Tannerites/YAWI

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by HeyKatie »

PoppyFlower1 wrote:
MelE wrote:Does anyone else feel like Johnny's kind of a creep? He always insists on being around when the girls are talking about their periods or when Savannah was shaving for the first time. It just seems odd.
definitely!
He gives me Kidnap and torture type vibes :P Like i wouldn't be surprised if he ever gets found out for doing sick s*** like that.
He also comes off extremely old fashioned, and Traditionally sexist.

Did Anyone see that vlog where they broke into 8 Passengers house at night. The parents weren't even in and the kids were alone putting themselves to bed. The front door wasnt even locked. In Europe, Ruby & Kevin would be taken to court and had all of them kids taken from them if someone found out.
Julie was in on it and unlocked the door for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MelE
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MelE »

Allie snitching on Daniell for an old fake instagram account was disgusting. Daniell doesn't even have a smartphone so she obviously wasn't wasn't still using it. And she even said the reason she did it was so she could hide behind a fake name. Probably because her perv father is always shoving the camera in her face to talk about her period or to punish her on camera for the whole internet to see. God knows other 14-year-olds are on youtube. The poor kid can't even get away from it. I wonder if that was a big reason for the homeschooling as well. God the way they treat Daniell makes me so mad. They make her feel like she is a delinquent and she's just trying to be a normal kid.

The way Allie just stood there with that smug half smile...omg what a little brat. Just wait, she's 17, the real world comes soon and people aren't going to always see her as the perfect little princess.
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sweetiebee »

MelE wrote:Allie snitching on Daniell for an old fake instagram account was disgusting. Daniell doesn't even have a smartphone so she obviously wasn't wasn't still using it. And she even said the reason she did it was so she could hide behind a fake name. Probably because her perv father is always shoving the camera in her face to talk about her period or to punish her on camera for the whole internet to see. God knows other 14-year-olds are on youtube. The poor kid can't even get away from it. I wonder if that was a big reason for the homeschooling as well. God the way they treat Daniell makes me so mad. They make her feel like she is a delinquent and she's just trying to be a normal kid.

The way Allie just stood there with that smug half smile...omg what a little brat. Just wait, she's 17, the real world comes soon and people aren't going to always see her as the perfect little princess.
If it weren't for other 14 year olds on YouTube, they would be BROKE!
Beep16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Beep16 »

MelE wrote:Does anyone else feel like Johnny's kind of a creep? He always insists on being around when the girls are talking about their periods or when Savannah was shaving for the first time. It just seems odd.
I have felt that about him for a long time. One time he was talking about "Allie's luscious lips"! He's always getting way too involved in his daughters' maturing. But Sarah is creepy too. She tells her daughters she wants to see their armpits to check out the hair. She told them all Moms like to see that. They're both way too pushy with their kids even when the kids are uncomfortable sharing things with them and especially sharing things in vlogs! They're too into getting a lot of views and just don't respect their kids' privacy or feelings.
Beep16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Beep16 »

I know these vlogs are money making for these families .. but they're also intent on brainwashing their young subbies into Mormonism. That bothers me since most of their subbies are impressionable kids with no parental supervision. Sarah has said the devil is trying to make them have problems. Actually, most of their problems come from their bad choices and irresponsibility. They're like big kids.
sassafrass6
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sassafrass6 »

The weirdest family on youtube. Really oddly specific but they look like those kids in grade school that had the terribly distinct smell lol.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe if the dad worked a real job, the bank account wouldn't "need prayers".
They're despicable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... b78c3f.jpg[/img]
itsmemustb
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsmemustb »

This is the same family as in the Yawi Vlogs, right? I always said there'd come a day when vlogging families paraded around the bloody underwear of their daughter's first period for views, but I had no idea how far this puberty exploitation would be taken.

The 5th grade daughter has a "maturation program" in school coming up so the mom seems to see this as a good vlog subject and a chance to show off what a great mom she is at the same time. She takes the girl out for a "date" (quit calling outings with your kids dates!) to have a big talk with her and explain everything all at once. The mom tells the daughter several times that she's "a woman now." No. No she is not. Being old enough to watch a film about periods in school doesn't make you a woman. She's 10. The mom says she wouldn't attend the program at school so as not to embarrass her daughter and she chooses a restaurant with a lot of noise so that no one will overhear their conversation...and then proceeds to broadcast the whole thing on You Tube for their 200K plus subscribers.

