The Leroys

Elah_w
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Leroys

Unread post by Elah_w »

Everything with 8 passengers is so staged and forced. It’s hard to watch. Kesley doesn’t even seem THAT interested in Chad. She just kind of giggles and goes along with whatever Shanna orchestrates for them. I haven’t watched that much of them but the dad at least seems relatively normal. They don’t show a ton of the kids besides Kesley but the kids seem more normal than the 8 passenger kids me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Rhett is grinding his teeth. Gee, mom. Think maybe he's stressed? Maybe you should stop shipping him with a "friend's" little girl and letting her big brother break into his room and throw his underwear around...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So is it a Utah thing to call a learner's permit a "driver permit"? Because that sounds more like a license, and that's not what she has.

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

lmmomSD wrote:So is it a Utah thing to call a learner's permit a "driver permit"? Because that sounds more like a license, and that's not what she has.

I’ve heard Canadians and people from Montana say that as well. I think it’s regional. I always wonder if other people in Utah call junk food “treats” or if it’s just YouTube Utah Mormons. I don’t know why but it really irks me! It sounds like they’re going to eat a MilkBone.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I'm a little late with this but I watched either 8Passenger's or the Leroy's Valentines vlog. SO cringeworthy! All the parents are just staring at their young kids and forcing these relationships on them. So awkward. You can tell Abby felt really weird because she just kept laughing. They went all out for no reason.
flowerchildd29
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flowerchildd29 »

I know I’m late too but I was watching the get ready with us Valentine’s Day vlog and the part where Kesley was like I’m a virgin was so funny because Abby’s face was priceless lmao. Then she kept looking at Kesley weird lol I took a video recording and pictures. Just watch that part and look at her reaction.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 9372ff.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 12f5f9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... ff1a9b.jpg[/IMG]

Kiss my ass XOXO Gossip Girl
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I can't. Why are they talking about voice lessons? Are they going to try to make Kesley into a pop star?
And the kids climbing the fireplace in the St George rental. Shanna just ignores it. Is that a Mormon vlogger thing? Shay's kids do it too. I would never have let my kids do that.

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

lmmomSD wrote:I can't. Why are they talking about voice lessons? Are they going to try to make Kesley into a pop star?
And the kids climbing the fireplace in the St George rental. Shanna just ignores it. Is that a Mormon vlogger thing? Shay's kids do it too. I would never have let my kids do that.

Ugh I REALLY hope they don’t try and force Kesley to be a singer. I haven’t watched this vlog yet but they let Rhett climb all over the furniture at home and they don’t care. Like he will just walk all over the counters or just get up on the entertainment center and they say nothing to him. I mean it’s their house and their furniture in those situations, so their rules I guess, but it always throws me off when I see it because that’s usually a no-no in most houses. My parents weren’t even strict but they would have told me to get down right away lol.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm nitpicking today. Can't sleep because my daughter has bronchitis and is coughing, and I am starting a new job on Monday and I'm nervous.
So, where to begin?
WHY is Shanna trying on prom dresses? Kesley needs a _girlfriend_ to go do these things with. And not necessarily her "crush's" sister. And Shanna needs to find her own set of adult friends and stop trying to be Kesley's BFF.
And while we're at it, why is Kesley trying on prom dresses? She isn't a junior or senior in high school. Neither is Chad. They're not allowed to date anyway. So she isn't going to prom.
Yeah, I do get that for some people, doing that kind of thing is fun. Actual prom dress shopping was stressful for me back in the day because money was a huge issue. My mom and I ended up making my senior prom dress. And for my daughter, prom dress shopping was stressful because she's not a size 4 and probably never will be. And it was hard finding a pretty dress for her.

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

The Leroys

Unread post by Elah_w »

lmmomSD wrote:I'm nitpicking today. Can't sleep because my daughter has bronchitis and is coughing, and I am starting a new job on Monday and I'm nervous.
So, where to begin?
WHY is Shanna trying on prom dresses? Kesley needs a _girlfriend_ to go do these things with. And not necessarily her "crush's" sister. And Shanna needs to find her own set of adult friends and stop trying to be Kesley's BFF.
And while we're at it, why is Kesley trying on prom dresses? She isn't a junior or senior in high school. Neither is Chad. They're not allowed to date anyway. So she isn't going to prom.
Yeah, I do get that for some people, doing that kind of thing is fun. Actual prom dress shopping was stressful for me back in the day because money was a huge issue. My mom and I ended up making my senior prom dress. And for my daughter, prom dress shopping was stressful because she's not a size 4 and probably never will be. And it was hard finding a pretty dress for her.

Yeah that’s absurd that Shanna was trying on dresses! She really thinks she’s a teen sometimes. I haven’t watched but were they just doing it for shits and giggles because all the dresses are out now for prom, or is there some Mormon prom she’s going to?
I went prom dress shopping as a senior with my Mom and I had a ton of fun hanging out with her (we are very close) but she certainly wasn’t even thinking about trying on dresses too!

It was kind of stressful for me too because I was really insecure in high school about wearing anything that wasn’t a T-shirt or hoodie with jeans and sneakers. Plus I had just got a short haircut and couldn’t do much with my hair. I found a dress on a clearance rack at Macy’s for $30 and ended up having a really good time at prom with my good friends and boyfriend at the time. Once Kesley does actually go to prom, I’m sure it will be an insanely big deal with an expensive dress, professional hair and makeup, professional photographer, and multiple prom videos that will stretch out over the course of 3 weeks on their channel. Some people act like it’s their fricken wedding!

