice things had been peed on? Cat pee smell TRAVELS and is hard to ignore, unless you are used to your house smelling like that and no longer notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darlingyep6
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darlingyep6 »

Ew, I bet their house stinks like a hoarder’s paradise with all that cat pee in places other than a litter box.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

HelloSweetie wrote:Cat boxes should definitely be scooped daily. Multiple boxes are to five cats options because they may not like to share, it isn’t to buy scooping time so the poop can just sit there.

How bad does that room smell all the time that Katie didn’t immediately notice things had been peed on? Cat pee smell TRAVELS and is hard to ignore, unless you are used to your house smelling like that and no longer notice it.

I agree, cat piss hits you immediately. The entire room had to smell of cat piss for her not to know it was piss on the bag. I’m sure there was also piss on the clothes she returned too. They probably weren’t wet.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I wonder how many cat shits they uncovered while doing their konmari cleaning crap. Lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Cat boxes should definitely be scooped daily. Multiple boxes are to five cats options because they may not like to share, it isn’t to buy scooping time so the poop can just sit there.

Like that Febreze commercial about being "nose blind"!
Gross.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Just watched Cullen's closet reveal on Katie's channel and it is insane how much stuff these people have! His after of his closet is mine and my husband's clothes combined before I got rid if a lot of stuff. Does anyone else feel like they have way to much stuff or is it just me?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:Just watched Cullen's closet reveal on Katie's channel and it is insane how much stuff these people have! His after of his closet is mine and my husband's clothes combined before I got rid if a lot of stuff. Does anyone else feel like they have way to much stuff or is it just me?
It's definitely not just you. Gaines has more clothes than any preschooler should. Her closet is always overflowing. I know some of it is hand me downs from Kelly, but she still doesn't need a new outfit every week. I think Katie has got pack rat tendencies plus I think she shops to relieve stress.
I am in no position to slam anyone over clutter. I have what we call in my family "flat surface syndrome"-- any flat surface gets covered with mail, my daughter's papers, you name it. But I don't keep shopping and adding to it. When I got my new job, I had to buy "office casual" clothes. Except for a few concert t-shirts, that's the only shopping I have done in years. Katie and Cullen have plenty of stuff. I don't know if it's keeping up with her sister and the other vloggers who have money to burn, or what. But I am betting they are digging a debt hole they are going to take a long time to get out of.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I hope that katie is being for real when she said she is really trying to start a more minimalist lifestyle. I can't say anything about the clutter either, bc my house is terrible. and we are currently trying to turn that around ourselves. I will say this in Katie's favor, she did say in a recent vlog that she has not bought Gaines ANY clothing this whole season bc she was fine with clothing that were hand me downs. Thats a huge step for her if it's true. I know she normally does kids clothing hauls and i honestly haven't seen one in a long time, but she could just be keeping that off the vlog. I know she bought Brooks a new pair of shoes from walmart the other day, but that doesn't bother me much bc kids are so rough on shoes (and feet grow so fast) they need to be replaced often and lots of times you don't get a lot of hand me down shoes. I hope she keeps this trend up and starts redoing the kids closets too. Baby Sophia will probably never have to buy a stitch of clothing if she get's a lot of Gaines stuff! (which i'm sure she will, hopefully the ages/sizes and seasons match up correctly)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:I hope that katie is being for real when she said she is really trying to start a more minimalist lifestyle. I can't say anything about the clutter either, bc my house is terrible. and we are currently trying to turn that around ourselves. I will say this in Katie's favor, she did say in a recent vlog that she has not bought Gaines ANY clothing this whole season bc she was fine with clothing that were hand me downs. Thats a huge step for her if it's true. I know she normally does kids clothing hauls and i honestly haven't seen one in a long time, but she could just be keeping that off the vlog. I know she bought Brooks a new pair of shoes from walmart the other day, but that doesn't bother me much bc kids are so rough on shoes (and feet grow so fast) they need to be replaced often and lots of times you don't get a lot of hand me down shoes. I hope she keeps this trend up and starts redoing the kids closets too. Baby Sophia will probably never have to buy a stitch of clothing if she get's a lot of Gaines stuff! (which i'm sure she will, hopefully the ages/sizes and seasons match up correctly)
I don’t believe her. I think a lot of what she is saying is because she’s trying to reinvent her image and channel. The kids wore Christmas pjs and clothing all December. We’re supposed to believe she didn’t buy any of those items?

