8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by endof »

Elah_w wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 pm The food issues really bother me. I spent a few years working at a place that works with foster kids and some of the food issues those kids showed were similar to the 8 passenger kids (hoarding, binging, getting very upset over food, etc.) It was very telling a few vlogs back when Julie said eating all the leftovers on Sunday is the best part of the week because mom doesn’t yell at us for eating. That little comment honestly made me gasp.

And look at all the cereal and junk Chad got for his birthday from friends. Idk I thought it was weird. Eve isn’t growing, Shari is super short, and the other kids are pretty thin. They have the smallest and strangest portions I have ever seen for meals. I’ll show my husband their meals and we’re both like that’s literally enough for just the 2 of us with MAYBE another leftover meal?? And we are both averaged sized. This family is so fricken weird!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recently Bonster showed this tiny bowl of spaghetti she gave them we were shocked too, our five year old eats a full adult plate salad she is stick thin but does activities! They are always looking for a sugar rush and feeding on oreos that is a sign of lack of nutrition! Never mind they are constantly sick or suffering the flu! Ruby recently said she can’t stand fresh greens seriously? The children need these the most!
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

I’d say all the kids are normal sizes beside Julie who is sooo tall. When I compare Ruby’s kids to other kids their ages, they look the same size wise.
I also have never seen any of them binging lol maybe because I don’t watch their blogs always but when she cooks she puts it in a big plate on the table and all of them just serves themselves. I’d think if there’s so much leftover to make it into a meal on Sundays that’s because they are all full.
I do think their eating habit are strange (lot of sugar,milk and bread) however I spent 2 months in the United state and I saw some pretty horrific diet (2 years old always eating out, drinking lots of soda and the portions in stores )
so I would say compared to that their diet is pretty normal as I think a home cooked meal is always best.
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

Jennthelurker wrote:I’d say all the kids are normal sizes beside Julie who is sooo tall. When I compare Ruby’s kids to other kids their ages, they look the same size wise.
I also have never seen any of them binging lol maybe because I don’t watch their blogs always but when she cooks she puts it in a big plate on the table and all of them just serves themselves. I’d think if there’s so much leftover to make it into a meal on Sundays that’s because they are all full.
I do think their eating habit are strange (lot of sugar,milk and bread) however I spent 2 months in the United state and I saw some pretty horrific diet (2 years old always eating out, drinking lots of soda and the portions in stores Image)
so I would say compared to that their diet is pretty normal as I think a home cooked meal is always best.
They are NOT normal sized. Shari is what 5'1 / 5'2 ? Eve hasn't outgrown a size in more than a year! Plus saying there is a lot leftover is a really bad excuse. In manipulative families like that the kids don't stop eating just because they're not hungry. They probably start out with a small portion, because there has to be enough for everybody. After that, if they are still hungry I can imagine Ruby would judge /yell at them for refilling their plates.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Jennthelurker wrote:I’d say all the kids are normal sizes beside Julie who is sooo tall. When I compare Ruby’s kids to other kids their ages, they look the same size wise.
I do think their eating habit are strange (lot of sugar,milk and bread) however I spent 2 months in the United state and I saw some pretty horrific diet (2 years old always eating out, drinking lots of soda and the portions in stores Image)
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... df1216.jpg[/IMG]

This was their serving of ham for 8 people!! Many American portions are oversized but these are not normal by any means. They all had a single chicken leg for dinner the other week and ended up getting out chips and oatmeal to supplement the meal. Their main dish portions are by no means average for a family of that size that includes two adults, teenagers, and growing children.

Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Mieke wrote:
They are NOT normal sized. Shari is what 5'1 / 5'2 ? Eve hasn't outgrown a size in more than a year! Plus saying there is a lot leftover is a really bad excuse. In manipulative families like that the kids don't stop eating just because they're not hungry. They probably start out with a small portion, because there has to be enough for everybody. After that, if they are still hungry I can imagine Ruby would judge /yell at them for refilling their plates.

Maybe I expressed badly but I was talking about their sizes not height!

