Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

It's two extremes - we have too many bananas eat down the bananas before they go bad. A few days later we have no food we'll starve to death.
alikruz
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alikruz »

DoodleBop2 wrote:It's two extremes - we have too many bananas eat down the bananas before they go bad. A few days later we have no food we'll starve to death.
That’s what I don’t understand about buying fresh produce in bulk because you’re doing “once-a-month” groceries. it’s certainly not going to last the month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alikruz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am
DoodleBop2 wrote:It's two extremes - we have too many bananas eat down the bananas before they go bad. A few days later we have no food we'll starve to death.
That’s what I don’t understand about buying fresh produce in bulk because you’re doing “once-a-month” groceries. it’s certainly not going to last the month!

I could understand doing a monthly shop for staples and then weekly shops for produce and dairy. She makes those casseroles and freezer meals but as soon as the stuff the kids can quickly grab for themselves is out it seems like she thinks they'll just starve.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

I think that while they’re doing pretty well financially right now, they weren’t always. She mentions in the farm house they didn’t even have like central heating etc ... student debt, being just barely able to pay their bills. Probably a lot of her old ways of thinking are still present even tho they have more money now.

She mentioned in her Q&A video recently that he business was never her blog.. she has an online publishing company. What does that even mean?

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think she was publishing or selling homeschool curriculum.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Another 4 ad hello fresh video. ::sigh::

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

gibberish wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 am
dahell wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 pm
alikruz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm “Pasture raised this, pasture raised that.” WE GET IT

Oh gosh. Was just coming to comment that. It’s so very odd to me that she thinks it’s so unique and noteworthy to constantly point out how her beef was pasture raised. Gah. It’s not that rare Jamerril. She’s super proud of it though I guess? We bought 1/4 of a cow from a kid at the county fair and we didn’t like it. We don’t eat a ton of beef but I guess we’re just used to factory beef? I don’t know.
My other pet peeve “eat down”. Eat down these bananas. Eat down this yogurt. Other YT’ers (large family) say it too and it’s an odd phrase.
To me - "eat down" = lessen the pile of bananas / lessen the stack of yogurt containers.
I guess what I meant was, I understand what she means by “eat down” but I’m being petty and saying I don’t like the term. The lady on Tribe of Many likes to say that too. They seem to communicate in the comments a lot. I don’t like the term. And it almost seems like a sport to these moms. Maybe it’s a demographics thing. I’m used to hearing people say “we’ll eat these up” or “use the bananas up” or “eat the bananas” instead of “eat down”. Again, I’m fully aware and able to admit it’s me being snarky. It’s kind of like her saying “fresh this and that” or “pasture raised beef” a million times.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

dahell wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 pm
gibberish wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 am
dahell wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Oh gosh. Was just coming to comment that. It’s so very odd to me that she thinks it’s so unique and noteworthy to constantly point out how her beef was pasture raised. Gah. It’s not that rare Jamerril. She’s super proud of it though I guess? We bought 1/4 of a cow from a kid at the county fair and we didn’t like it. We don’t eat a ton of beef but I guess we’re just used to factory beef? I don’t know.
My other pet peeve “eat down”. Eat down these bananas. Eat down this yogurt. Other YT’ers (large family) say it too and it’s an odd phrase.
To me - "eat down" = lessen the pile of bananas / lessen the stack of yogurt containers.
I guess what I meant was, I understand what she means by “eat down” but I’m being petty and saying I don’t like the term. The lady on Tribe of Many likes to say that too. They seem to communicate in the comments a lot. I don’t like the term. And it almost seems like a sport to these moms. Maybe it’s a demographics thing. I’m used to hearing people say “we’ll eat these up” or “use the bananas up” or “eat the bananas” instead of “eat down”. Again, I’m fully aware and able to admit it’s me being snarky. It’s kind of like her saying “fresh this and that” or “pasture raised beef” a million times.
Oh, I watch Sarah/Our Tribe of Many. I really like her.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

@gibberish I also like Sarah from Our Tribe Of Many, I respect that Solo works and SARAH, refreshingly, tells fans NOT to give them money.

I wrote earlier that I feel that these big families are like CULTS. I still believe that, BUT I also think its a PLATONIC FETISH LIFESTYLE, because I think these types of women dont dream of hot sex and romance with hubby, they dream of kids, a big house and Mommyhood uber alles.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I couldn't even get through the Q and A - how many times was she planning on saying Mommas?

Did they actually give her pitocin and an epidural with her first six babies without her consent? The tied to the hospital\I was bullied so we homeschool but but but I support choice got so tiring so quickly.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I remember with my 2nd kid they wanted to give me pitocin and I refused unless they gave me an epidural too. I'm a loudmouth though.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I hope she speaks more about being the child of a parent who commited suicide. It really fucks people up when their parent does this. She's gone on to grow and bloom. A lot of people (especially kids) need to know about the light at the end of the tunnel.

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Wonder how long it’ll take for their house to sell and to get a new one.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

dahell wrote:Wonder how long it’ll take for their house to sell and to get a new one.
Is the house up for sale?

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Her and those darn hats. I know it's very likely to be a silly thing to be annoyed with but this I have to use special water to wash my hair or haven't gotten around to coloring my hair so I'll just wear a hat. I know the whole theme of super busy and super rushed because they're such a busy big homeschooling family but it seems like she throws these videos together very last minute just to have something to put up and then puts multiple ads on minimal content and it's like really?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Yes. I used to enjoy hearing from her. Now it's like, do I really want to watch the same "episode" but just a different day. She needs have quality content now that she's reached 100k for those ads to to keep you engaged.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Now that she has the subscribers its like she expects the same views/income for what seems like considerably less effort. It doesn't feel as thoughtful as before its basically just a vlog in an already over saturated market of vlogging YouTubers.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I know her as the encouraging homeschool mom

I thought Large Family Table was her second vlog that she quit.

The second photo on ig is her son with his fingers in his mouth.. yuck [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 2223c6.jpg[/IMG]

smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

why the hell doesn't her husband just fix the damn water softener already?
firuze
Talker
Talker

Unread post by firuze »

I like her. I got quite a few ideas from her vlogs re cooking and even helping my preschool kids learn to read. She doesn't have that annoying fake vibe about her many youtube moms have. She's definitely her own person. One thing that kinda bothers me is that the house they live in doesn't seem large enough, like she has 6 boys in one boy room and they have hardly any space for any personal belongings. The oldest sons seem embarrassed when she films them, kinda makes me feel bad for them. With that said, I appreciate she doesn't overexpose her kids in her videos.

Return to “I-P”