Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

You guys really called it. I'm really glad Cullen has decided to be real about this.

People in their 20s and 30s are dealing with more alcoholism than any previous generation- studies show. Liver issues are abundant in millennials.

A huge part of it is our culture. Alcohol is advertised as this elixir of life. This message is drilled into our head at a very young age with media and commercials and the way we watch adults behave. Our society puts babies in onesies that say "Daddy's Drinking Buddy" and sells wine called "Mommy's Time Out". You can't scroll through Facebook in a 5 minute period without seeing a meme about drinking. How many times did all of you see the meme about the woman drinking wine out of a Pringles canister because she was hiding from her kids? It all seems funny until we really step back and look at or societies approach to alcohol. Alcohol causes more health issues than some more hardcore drugs- and yet our society's attitude towards alcohol is completely different than how we approach cocaine for instance. It is JUST as dangerous and destructive- it just is a slower descent.

I've been through exactly what Cullen and Katie are going through to like an eeiry level. My husband and I met 13 years ago at age 19 and drinking was a big part of our relationship. Before we knew it we had two kids and were drinking every night "to take the edge off of life" but as a result felt hung over and miserable the next day- lacking productivity and self esteem- with neurotransmitters that didn't work effectively anymore.

My husband started to dabble in also using percocets which caused us major marital issues and financial issues.

We are both okay now (thanks to therapy, the book The Naked Mind by Annie Grace, and the amazing /stopdrinking community on reddit)- but it was a scary struggle for many years.

I relate 100% so much to what Katie and Cullen are going through and like you guys- I suspect they haven't hit their personal rock bottom yet if they think they can still be weekend drinkers. Or maybe they thought that and now they don't. I for know. I think Katie needs to be more real with herself about her own alcoholism. I'm sure deep down she knows she's a problem drinker and that she's in denial.

I want to agree that being home is a big contributor to alcoholism. My husband and I own a shared business and we can get away with only each working 20 or hours a week each- and I think it was a huge part of own journey with alcoholism.

I am hopeful they both get the help they need.
oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

ewokfan11 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 pm
oldschoolmom39 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:53 pm I am baffled that only Cullen's addictions are coming out when Katie clearly has some demons of her own. Her shopping addiction for one. I have never seen a family of four that has as many clothes, shoes, accessories and other nonsense as they do. I think he cracked her picture perfect family image and she resents him for it. I would rather these vloggers show their real life and be honest about struggles rather than putting on an act and pulling the wool over people's eyes and acting like they are something they are not. I feel bad for Cullen on this one.
Katie's "shopping addiction" is NOT the same. First of all, her mom buys a TON of clothes for her kids and she gets sent free clothes from brands. I don't even think Katie has a shopping problem other than using the free gift cards they are sent. YTers are sent free stuff ALL THE TIME!

Cullen obviously does have a problem, but do I think he'll really get help...100% nope!
Whether she is paying out of pocket or not she still has a hoarding issue with it and Cullen has mentioned it on the vlogs several times. I have no doubt they both have issues that need to be addressed and worked on he is just being a little more forthcoming than she is.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Something about them still doesn’t feel fully honest. But I am sure they’re excited about so many people jumping back on their bandwagon.

I hope Katie does not stay if she truly is done. It will only backfire in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I wonder if the turnaround case because Katie is done. She began editing her own videos, she began bettering herself, she is trying to make better choices, this began long before Cullen came out. I wonder if he realizes she can and will do it alone. She doesn’t need him and he either shapes up or leaves.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cullen said the turnaround happened because Grandberry called THEM out on the drinking. As in, they both were doing it to excess.

He was pretty clear that Katie has issues too. It didn’t seem like he was throwing her under the bus, so I don’t think he was just making up issues to make himself sound better.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51 pm Cullen said the turnaround happened because Grandberry called THEM out on the drinking. As in, they both were doing it to excess.

He was pretty clear that Katie has issues too. It didn’t seem like he was throwing her under the bus, so I don’t think he was just making up issues to make himself sound better.
Nope. Katie made it clear tonight that it was only Cullen's problem. She's never had a problem, but she's tried to help Cullen with his problem for YEARS.

Grandberry NEVER "called them out"! Where did you even think that up???