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

This may also sound nitpicky but it was annoying to me. They went with the Mikesell family (Brock & Boston's mom and sister) to the mall for prom dresses because Alyssa was asked to prom. Kesley isn't going because she's not old enough. But she was trying on dresses and acting like she was getting one too. Alyssa was trying to actually find one and the attention was taken away because Kesley was also trying them on at the same time. Like come on! I know trying on dresses is fun but I feel like Alyssa probably wanted Kesley to go for feedback and help.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Elah_w wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I'm nitpicking today. Can't sleep because my daughter has bronchitis and is coughing, and I am starting a new job on Monday and I'm nervous.
So, where to begin?

Yeah that’s absurd that Shanna was trying on dresses! She really thinks she’s a teen sometimes. I haven’t watched but were they just doing it for shits and giggles because all the dresses are out now for prom, or is there some Mormon prom she’s going to?
I went prom dress shopping as a senior with my Mom and I had a ton of fun hanging out with her (we are very close) but she certainly wasn’t even thinking about trying on dresses too!

It was kind of stressful for me too because I was really insecure in high school about wearing anything that wasn’t a T-shirt or hoodie with jeans and sneakers. Plus I had just got a short haircut and couldn’t do much with my hair. I found a dress on a clearance rack at Macy’s for $30 and ended up having a really good time at prom with my good friends and boyfriend at the time. Once Kesley does actually go to prom, I’m sure it will be an insanely big deal with an expensive dress, professional hair and makeup, professional photographer, and multiple prom videos that will stretch out over the course of 3 weeks on their channel. Some people act like it’s their fricken wedding!

Yes! And "promposals" irritate me. In my day, the guy called, asked if you wanted to go, and that was it. Now it's a whole production. Ridiculous. These poor guys-- it's enough pressure asking a girl to prom I sure. Even guys who are boyfriends of the girls they're asking seem expected to do a big production. One of the Brooklyn and Bailey twins was acting "meh" because her boyfriend's promposal wasn't OTT enough. ImageImage

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Agreed about the promposals! Is this something that's only huge in Utah or something? I'm fresh out of college, so it hasn't been THAT long since I've been in high school and no one at my school did anything like this. Maybe something small, but I feel like these people who live in Utah always strategically plan it and never directly ask. They always leave the promposal at their house and leave before asking! Even now, I never see this occurring for anyone near me! Only on YouTube. I checked out That Mikesell Family and Alyssa Mikesell vlog channel just because the Leroys constantly feature them and I wanted to see what they were about. Alyssa couldn't just say yes or no- she made a poster board and did something with m&ms. How extra?
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Agreed about the promposals! Is this something that's only huge in Utah or something? I'm fresh out of college, so it hasn't been THAT long since I've been in high school and no one at my school did anything like this. Maybe something small, but I feel like these people who live in Utah always strategically plan it and never directly ask. They always leave the promposal at their house and leave before asking! Even now, I never see this occurring for anyone near me! Only on YouTube. I checked out That Mikesell Family and Alyssa Mikesell vlog channel just because the Leroys constantly feature them and I wanted to see what they were about. Alyssa couldn't just say yes or no- she made a poster board and did something with m&ms. How extra?
I’m 26 in southern CA and no one did promposals at my high school while I was there, but I’ve seen current students at my high school doing them. As time goes on, it seems like prom and even homecoming are becoming these massive deals. I think promposals are dumb, but it’s especially stupid when a boyfriend has to do it his girlfriend. Like they’re already dating... isn’t it kind of a given that they would be going to prom together if they both want to go? Homecoming is like a mini prom now. When I was in school it wasn’t really a big deal, it was just a little bit more formal than the other dances and the same night as a big football game and that’s it.

I’ve literally seen people who spend THOUSANDS on prom like it’s a wedding and I just don’t get it.

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Yeah it is a relatively new thing. Honestly it's probably due to the fact that today's life is all online. A guy calling on the phone to ask you to prom isn't as Instagram - able as these fancy promposals.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

ICantEven wrote:Yeah it is a relatively new thing. Honestly it's probably due to the fact that today's life is all online. A guy calling on the phone to ask you to prom isn't as Instagram - able as these fancy promposals.
That’s a really good point. Instagram wasn’t a thing when I was in high school so that makes a ton of sense!

reportedfun23
Talker
Talker

Unread post by reportedfun23 »

I'm a new viewer of theirs and idk if this has been addressed yet but the mom has an unhealthy obsession with her daughter...to the point where it's almost cringy

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

reportedfun23 wrote:I'm a new viewer of theirs and idk if this has been addressed yet but the mom has an unhealthy obsession with her daughter...to the point where it's almost cringy

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
Oh, it's definitely been mentioned. She wants to be Kesley's BFF, not her mom. She doesn't seem to have friends her own age. She is always hanging out with Kesley. She is more excited about the whole Chad BF/GF thing than Kesley is for sure.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I feel like this Greece trip came out of no where. They're also going to Jamaica soon too...
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

I get the feeling - and I could be totally wrong - that the other kids don’t get enough of mom’s attention since she seems like she’s up Kesley’s butt all of the time. Maybe it’s just the vlogs but it makes me sad for them. Sometimes I forget that Reese and Perri exist.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”