Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by wishes »

I’ll be the first to admit I used to be a fan of theirs but Katie really pisses me off. Ever since Cullen first mentioned struggles months ago, Katie made it about her and now essentially blames Cullen for their struggles.

Honestly, I’d drink too if I was married to her. Katie needs to get over herself and actually BE THERE for him or just move on already. Sheesh.

Over her shenanigans.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

Did Katie ever get her certification updated?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

The biggest thing that jumped out to me was that they had these major differences in their explanations of what has been going on? I don't know if they both have a drinking problem, I don't know them personally and I haven't spent time around them. But Katie mentions nothing about their collective drinking, while Cullen does. Specifically he says, "There was a point in our recent life as Cullen and Katie where we were drinking every night. You hear about people who have a glass of wine every night, then it turns to two, three, a mixed drink down the road and then mom comes over and I've got like a 32 ox mixed drink."

"We cut the weekly drinking out, it's just on weekends now and that's been better for our marriage and stuff."

"In the beginning when Katie and I first got married, and this is another 'don't tell mom thing' exclusive...we were partying a lot when Katie and I first met."

"Like I said, our drinking habits, probably due to me, you know, just kind of slowly crept in."

It's a lot of "WE were drinking every night" and "OUR drinking habits." Like I said, I don't know if that's accurate or not, but it's an interesting difference in their narratives.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I don’t doubt that Katie was drinking a lot too. She seems the type to get intentionally hungover so she can say that since they’re both hungover, he can’t use that as his excuse to sleep until noon and not help with the kids.

But I seriously feel that when Cullen mentioned Katie also having an addiction problem, he meant her shopping.
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

wishes wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 am I’ll be the first to admit I used to be a fan of theirs but Katie really pisses me off. Ever since Cullen first mentioned struggles months ago, Katie made it about her and now essentially blames Cullen for their struggles.

Honestly, I’d drink too if I was married to her. Katie needs to get over herself and actually BE THERE for him or just move on already. Sheesh.

Over her shenanigans.
All of her "this is his struggle not mine.." bullshit really pissed me off. While yes, it his is problem that he has to work though, her callous way of explaining her side of it was just sick. That's your husband, the father to your kids that they think hung the moon. It's almost funny how SHE pushes for this picture perfect image and then when shit hits the fan SHE'S the one telling the world that this is Cullen's problem and has nothing to do with her. Basically abandoning him mentally during what is probably the hardest thing he has ever done. If this was some other sort of medical issue (bc i believe addiction is a disease, and Cullen's is very predisposed for it with both his father and grandfather being addicts.) would she be there like a loving wife supporting her husband and being positive for him? You damn right she would be, but since this is a "shameful" disease (to some people) she has no desire to look like she's helping him. He has depression, which is less stigmatized now days, and she sits down with him and supports him (even though she tried to one up him) but something like addiction? Hell no, i'll talk about it alone, without him, in my car and only say it's not my problem, its not my story and NO ONE is allowed to ask questions, PERIOD.. the more i think about it the more she pisses me off.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 am The biggest thing that jumped out to me was that they had these major differences in their explanations of what has been going on? I don't know if they both have a drinking problem, I don't know them personally and I haven't spent time around them. But Katie mentions nothing about their collective drinking, while Cullen does. Specifically he says, "There was a point in our recent life as Cullen and Katie where we were drinking every night. You hear about people who have a glass of wine every night, then it turns to two, three, a mixed drink down the road and then mom comes over and I've got like a 32 ox mixed drink."

"We cut the weekly drinking out, it's just on weekends now and that's been better for our marriage and stuff."

"In the beginning when Katie and I first got married, and this is another 'don't tell mom thing' exclusive...we were partying a lot when Katie and I first met."

"Like I said, our drinking habits, probably due to me, you know, just kind of slowly crept in."

