8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

LilaRose
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by LilaRose »

natalka81 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am I just braced myself and watched almost all of the breaking into the friends' house vlog and I cannot believe that Chad threw a pair of the boy's underwear at his sister's face. That is NOT okay. This family needs to be demonetized. I'm absolutely disgusted.
Chad throwing the underwear is one thing - teenager do a lot of stupid stuff. But Ruby deciding to put it in the vlog is a whole level. Rhett is 11 and seems to be a rather shy kid (I don't follow the LeRoys, but he has been now in some of the 8Passenger's vlogs). Now all world knows what type of underwear he's wearing. Certainly some of his classmates are watching their vlogs - or, even worse, older kids from his school. He probably feels so embarrassed to go back to school.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

natalka81 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 am I just braced myself and watched almost all of the breaking into the friends' house vlog and I cannot believe that Chad threw a pair of the boy's underwear at his sister's face. That is NOT okay. This family needs to be demonetized. I'm absolutely disgusted.
Chad throwing the underwear is one thing - teenagers do a lot of stupid stuff. But Ruby deciding to put it in the vlog is a whole other level. Rhett is 11 and seems to be a rather shy kid (I don't follow the LeRoys, but he has been now in some of the 8Passenger's vlogs). Now all world knows what type of underwear he's wearing. Certainly some of his classmates are watching their vlogs - or, even worse, older kids from his school. He probably feels so embarrassed to go back to school.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

freebeegal wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 pm Isn’t shari 16 now? The whole no dating til 16 thing was bought up again. And was the whole reason for this bizarre family Valentine’s Day. But I could have sworn Shari was 16? Wouldn’t she rather go for a dinner date with her boyfriend without her parents and siblings all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She turns 16 soon I believe
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

LilaRose wrote:Anyone seen their "how we met" vlog? They talked marriage two weeks after meeting for the first time. No wonder there doesn't seem much love between the two of them. Also: Ruby's mile long list about how her future husband has to be - pinned on her college room door. Looks like she only went to college to find a husband and quit school.

Can we please talk about her list of things her potential husband must have? Who the hell makes something like that and KEEPS it? For a minimalist she sure kept something pointless. I’m glad Kevin said if Shari came home at 18 saying she was getting married he’d be concerned.
I also think it’s so weird that they fell in love with each others families before each other but they were already engaged. I think that shows how forced and unhealthy relationships can be.
Also, in the beginning of the video she showed Eve’s room- Eve didn’t share with anyone at that time, did the three older girls room together?
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

lurkerthatposts wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 pm I'm sorry but Shari shoving a huge camera with a mic in her boyfriends face while he's giving her a gift?? wow that's hard to watch it looks so painfully awkward for the poor boy...I guess that's what everyone sees anytime this family goes anywhere? Just seems so strange to be shoving a camera in someone's face while they give you a valentines present...
Agreed. The whole video was awkward and uncomfortable. Abby and Rhett opening gifts in front of everyone was the worst.. I feel bad for them. Why does Ruby force these relationships just for vlog footage, it’s wrong on so many levels.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The Leroys' mom is just as bad. Almost all of the thumbnails now are Kesley and Chad related. And they are dragging Valentine's Day out as long as possible. There are more Valentine's Day vlogs than Christmas ones!
The whole Abby and Rhett thing really irritates me. They can't "date" until they're 16, and we want them to "live clean", but let's sexualize our 11 year olds for views. They're sending such mixed signals to their kids and kids that watch
Yeah, Ruby-- you're a great role model as a mom, pimping out your kids. For money. I'm sure your Heavenly Father is so proud.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Elah_w »

I feel bad for Rhett because he was forced to be Abby’s valentine. He would have got so much hate if he didn’t say yes. Can you imagine if Abby said on video she wants Rhett to ask her to be his valentine, and then Rhett either doesn’t respond or says no? It wouldn’t even be an option for him because of the backlash he would get. And he’s a kid!! I’m sure Ruby probably made Abby say that she wanted Rhett to ask her. I feel like those kids hardly know each other. He seems like a kind of shy boy that is just into sports and typical kid stuff. He didn’t seem into the valentines stuff at all. We didn’t need to see/hear them talking about his underwear. That was such an invasion of his privacy. His room was super clean and the underwear was like randomly placed... it almost seemed intentional and planned which makes it so much worse.

PS I’m sorry if I’m spelling these kids names wrong.

freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

Elah_w wrote:I feel bad for Rhett because he was forced to be Abby’s valentine. He would have got so much hate if he didn’t say yes. Can you imagine if Abby said on video she wants Rhett to ask her to be his valentine, and then Rhett either doesn’t respond or says no? It wouldn’t even be an option for him because of the backlash he would get. And he’s a kid!! I’m sure Ruby probably made Abby say that she wanted Rhett to ask her. I feel like those kids hardly know each other. He seems like a kind of shy boy that is just into sports and typical kid stuff. He didn’t seem into the valentines stuff at all. We didn’t need to see/hear them talking about his underwear. That was such an invasion of his privacy. His room was super clean and the underwear was like randomly placed... it almost seemed intentional and planned which makes it so much worse.