For their height, Shari and Eve are probably in the normal weight range : not under or overweight.
If you wanna talk about height, look at Simone biles, an athlete who eat very healthy and work out a lot yet she is very very short. She has a sister, Adriana Biles who is very tall. Some people are naturally short and it often has nothing to do with their eating habits.
Look at the kardashians for exemple: khloe is tall while Kim and kourtney are short. Sometimes genetic is funny like that.
If I it’s because they are all so malnourished, why is Julie growing so beautifully? Why is chad even growing « muscles »

I don’t know I think it’s different for every child. Shari and Eve looks so alike I think they got the same genes which is why they are so short.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Tiger27 wrote:
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... df1216.jpg[/IMG]

This was their serving of ham for 8 people!! Many American portions are oversized but these are not normal by any means. They all had a single chicken leg for dinner the other week and ended up getting out chips and oatmeal to supplement the meal. Their main dish portions are by no means average for a family of that size that includes two adults, teenagers, and growing children.

Yes I agree this is very little for eight people lol
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Mieke wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Shari is 4'11. Ruby around 5'2.
awinedengar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by awinedengar »

The children are very malnourished. Look at the bags and darkness under their eyes.... that alone screams improper nutrition to me. My 4 year old daughter is a non stop eater, all kids that age are! I cant imagine Eve not eating, she has to be hungry constantly. For her to be in the same size clothes for this long, at that age, is atrocious. Little girls grow a lot during their first 6 years, and it seems like little Eve will always be little.

FEED YOUR KIDS RUBY!!!!!
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 am HS said on the last thread that Chad is a jerk because that's what he sees modeled. I totally agree. Kevin just seems like a smug a-hole. He and Shari have ganged up on Ruby in the past. Taking sides with a child to make fun of your spouse is so disrespectful.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Wow... i don't remember seeing that vlog. That is so sad that Kevin sets such a bad example for his children. Im also curious as to why he seems distant in the vlogs, I know he works a lot and is away quite often, but when we do see him he always seems to have this distant personality, almost like he doesnt care what is happening.
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

Recently there was a vlog where Ruby made chicken wings for dinner. How many did she make? 8. 8 freaking chicken wings- one for each person. I could eat 8 myself for dinner lol. I don't get it!!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I think Kevin might feel like he did his part..procreated, provided for..now he straight up doesn’t give 2 shits about home life. He runs off on his many “work trips” as an escape.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

1) Khloe Kardashian towers over her family because she has a different father (allegedly). That is also why she is the only one to have blonde curly hair.

2) Ruby has stated she is "barely 5'2", Shari is only 4' something. The whole family is short, so Julie's height might be misleading.

3) Shari was insistent on her last video that she sees absolutely no resemblance between her and Eve. She thinks people only say it is because of their brown hair. She must be blind....or hold some deep resentments.

4) Olympic gymnasts growth is often severely stunted, due to the fact that they don't have enough body fat to trigger puberty, combined with the abuse their body suffers from extreme exercise and potential nutrition issues.
Swiss Miss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Swiss Miss »

Olympic gymnasts do not have stunted growth. Usually the best gymnasts are the short ones. It’s easier to be a succgymnast if you’re short but the sport doesn’t make anyone short!
I’m 5’1”. I have two teenage daughters both of whom are 5’7” and an 11 year old who is on the low end of average for height. Everyone is individual. The Franke children are not under weight. You have to look at The Whole height/weight package. These child look to be just fine
Vegetarian since long before it became trendy
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Swiss Miss wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 pm Olympic gymnasts do not have stunted growth. Usually the best gymnasts are the short ones. It’s easier to be a succgymnast if you’re short but the sport doesn’t make anyone short!
Maybe. Many research studies disagree with you though!

"A 2013 study from kinesiologists at the University of Texas at Austin, for example, concluded that gymnastics training, however intensive, did not appear to have any effect on gymnasts' heights as adults or on the growth spurts that accompany puberty. Other studies suggest that while gymnasts' growth might be affected by training during their active years, they seem to "make it up" by the time they reach adulthood. A 2000 study in the Journal of Pediatrics found that while active gymnasts did tend to have shorter legs and sitting heights, they made up for these deficits once they retired from the sport."

