Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by shilohjulia »

hnelson1443 wrote:
IHateCilantro wrote:
IHateCilantro wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:58 am Its the same as on tv with all these reality families. It has to be PERFECTION.

Its almost as if the actual MARRIAGE and the husband is an afterthought and the tireless perfect Mommyhood is the star.
Im writing a LONG piece for another board Im on and this fits with it too.
Some women dont actually care about the hubby or marriage, the prize is the MOMMYHOOD and all the spokes that radiate from that.
An antonym to that is Ayelet Waldmans essay that REALLY pissed off a huge mommy sector. But shes still married and maybe they arent.
Just so you guys can read what I mentioned about Ayelet Waldman. This essay PISSED off a lot of Moms
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/27/fash ... ltily.html
I don't see what's wrong with the essay. Why: She says it as her point of view based on what she has experienced and heard from other mothers. It's her thoughts and opinions, not complete facts or claimed to be super factual....just observations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I liked the essay. I resonated with it. I’ve always been a hopeless romantic. I don’t have children yet, but I know that if i had kids with a man I was in love with, it would make me even more head over heels in love with him. Having not had kids yet, I can’t say who I would love “more”. I think that’s a dumb way of looking at it anyways. As she stated, she loves her kids but she’s IN LOVE with her husband. It’s a different type of love.

And I agree about the YouTube SAHD’s. A lot of them really don’t do anything but mooch off of the wife’s YT money. Travis however does seem to spend a lot of time with the kids and be very close to the them. I also like that he mostly stays off camera. He doesn’t come across as fame or money hungry as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by dahell »

IHateCilantro wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 am
DoodleBop2 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 am It seems to be common among YouTube wives to have husbands to seem to putter around not doing much but then it's something vague like going to school or helping me around the house. It's very odd. Although Travis seems to do a bit more than some of the others.

The cleaning of the dining room\homeschool room felt like one of her old videos - got away from the shopping.
Thats like Living on a Dime too. It starts off that the hubby works, then one day hes home all the time "going to school" but what really happened was that the siren call of easy YT money beckons him to become a lazy do nothing.

They need to watch Coal Miners Daughter and do like Doolittle "Mooney" Lynn. Go get a JOB and quit living off yer wife. Eventually it builds resentment.
The Brannif dad will be home now too it appears? From This Gathered Nest. They allude that “something big is coming up” but they’ve also admitted that he is no longer at his corporate job. Unless I’m misunderstanding.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Overall I really like Jamerrill, but the controversial cheese comment in the last video voice over. Dude the sheer amount of cheese in the creamy spaghetti squash and then you're like it's healthy because it's KETO. I don't get the whole Trim Healthy Mama and the Keto - surely it's just easier to eat moderately than to have to learn and follow all these new diets. IDK.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think she says THM because a lot of her followers came on board when she started mentioning it.
A big part of THM is to "own it" you start with the basic recipe and doctor it to your liking.
If this is how she is "owning it", she'll be finding it on the scale.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She is really vague about the progress her and Travis have on this diet. If it makes them happy, have at it, but I don't know why she's surprised people doubt several cups of cheese is more healthy than some pasta. Then again those on Keto in the comments seem to be super defensive.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Sponsored video and multiple ads on a 'watch me cook 3 hello fresh dishes to keep in my fridge'
No thx

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

I really enjoy listening to Jamerrill talk. It's calming.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I never watch the Hello Fresh videos. I'm never going to spend that kind of bank on food I have to cook myself.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

smarlo wrote:I never watch the Hello Fresh videos. I'm never going to spend that kind of bank on food I have to cook myself.
I feel the same.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

One of her vids has half the ads Shane Dawson's new video has and it's like 10x shorter.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I noticed a lot of yt channels that reach 1000 subs automatically place 3 ads. I how can they imagine anyone sitting through 3 ads to see the grocery haul that you panned over in the beginning?

I love couponing and mom life content channels. I want to know where the sales are. Glitches for laundry soap that I can pick up on my way home from work.

alikruz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alikruz »

Hi! New to this thread, glad I finally found it! I have been watching for a few months now and the thing I cannot get past is her obsession with “diets” and then letting her children eat nothing but “treats”. At the grocery store she continuously states that this and that are her “keto saviors” (even though none of it is healthy!) but then buys her kids cookies/processed cheese/horrible yogurt and serves them a majority of carbs every meal?

I don’t have children but I would never feed them things that I won’t put in my own body!

Also, quick thing, I have been on keto for 6 months while working out 4 times a week and had quite a bit of success. There is a right way to do it (vegetables and protein from eggs and meat) and a wrong way to do it (tons of cheese and processed low carb items). It pains me when she says something is keto and it’s nothing but junk! And then she feeds her children junkier junk!

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

onbreak wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 am I noticed a lot of yt channels that reach 1000 subs automatically place 3 ads. I how can they imagine anyone sitting through 3 ads to see the grocery haul that you panned over in the beginning?

I love couponing and mom life content channels. I want to know where the sales are. Glitches for laundry soap that I can pick up on my way home from work.