I can't imagine much worse torture for a 10 year old than being filmed for a large audience while your mom tells everyone how you now have body odor and "hair in places you didn't used to." And I know this is likely a very religious family (Mormon?), but the mom stresses how wonderful it all is so that Savannah can have babies now (what if she doesn't want them or can't have them?) and how she'll soon start to like boys (what if she never likes boys? some girls don't).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being open with kids about sensitive subjects but the way this woman (and likely other vlog families) handled it is really irksome.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

itsmemustb wrote:This is the same family as in the Yawi Vlogs, right? I always said there'd come a day when vlogging families paraded around the bloody underwear of their daughter's first period for views, but I had no idea how far this puberty exploitation would be taken.

The 5th grade daughter has a "maturation program" in school coming up so the mom seems to see this as a good vlog subject and a chance to show off what a great mom she is at the same time. She takes the girl out for a "date" (quit calling outings with your kids dates!) to have a big talk with her and explain everything all at once. The mom tells the daughter several times that she's "a woman now." No. No she is not. Being old enough to watch a film about periods in school doesn't make you a woman. She's 10. The mom says she wouldn't attend the program at school so as not to embarrass her daughter and she chooses a restaurant with a lot of noise so that no one will overhear their conversation...and then proceeds to broadcast the whole thing on You Tube for their 200K plus subscribers.

I can't imagine much worse torture for a 10 year old than being filmed for a large audience while your mom tells everyone how you now have body odor and "hair in places you didn't used to." And I know this is likely a very religious family (Mormon?), but the mom stresses how wonderful it all is so that Savannah can have babies now (what if she doesn't want them or can't have them?) and how she'll soon start to like boys (what if she never likes boys? some girls don't).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being open with kids about sensitive subjects but the way this woman (and likely other vlog families) handled it is really irksome.
One of the first videos I watched of them was when she did practically the same thing with the older two girls. I was very disturbed. I can’t lie, 11 year old me probably would have eaten that up, which is why they continue to make these cringeworthy videos. They perform well. Too bad it’s at the expense of their kids privacy. 11 year old me would have also been mortified if it was actually me in the video. They aren’t making the videos because they like being open and honest, they saw a trend of period and puberty videos performing well and jumped on the gravy train...their kids are just along for the ride. 8passengers has actually handled this a lot better for once..they put out some cringed puberty videos a while ago but kept the the content pretty light. Abby and Shari just put out a video on sharia channel talking about period...they got to do it on their own terms and were open and honest without being annoying or having a parent shoving a camera in their face trying to force a reaction. You could tell Abby was a little uncomfortable but not so much so that she was there against her will. I don’t think the yawi kids have a choice in if they participate in these vlogs or not. I hardly watch the channel because the parents drive me nuts for all sorts of reasons big and small, all the way down to the way Sarah talks and the way she moves her mouth. Anyways, I expect there to be a lot of resentment in the future for forcing them to participate in the giant cringefest that is their channel.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

One of the girls has horrific cramps. I know this because they made sure to share it with us. They definitely don't share these things out of any kind of benevolent desire to help random young girls. And the girl with the cramps (Danielle?) just looks like she is wishing the couch would swallow her up every time the word "cramps" comes out of her mom's mouth. It's bad enough to have bad cramps -- I had endometriosis before there were commercials saying "talk to your doctor about your pain". I know how bad it can be. But to add this level of mortification to it _for money_ is just not right.

ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

lmmomSD wrote:One of the girls has horrific cramps. I know this because they made sure to share it with us. They definitely don't share these things out of any kind of benevolent desire to help random young girls. And the girl with the cramps (Danielle?) just looks like she is wishing the couch would swallow her up every time the word "cramps" comes out of her mom's mouth.
Allie was the one with cramps (the oldest girl). This family was the first family vlog I ever stumbled onto a couple of years ago that I liked to watch. Nowadays I don't really watch them anymore, just skip around one or two vlogs a week if something interesting happens. Between the obvious clickbait (which I refuse to even click on), the dad who is always getting on his soapbox to preach/rant about something for a couple of minutes of the vlog, and the youngest boy who usually takes up two or three minutes of a vlog (could care less about a 3 year old's day to day life)...I can't stand to watch any of it.

I really only keep up with them for anything featuring Daniell, whose somewhat goofy, outgoing personality and relative maturity made me like from the beginning. I'm starting to kind of worry for her nowadays, as I get the vague impression she's struggling a lot more than she let's on with her religious/strict parents' expectations as well as being a second 'mom' to the younger kids now that she's being home schooled again. We saw a recent hint of it when she talked about being sad that she's not able to be around her school friends very often and being stressed out when the younger kids won't listen to her/misbehave.