It's a lot of "WE were drinking every night" and "OUR drinking habits." Like I said, I don't know if that's accurate or not, but it's an interesting difference in their narratives.
This THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Like you, we really have no idea what goes on in that house, but Cullen was very sure of the fact that Katie was right there with him in the drinking and Brit may have just recently gotten back in the picture, but she was nodding and agreeing with him as well. She knew katie before she was in jail, and has spent plenty of time around her since. A lot of that time before she was pregnant, she was partying right there with them. Maybe Katie only did the things Cullen said, and Cullen was also day drinking or doing something else as well. EITHER WAY.. Katie needs to grow some lady nuts and OWN UP to her involvement in this thing.I will never believe that Katie doesn't also have a problem. She's just to damn proud and worried about her self image to admit her faults. It's such a shitty and sad situation, and Katie doesn't deserve to look like the white knight.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

djcbcn wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:24 am Did Katie ever get her certification updated?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think someone looked it up and she was re-certified.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Anyone else think she is still setting herself up to leave Cullen? Building up her own channel, losing weight, working on herself and getting rid of a ton of stuff. Not saying she cant do all that stuff just for her but something makes me feel like she could be on the hunt for a new man soon. It seems clear to me that she doesn’t love Cullen anymore, shes just waiting for something better to come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

marshmallowfluf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 am Anyone else think she is still setting herself up to leave Cullen? Building up her own channel, losing weight, working on herself and getting rid of a ton of stuff. Not saying she cant do all that stuff just for her but something makes me feel like she could be on the hunt for a new man soon. It seems clear to me that she doesn’t love Cullen anymore, shes just waiting for something better to come along.

Yes! That was my exact train of thought. It's like she was almost giddy she had an excuse to come out with a good reason to leave him as she has wanted to for some time. I am not saying Cullen is not 50% at fault here but the way he is getting thrown under the bus in that video made me uncomfortable and didn't sound at all like something someone that loved him would say. He threw her under as well a time or two eluding to her having an addiction and something else that I can't remember but nothing as major as "well it's her bed, she made it she can lie in it ALONE!" like Katie's tone.
LilSeb1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LilSeb1010 »

japaluvr wrote:Honestly, I’d drink too if I was married to her. Katie needs to get over herself and actually BE THERE for him or just move on already.

What a fucked up thing to say. Katie has her own issues but saying she’s to blame for Cullen’s addictions is beyond messed up.

Family members/spouses of addicts do often blame themselves. But at the end of the day you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves. It’s obvious that Katie struggled to come to terms with that. The way she said “I have to learn that other people’s choices aren’t my choices” sounds like she’s been in therapy about it.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

KaterTot wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 am
marshmallowfluf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 am Anyone else think she is still setting herself up to leave Cullen? Building up her own channel, losing weight, working on herself and getting rid of a ton of stuff. Not saying she cant do all that stuff just for her but something makes me feel like she could be on the hunt for a new man soon. It seems clear to me that she doesn’t love Cullen anymore, shes just waiting for something better to come along.

Yes! That was my exact train of thought. It's like she was almost giddy she had an excuse to come out with a good reason to leave him as she has wanted to for some time. I am not saying Cullen is not 50% at fault here but the way he is getting thrown under the bus in that video made me uncomfortable and didn't sound at all like something someone that loved him would say. He threw her under as well a time or two eluding to her having an addiction and something else that I can't remember but nothing as major as "well it's her bed, she made it she can lie in it ALONE!" like Katie's tone.
One of the only things that makes me disagree with this is Katie's sanctimonious "Divorce is something you we just don't do. We made a vow to God and you can't go back on that" stuff that she was spewing during the depression sit down. She seemed very clear that divorce wasn't an option no matter what. Maybe she's changed her mind, but with that attitude and with her trying to cover up her skeletons that Cullen spilled on the podcast, i think her perfect life and family image means WAY too much to her.

