OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

Unread post by chloe6124 »

I just watched yesterday’s vlog with their doctor appointment. I love Levi’s reaction to everything. What is even more impressive is how Kyra talked and explained everything. When she explained what the owlet monitor was that was such good parenting. This is why the kids talk so well and kk kids don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
celeste1029
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by celeste1029 »

chloe6124 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 am I just watched yesterday’s vlog with their doctor appointment. I love Levi’s reaction to everything. What is even more impressive is how Kyra talked and explained everything. When she explained what the owlet monitor was that was such good parenting. This is why the kids talk so well and kk kids don’t.

I agree! What I've noticed is that OK will explain things even if their kids won't necessarily understand every single word (because that's how kids learn!), while it seems like KK just doesn't bother to explain at all for the same reason
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

chloe6124 wrote:I just watched yesterday’s vlog with their doctor appointment. I love Levi’s reaction to everything. What is even more impressive is how Kyra talked and explained everything. When she explained what the owlet monitor was that was such good parenting. This is why the kids talk so well and kk kids don’t.

It broke my heart how he was so concerned for kyras shots and made sure she could still walk. His reactions from his shots will be traumatic for him and hard next time he needs more.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

prbeca wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:I just watched yesterday’s vlog with their doctor appointment. I love Levi’s reaction to everything. What is even more impressive is how Kyra talked and explained everything. When she explained what the owlet monitor was that was such good parenting. This is why the kids talk so well and kk kids don’t.

It broke my heart how he was so concerned for kyras shots and made sure she could still walk. His reactions from his shots will be traumatic for him and hard next time he needs more.

I think he is going to grow up really wanting to help others. He has such a compassionate soul already for being only 3. Hopefully he won’t need any more shots for awhile. I think the doctor said a year.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

prbeca wrote:
mem3896 wrote:
lovebug1212 wrote: Oh oops, I was looking at the channel linked in his bio! Oops

Alissa actually really annoys me but the song she sang and the way her boyfriend mixed it sounded really good.

Can we not talk about Alissa? Besides her name I really like her and don’t want to hear negitive things about her. Doesn’t she have her own thread

*Insert giant eye roll*
People are allowed to say what they want. She's relevant to the thread. Just close your eyes or something

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
prbeca wrote:
mem3896 wrote:
Alissa actually really annoys me but the song she sang and the way her boyfriend mixed it sounded really good.

Can we not talk about Alissa? Besides her name I really like her and don’t want to hear negitive things about her. Doesn’t she have her own thread

*Insert giant eye roll*
People are allowed to say what they want. She's relevant to the thread. Just close your eyes or something

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes!

Sometimes people in this thread are ridiculous.
According to one person we weren’t allowed to talk about Oscar’s mother. Even though she had Levi and Alaya with her at the time we were discussing.

Like damn untwist those panties for a second.

kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

ytmdlover27 wrote:
kayjay wrote:
roxyroller wrote: I remember her saying she was seeing a therapist but then it got too expensive... which sucks tbh

I really think her and Oscar both need some mental health help.

She's very emotional and has trouble controlling her anger. I've always thought she might have Borderline personality disorder. It's a very difficult disorder to live with untreated. It has a very high suicide rate as well.

Oscar seems very forgetful and hyper. Maybe adult ADHD?

Just the other day he said something like "can't wait to have three girls mad at me all the time" Kyra needs to get help for that.

And Kyra has said he is like her third child
. Which i can understand would be frustrating to deal with as well as trying to care for the kids, clean, edit, cook and vlog.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

I was just saying that they might need some mental health help. That doesn't nessciarily mean medication.

Mass shootings in the US are caused by loopholes and lax gun laws, not by people seeking mental health care.

chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

We are well overdue a new thread!

KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

I'm like a week late on this, but Oscar pleasantly surprised me a little. I liked how he was teaching Alaya that she isn't obligated to force laughter for a boy if he isn't even really being all that funny.

Oscar's wise words: "if he's not funny, he's not funny - not all of us have it!" :lol: And I think that's great advice for girls of all ages
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

If everyone could go and suggest/vote for a new thread title in the OKBaby suggestions thread. I’ll start a new thread in approx 8 hours if a mod doesn’t appear!

bookwrm97
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bookwrm97 »

What is up with all these spam posts? Reported hopefully mods will get rid of them.

fps
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by fps »

kayjay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm
ytmdlover27 wrote:
kayjay wrote:I really think her and Oscar both need some mental health help.

She's very emotional and has trouble controlling her anger. I've always thought she might have Borderline personality disorder. It's a very difficult disorder to live with untreated. It has a very high suicide rate as well.