Now that I think about, she seemed to be pretty close to Branson (oldest son), and I think him being gone the last year and a half on mission has affected her in a way she might not realize. She's a very nice girl who seems pretty smart and self-aware for a 14 year old, but I wouldn't be surprised if she goes through a rebellious phase over the next few years (probably the sneaky kind of rebellion that her parents and vlog viewers never find out about). Either that or she'll 'settle' and do what she has to in order to fit into what the ideals of her family and church are (and possibly be a bit chronically depressed because she doesn't feel like she really fits in).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^^ thanks for clarifying that for me! The couldn't remember which girl it was and really didn't want to go back and look. And thanks for the other information.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Why don't they cook their oatmeal? Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Unless it's different than normal, their porridge (oatmeal)is kind of ready made stuff which just requires a bit of hot water and mixing.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

It's definitely instant oatmeal, I always cook mine in the microwave but it looks like they just add hot tap water which would work but I think the texture would be off.
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

Surprising that they're supportive of the LGBT community.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Saying someone broke into the house in the middle of the night is not a "prank." That is such crap. Johnny, be an adult and stop traumatizing your children.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Today's vlog really ticked me off! Ally forgot to do something she was asked to do a couple times and said she would do... and so, she got her phone and car taken away from her. Then Sarah tells her "You'll have to find a way to get to school tomorrow" and Ally says "Will you take me?" Sarah says something like "No, you were given a consequence for not doing something you were supposed to, that doesn't mean I swoop in and help you out." Seriously? Ally and Daniell both do so much in that family... they cook and clean and babysit for their little brothers and sisters, but forget one thing, and oh gosh... you get your car and phone taken! They expect the world out of those two and also Branson! I don't know how they can deal with that. I remember once Sarah saying she wished Ally was closer with her... well, maybe if she didn't treat her like her slave, and make her feel like she isn't allowed to make mistakes, just because she's almost an adult! :x Ally said she wants to be a Disneyland Princess when she graduates, I can see her moving straight away, just go get away from the craziness.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

YouDunnoMe wrote:Today's vlog really ticked me off! Ally forgot to do something she was asked to do a couple times and said she would do... and so, she got her phone and car taken away from her. Then Sarah tells her "You'll have to find a way to get to school tomorrow" and Ally says "Will you take me?" Sarah says something like "No, you were given a consequence for not doing something you were supposed to, that doesn't mean I swoop in and help you out." Seriously? Ally and Daniell both do so much in that family... they cook and clean and babysit for their little brothers and sisters, but forget one thing, and oh gosh... you get your car and phone taken! They expect the world out of those two and also Branson! I don't know how they can deal with that. I remember once Sarah saying she wished Ally was closer with her... well, maybe if she didn't treat her like her slave, and make her feel like she isn't allowed to make mistakes, just because she's almost an adult! :x Ally said she wants to be a Disneyland Princess when she graduates, I can see her moving straight away, just go get away from the craziness.
I also hate how Jonny has to act like he doesn't ever forget to do anything, it has been shown on vlogs in the past that he put off chores etc. I have never seem Ally get into trouble, it used to be all Daniell while Ally was in the background grinning, I see the opposite, I see Ally staying close and getting married young and Daniell moving far away (could be totally off though). I agree that they are strict on the older kids while Canyon is off causing trouble.
flowerchildd29
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flowerchildd29 »

thenightowl wrote:
YouDunnoMe wrote:Today's vlog really ticked me off! Ally forgot to do something she was asked to do a couple times and said she would do... and so, she got her phone and car taken away from her. Then Sarah tells her "You'll have to find a way to get to school tomorrow" and Ally says "Will you take me?" Sarah says something like "No, you were given a consequence for not doing something you were supposed to, that doesn't mean I swoop in and help you out." Seriously? Ally and Daniell both do so much in that family... they cook and clean and babysit for their little brothers and sisters, but forget one thing, and oh gosh... you get your car and phone taken! They expect the world out of those two and also Branson! I don't know how they can deal with that. I remember once Sarah saying she wished Ally was closer with her... well, maybe if she didn't treat her like her slave, and make her feel like she isn't allowed to make mistakes, just because she's almost an adult! :x Ally said she wants to be a Disneyland Princess when she graduates, I can see her moving straight away, just go get away from the craziness.
I also hate how Jonny has to act like he doesn't ever forget to do anything, it has been shown on vlogs in the past that he put off chores etc. I have never seem Ally get into trouble, it used to be all Daniell while Ally was in the background grinning, I see the opposite, I see Ally staying close and getting married young and Daniell moving far away (could be totally off though). I agree that they are strict on the older kids while Canyon is off causing trouble.
I watched the vlog and that was soo annoying. At the end of the day that’s your kid bro. They Ally and Danielle do everything for them, but the one time she forgets god forbid she’s a bad person. I personally think that they are too hard on ale and Danielle. At the end of the day nobody is perfect.

Return to “Q-Z”