Tannerites/YAWI

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

"Makes Out WIth EVERYTHING Except BOYS!"....they are more desperate than I thought. Is that simply pedo click bait, or an advertisement for Allie's husband?
analicec
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by analicec »

The new video is called "Branson dating girls?" That sound SO stupid, Branson is almost 21 yo, of course he thinks about dating, isn't it natural?? At 21 they already had 2 kids
analicec
Amateur
Amateur

The new video is called "Branson dating girls?" That sound SO stupid, Branson is almost 21 yo, of course he thinks about dating, isn't it natural?? At 21 they already had 2 kids
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

I never watched these guys when Branson was in it but I reckon things will be tense when he gets home. He's been out in the world, away from the control of his dad, and I think it won't be long until he moves out on his own.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

I had to laugh when the dad said "new rules we can facetime Branson once a week now". - Where the hell is he, in prison? LOL
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

lip wrote:I had to laugh when the dad said "new rules we can facetime Branson once a week now". - Where the hell is he, in prison? LOL
No France on a mission trip. Before he was only allowed to FaceTime on Christmas, Mother’s Day and one other holiday I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

^ I know he's in France, I was just baffled that there actually is such a contact restritction. - Seems wierd.
analicec
Amateur
Amateur

Branson will definetly not take long to feel the need to move out, imagine live far from the parents who treat grown ups like kids and six little siblings for two years and then come back, it will be rough for him
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Allie took the ACT without studying at all? I guess she wants to be a disney princess and that doesn't require college so...

I'm not sure I fully understand the situation with Daniell's school stuff, but it sounds to me like Johnny pulled all the kids out of school in the middle of the year to go on vacation and then got mad that she fell behind? The way they make Daniell explain why they take away the phone feels terribly manipulative. He always makes her feel like she's done something horrible and like it makes her a bad person when, in reality, she's just making the same mistakes most teenagers make and learn from. Johnny is the king of "do as I say, not as I do." I mean come on. The guy didn't even graduate high school, knocked his gf up at 17 and now he'd be unemployed if not for humiliating his daughters online on the daily. Sad.
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

They really don’t seem to care about school since they’re always taking the kids out for vacations and what not. But then turn around and get mad at Daniel for falling behind. They make 0 sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
analicec
Amateur
Amateur

It's so irresponsible the way they talk about school to their kids. If school is causing problems to your mental health, yeah, that's a problem. But they "It's ok to not like school" talk, (I don't know if it is my Brazilian culture or not) treat like trash the work of teachers and educators who work hard to make school a good place for students. Then we see Lizzy saying "I don't like school" with this big smile on her face... Shouldn't kids understand that not everything in life is the way they wish? Not everyday is Disneyland
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Johnny couldn't handle that he fell for Daniell's prank so he immediately turns it into a lecture about Daniell's grades and school work. What a loser.

As a side, Allie was definitely faking sick, and doing a poor job of it.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

analicec wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm It's so irresponsible the way they talk about school to their kids. If school is causing problems to your mental health, yeah, that's a problem. But they "It's ok to not like school" talk, (I don't know if it is my Brazilian culture or not) treat like trash the work of teachers and educators who work hard to make school a good place for students. Then we see Lizzy saying "I don't like school" with this big smile on her face... Shouldn't kids understand that not everything in life is the way they wish? Not everyday is Disneyland
I don't know how school is where you're from, but here... I live in Florida, and school was absolutely horrible! Teachers didn't seem to care about their students and if they learned or not. Not ALL teachers, but most of the teachers. I would have most teachers, pass out stapled together booklets... and want us to finish and turn them in at the end of the week... but, not teach us how to do any of the work! And if we had questions, we were told to go sit down, or put our hands down. And then they would want raises... for what exactly? Photocopying pages and stapling?? And most of the time, they called on someone to go to the office and make photocopies, and staple the pages! Every now and again, I would get a good teacher, who would take the time to teach the class... but, not having learned anything the year/s before, it was hard to make up for that. I am the type of person who learns by example... I can't read it and understand, so all the years of the booklets... wasn't working for me. I would get C's D's and F's. And it was beyond my control. I would complain and it would do no good. I hope your school system is better than mine was/is. But, I can see why someone would hate school, living in America.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

analicec wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:12 pm Branson will definetly not take long to feel the need to move out, imagine live far from the parents who treat grown ups like kids and six little siblings for two years and then come back, it will be rough for him
I would agree with this except for what was just discussed about the rules for facetiming with family while on mission. Sounds like even though he's far away from his family, the church has a pretty strong control over what he does. Maybe it'll feel like freedom to come back... Who knows.

I'm not that knowledgeable on Mormon missions so I don't know how restrictive they are or if the control is mostly directed at separating the missionaries from their family/comfort zone.
analicec
Amateur
Amateur

ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm
analicec wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm It's so irresponsible the way they talk about school to their kids. If school is causing problems to your mental health, yeah, that's a problem. But they "It's ok to not like school" talk, (I don't know if it is my Brazilian culture or not) treat like trash the work of teachers and educators who work hard to make school a good place for students. Then we see Lizzy saying "I don't like school" with this big smile on her face... Shouldn't kids understand that not everything in life is the way they wish? Not everyday is Disneyland
I don't know how school is where you're from, but here... I live in Florida, and school was absolutely horrible! Teachers didn't seem to care about their students and if they learned or not. Not ALL teachers, but most of the teachers. I would have most teachers, pass out stapled together booklets... and want us to finish and turn them in at the end of the week... but, not teach us how to do any of the work! And if we had questions, we were told to go sit down, or put our hands down. And then they would want raises... for what exactly? Photocopying pages and stapling?? And most of the time, they called on someone to go to the office and make photocopies, and staple the pages! Every now and again, I would get a good teacher, who would take the time to teach the class... but, not having learned anything the year/s before, it was hard to make up for that. I am the type of person who learns by example... I can't read it and understand, so all the years of the booklets... wasn't working for me. I would get C's D's and F's. And it was beyond my control. I would complain and it would do no good. I hope your school system is better than mine was/is. But, I can see why someone would hate school, living in America.
Wow, that is interesting to hear. I think we have opposite problems in public education in the US and Brazil. Here most of the teachers are great, who tend to work a lot for not a lot of money (sadly) and they are often important figures in kids' lives. Our teachers are awesome, they just deserve better work salary and conditions. The problem is, the public structure of schools in Brazil are not good (not all of them, though, but a good part), the governments have beem reckless about school structure and resources for a long time, in some schools they don't have paper and the teachers have to pay supplies for their students with their own money. In some others students can't study in the classroom because it's too hot and the a/c dosen't work.... Most of the students in Brazil are in the private schools, the ones who can't pay, though, have to deal with the public system. But the teacher are generally the same in both systems and they rock!

Sorry to hear about the behavior of the professionals at your country... Teacher is a very important job, it must be taken care of.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ICantEven wrote:
analicec wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:12 pm Branson will definetly not take long to feel the need to move out, imagine live far from the parents who treat grown ups like kids and six little siblings for two years and then come back, it will be rough for him
I would agree with this except for what was just discussed about the rules for facetiming with family while on mission. Sounds like even though he's far away from his family, the church has a pretty strong control over what he does. Maybe it'll feel like freedom to come back... Who knows.

I'm not that knowledgeable on Mormon missions so I don't know how restrictive they are or if the control is mostly directed at separating the missionaries from their family/comfort zone.
The church exercises a LOT of control over what missionaries do. They may be away from home, but they probably have less freedom than their parents gave them. They're always in pairs. They're only allowed out of earshot of their buddy to shower. They can't drive. They always have to be "on", and remember who they are and what they represent. My best friend in high school was Mormon, and we were driving one hot day. We saw her ward's missionaries trudging along, and offered them a ride. They didn't accept, because someone might see, and the two of them getting into a car with two girls might be misunderstood.
They only were allowed to start wearing sunglasses in _2016_! They're usually put of where they are living from 10 AM to 9-9:30 PM.
There's plenty online about the restrictions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:33 am
ICantEven wrote:

The church exercises a LOT of control over what missionaries do. They may be away from home, but they probably have less freedom than their parents gave them. They're always in pairs. They're only allowed out of earshot of their buddy to shower. They can't drive. They always have to be "on", and remember who they are and what they represent. My best friend in high school was Mormon, and we were driving one hot day. We saw her ward's missionaries trudging along, and offered them a ride. They didn't accept, because someone might see, and the two of them getting into a car with two girls might be misunderstood.
They only were allowed to start wearing sunglasses in _2016_! They're usually put of where they are living from 10 AM to 9-9:30 PM.
There's plenty online about the restrictions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Wow! Thanks. I had a hunch this might be the case but I didn't have any idea just how restrictive it is. So crazy
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

analicec wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:45 am
ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm
Wow, that is interesting to hear. I think we have opposite problems in public education in the US and Brazil. Here most of the teachers are great, who tend to work a lot for not a lot of money (sadly) and they are often important figures in kids' lives. Our teachers are awesome, they just deserve better work salary and conditions. The problem is, the public structure of schools in Brazil are not good (not all of them, though, but a good part), the governments have beem reckless about school structure and resources for a long time, in some schools they don't have paper and the teachers have to pay supplies for their students with their own money. In some others students can't study in the classroom because it's too hot and the a/c dosen't work.... Most of the students in Brazil are in the private schools, the ones who can't pay, though, have to deal with the public system. But the teacher are generally the same in both systems and they rock!

Sorry to hear about the behavior of the professionals at your country... Teacher is a very important job, it must be taken care of.
That actually sounds nice... the teachers being good teachers and an important part of the kids lives. I wish I could say the same. I can only name 3 teachers who went above and beyond in my school years. And thinking back to it, makes me wanna cry... because they cared so much. If all teachers could be that way, think of how well off children/teens could be... and how amazing they would turn out as adults! I wish there were better resources for y'all in Brazil... but, I am really glad you have the majority of great teachers! I'm not sure how private schools are here.. my family couldn't afford to send me to one, and I didn't know anyone personally whom attended them.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I find it really sad that Allie is a) is begging for a prom date on the vlog b) is considering getting braces at 18 simply for a (potentially) better chance at a temporary job working as a Disney Princess. I hope she has other goals in life than being a princess and/or finding a man to take care of her.

Also, is it weird to anybody else that she seems to have unlimited free periods and electives her Junior year? I swear she said she had choir and theater, before leaving school with a scratchy throat. Her upcoming Senior schedule seemed to have no core requirements. Is that a Utah thing? Is that why all these vloggers can just take off every week with no repercussions? Just sing while riding Space Mountain and you are all caught up.....
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

The scene in today's vlog where Sarah asked Canyon to pick up the papers for her and he said "No, you can do it yourself." If that doesn't sum up the monster they're creating by babying that kid, I don't know what will. He already has no respect or sense of anyone else's needs or wants. His entire world revolves around him and he is becoming a BRAT.

Allie asking for a prom date via her parents vlog is extremely cringy. I would actually argue that the vlogs are probably more of a reason she DOESN'T have a prom date to be honest. I also don't get all the drama surrounding the braces. She was practically begging for them last year-ish and Johnny wouldn't let her get them (money issues maybe?) and now she's throwing a fit about needing them and Johnny is telling her she should do it? And the only reason she might get them is so that she can get some mediocre job at disneyland? This family is ridiculous.

Return to “Q-Z”