8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Emily81
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Emily81 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Monitoring what your child is doing is not helicopter parenting. Helicopter parenting is enabling, hovering over and doing everything for your kids. None of the Griffiths are helicopter parents.

I trust my 11 year old implicitly, but he still isn’t allowed to have his phone in his room overnight or freely Google whatever he wants. He’s been an angel of a child so far, but I’m also not stupid enough to believe he’s perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Keeping kids safe by setting limits is a good thing imo. Ruby may control her kids, but monitoring their phone usage isn’t an example of her bad parenting as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am super liberal about a lot of things, but one thing my ex and I agreed on was monitoring our kids' online presence and searches. It's got nothing to do with trust, except maybe knowing that there are people out there who would hurt kids given half a chance. I don't trust _them_. I did trust my kids.
Personal:
When my son was little, I was checking something out, and just checked my search history, and "how do lesbians have sex" came up. I knew it had to have been my son. He was maybe 10. I asked him about it, making sure he knew I wasn't mad, and he was just curious about what went where. He had just found out that one of his best friend's mom was gay. I did say he was a little young to be looking for stuff like that. He didn't have a cell phone at the time, and I made sure that he wasn't on the computer unattended until he was older and we had tracking software on. I am actually really glad I found it and not his dad. His dad would have yelled at him and embarrassed him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
You're a great mother

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

alexmorgan
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alexmorgan »

Why is Ruby excited about Shari starting dating? She asked if Brevin is going to be ok with her dating other “guys”. I thought Shari and Brevin were basically supposed to be official now and Ruby would push their relationship. Not dating several other guys. I thought that’s how Mormons roll :?:
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

alexmorgan wrote:Why is Ruby excited about Shari starting dating? She asked if Brevin is going to be ok with her dating other “guys”. I thought Shari and Brevin were basically supposed to be official now and Ruby would push their relationship. Not dating several other guys. I thought that’s how Mormons roll :?:
Because Ruby herself did the same thing where she would date tons of guys while in a “relationship”. They date around a ton to find a husband, not for fun. It’s pretty weird to me. Did Brevin say he was ok with it? I bet Shari wouldn’t be ok with him dating other girls.

alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

Elah_w wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:05 am
alexmorgan wrote:Why is Ruby excited about Shari starting dating? She asked if Brevin is going to be ok with her dating other “guys”. I thought Shari and Brevin were basically supposed to be official now and Ruby would push their relationship. Not dating several other guys. I thought that’s how Mormons roll :?:
Because Ruby herself did the same thing where she would date tons of guys while in a “relationship”. They date around a ton to find a husband, not for fun. It’s pretty weird to me. Did Brevin say he was ok with it? I bet Shari wouldn’t be ok with him dating other girls.

Apparently Brevin has already been “dating” other girls and she’s ok with it.I guess I would somewhat understand it, if they didn’t have a “crush”. But what’s the point in doing it when you’ve already found someone? To make sure that’s the one is the only answer I can come up with.
AlexVause
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AlexVause »

I had to laugh so hard at Chad's white blue-eyed Jesus screensaver. These Mormons will never fail to entertain me.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

AlexVause wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:09 pm I had to laugh so hard at Chad's white blue-eyed Jesus screensaver. These Mormons will never fail to entertain me.
I don’t want to touch the topic of Jesus because it’s a sensitive matter to certain people,but I do often wonder do they even actually know he did not look like the actor from Jesus of Nazareth?
Fi8821
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Fi8821 »

It's messed up how she scolds Abby on camera for not feeling comfortable being vlogged. I'd be embarrassed too if my grades or reading level were discussed for complete strangers to judge. Even making a big deal about her liking 3 boys was weird. I get the vibe Ruby knows Abby is becoming more private and it angers her to not have control. If only some kids want to be vlogged she can vlog them. They shouldn't be guilted into doing it.

They could also just get Chad the Vans he wants. They make popular things (like iphones, smart watches, Vans) a big deal by denying them. If they were chill about it, the kids might want them less or be more relaxed about not having them. Is this how Mormons view mainstream mundane things? If it's about money that's one thing, but they can afford it.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

I can’t believe ruby made 3 vlogs out of 1 day. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

If Shari can’t see the lines on the road...she shouldn’t be driving. Holy shit! Agree with Kevin in that. Better figure something out to help her or it’s not gunna be good. Also that giant, gray, obnoxious microphone on Shari’s camera is OTT ugly.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

endof wrote:
AlexVause wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:09 pm I had to laugh so hard at Chad's white blue-eyed Jesus screensaver. These Mormons will never fail to entertain me.
I don’t want to touch the topic of Jesus because it’s a sensitive matter to certain people,but I do often wonder do they even actually know he did not look like the actor from Jesus of Nazareth?
Carlie Butler has a framed picture of an actor in his Jesus costume. It's not the guy from Jesus Of Nazareth (which I think was beautifully filmed, if not exactly accurate) but a more recent one. It's hilarious. Shay and Colette have a few paintings of blue eyed blonde Jesus too. They probably don't realize that he was a Middle Eastern Jew.
They probably think Charlton Heston looks like Moses/Judah Ben Hur too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie buys a Jesus picture for each of her babies when she’s pregnant. She always goes for the most beautiful Jesus she can find. Historical accuracy is inconvenient.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Catface2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 am If Shari can’t see the lines on the road...she shouldn’t be driving. Holy shit! Agree with Kevin in that. Better figure something out to help her or it’s not gunna be good. Also that giant, gray, obnoxious microphone on Shari’s camera is OTT ugly.
I can't believe how stupid Ruby is. I was 5'3" when I got into the driver seat of a small sedan, and my instructor almost made me sit on a cushion. I can't even imagine how dangerous it is for a 4 foot girl to drive a passenger van without assistance.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Can someone tell me if I am just biased now, or is 75% of what Ruby films total staged BS?