As for the people asking about Cullen and college...NOOOOO he didn't graduate from college. He only took some classes at a local community college. He's a fucking loooooser!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

How is he more of a loser than Katie exactly? He’s been struggling with mental illness, as well as some form of addiction. As a professional therapist she should have known he shouldn’t even be drinking while on his mental health meds. She said in her video she can’t control him and isn’t responsible, but she certainly controls him and manages to get her way when it comes to the purchases he said troubled him. Sorry, you can’t convince me that she wasn’t drinking right along with him. I saw it too many times in IG stories! Their channel is failing at the moment, and she isn’t exactly supporting them either. Yay she’s finally managing her own channel, but Cullen still has the podcast and main channel. Let’s not pretend Katie has shown more maturity than she has.

Cullen said Grandberry noticed the drinking was excessive. She obviously made a comment that he took to heart since he mentioned it. I’d call that “calling him out.”

I watched what Katie said, and stand by the opinion that she is being a sanctimonious cow about everything. She has taken zero responsibility for how things have gone, even justifying why the channel was allowed to fail when Cullen was struggling. She couldn’t function when things weren’t good for them. That explained all the vlogs that were promised and didn’t come out. Great. So she was incapable of supporting Cullen when he was struggling, just like the saw he lost time he came out about his mental illness.

I’m watching and listening to what BOTH OF THEM have to say, and forming my opinion on what makes sense, rather than what any one of them said. Pretty clear some people have a strong anti-Cullen bias based on how much education he has/has not completed. Katie has an education she isn’t even using and it’s fairly obvious she isn’t very current with her skills. It didn’t matter than she has more education than Cullen has.... she’s working in the same profession Cullen is at the moment, and is A LOT newer to it. If they go their own ways, Cullen will most certainly retain more of the audience than Katie will long-term, because of his willingness to be open.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

ewokfan11 wrote:
As for the people asking about Cullen and college...NOOOOO he didn't graduate from college. He only took some classes at a local community college. He's a fucking loooooser!
Not going to college/university doesn’t make someone a loser, you elitist cow.
:roll:
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 pm Cullen said Grandberry noticed the drinking was excessive. She obviously made a comment that he took to heart since he mentioned it. I’d call that “calling him out.”
Yes, I think his mom might have called HIM out, but Katie made it clear that it's Cullen's problem, not hers—and she doesn't have a problem. Some people can have a few cocktails and not be alcoholics. I did get the feeling she's also hinting at drugs.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie is making it even worse now in her "discussing the addiction" video, which the title already suggested. What is there to discuss Katie, go talk about your own stuff, and also get views and $$ for your _own_ content. That dumb "bitch" isn't even interested in the total Moon eclipse. She could have talked about many subjects in the world, but no she is speaking bad about Cullen (oh yeah and about Gaines of course, in her little universe), and has to milk the addiction, partly because of her own lack of interesting personality, lack of creative thinking and lack of ideas.

Inappropriate and she is crossing the line in my opinion, by mentioning personal stuff about Cullen and implicitly and explicitly talking bad about him (for instance with the swimming pool metaphor), while hypocritically having said she doesn't want to reveal details, about herself that is, and she said it was not her place to talk about it when she could get credit for being such a noble person, but now she is doing the opposite.

She is so dreaded by ruining her perfect image, we already knew this but she's proving it again. I hate it how she's distancing herself from the situation, she made sure to do so from the very start, and is reinforcing it with this video. What a hypocrite. Katie was heavenly drinking together with him, I want to have said this loud and clear. Cullen absolutely did not lie nor gave inaccurate information. I also hate it how she's portraying herself as a victim, as part of blaming Cullen for everything. And she also said she was glad (she put it in terms of being grateful) by the support of "my lovely family", she means her own family, independent of Cullen.

Also notice how she's already divorced him in her mind, speaking in "I" and "my" terms about her future and future career. She was too much of a coward to divorce Cullen last year, I said it back then that she was using him. And she still is while preparing for a divorce. I certainly won't give her compliments nor think she's strong or courageous if she does.

