8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Emily81
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Emily81 »

[/quote]

Ehh. My kids aren't allowed to take or use their phones in their rooms. I don't think they're sheltered. Kids don't have the best impulse control and are very naive. They need a lot of guidance. Ruby and Kevin are paying the phone bill, so they can assert as much control as they want and Chad just has to deal with it. It's not like a phone is a basic necessity.[/quote]

Didn't she said he has to pay for the phone bill?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Yes, Shari 100% knew what she was doing when she said she wanted to go with to Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I thought Shari was just getting a life proof case. Did she actually get a new phone?
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Catface2 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:54 pm I thought Shari was just getting a life proof case. Did she actually get a new phone?
Yep! Brand new phone, case and dashboard phone holder
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 3e334b.jpg[/IMG]

Hahaha the real comments are coming out on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Tiger27 wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 3e334b.jpg[/IMG]

Hahaha the real comments are coming out on Instagram.

Hahah golden!!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Monitoring what your child is doing is not helicopter parenting. Helicopter parenting is enabling, hovering over and doing everything for your kids. None of the Griffiths are helicopter parents.

I trust my 11 year old implicitly, but he still isn’t allowed to have his phone in his room overnight or freely Google whatever he wants. He’s been an angel of a child so far, but I’m also not stupid enough to believe he’s perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Keeping kids safe by setting limits is a good thing imo. Ruby may control her kids, but monitoring their phone usage isn’t an example of her bad parenting as far as I’m concerned.

Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Monitoring what your child is doing is not helicopter parenting. Helicopter parenting is enabling, hovering over and doing everything for your kids. None of the Griffiths are helicopter parents.

I trust my 11 year old implicitly, but he still isn’t allowed to have his phone in his room overnight or freely Google whatever he wants. He’s been an angel of a child so far, but I’m also not stupid enough to believe he’s perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Keeping kids safe by setting limits is a good thing imo. Ruby may control her kids, but monitoring their phone usage isn’t an example of her bad parenting as far as I’m concerned.

If they really want to see something online they'll find a way.
You can't control your kids 24/7, they go to school and maybe there's another kid without parental control on the phone who will show them everything they want.

When you say to a teen they can't do a certain thing they'll be even more curious about it.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Emily81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Monitoring what your child is doing is not helicopter parenting. Helicopter parenting is enabling, hovering over and doing everything for your kids. None of the Griffiths are helicopter parents.

If they really want to see something online they'll find a way.
You can't control your kids 24/7, they go to school and maybe there's another kid without parental control on the phone who will show them everything they want.

When you say to a teen they can't do a certain thing they'll be even more curious about it.

This is absolutely true, you can’t monitor them 24/7, but you certainly can limit the amount of things that can happen.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I am super liberal about a lot of things, but one thing my ex and I agreed on was monitoring our kids' online presence and searches. It's got nothing to do with trust, except maybe knowing that there are people out there who would hurt kids given half a chance. I don't trust _them_. I did trust my kids.
Personal:
When my son was little, I was checking something out, and just checked my search history, and "how do lesbians have sex" came up. I knew it had to have been my son. He was maybe 10. I asked him about it, making sure he knew I wasn't mad, and he was just curious about what went where. He had just found out that one of his best friend's mom was gay. I did say he was a little young to be looking for stuff like that. He didn't have a cell phone at the time, and I made sure that he wasn't on the computer unattended until he was older and we had tracking software on. I am actually really glad I found it and not his dad. His dad would have yelled at him and embarrassed him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

I am not surprised at anything they do anymore! In the beginning I was shocked screaming in my silent voice “Dear G they still so young!” Now knowing their culture Shari could very well be a few years away from being a mom herself (freakish)! and Chad won’t be far behind her on the marriage wagon! Even if it was a joke Abby is getting messages from a baby talking marriage! Sickening in the least! Now I have become numb to the ridiculousness of it all!
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Is Shari allowed to be on her phone with the door closed?

Of course Shari got a phone too. You could tell on the car ride that she did NOT want Chad having a better phone than her. What a little brat. But she’s sooo “mature”, and was born with the maturity of a 30 year old, don’t ya know.

I was getting such bad second hand embarrassment from Ruby in the Verizon store. She probably looks like a lunatic filming and talking to the camera to all of the employees and other customers. Julie seemed a little embarrassed when she was asking her to jump up and down like she was excited. I would be too!

I’m glad Julie finally got the watch she wanted! She deserves it, even though I still think it’s sad she had to pay for most of it and buy herself her own birthday present when Ruby knew she wanted one.

MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Why are they suddenly pushing Abby off with the older teens? In the Leroy's video today she was hanging with Kesley, Brock and Boston, Daniell...a bunch of older kids. Abby isn't too much younger, I guess but the maturity level is extremely different. She always looks uncomfortable.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Elah_w »

MelE wrote:Why are they suddenly pushing Abby off with the older teens? In the Leroy's video today she was hanging with Kesley, Brock and Boston, Daniell...a bunch of older kids. Abby isn't too much younger, I guess but the maturity level is extremely different. She always looks uncomfortable.
Yeah I noticed this too. She was also with Shari and Kesley when they were doing shopping for Chad’s bday scavenger hunt. She seems kind of awkward and uncomfortable and it made me wonder why Julie didn’t get to go. And Julie is too old to relate to the younger kids so it just makes me feel bad for her.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Wow! I don’t even have an iPhone x. That’s ok..I like my 8. Lol. I think when Ruby goes to lunch with Kesleys mom they use that time to plot stupid storylines for vlogs. I could just see them hatching ridiculous plans.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Catface2 wrote:Wow! I don’t even have an iPhone x. That’s ok..I like my 8. Lol. I think when Ruby goes to lunch with Kesleys mom they use that time to plot stupid storylines for vlogs. I could just see them hatching ridiculous plans.
SAME! I seriously think that’s all they talk about. I think Shanna problem thinks Ruby is absolutely batshit crazy, but she knows being associated with 8Passengers is growing her channel, so she keeps Ruby close. I can’t imagine them being actual friends if it weren’t for YouTube.

athyker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by athyker »

Total side note. Anyone else feel Shari has it together so much more than Ruby? lol, I do. Oddly. Am I alone in this thought?
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

athyker wrote:Total side note. Anyone else feel Shari has it together so much more than Ruby? lol, I do. Oddly. Am I alone in this thought?
I think she’s more organized and generally smarter than Ruby. But Shari thinks she’s so mature and she has a really limited view of the world/society, so I don’t think she’s as smart as she puts off. She’s book smart though, yeah. Ruby is a ditz and it’s actually pretty scary if it’s not an act for the camera. It’s not normal to be that forgetful.

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Catface2 wrote:Wow! I don’t even have an iPhone x. That’s ok..I like my 8. Lol. I think when Ruby goes to lunch with Kesleys mom they use that time to plot stupid storylines for vlogs. I could just see them hatching ridiculous plans.

Same! I love my 7 and honestly think the look of the X series is ugly af!!

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I don't usually watch Shari's vlogs-boy she comes across very arrogant! Her spill about how she hopes Chad don't mess up but he probably will.

Return to “8 Passengers”