I’m fairly certain Chad went into his laundry basket to get the underwear. Which is 10x worse. It is such an invasion of privacy and so completely unacceptable to go through someone’s dirty laundry. For ruby to go along with it, film it and upload it for the entire world to see is just outrageous

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I thought the underwear seemed planned too. They are all so fake and terrible, it is hard to tell anymore. The line is blurred between terrible real-life decisions, and terrible staged vlog decisions that affect their real-lives. Is there much difference between unlawfully breaking into a house with your kids, versus pretending to break into a home with kids too young to understand the difference?

Also, don't know if you guys saw Shari's vlog, but Abby had two boys coerced into being her "Valentine". Rhett obviously seemed like he was forced into it as you mentioned, but Abby's "friends" paid a boy she liked at school to do the same. Why don't any of these kids have a single real friend? I would be totally betrayed/violated if my "friends" paid a boy to pretend to like me. The fact that they don't see that as a sign these people are not her friends, is the most frightening part.

Shari is about to be 16, old enough to get engaged (like Ruby was with her first fiance in high school). Yet, she has zero emotional/social awareness. I hope she gets an advanced degree from a non-secular school, before she accidentally jumps into a lifelong commitment with a violent psychopath, without an education, an income and or a single sole she can confide in.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Elah_w wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 am I feel bad for Rhett because he was forced to be Abby’s valentine. He would have got so much hate if he didn’t say yes. Can you imagine if Abby said on video she wants Rhett to ask her to be his valentine, and then Rhett either doesn’t respond or says no? It wouldn’t even be an option for him because of the backlash he would get. And he’s a kid!! I’m sure Ruby probably made Abby say that she wanted Rhett to ask her. I feel like those kids hardly know each other. He seems like a kind of shy boy that is just into sports and typical kid stuff. He didn’t seem into the valentines stuff at all. We didn’t need to see/hear them talking about his underwear. That was such an invasion of his privacy. His room was super clean and the underwear was like randomly placed... it almost seemed intentional and planned which makes it so much worse.

Have you watched the LeRoys' vlogs? I feel like they started the "Rhett likes Abby" story. He was excited to see her at a get together, he was ashamed to speak with her etc.

Concerning Abby's other two valentines: how on earth get 11 year old kids the idea to pay someone to be valentine?? Abby obviously had other options anyway, but a kid her age doesn't even need valentine or am I seeing that wrong?
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

That gigantic camera and mic looked so obnoxious shoved in that kids face! Shari should have more class than that. Truly tacky. Poor guy! Run dude...RUN!!
QueenZenobia240
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenZenobia240 »

What kind of message are they sending to their young audience? It's obviously staged, but little kids may think it's real and that there's nothing wrong with breaking into your crush's house. It doesn't help when an adult claims it's "cute".
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LilaRose wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:58 pm
Elah_w wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 am I feel bad for Rhett because he was forced to be Abby’s valentine. He would have got so much hate if he didn’t say yes. Can you imagine if Abby said on video she wants Rhett to ask her to be his valentine, and then Rhett either doesn’t respond or says no? It wouldn’t even be an option for him because of the backlash he would get. And he’s a kid!! I’m sure Ruby probably made Abby say that she wanted Rhett to ask her. I feel like those kids hardly know each other. He seems like a kind of shy boy that is just into sports and typical kid stuff. He didn’t seem into the valentines stuff at all. We didn’t need to see/hear them talking about his underwear. That was such an invasion of his privacy. His room was super clean and the underwear was like randomly placed... it almost seemed intentional and planned which makes it so much worse.

Have you watched the LeRoys' vlogs? I feel like they started the "Rhett likes Abby" story. He was excited to see her at a get together, he was ashamed to speak with her etc.

Concerning Abby's other two valentines: how on earth get 11 year old kids the idea to pay someone to be valentine?? Abby obviously had other options anyway, but a kid her age doesn't even need valentine or am I seeing that wrong?
All that was explained was by Abby at Shari's prompting. She said she lost a Valentine, and now only has 2, because she realized "my friends are paying him to be my Valentine". The only reason I can think of, is because they are mean girls who have it out for Abby (like kids rigging the homecoming election to put the hated outcast on the court to humiliate them).....or Ruby gave them the money and the idea for vlog content. Either way it is terrible.
QueenZenobia240
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenZenobia240 »

Kate wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm
QueenZenobia240 wrote:What kind of message are they sending to their young audience? It's obviously staged, but little kids may think it's real and that there's nothing wrong with breaking into your crush's house. It doesn't help when an adult claims it's "cute".
I would've been pissed if someone had broken into my room and proceeded to allow their child to go through my drawers.