Notice how she not even once said: "we're dealing with this, we're working on it, I'm supporting Cullen as much as I can, we've talked a lot, which was helpful for him, he told....." Classy and professional would have been to shortly mention something like this in the beginning of the video, because it would have been strange maybe to act like nothing has happened, but then she should have filled the video with her own content. When is she finally going to start cleaning out the books, step 2, by the way, another subject she could have talked about. I'm tired of her milking and procrastinating (she may deny whatever she wants).

I'm wishing Cullen all the best and feel for him, it's not chic what Katie is doing.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 pm
HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 pm Cullen said Grandberry noticed the drinking was excessive. She obviously made a comment that he took to heart since he mentioned it. I’d call that “calling him out.”
Yes, I think his mom might have called HIM out, but Katie made it clear that it's Cullen's problem, not hers—and she doesn't have a problem. Some people can have a few cocktails and not be alcoholics. I did get the feeling she's also hinting at drugs.
It's not her place to hint anything, she said so herself!
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 pm How is he more of a loser than Katie exactly? He’s been struggling with mental illness, as well as some form of addiction. As a professional therapist she should have known he shouldn’t even be drinking while on his mental health meds. She said in her video she can’t control him and isn’t responsible, but she certainly controls him and manages to get her way when it comes to the purchases he said troubled him. Sorry, you can’t convince me that she wasn’t drinking right along with him. I saw it too many times in IG stories! Their channel is failing at the moment, and she isn’t exactly supporting them either. Yay she’s finally managing her own channel, but Cullen still has the podcast and main channel. Let’s not pretend Katie has shown more maturity than she has.

Cullen said Grandberry noticed the drinking was excessive. She obviously made a comment that he took to heart since he mentioned it. I’d call that “calling him out.”

I watched what Katie said, and stand by the opinion that she is being a sanctimonious cow about everything. She has taken zero responsibility for how things have gone, even justifying why the channel was allowed to fail when Cullen was struggling. She couldn’t function when things weren’t good for them. That explained all the vlogs that were promised and didn’t come out. Great. So she was incapable of supporting Cullen when he was struggling, just like the saw he lost time he came out about his mental illness.

I’m watching and listening to what BOTH OF THEM have to say, and forming my opinion on what makes sense, rather than what any one of them said. Pretty clear some people have a strong anti-Cullen bias based on how much education he has/has not completed. Katie has an education she isn’t even using and it’s fairly obvious she isn’t very current with her skills. It didn’t matter than she has more education than Cullen has.... she’s working in the same profession Cullen is at the moment, and is A LOT newer to it. If they go their own ways, Cullen will most certainly retain more of the audience than Katie will long-term, because of his willingness to be open.

I think it's old-fashioned of her, her strict 'man/woman' division, that she never showed one bit of interest in editing and that she even couldn't do it for their channel's sake when her husband was sick, let's just suppose Cullen had the flue as a neutral example and which just happens in life. She wasn't even capable in sustaining their channel and supporting her husband, while they're in here together and it's their joined career. Now, opportunistically she has learned how to edit to build her independence of Cullen. A little too late, Katie, to gain ANY respect from me. Besides, she live-streams once per week: to not have to edit. And she has no content whatsoever. She is very very boring, annoying even, to listen to.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I agree that it seems like she has just completely separated herself from Cullen/the situation. She talked about wanting the old Cullen back and she is so obsessed with the whole I didn't cause it can't cure it thing. I think she has failed to realize that even though he does have to be the one to want to change she needs to be there to help him and at least give him emotional support. She's right this is 100% Cullen's addiction but she needs to come down off that high horse and be there for him. It seems to me like she just wants him to go away until he is 100% better, but he will never get better if they still drink together. One of our good friends is a recovering alcoholic and we go to a lot of their extended family get togethers and they were a big drinking family and now they hardly ever drink much if at all around him out of support. You can't talk about your husband's drug and alcohol struggles and how hard they are and then shrug and keep sipping on a margarita. Going to higher education doesn't make you a better person than anyone else and clearly higher education did nothing for Katie because she can't even apply basic psychology ideas to her own marriage.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Remember when Cullen was in the hospital for his face infection, they had to send someone their videos to be edited. That must have been a wake up call to Katie as to how dependent she is on him.
Cullen’s addiction is not Katie’s fault. Him not getting help when she tried to push him is not Katie’s fault.
Cullen not going to college does not make him a loser, probably smart not to waste the money.
Grandberry expressing concern was probably the wake up call Cullen needed. His father was a drinker and we know his sister has issues. Seems addiction is in their DNA.
I really don’t care what substances he is addicted to as long as the two children are in a safe environment. I hope he has hit enough of a bottom to get help.
Katie May have her own issues, she is probably doing all her self improvement to prove to herself that she is not an alcoholic. She doesn’t seem to be drinking as much as her face is not as puffy.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 pm
But no problem is EVER Katie's problem. EVER. She never takes the heat for anything she does with grace like Cullen does. And you have NO IDEA if she has a problem or not. You only know what SHE wants you to know. She's pissed as FUCK bc Cullen outed her on her drinking issues and refuses to even speak about what role her drinking had in the whole scheme of things. Katie has you bamboozled my friend, her Koolaid must be strong as hell.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lovingthisforum wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 am
HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 pm How is he more of a loser than Katie exactly? He’s been struggling with mental illness, as well as some form of addiction. As a professional therapist she should have known he shouldn’t even be drinking while on his mental health meds. She said in her video she can’t control him and isn’t responsible, but she certainly controls him and manages to get her way when it comes to the purchases he said troubled him. Sorry, you can’t convince me that she wasn’t drinking right along with him. I saw it too many times in IG stories! Their channel is failing at the moment, and she isn’t exactly supporting them either. Yay she’s finally managing her own channel, but Cullen still has the podcast and main channel. Let’s not pretend Katie has shown more maturity than she has.