This reminds me of a general question I have but didn't know where to put it - do y'all prefer longer or shorter videos? A YTer I used to watch (Amy Maryon) was doing the typical 12-15 minute daily video with one ad at the beginning. Now she's doing 45+ minute videos with about 4 ads throughout. I asked her about it and she said I'm free to go elsewhere (lol) but YT is a full-time income for her now, etc. I don't like long videos (besides the multiple ads) because if I have an hour a day to waste on YT, I want to be able to watch a few. Also, her particular videos aren't something you can just listen to while you do other work, because most of them are sped up cleaning or cooking with awful royalty free music. She's kinda like Jamerrill in that I wonder why I watch her - I think I keep waiting to be inspired, or learn a new cooking or cleaning or money saving tip. Or for anything even slightly interesting to happen. Anyway - long videos, or short?
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

alikruz wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am Hi! New to this thread, glad I finally found it! I have been watching for a few months now and the thing I cannot get past is her obsession with “diets” and then letting her children eat nothing but “treats”. At the grocery store she continuously states that this and that are her “keto saviors” (even though none of it is healthy!) but then buys her kids cookies/processed cheese/horrible yogurt and serves them a majority of carbs every meal?

I don’t have children but I would never feed them things that I won’t put in my own body!

Also, quick thing, I have been on keto for 6 months while working out 4 times a week and had quite a bit of success. There is a right way to do it (vegetables and protein from eggs and meat) and a wrong way to do it (tons of cheese and processed low carb items). It pains me when she says something is keto and it’s nothing but junk! And then she feeds her children junkier junk!

Welcome! I agree its a shame for her children that her cooking consists mostly of dumping together processed junk and cheese. I think of their poor digestive system and also the house plumbing "processing" all that crap, literally!

She mentioned "a few of them" are on keto - I wonder who other than her and Mr. Travis. The glimpses I've caught of her oldest sons they're very thin and the other kids are too young...
alikruz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alikruz »

OldHag wrote:
onbreak wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 am I noticed a lot of yt channels that reach 1000 subs automatically place 3 ads. I how can they imagine anyone sitting through 3 ads to see the grocery haul that you panned over in the beginning?

This reminds me of a general question I have but didn't know where to put it - do y'all prefer longer or shorter videos? A YTer I used to watch (Amy Maryon) was doing the typical 12-15 minute daily video with one ad at the beginning. Now she's doing 45+ minute videos with about 4 ads throughout. I asked her about it and she said I'm free to go elsewhere (lol) but YT is a full-time income for her now, etc. I don't like long videos (besides the multiple ads) because if I have an hour a day to waste on YT, I want to be able to watch a few. Also, her particular videos aren't something you can just listen to while you do other work, because most of them are sped up cleaning or cooking with awful royalty free music. She's kinda like Jamerrill in that I wonder why I watch her - I think I keep waiting to be inspired, or learn a new cooking or cleaning or money saving tip. Or for anything even slightly interesting to happen. Anyway - long videos, or short?
I watch Amy too and was wondering if she had a thread on here. I honestly only like when she’s cooking LOL. I feel like she is so annoying/uninteresting when she’s talking about what the kids do or any of the family stuff. Like she put out a video about the Super Bowl and the kids were playing laser tag and she just kept screaming “daddy” into the camera. “Daddy’s cooking unhealthy food! Daddy’s making cookies! Daddy’s playing laser tag with the children!” I guess we all know what you call him in bed to make all those children! Image

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I unsubscribed from Amy months ago.
I prefer under 8 minute videos. If Im going through my feed, I'll click on the 8 min. video instead is the 10 min. one.
I have no issue with this being their jobs, but its kinda like how people left the antenna behind for cable NO COMMERCIALS.

My son loves Roman Atwood. Last year he put out a heads up message that whatever new vlog people were waiting on would have a skippable ad. My son was like, WTH! He realized without the ads he wouldn't have a lot of the lifestyle he had. Then he started noticing how he just hangs around in what seems like a great life. After the boobjob vlog, it was a wake up call. Now he's moved on to some other people.

Ive noticed her (jamerrilll's) yt name is her name. I guess with selling her blogs and pinterest she's left to branding herself.

But a sponsored boring HelloFresh vlog with multiple ads. Not wasting my time.

alikruz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alikruz »

“Pasture raised this, pasture raised that.” WE GET IT

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Makes me wonder if she ever faced starvation as a child. Even if they didn't shop recently they garage freezer is usually very nearly full and any time she's done a big shop they show it going into a fridge that was hardly empty.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

alikruz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm “Pasture raised this, pasture raised that.” WE GET IT

Oh gosh. Was just coming to comment that. It’s so very odd to me that she thinks it’s so unique and noteworthy to constantly point out how her beef was pasture raised. Gah. It’s not that rare Jamerril. She’s super proud of it though I guess? We bought 1/4 of a cow from a kid at the county fair and we didn’t like it. We don’t eat a ton of beef but I guess we’re just used to factory beef? I don’t know.
My other pet peeve “eat down”. Eat down these bananas. Eat down this yogurt. Other YT’ers (large family) say it too and it’s an odd phrase.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

dahell wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 pm
alikruz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm “Pasture raised this, pasture raised that.” WE GET IT

Oh gosh. Was just coming to comment that. It’s so very odd to me that she thinks it’s so unique and noteworthy to constantly point out how her beef was pasture raised. Gah. It’s not that rare Jamerril. She’s super proud of it though I guess? We bought 1/4 of a cow from a kid at the county fair and we didn’t like it. We don’t eat a ton of beef but I guess we’re just used to factory beef? I don’t know.
My other pet peeve “eat down”. Eat down these bananas. Eat down this yogurt. Other YT’ers (large family) say it too and it’s an odd phrase.
To me - "eat down" = lessen the pile of bananas / lessen the stack of yogurt containers.

Return to “I-P”