These staged YouTube videos from all of the popular, young kids and their families are sending terrible messages to their audience.
I always wonder where all these kids (who grew up on YouTube being vlogged practically everyday of their lives) will be in 10-20 years and what their attitude towards vlogging will be. Will they speak about it favorably or unfavorably? Will they start vlogging?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

QueenZenobia240 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:22 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm
QueenZenobia240 wrote:What kind of message are they sending to their young audience? It's obviously staged, but little kids may think it's real and that there's nothing wrong with breaking into your crush's house. It doesn't help when an adult claims it's "cute".
I would've been pissed if someone had broken into my room and proceeded to allow their child to go through my drawers.

These staged YouTube videos from all of the popular, young kids and their families are sending terrible messages to their audience.
I always wonder where all these kids (who grew up on YouTube being vlogged practically everyday of their lives) will be in 10-20 years and what their attitude towards vlogging will be. Will they speak about it favorably or unfavorably? Will they start vlogging?
I think most will be like the Olsen Twins. Emotionally/socially stunted, angry for having their childhoods ripped away, living like recluses as adults.....except without the billions, because these kids aren't protected by child labor laws. Some will turn to drugs and suicide to cope with abuses, inability to distinguish vlog from real life, etc. Some will be addicted to the fame and try and squeeze every last penny out of vlogging they can, because it is easy money if you can maintain the followers. But just like child actors, fans grow up, and most people just stop caring about you. And then the inevitable tell-all books. It is almost time for the first batch to reach 18.....
puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

I haven't watched 8 passengers in months at the least -- Chad's voice was very different last time I watched -- but wow what happened to this family? Where do they suddenly have this extra money to throw around on staging a Valentine's Day dinner with food they've ordered in and a new tablecloth they've purchased? And master homemaker Ruby couldn't cook for this creepy date with her teenaged children and their pseudo boyfriend/girlfriend? Not even her famous rolls or chocolate chip cookies or ... I don't know what else she cooks to be honest.

I am beyond creeped out by how much she's letting her children's relationships play out on YouTube and capitalizing on their crushes for her own monetary gain. What's going to happen when Shari/Brevin and Kesley(btw, wtf kind of name?)/Chad lose interest in each other? How are these kids going to feel a few years down the line when they see their first "relationships" documented for the world to see on YouTube?

I honestly think YouTube should ban this type of content. It's an incredible breach of these kids' privacy, and the kids themselves are too sheltered/inside a bubble to realize they're being taken advantage of.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

I can’t wait for the tell-all books we will get from kids of family vloggers in the years to come. Some researcher needs to to some in depth studies on these families...
Do you guys think the laws will change in a few years to protect these kids? Like with labor laws, payment, etc. I don’t know how that would work since you can’t really tell people how much they can film their kids (or prove how much these kids work) but something needs to happen.

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Elah_w wrote:I can’t wait for the tell-all books we will get from kids of family vloggers in the years to come. Some researcher needs to to some in depth studies on these families...
Do you guys think the laws will change in a few years to protect these kids? Like with labor laws, payment, etc. I don’t know how that would work since you can’t really tell people how much they can film their kids (or prove how much these kids work) but something needs to happen.

I agree! It’s much like reality tv, watching Kendall and Kylie Jenner grow up from 8 and 10 years old. When they were in high school they asked Kris to not be in the tv show as much as they were and Kris agreed.
Or Tia and Tamera Mowry, or Mary-Kate and Ashley. All kids in the public eye will grow up differently.
The difference is youtube vlogs are almost every day and Ruby is the only one that 100% exploits these kids. Shari and Chad are old enough to know what they want put on the Internet. The younger kids don’t have a choice and it would be nice for them to have strict rules, and money put away for them, much like child actors!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
Elah_w wrote:I can’t wait for the tell-all books we will get from kids of family vloggers in the years to come. Some researcher needs to to some in depth studies on these families...

I agree! It’s much like reality tv, watching Kendall and Kylie Jenner grow up from 8 and 10 years old. When they were in high school they asked Kris to not be in the tv show as much as they were and Kris agreed.
Or Tia and Tamera Mowry, or Mary-Kate and Ashley. All kids in the public eye will grow up differently.
The difference is youtube vlogs are almost every day and Ruby is the only one that 100% exploits these kids. Shari and Chad are old enough to know what they want put on the Internet. The younger kids don’t have a choice and it would be nice for them to have strict rules, and money put away for them, much like child actors!

The older ones don't really have a choice either. They're definitely pressured. I can just hear Ruby "Do it for the vlog!" Or pressure about having nice things
So many family vloggers _say_ "If the kids don't want to be filmed, we'll stop". But when the family is dependent on the income, they can't really stop. And that puts pressure on the kids, even if it's not overt.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

So..what secrets do you all think Eve has been paid to keep by Julie? Did you all notice how absolutely scared Julie looked when Ruby was grilling her about the money? Pretty telling.. :(

Return to “8 Passengers”