Oscar seems very forgetful and hyper. Maybe adult ADHD?

Just the other day he said something like "can't wait to have three girls mad at me all the time" Kyra needs to get help for that.

And Kyra has said he is like her third child
. Which i can understand would be frustrating to deal with as well as trying to care for the kids, clean, edit, cook and vlog.

No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

I was just saying that they might need some mental health help. That doesn't nessciarily mean medication.

Mass shootings in the US are caused by loopholes and lax gun laws, not by people seeking mental health care.

Gun laws in most of the US are not lax. For example, in the Newtown shooting in Connecticut, the mentally ill shooter killed his mother and stole her legally obtained guns, to proceed with the shooting. The cause of that shooting was mental health issues.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fps wrote:
ytmdlover27 wrote: No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

Gun laws in most of the US are not lax. For example, in the Newtown shooting in Connecticut, the mentally ill shooter killed his mother and stole her legally obtained guns, to proceed with the shooting. The cause of that shooting was mental health issues.
Yep. The states that have the most strict laws have had some of the worst mass shootings. When someone wants to shoot someone they will find a away to get the gun illegally. We already have laws in place. More laws is not the answer. When someone is intent on breaking the law no law is going to stop them.

fps
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by fps »

chloe6124 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:22 pm
fps wrote:
kayjay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm I was just saying that they might need some mental health help. That doesn't nessciarily mean medication.

Yep. The states that have the most strict laws have had some of the worst mass shootings. When someone wants to shoot someone they will find a away to get the gun illegally. We already have laws in place. More laws is not the answer. When someone is intent on breaking the law no law is going to stop them.

Exactly, thanks Chloe. Gun laws only affect people who actually follow the law.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

chloe6124 wrote:
fps wrote:
kayjay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm I was just saying that they might need some mental health help. That doesn't nessciarily mean medication.

I disagree. In Australia we have strict gun laws and we have restrictions on what guns you can obtain and we haven’t had a mass shooting since 1996 when the laws were implemented. Yes we have gun crime, no law is perfect, but nowhere near what it is in other countries. A similar rifle to what was used in one of the mass shootings in America would cost close to $40,000 on the street in australia. People aren’t paying that for a gun. Agree to disagree I guess, but I sleep easy at night knowing that I can send my children to school everyday and not worry about some lunatic coming in and shooting a bunch of children with a military grade rifle that he should have never been able to get his hands on, legally or illegally.

WaterBlue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WaterBlue »

prbeca wrote:
mem3896 wrote:
lovebug1212 wrote: Oh oops, I was looking at the channel linked in his bio! Oops

It’s opposite for me. I can’t stand anything about her including her name so can we not talk about her here?

landonsmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by landonsmommy »

staceybrax wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:
fps wrote:

I disagree. In Australia we have strict gun laws and we have restrictions on what guns you can obtain and we haven’t had a mass shooting since 1996 when the laws were implemented. Yes we have gun crime, no law is perfect, but nowhere near what it is in other countries. A similar rifle to what was used in one of the mass shootings in America would cost close to $40,000 on the street in australia. People aren’t paying that for a gun. Agree to disagree I guess, but I sleep easy at night knowing that I can send my children to school everyday and not worry about some lunatic coming in and shooting a bunch of children with a military grade rifle that he should have never been able to get his hands on, legally or illegally.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US and some of the highest rates of shooting in the US. It’s just not working. The US could completely ban guns and so many people would still keep them. Just like making heroin and cocaine illegal didn’t solve that issue. I dont wanna be involved in a gun control debate on a YTMD thread lmao just my 2 cents.

fps
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by fps »

staceymj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm
chloe6124 wrote:
fps wrote:

Looking at the numbers, the likelihood of death by pool (1 in 11,000) versus death by gun (1 in 1 million-plus) isn’t even close. Children under the age of ten are far more likely to die in swimming accidents that by guns. If you really care about children you can go around filling in pools in the middle of the night to prevent actual deaths.
kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

fps wrote:
ytmdlover27 wrote: No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

"Lax" meaning relaxed gun laws. We have the fewest regulations and waiting time when purchasing firearms.

I completely agree with the importance of treating mental illnesses.

kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

fps wrote:
staceymj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm
chloe6124 wrote:

Looking at the numbers, the likelihood of death by pool (1 in 11,000) versus death by gun (1 in 1 million-plus) isn’t even close. Children under the age of ten are far more likely to die in swimming accidents that by guns. If you really care about children you can go around filling in pools in the middle of the night to prevent actual deaths.
Because kids die from pools we shouldn't do anything to prevent the mass shootings in the US?

Return to “OKBaby”