Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:I wonder if Katie knows that Cullen outed her on her drinking habits.

I, too, think her recent changes seem more genuine than anything she’s done in the past. She’s actually looking better than she has in a while. We will have to see how she keeps up with waking up and decluttering.

I thought it was gross and weird that she doesn’t wash her face or take her make up off before bed. I’m guilty every once and a while of not washing my face, but I definitely use a make up wipe if I don’t fully wash it. Doesn’t her pillow case get dirty? How does she sleep with a face full of makeup? I would think she’d break out a lot more .. genuinely wondering how that’s not something that doesn’t bother her lol
Either her makeup is very smudge proof, or she also then gets up and washes her face/does her makeup right away. When she IGs in the morning she always has her makeup on. It looks too good to be from the night before, but who wants to wash their face in the morning and then re-apply makeup right away?

Is it possible it’s so she looks good all the time for Cullen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m super guilty of not washing my face at night (I just get too lazy right before crawling in bed.) I always wash in the morning and put makeup right back on. Fortunately I don’t get many breakouts from it. I also used to go to work some mornings at like 3 am, and there were a few times I got away with makeup from the day before.
amay17
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amay17 »

Cullen admitted that he hasn't seen his Katie or the kids in 3 days. I think stuff has def come to a head!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

amay17 wrote:Cullen admitted that he hasn't seen his Katie or the kids in 3 days. I think stuff has def come to a head!

Did you watch the vlog? I refuse to give him a view, but I have FOMO and want to know what he said...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:05 pm
amay17 wrote:Cullen admitted that he hasn't seen his Katie or the kids in 3 days. I think stuff has def come to a head!

Did you watch the vlog? I refuse to give him a view, but I have FOMO and want to know what he said...

I will watch it later and will recap if no one else does. When I don't have time to watch/or refuse to watch a video, I'll use the "open transcript" option and read through it. Sometimes the words aren't right (which can be funny) but it's an easy way know what's going on without viewing.
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

I will watch it later and will recap if no one else does. When I don't have time to watch/or refuse to watch a video, I'll use the "open transcript" option and read through it. Sometimes the words aren't right (which can be funny) but it's an easy way know what's going on without viewing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spooky wrote:

Oooh, thanks! I didn't know you could do that!
It just rubs me the wrong way that he is doing a monetized video about it, when it doesn't seem that he's really sought that much help. And that dramatic thumbnail. I just don't buy it.

woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

I just got (halfway) finished watching. He admits to having an addiction. Says he hasn't seen his wife or kids in three days. Goes to a meeting and the gym and talks about being out eating dinner by himself due to "marital struggles".. that's the most I got from it. I'm definitely think Katie is making him be sober before coming back to the house and I think Cullen is being genuine and I feel bad for him and hope he can get sober for the sake of everybody involved. I'm intrested to see if Katie's Video will be involved with all this tomorrow if she even posts one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

How much are their vlogs delayed?

He has video of the aquarium on IG. I think he’s home already.

oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

If they thought that they were fooling anybody up until this point they are nuts. The substance abuse issues were plain as day in their vlogs for at least a year. I think the substance abuse issues and marital issues have come to such a head that he had no choice but to come clean about it. He could have easily said that they were taking a break from vlogging for a while for some made up reason but chose not to. I hope they get the help they need and get to a better place for themselves and especially for the kids.
rachpwns

Unread post by rachpwns »

In short, He starts out in the garage talking about how he is an addict. He doesn’t say what type of addict he is but to check out the podcast. Cullen says he hasn’t seen his kids or Katie in 3 days and how he has taped some clips for his journey. In the next clip, he is in the car going to a meeting at a church. Cut to the next clip and he is at a gym. Then in the car he talks how he got a gym membership and this can now be his addiction. He also got a shower at the gym. (So maybe he isn’t allowed in the house part?!) Cullen says he will go to another NA meeting in a week. He talked about how Katie is going through stuff and how it was an addiction for her but different then his addictions. He also talks about how the waking up at 5 am thing is kind of crazy and not his thing because he likes to sleep in since he likes to stay up a little later than Katie. Though he says that he isn’t at that place in his life to do too many changes at once. At the end of the video he talks about how he went out to dinner on his own and talks about seeing this girl and dad at dinner and the dad talks about marriage issues and god to this girl. Cullen overheard them and then got up and thanked the man for saying what he said about god and praying and he wished he still had his dad around to talk to. The guy told Cullen to keep his chin up and keep praying. Cullen was crying during the last scene.