Plus she did a closet clean out at the beginning of December, but then had BAGS of clothing from December she still needed to return to the store? So she went shopping right after cleaning her closet out. I just don’t think it makes sense.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I never understood that whole thing of Katie painting Gaines bedroom..in both houses the same color as her favorite color, and her own childhood room. Gaines should be able to have her room the color she wanted. So selfish and weird on Katie’s part. I guess that’s part of her control problem. She has the weirdest taste in color..the bold, in your face colors. Yuck. Remember the old house..most the walls were different colors that had no rhyme or reason to it. Nothing went together. Gave me anxiety. Lol Her sister seems to be able to have colors flow easily..in her home and her wardrobe. Katie is a hot mess.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

lmmomSD wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote:Just watched Cullen's closet reveal on Katie's channel and it is insane how much stuff these people have! His after of his closet is mine and my husband's clothes combined before I got rid if a lot of stuff. Does anyone else feel like they have way to much stuff or is it just me?
It's definitely not just you. Gaines has more clothes than any preschooler should. Her closet is always overflowing. I know some of it is hand me downs from Kelly, but she still doesn't need a new outfit every week. I think Katie has got pack rat tendencies plus I think she shops to relieve stress.
I am in no position to slam anyone over clutter. I have what we call in my family "flat surface syndrome"-- any flat surface gets covered with mail, my daughter's papers, you name it. But I don't keep shopping and adding to it. When I got my new job, I had to buy "office casual" clothes. Except for a few concert t-shirts, that's the only shopping I have done in years. Katie and Cullen have plenty of stuff. I don't know if it's keeping up with her sister and the other vloggers who have money to burn, or what. But I am betting they are digging a debt hole they are going to take a long time to get out of.

Especially with monogrammed clothes... There's no need for them

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Catface2 wrote:I never understood that whole thing of Katie painting Gaines bedroom..in both houses the same color as her favorite color, and her own childhood room. Gaines should be able to have her room the color she wanted. So selfish and weird on Katie’s part. I guess that’s part of her control problem. She has the weirdest taste in color..the bold, in your face colors. Yuck. Remember the old house..most the walls were different colors that had no rhyme or reason to it. Nothing went together. Gave me anxiety. Lol Her sister seems to be able to have colors flow easily..in her home and her wardrobe. Katie is a hot mess.
I don't ever remember this whole "recreate my childhood bedroom" thing, or at least i don't remember her flat out saying that's what she wanted to do. I know they did want her room to be the same colors as her old room, just so all the decor and things they brought from the old house would still work. Bright colors in a home don't bother me, i would rather have lot of bold colors than the sterile, cold, white/grey everything trend that is so hot right now. That's personal preference though. Katie can be her own person as well... just bc her sister likes more neutral colors doesn't mean Katie can't wear whatever color she wants or paint her house whatever color she wants. People give her a hard time saying she's trying to hard to keep up with her sister and then others come back and say she needs to dress and decorate her home like Kelly?? Doesn't make sense.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
Catface2 wrote:I never understood that whole thing of Katie painting Gaines bedroom..in both houses the same color as her favorite color, and her own childhood room. Gaines should be able to have her room the color she wanted. So selfish and weird on Katie’s part. I guess that’s part of her control problem. She has the weirdest taste in color..the bold, in your face colors. Yuck. Remember the old house..most the walls were different colors that had no rhyme or reason to it. Nothing went together. Gave me anxiety. Lol Her sister seems to be able to have colors flow easily..in her home and her wardrobe. Katie is a hot mess.
I don't ever remember this whole "recreate my childhood bedroom" thing, or at least i don't remember her flat out saying that's what she wanted to do. I know they did want her room to be the same colors as her old room, just so all the decor and things they brought from the old house would still work. Bright colors in a home don't bother me, i would rather have lot of bold colors than the sterile, cold, white/grey everything trend that is so hot right now. That's personal preference though. Katie can be her own person as well... just bc her sister likes more neutral colors doesn't mean Katie can't wear whatever color she wants or paint her house whatever color she wants. People give her a hard time saying she's trying to hard to keep up with her sister and then others come back and say she needs to dress and decorate her home like Kelly?? Doesn't make sense.
Katie was showing the vlog her actual childhood bedroom at Dolly and Docs house..it was that same teal she painted Gaine’s room..I thought that was weird..especially since I remember Gaines wanted pink.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I have a friend who uses bold colors. She uses a deep red and a pumpkin orange in her house. But it works, because she has good taste and knows what she's doing. I don't like the "Ice Palace" look like Ellie has. I don't think that with Katie it's so much the colors as her not knowing what to do with them. Again, I can't talk. I am no interior designer.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Catface2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Katie was showing the vlog her actual childhood bedroom at Dolly and Docs house..it was that same teal she painted Gaine’s room..I thought that was weird..especially since I remember Gaines wanted pink.
I honestly don’t remember a pink discussion with Gaines. Their first house she was too little to voice her decision and they did the same color at this house. Which house did Gaines say she wanted pink?