I think her working on herself is a way for her to deal with not being able to fix Cullen.. She can't fix him, but she can fix herself. Either she's doing it be she is really ready for a change, she's doing it to distract herself from her marriage issues OR she's doing it to rub it in Cullens face. "See i can stop drinking, eat better, wake up at 5am, and clean out the entire house. If i can do all that, why can't you just stop drinking..." I hope that's not the reality of it, but i wouldn't put it above her. I would hope that she realizes that just bc she can easily stop her drinking habits doesn't mean that it will be that easy for Cullen.

All that being said, i do think that Katie looks better, i know she feels better, she is getting her life together like she should have been doing ages ago and it seems like positive changes. I just hope she's doing these things for the true betterment of herself and her household and not just to use as some sort of resentment towards Cullen. I also hope that she wouldn't leave him just bc of his addiction. There are situations where i think that is 100% acceptable, but with the information we have been given i feel like it's her duty as his wife to stay by his side during this time. Unless there are some terrible things happening behind the scenes that we aren't seeing, then yes... she needs to get her and the kids out. I just dont think it's gotten to that point though, but you never know...
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

LilSeb1010 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:13 am
japaluvr wrote:Honestly, I’d drink too if I was married to her. Katie needs to get over herself and actually BE THERE for him or just move on already.
What a fucked up thing to say. Katie has her own issues but saying she’s to blame for Cullen’s addictions is beyond messed up.
No where did I say she was to blame but the way she's been treating him and makes it about her, her spending habits and not giving him his love language... I'd drink too because she is putting stress on their marriage.

As it's been mentioned before, Katie comes from wealth and deserves a certain lifestyle and Cullen is always trying to give her that but she doesn't do anything in return for him. He deserves someone better. So yes, I stand by my comment.
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wishes wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 am
LilSeb1010 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:13 am
No where did I say she was to blame but the way she's been treating him and makes it about her, her spending habits and not giving him his love language... I'd drink too because she is putting stress on their marriage.

As it's been mentioned before, Katie comes from wealth and deserves a certain lifestyle and Cullen is always trying to give her that but she doesn't do anything in return for him. He deserves someone better. So yes, I stand by my comment.
I agree with you, and i think your comment is being taken out of context. You aren't blaming his addiction on Katie, you are just saying that you would drink as well if you had to deal with the stress she puts him under. That comment was about you and your response to her behavior, not Cullen and his addiction.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:41 am I agree with you, and i think your comment is being taken out of context. You aren't blaming his addiction on Katie, you are just saying that you would drink as well if you had to deal with the stress she puts him under. That comment was about you and your response to her behavior, not Cullen and his addiction.

You get me. :D
☆彡
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Playsinrain wrote:
KaterTot wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 am

One of the only things that makes me disagree with this is Katie's sanctimonious "Divorce is something you we just don't do. We made a vow to God and you can't go back on that" stuff that she was spewing during the depression sit down. She seemed very clear that divorce wasn't an option no matter what. Maybe she's changed her mind, but with that attitude and with her trying to cover up her skeletons that Cullen spilled on the podcast, i think her perfect life and family image means WAY too much to her.

I think her working on herself is a way for her to deal with not being able to fix Cullen.. She can't fix him, but she can fix herself. Either she's doing it be she is really ready for a change, she's doing it to distract herself from her marriage issues OR she's doing it to rub it in Cullens face. "See i can stop drinking, eat better, wake up at 5am, and clean out the entire house. If i can do all that, why can't you just stop drinking..." I hope that's not the reality of it, but i wouldn't put it above her. I would hope that she realizes that just bc she can easily stop her drinking habits doesn't mean that it will be that easy for Cullen.

All that being said, i do think that Katie looks better, i know she feels better, she is getting her life together like she should have been doing ages ago and it seems like positive changes. I just hope she's doing these things for the true betterment of herself and her household and not just to use as some sort of resentment towards Cullen. I also hope that she wouldn't leave him just bc of his addiction. There are situations where i think that is 100% acceptable, but with the information we have been given i feel like it's her duty as his wife to stay by his side during this time. Unless there are some terrible things happening behind the scenes that we aren't seeing, then yes... she needs to get her and the kids out. I just dont think it's gotten to that point though, but you never know...