Sorry if this is kinda rambling. He just kept saying the same stuff over and over again.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Interesting. Katie did an IG Live the other night and seemed happy and said she had a good day.

Wonder if she’ll bury this journey like she tried to with the marriage problems when he opened up last time? It’s going to take awhile to bounce back from this one. If they both have addiction issues, they have some a codependent relationship that’s going to need to change.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

IMO Katie and Cullen both have a problem.
I really hope the kids aren’t the ones that suffer from this.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

It's weird that he didn't realize that people could see it. I think it's more than alcohol and marijuana. Based on the podcast, I don't think he wants to give up drinking. I wonder if it's coke? I think he hasn't seen Katie and the kids for three days because he's detoxing.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

woahnow wrote:I'm still listening to the podcast so bare with me . I think cullens current addiction is with pills along with alcohol. (No proof just an idea) it would be "easy" for him to hide from Katie. I think it has all come to a head again. It seems she gave him another choice. Her or his addiction. I hope everything goes well for him and he can get clean. As it goes for drinking with the kids at home. My mom has had a alcohol addiction as long as I can remember. When I was a child I never noticed. I had a very happy childhood and have not one complaint. So I HOPE it has not negatively effected Gaines and Brooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think it’s pills too. The way he was itching himself the first 20 minutes, that’s what Percocet and OxyContin do to a lot of people, make them itch like crazy.

spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

That was a rough watch; as much as I snark on them, I wish them both well as this will be a long road.

Agree that Cullen has a problem not just alcohol. He keeps saying "addiction" but if it was just alcohol, I think he'd say so. Wasn't it over the summer he started taking the antidepressant and was having those almost manic episodes? There were several vlogs where he was just bouncing off the walls; maybe he got hooked on something then and/or took it incorrectly and coupled with an alcohol addiction it's just become too much.
twinnotwo71
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinnotwo71 »

spooky wrote:That was a rough watch; as much as I snark on them, I wish them both well as this will be a long road.

Agree that Cullen has a problem not just alcohol. He keeps saying "addiction" but if it was just alcohol, I think he'd say so. Wasn't it over the summer he started taking the antidepressant and was having those almost manic episodes? There were several vlogs where he was just bouncing off the walls; maybe he got hooked on something then and/or took it incorrectly and coupled with an alcohol addiction it's just become too much.
He mentioned an NA meeting, so I'm guessing narcotics.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He should be going every day. Not once a week.
I hope he's serious, but it takes more than vlogging about it and a weekly meeting to overcome addiction. He needs to just shut up and do it.
Maybe part of his addiction is the attention. I think a lot of these vloggers develop something like an addiction to the attention and adulation.

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

This was one thing I was hoping you guys weren’t right about. The whole thing is so sad, and I feel for all of them honestly. I hope Cullen really does get the help he needs, and I hope he and Katie go to therapy and work out their issues if they want to stay together.

I’ve never dealt with addiction, but from what I do know, I don’t think its something you can just get through without some form of professional help. He needs to stop drinking too, even if he doesn’t think he has an issue with alcohol, I’m pretty sure it all goes hand in hand.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

He’s mentioned being on meds for ADHD.
Those meds are REALLY easy to abuse. He probably started updosing to the point of it basically being coke. Mix that with alcohol and it’s a recipe for disaster.
:roll:
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I am glad to see Cullen has finally admitted he has an addiction and it is definitely the right thing to do. I wish him the best of luck with his recovery.

As a long time subscriber though I feel a like I was duped by them though. They portrayed themselves as a wholesome, family orientated couple and it turns out Cullen was abusing legal and possibly illegal substances for years in the same home as his children while putting out vlogs portraying to be a perfect family. I don't think I could go back and look at old vlogs in the same way now because I would just be wondering was he wasted or high and if it was all fake. I also have to blame myself for my hurt feelings because I let myself believe what I was seeing and be too influenced by them.

Some other points:
Cullen mentioned AA and NA so narcotics of some sort obviously. He also seems to be really brushing over the issue of what his drug of choice is. This leads me to think it is an illegal substance and he may be concerned about legal repercussions if he reveals this.

I got the impression that it was Cullen in the house and Katie and the kids gone for 3 days? In his sit down at the start he seems to be at home.

I also think they didnt have a big argument that made Katie leave. It seems like Cullen recently has accepted what Katie has known for a long time and decided he wants to get clean. I get the impression that this was kind of a planned thing and that someone advised them that Katie and the kids leave the house while he is detoxing. Maybe someone more educated on drugs could enlighten us on whether this is common advice?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”