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Toddlers new bed At 7:20
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Catface2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Katie said she painted it in the same teal color as her own room plus she was showing being content with this.

What a bitch Katie is, is what I came here to say. She asks if Brooks loves life, to which he answers "aha". Katie's response: "O (!), well, _that_'s a surprise." How mean. What an underhanded bitch, to a small boy, pathetic. Get over yourself Katie. And teach Gaines to show some respect for Brooks and stop shouting in general. She is a pain to watch, terrible. And terribly unattractive, how uncivilized. You're acting like you have changed but NOTHING has changed. It's all outer hypocritical appearance.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

She’s just trying to reinvent her channel. It’s all bs
darlingyep6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by darlingyep6 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: I don't ever remember this whole "recreate my childhood bedroom" thing, or at least i don't remember her flat out saying that's what she wanted to do. I know they did want her room to be the same colors as her old room, just so all the decor and things they brought from the old house would still work. Bright colors in a home don't bother me, i would rather have lot of bold colors than the sterile, cold, white/grey everything trend that is so hot right now. That's personal preference though. Katie can be her own person as well... just bc her sister likes more neutral colors doesn't mean Katie can't wear whatever color she wants or paint her house whatever color she wants. People give her a hard time saying she's trying to hard to keep up with her sister and then others come back and say she needs to dress and decorate her home like Kelly?? Doesn't make sense.
I honestly don’t remember a pink discussion with Gaines. Their first house she was too little to voice her decision and they did the same color at this house. Which house did Gaines say she wanted pink?

Also I briefly remember Gaines wanting a pink room in the new house, but Katie talked her into the same color as her (Macey’s) old room. To make it up, Katie bought her the pink bedding set I’m pretty sure she still has on her bed today.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

This is what I said in the EJ thread, I started the pink discussion there. Gaines wanted pink, but Katie wanted the same color (teal) as her childhood's bedroom. Gaines got pink accents in her bedding instead (the type of (harsh) pink that doesn't go together with the teal). Gaines had mentioned a few times her favorite color was pink, but after Katie had pushed for teal she never mentioned it again, and immediately after she mentioned one time her favorite color was teal now as well.....to much content of Katie of course who most probably took this as proof they are a tandem and supposedly so much alike. It was in her tone of voice and how she approvingly responded when Gaines said her favorite color was teal. Of course not long after her favorite color changed, to green, I believe it is green now which is her favorite color, so a small deviation from teal. Who knows in her heart she still likes pink but does't mention it. And lol what a discussion about color.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”