Starting with "Eve" making a "prank call" on Julie's watch to Ruby, to Shari "surprising" Ruby that they had to pick up Brevin while on the way to her birthday dinner, to both Julie and Olivia having the wrong telephone numbers for each other. Does Bonnie put her kids to bed at 6:00, if they were worried about waking her up at dinner? I hope Ruby forgetting her purse was part of the BS, put I suspect that was actually a real moment.

I also felt terrible for Abby wishing that she would get a smart phone to play those games on with her friends and siblings, knowing Ruby plans to give her the flip phone....with all the access that Chad wasn't allowed to have...that they can't monitor. I guess Abby is trustworthy enough?
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Can someone tell me if I am just biased now, or is 75% of what Ruby films total staged BS?

Starting with "Eve" making a "prank call" on Julie's watch to Ruby, to Shari "surprising" Ruby that they had to pick up Brevin while on the way to her birthday dinner, to both Julie and Olivia having the wrong telephone numbers for each other. Does Bonnie put her kids to bed at 6:00, if they were worried about waking her up at dinner? I hope Ruby forgetting her purse was part of the BS, put I suspect that was actually a real moment.

I also felt terrible for Abby wishing that she would get a smart phone to play those games on with her friends and siblings, knowing Ruby plans to give her the flip phone....with all the access that Chad wasn't allowed to have...that they can't monitor. I guess Abby is trustworthy enough?

I think pretty much everything at this point in the videos is staged, faked, or very exaggerated.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 pm
Catface2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 am If Shari can’t see the lines on the road...she shouldn’t be driving. Holy shit! Agree with Kevin in that. Better figure something out to help her or it’s not gunna be good. Also that giant, gray, obnoxious microphone on Shari’s camera is OTT ugly.
I can't believe how stupid Ruby is. I was 5'3" when I got into the driver seat of a small sedan, and my instructor almost made me sit on a cushion. I can't even imagine how dangerous it is for a 4 foot girl to drive a passenger van without assistance.
I wonder if she sat on a cushion if she’d even be able to reach the pedals.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Catface2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:05 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 pm
I wonder if she sat on a cushion if she’d even be able to reach the pedals.
People with dwarfism often have to use pedal extensions. I'm not saying she has it, as only a doctor can diagnose a genetic condition. However, she has the proportions consistent with a mild form, and utilizing these types of adaptations could be highly beneficial to help her see the road when she drives. Unfortunately, they seem like a family that would rather rely on morning prayer to keep her from vehicular manslaughter.....
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Shari has definitely being driving the clan to school in the oversized bus vehicle for a very long time,now! They don’t show her so people don’t call out Ruby as lazy,or loading off her parent duties on Shari! Plus the danger of allowing a sixteen year old of small stature,with all the kids in the back,in the oversized tour bus on the highway! You can tell in some morning vlogs where they are rushing out the door and Ruby says bye to them the van waiting outside yet no Shari anywhere and Ruby makes no mention who is driving them! Considering she hersel avoided a near collision and veered off the highway,I think Shari should not just yet be responsible for everyone in that vehicle!
Ruby surprised that Brevin is well mannered yet Chad a devil may care,is laughable,she is raising him! Little Eve rolling on the floor under the benches while waiting to be seated is another example of her lack of parenting skills! Kids will be kids but nothing wrong with telling your child sit politely and wait on the bench or lose dessert, teaching them life skills.

Final giant laugh,at Sharis birthday party, the waiter on the right near Shari was absolutely bored to death singing to her,the minute the last word came out,he practically did a bolt out of there! Almost as if they were putting him through torture,very entertaining to watch!
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

endof wrote:Shari has definitely being driving the clan to school in the oversized bus vehicle for a very long time,now! They don’t show her so people don’t call out Ruby as lazy,or loading off her parent duties on Shari! Plus the danger of allowing a sixteen year old of small stature,with all the kids in the back,in the oversized tour bus on the highway! You can tell in some morning vlogs where they are rushing out the door and Ruby says bye to them the van waiting outside yet no Shari anywhere and Ruby makes no mention who is driving them! Considering she hersel avoided a near collision and veered off the highway,I think Shari should not just yet be responsible for everyone in that vehicle!
Ruby surprised that Brevin is well mannered yet Chad a devil may care,is laughable,she is raising him! Little Eve rolling on the floor under the benches while waiting to be seated is another example of her lack of parenting skills! Kids will be kids but nothing wrong with telling your child sit politely and wait on the bench or lose dessert, teaching them life skills.

Final giant laugh,at Sharis birthday party, the waiter on the right near Shari was absolutely bored to death singing to her,the minute the last word came out,he practically did a bolt out of there! Almost as if they were putting him through torture,very entertaining to watch!

They do carpool too! A few videos ago Julie was leaving and you could see an SUV waiting out front.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If they carpool that’s great for the environment. They leave a large enough carbon footprint, so it’s good to see they at least make some sensible decisions. Sure it’s more convenient for Ruby, but it’s still a more responsible choice. I assume she drives some days too, so it’s mutually beneficial for the other moms.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I’m pretty sure they still have some older college-aged boy who drives them.

Return to “8 Passengers”