"According to a study published in “The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism” in 2004, the impact of stress and physical training on growth is influenced by many factors, including the type of exercise, the intensity of the training and the time in life that the physical activity begins. Competitive gymnasts spend an extreme amount of time training, usually between 26 and 28 hours each week. For many gymnasts, the time spent competing coincides with puberty. The 2004 study showed that the intense physical training of gymnastics can impact the musculoskeletal growth and maturation that is supposed to occur during this time.

The study published in “The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism” in 2004 evaluated growth and skeletal maturation in male and female artistic gymnasts between the ages of 13 and 23. Results showed that both male and female artistic gymnasts were shorter and slimmer than their non-gymnast counterparts. These athletes exhibited a significant delay in skeletal maturation, as well. The growth delay observed in this study was also more pronounced in males than in females. These gymnasts did exhibit catch-up growth, however, once their gymnastics careers ended."
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Did you guys noticed Julie was hiding when Abby was receiving her valentines gift. She was upstairs and kinda hiding i don’t know I found that to be a strange reaction.
I fell like she may be feeling left out with all her siblings having valentines I feel bad for her.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

I personally find it absolutely gross how both mom’s push to sexualise the children for vlog material! It is definitely not innocent fun but sending messages to the children that this is what brings joy in life! Wish she promoted this positivity to education too! The way Ruby went ahhhhh Chad nearly made me bring up! She is immature to a fault and living her own loveless life through her children!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

endof wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 am I personally find it absolutely gross how both mom’s push to sexualise the children for vlog material! It is definitely not innocent fun but sending messages to the children that this is what brings joy in life! Wish she promoted this positivity to education too! The way Ruby went ahhhhh Chad nearly made me bring up! She is immature to a fault and living her own loveless life through her children!
moms
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Regardless Kevin provides for his family and the kids love and adore him because he is a funny and good father. About him looking distance isn't unique for him because that's how most husbands and working men act. My boss and his two male colleagues discussed how they hate how much their wives like to talk when they come home. They rather have a quiet moment when they come home because they have to talk so much at work.

Just because Kevin isn't faking it like many other Youtube fathers who do nothing else outside the Youtube world doesn't mean that he isn't present in his own way. Kevin has said that his approach is hands off. Don't know how many of you work full time with children. Working as a teacher where you have to give so much of your self is tiring. He should be able to chill and relax in his own home with or without the camera filming. Some of you are looking to deep in things that are nothing than normal behavior from a working father with six children.
The only thing that annoys me in his fatherhood is that he doesn't put his foot down enough when it comes to how Ruby treats and exposes the children, he just looks the other way.

Concerning their marriage, if something is wrong than Ruby is equally to blame. But from what I've seen they seem to love each other in their own awkward way. It can't be easy to maintain a marriage with 6 children.
flowerchildd29
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flowerchildd29 »

Jennthelurker wrote:Did you guys noticed Julie was hiding when Abby was receiving her valentines gift. She was upstairs and kinda hiding i don’t know I found that to be a strange reaction.
I fell like she may be feeling left out with all her siblings having valentines I feel bad for her.
Yes I noticed Julie’s reaction. I feel bad for her. I saw a video where the Leroy’s took Abby with them to buy Chad’s gift. It made me feel bad for Julie. I’ve noticed she’s not in the vlogs anymore. It’s all about Abby and Rhett or Chad and Kesley. Or Shari’s know it all attitude. I don’t know about everyone else but they do leave Julie out and treat her bad and it’s not fair.

Kiss my ass XOXO Gossip Girl
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I also thought it was cruel to have Kesley play with Russell's feelings. He is too young/immature/sensitive to understand that she has no interest in him, and he will be shoved to the side for Chad every other day of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if moments after they had their "Valentine's stunt" filmed, Chad took Kesley to watch The Walking Dead, and Russell cried into his "kiss" alone.

Also, how old is Abby's "Valentine"? Was that arranged for vlog content as well, because he looked closer to Eve's age than Abby's....

Return to “8 Passengers”