Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie and Jared: Views as low as Ellie's Iron PART 42

Unread post by 131618 »

js215 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:Does anybody else find it odd that Jared talks about Joel's front bump then says he loves him when they were about to hung up? He's so creepy. Poor Joel has to be freaked out by him.
I thought he was saying front bum...like a front butt, which is a crude euphemism for a vulva. Does he think your penis gets cut off when you get a vasectomy lol?? Either way, he is annoying and not funny.
Thats a new pc term going around though too, I've read... I doubt they'd know about it though unless their church mentioned it lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think “front bum” is just being used because Jared is 12 and won’t say “penis.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think “front bum” is just being used because Jared is 12 and won’t say “penis.”
I'd put that more developmentally appropriate for a 2-5 year old. Jared is at least 7 years younger than 12.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think “front bum” is just being used because Jared is 12 and won’t say “penis.”
I'd put that more developmentally appropriate for a 2-5 year old. Jared is at least 7 years younger than 12.
Lol even my 4 year old says penis

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

gopedjane wrote:
natalka81 wrote:
Lol even my 4 year old says penis

good. Giving anatomy nicknames can cause embarrassment about your own and others’ bodies. Just say what it is. I’m trying to get better about it.

My sister loves to tell the story about me when I was like 5 coming into a room where she was with friends (she’s 17 years older than me) and announcing the difference between boys and girls: boys have a penis and girls have a vagina! She is still friends with those people too so they all enjoy it Image
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

He probably said it because his kids (and likely Joel’s) were in the room.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

And? Kids can’t know that he has a penis and had surgery one it?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Penis is a word and a basic part of the male anatomy. The best way for the kids to learn it’s a normal, and clinical word is to actually use it freely and in front of them.

Jared is immature for speaking the way he did, he isn’t protecting his children. They are making sure the next generation is just as ignorant about how the human body works as they are by making talk about it a secret.
The irony though, is that they all know their audience is children, and they talk openly to them. I guess other people’s children don’t require the same sensitivity.

My family was never open, and I learned too many things from friends that only had half the story. I hated that. With my son I decided to answer every question to the level I can best describe it that was suitable for his age. He’s now 11 and knows more about how even the female body works than most girls his age do. It was simple, and by talking about things as he grew up, we avoided having to have one huge, uncomfortable, monumental “TALK” with awkward verbiage.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Penis is a word and a basic part of the male anatomy. The best way for the kids to learn it’s a normal, and clinical word is to actually use it freely and in front of them.

Jared is immature for speaking the way he did, he isn’t protecting his children. They are making sure the next generation is just as ignorant about how the human body works as they are by making talk about it a secret.
The irony though, is that they all know their audience is children, and they talk openly to them. I guess other people’s children don’t require the same sensitivity.

My family was never open, and I learned too many things from friends that only had half the story. I hated that. With my son I decided to answer every question to the level I can best describe it that was suitable for his age. He’s now 11 and knows more about how even the female body works than most girls his age do. It was simple, and by talking about things as he grew up, we avoided having to have one huge, uncomfortable, monumental “TALK” with awkward verbiage.

Yes, love this- we bought the "it's not the stork" book and read it to our kindergartner

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sweetiebee »

These are the same people who think "partying" is sitting on couches laughing and cackling really loudly so....
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

gopedjane wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Well, it’s not terminology I’d use. But I also don’t know that Calvin and Lincoln are at an age where they’d be able to understand a vasectomy ....

Edit to clarify: I wouldn’t use the term “front bum”. I think that’s stupid. I can understand why he did but I think it’s dumb.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

When my students started potty training, I told their parents to call their body parts by their names. No cutesy names. I was also ok if the children called them their privates as we cover them with clothes and have privacy in the bathroom.
If they were having an adult conversation than they should have waited until the room was children free. Little pitchers have big ears my grandmother always said.
This family is the most immature and inappropriate family I have come across. It’s not one or two siblings, it’s all of them. I do not think it’s their religion. I have met Mormons and would not describe them as immature. It is the “Griffiths sisters” and their husbands. I don’t even think Beau’s wife fits in with them because the woman are so off.

Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
gopedjane wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Well, it’s not terminology I’d use. But I also don’t know that Calvin and Lincoln are at an age where they’d be able to understand a vasectomy ....

Edit to clarify: I wouldn’t use the term “front bum”. I think that’s stupid. I can understand why he did but I think it’s dumb.
His use of the term front bum probably has a lot to do with YouTube as well I don’t think they’d find the word penis too pleasing on a family friendly channel. If he had said it, he’d have been demonized because some would be complaining that they don’t want their children hearing those things on YouTube. Agree that it’s a dumb choice of word, and he probably should have edited that whole scene out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

If I heard someone use the term "front bum" I automatically think of vagina :lol: not a penis. I also grew up in a family where words like penis and vagina were no no words. I honestly won't deprive my child in learning real terms on body parts because some people find the words inapporpriate!
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Didn't he say front "BUMP", though? I mean, it's in the front and it's a bump... Like someone's already mentioned, I think it was because of the kids. Not that it's bad to say penis, but I mean, they're kids, they're bound to ask more since it's an issue they're curious about at that age.
The entire family is odd with words, and he could have picked a different one, but also they can't go around saying words like that because there's always some special snowflakes that are gonna report it for inappropriate conversations in front of children.
you can call me kath.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

The word is penis. It's not anything else. Children need to know the appropriate terminology. No, they don't need to know the ins and outs of a vasectomy at 4 yrs old, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with them using the word penis. If they were worried about YouTube rules (fair enough argument, but since when do they actually care about that?) then the whole scene should have been deleted.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

natalka81 wrote:The word is penis. It's not anything else. Children need to know the appropriate terminology. No, they don't need to know the ins and outs of a vasectomy at 4 yrs old, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with them using the word penis. If they were worried about YouTube rules (fair enough argument, but since when do they actually care about that?) then the whole scene should have been deleted.
I don't think anyone here is saying he shouldn't have used the word penis, or that the kids should be sheltered from such words. We're just trying to find a reason for him not actually saying penis. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Jared's kids (no idea about Bonnie's) know what a penis is. I honestly think it was just to avoid questions like 'OH NO DADDY WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PENIS' on camera.
Well, anyway, this is far from a bad thing he's done or said. Just odd.
you can call me kath.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

That new Bollie dress is awful. I know they said it will be a different color and pattern, but right now it looks like a prairie funeral dress. Ellie usually can’t style herself to save her life, but I expect a little more from Bonnie. At least she can *usually* put a decent outfit together.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:The word is penis. It's not anything else. Children need to know the appropriate terminology. No, they don't need to know the ins and outs of a vasectomy at 4 yrs old, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with them using the word penis. If they were worried about YouTube rules (fair enough argument, but since when do they actually care about that?) then the whole scene should have been deleted.
Thank you. These boards are becoming just as prudish and old fashioned as the Griffiths themselves lately with all the arbitrary “thats inappropriate” stuff and the “girls should be pretty” talk on Ruby’s board last week.

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Thank you. These boards are becoming just as prudish and old fashioned as the Griffiths themselves lately with all the arbitrary “thats inappropriate” stuff and the “girls should be pretty” talk on Ruby’s board last week.
wow, i don't know if that was directed at me but that's not what i said at all.
you can call me kath.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”