I think it's old-fashioned of her, her strict 'man/woman' division, that she never showed one bit of interest in editing and that she even couldn't do it for their channel's sake when her husband was sick, let's just suppose Cullen had the flue as a neutral example and which just happens in life. She wasn't even capable in sustaining their channel and supporting her husband, while they're in here together and it's their joined career. Now, opportunistically she has learned how to edit to build her independence of Cullen. A little too late, Katie, to gain ANY respect from me. Besides, she live-streams once per week: to not have to edit. And she has no content whatsoever. She is very very boring, annoying even, to listen to.
if i'm not mistaken, when Cullen was in the hospital when his face nearly fell off wasn't he still editing then, or had Kelly editing the vlogs?? She couldnt be bothered even then to help out.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:58 am Remember when Cullen was in the hospital for his face infection, they had to send someone their videos to be edited. That must have been a wake up call to Katie as to how dependent she is on him.
Cullen’s addiction is not Katie’s fault. Him not getting help when she tried to push him is not Katie’s fault.
Cullen not going to college does not make him a loser, probably smart not to waste the money.
Grandberry expressing concern was probably the wake up call Cullen needed. His father was a drinker and we know his sister has issues. Seems addiction is in their DNA.
I really don’t care what substances he is addicted to as long as the two children are in a safe environment. I hope he has hit enough of a bottom to get help.
Katie May have her own issues, she is probably doing all her self improvement to prove to herself that she is not an alcoholic. She doesn’t seem to be drinking as much as her face is not as puffy.

You are right!! it was Randy, from Randy and Anna that was editing, not Kelly... i knew it was someone other than Katie bc she was too busy going shopping for sock and underwear instead of going home and getting him some. lol
woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

My question is if the addiction was so bad during the whole depression episode last year. Why did they think "date nights" where they went out drinking, were such a Great idea

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

woahnow wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 am My question is if the addiction was so bad during the whole depression episode last year. Why did they think "date nights" where they went out drinking, were such a Great ideaImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I saw someone else post about it, and i agree... it's bc they have been drinking and partying together since day one of the relationship. Neither of them know how to have a good time with each other without having drinks involved. One big thing that they are going to have to learn in this new chapter of this relationship is how to have fun together sober.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote: I saw someone else post about it, and i agree... it's bc they have been drinking and partying together since day one of the relationship. Neither of them know how to have a good time with each other without having drinks involved. One big thing that they are going to have to learn in this new chapter of this relationship is how to have fun together sober.
It seems like Cullen needs to learn that, but Katie doesn’t.

I got the impression that as long as SHE doesn’t have a problem she can keep drinking no problem.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”