Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Unread post by Tiger27 »

TellAll wrote:Yeah, honestly I don’t think the grandma(kels mom) cares much about a $10 board game. It’s one thing if it was a strangers stuff but, it’s literally June’s Grandma. Not saying it makes it right but I really don’t think she cares that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not the fact that it’s a 10 dollar board game, it’s the principle. It’s a respect issue. They moved themselves into her house, redid it how the pleased and are now letting their toddler mess with her things while she’s not home. It’s a cheap board game now but it will surely spiral in to other things. They clearly don’t respect Kelsey’s mother or her belongings.

TellAll
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by TellAll »

Yeah, I guess that’s a valid way of looking at it. A bunch of small things can turn into one big one. Her mother seems to be a bit of a push over so once she reaches her breaking point I don’t know where they would go. Corbin’s mom is definitely more outspoken so it wouldn’t surprise me if her and Kels have already head-butted and kels doesn’t feel comfortable living over there. On the other hand, maybe that’s why they’re in such a rush to buy a house and heartbroken when they get turned down. Maybe shit has already hit the fan over at Kelsey’s moms

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Another day with no video? I guess they've just run out of things to film.

Since they make $10,000 ( ;) ) a month, I don't see why they don't do some day/weekend trips or even show some of the highlights of Boise.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

ewokfan11 wrote:Another day with no video? I guess they've just run out of things to film.

Since they make $10,000 ( ;) ) a month, I don't see why they don't do some day/weekend trips or even show some of the highlights of Boise.
I was thinking the same thing! He’s probably thinking that since they made a few bucks off the “pregnancy “ vlogs he can take days off. The birthday vlog is only at 8.5k, so he’s scrambling to come up with something else pregnancy or house related.

TellAll
Informer
Informer

Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Unread post by TellAll »

Something I noticed today is the Christmas thumbnail from last year is almost identical to this years. I guess they thought if they recreated the thumbnail they had last year it would draw in more views. The thumbnail isn’t the ONLY thing that draws in views. You have to have quality content as well. Which, they no longer have. They used to get 60,000+ views a video(give or take). Now they get around 20,000 and I’m noticing it’s getting to be less and less views. Some videos only have 5,000 views just is... not. It’s not because of the thumbnail. It’s not because it’s not clickbaity enough. It’s because the quality sucks! Corbee, if you’re reading this gets your act together! You can’t upload pregnancy and house hunting vlogs every day and expect to have Daily Bumps bank account.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

So who wants to bet they have a minuscule down payment, needed a co-signer, and are about to lock themselves into a 30-year mortgage that they can’t afford? What’s going to happen when Corbin wants to up and leave because he’s burned bridges? Can’t do that when you have a mortgage to pay. It’s not like skipping out on a lease. I will be interested to see if they survive the underwriting process. Getting pre-approved is surprisingly easy. The underwriting process is when the lender actually looks at your documentation and determines if you were telling the truth about your financial situation.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I hope they realize home repairs can add up super fast and a lot of them you can't put off. My A/C unit basically died after Hurricane Irma and that was $5000 to replace. That's an extreme example, but homeownership isn't CHEAP. As first time buyers they should extremely cautious of an older house.

I'm guessing it's this house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/B ... 0526_zpid/
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I cracked up at them recording the realtor. Someone here mentioned why didn't they have him on speaker, and surprise this time he was. Mommy and Daddy Corbin must have had to help get them something in order for them to get a house. Corbin probably threw a tantrum about having to live with his MIL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:I cracked up at them recording the realtor. Someone here mentioned why didn't they have him on speaker, and surprise this time he was. Mommy and Daddy Corbin must have had to help get them something in order for them to get a house. Corbin probably threw a tantrum about having to live with his MIL

I caught that and thought the exact same thing! I wouldn’t be surprised if the house was in the low $200’s. This should be interesting in the next few weeks.

lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lavenderlove »

Ohhh I've wanted to comment SOOO badly and ask if they had to get a co-signer! It would never get approved, so why bother.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Apologies for triple post, new at this!
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

endof wrote:I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
OMG yes ! Ahahaha I laughed so hard because I sat there in ky head going "boughten?" Family of journalist though lol.

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

So part of the vlog from yesterday was filmed at corbins parents house as was the one today. I’m leaning more towards his parents co-signing and helping with the down payment. It’s funny in the two house videos he’s put up, he’s used the same house in the thumbnail.

This is the last “first” for June. Is he crazy? She’s 2!!! She’s got a whole life of first!

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Are they staying at Corbin's parents' house now? They ended the vlog there.

The "family of journalists" thing has always irked me because I am a journalist. The Bucket List family calls themselves "family travel journalists" too. I know it's to build their brand and appear more intelligent than they actually are, but it's just a lie. They are narcissists, not journalists.

Definition of journalist: a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast.

Corbin, you are NOT a journalist.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I hope they realize home repairs can add up super fast and a lot of them you can't put off. My A/C unit basically died after Hurricane Irma and that was $5000 to replace. That's an extreme example, but homeownership isn't CHEAP. As first time buyers they should extremely cautious of an older house.

I read in the description of their channel or on a vlog info that they are currently looking to purchase a “fixer upper”. Which to me screams “we can’t afford anything other than something that needs a ton of work”. There are plenty of people who love buying older homes and renovating them, and know what they are doing when it comes to work like that. If that were the case with them it wouldn’t make me think twice, but neither of them have a CLUE about how to do pretty much any sort of handywork on a home. We all saw how halfassed they did the floors and paint work in her moms house. They need a fixer upper bc they can’t afford anything built in the last 40 years.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:09 am
ewokfan11 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I read in the description of their channel or on a vlog info that they are currently looking to purchase a “fixer upper”. Which to me screams “we can’t afford anything other than something that needs a ton of work”. There are plenty of people who love buying older homes and renovating them, and know what they are doing when it comes to work like that. If that were the case with them it wouldn’t make me think twice, but neither of them have a CLUE about how to do pretty much any sort of handywork on a home. We all saw how halfassed they did the floors and paint work in her moms house. They need a fixer upper bc they can’t afford anything built in the last 40 years.
My parents do exactly that...and it's SOOOOOO much work. They really like doing the work, but it's truly, truly a lot of work. I stopped by one of their houses last week where they are redoing the kitchen and it's basically a construction site. I don't think Corbin and Kelsey have the money, skills or PATIENCE to do any real work themselves.

I can totally see them getting into a house situation that is WAY more than they expected. They should totally get a newer home that won't require much work—especially if they really expect Kelsey to get pregnant and have another kid this year.

They just aren't very smart when it comes to adulting.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Again at his parents house. Wonder if they’re living there. I think it’s at least partly because his parents are involved in the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”