I don’t remember her saying that divorce is not an option. Thats weird because she has already admitted to being very close to leaving him once already. But if i remember correctly the main reason she stayed was because she didn’t know if she could take care of the kids by herself. If she gets her own channel going with a good following she can leave him and still not have to work.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

This addiction stuff has certainly been good for business.

Don’t Tell Mom has gained 1500 subs in the last few days, and the addiction video has over 30k views, where they were averaging 1.5k views per video before.

KOTFS has been steadily growing since she started regular uploads, but she’s seen a big boom this week in subs and views. Their main channel hasn’t seen as much growth, but Cullen’s addiction video got 3 times as many views as their regular vlogs.

This could literally be a turning point in their career and marriage.
:roll:
captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

Theirmom wrote:This addiction stuff has certainly been good for business.

Don’t Tell Mom has gained 1500 subs in the last few days, and the addiction video has over 30k views, where they were averaging 1.5k views per video before.

KOTFS has been steadily growing since she started regular uploads, but she’s seen a big boom this week in subs and views. Their main channel hasn’t seen as much growth, but Cullen’s addiction video got 3 times as many views as their regular vlogs.

This could literally be a turning point in their career and marriage.

I’d be willing to subscribe and watch again if they continue to be open about what’s actually going on. I do think they have a younger audience, but I also think they lost the majority of their adult audience by attempting to portray this perfect life. I knew it was all BS so I couldn’t watch anymore.

I do think it would help Cullen with being transparent and help him be “accountable” (his words not mine) by explaining what he’s addicted to. Maybe he will as time goes on, I understand he’s taking the first step to acknowledging he’s an addict. But as time goes on, I don’t think people will be so understanding and uplifting if they don’t explain what’s actually happening. That’s like all the attention seekers on Facebook saying “please pray for us, something terrible has happened to a family member” and then 20 people asking what’s going on and them replying “can’t say at this time, please don’t ask questions”. You can only make these claims and ask for prayers so many times before people are over it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Good for her if she does leave him. I've watched them since Tallahassee and it's become really obvious they just aren't compatible—especially after they had kids. I think they are two very different people and it just doesn't work anymore. Better to split up than be miserable for the rest of their lives.

They really do remind me of Shay and Colette—addiction, codependency issues, etc.—but I think Katie knows she CAN get a divorce and leave his loser ass behind. I stopped watching their channel because I couldn't stand Cullen. He's worse than a child! I might be one of the few, but I can totally see why Katie is ready to call it quits. I would NEVER put up with Cullen and his antics. He's an idiot!

I really want to know what happened last weekend for Cullen to suddenly get sober and Katie to leave with the kids (or kick Cullen out). Arrested? Caught cheating?? He must have done something!!!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Lol, it looks like we're choosing sides if/after they divorce. I've always been Team Cullen because that is my type, but I can see how others don't like his childish behavior. I'd rather have a humorous, fun, carefree person in my life than an entitled, high maintenance person who doesn't really like to joke around.

Hope he does get all the help he needs and deserves.
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I’m not picking sides, because I think they both need help. I’m on team kid. Cullen seems a little more willing to disclose his faults, which is promising in terms of change, but is also going to really count against him if they split and Katie has to know that. For the kids sake, I hope they both address their issues. Even a spending addiction can be detrimental to the family.

I do think too much credit is being given to Katie and how much she’s changed. That’s great she learned to edit, but she still leaves the daily vlogs to Cullen. If he isn’t available to edit, it doesn’t happen. Her channel may be doing well, but I don’t think she has what it takes to keep it interesting. Katie in general isn’t interesting, and if she fails to open up about her own struggles, people will lose interest. Cullen on the other hand will be able to vlog about his recovery and if he continues to be open, that will be very interesting. People love to make a connection with YTers, and openness is key. If Cullen doesn’t have Katie keeping him quiet, it would be interesting to see just how open he can be.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”