8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:17 pm If they carpool that’s great for the environment. They leave a large enough carbon footprint, so it’s good to see they at least make some sensible decisions. Sure it’s more convenient for Ruby, but it’s still a more responsible choice. I assume she drives some days too, so it’s mutually beneficial for the other moms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shari would only, at 16, be able to drive with her siblings and/or parents as passengers... so, they can't be carpooling and letting Shari drive them all, or if she got pulled over or in an accident, she and the parents, would be in serious trouble.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:17 pm If they carpool that’s great for the environment. They leave a large enough carbon footprint, so it’s good to see they at least make some sensible decisions. Sure it’s more convenient for Ruby, but it’s still a more responsible choice. I assume she drives some days too, so it’s mutually beneficial for the other moms.

Shari would only, at 16, be able to drive with her siblings and/or parents as passengers... so, they can't be carpooling and letting Shari drive them all, or if she got pulled over or in an accident, she and the parents, would be in serious trouble.
I didn’t say Sheri was carpooling other people. Maybe on days where it’s the Franke’s turn to do pickup Ruby drives? We really don’t know.

Driving the kids to school herself wouldn’t suddenly make Ruby mother of the year. I’m sure many moms could easily drive their kids to school in the morning too, are they suddenly lazy for having their kids take the available bus? Just my opinion, but I think people are making a big deal out of nothing on this one.

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:55 pm
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:

I didn’t say Sheri was carpooling other people. Maybe on days where it’s the Franke’s turn to do pickup Ruby drives? We really don’t know.

Driving the kids to school herself wouldn’t suddenly make Ruby mother of the year. I’m sure many moms could easily drive their kids to school in the morning too, are they suddenly lazy for having their kids take the available bus? Just my opinion, but I think people are making a big deal out of nothing on this one.

Ahh I wasn't quite sure, so I was just saying, she wouldn't be able to. I do think someone is driving the kids, because Ruby has the van all the time... unless they use the van and bring it back to her. But, like you said, who knows. Until they actually show a real vlog showing them going into the car with a driver... and making it to school... we'll never know for sure.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I thought the 20+ yr old neighbor boy was driving them in the van? Did this change, or people just don't believe her? It makes sense to me at the moment. Ruby also specifically said they had to pull out of carpool once 5 of her kids joined the school, as most people don't have a giant passenger van....who knows with her though.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by endof »

All is fine carpooling, 20 year old college boy .....
but I very much think it IS a big deal if they are letting Shari drive the clan to school in that tour bus!
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:I thought the 20+ yr old neighbor boy was driving them in the van? Did this change, or people just don't believe her? It makes sense to me at the moment. Ruby also specifically said they had to pull out of carpool once 5 of her kids joined the school, as most people don't have a giant passenger van....who knows with her though.

I don’t watch all or even half of her videos so that’s a possibility. I just remember her opening the door and a SUV was in front. Not sure why was driving it.

jcrumb2012
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jcrumb2012 »

Just watched their new vlog where Russell forgets his lunch and she films herself telling him he won’t be eating. What are you so busy with that you can’t take your kid his lunch? I’m sure she’s always “responsible” and NEVER forgets things.

Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

Shari seems like she has a learning disability or is a little slow. The way she holds her head and way she holds her mouth when she’s speaking seems off to me.
And idk if it was scripted (probably so people think ruby raises such nice grateful girls)
But what teenager doesn’t have anything That they want for their birthday? They only went shopping for Ruby’s sake cause she seemed so excited. Bs.

mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

The thing with Russell forgetting his lunchbox just made me sad. I get that you want to teach your kids to be responsible but to flat out tell them that they need to find a friend who will share or else they just won’t be able to eat just seems cruel?? I mean, he is a little boy, not a college student. Surely she could have called the school and figured something out? I’m glad one of the teachers ended up helping him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am Shari seems like she has a learning disability or is a little slow. The way she holds her head and way she holds her mouth when she’s speaking seems off to me.
And idk if it was scripted (probably so people think ruby raises such nice grateful girls)
But what teenager doesn’t have anything That they want for their birthday? They only went shopping for Ruby’s sake cause she seemed so excited. Bs.

Shari? Learning disability? Are you should you don't mean someone else? I don't know if she is quite as Ivy League academic as she likes to boast but I really don't think she's 'slow'.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote: Shari? Learning disability? Are you should you don't mean someone else? I don't know if she is quite as Ivy League academic as she likes to boast but I really don't think she's 'slow'.
I agree. 100%.

thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

I found it so funny in today's vlog when Ruby ran home to get the garbage cans out as the garbage truck was driving down the street and said, "I had to run down the street to get my cans out!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Elah_w »

I haven’t watched yet but that’s messed up that she told Russell he wouldn’t get to eat! Ruby is sooo forgetful all the time. I get wanting your kids to learn to be more responsible for their stuff, but I do not think food is the place to do it. The food issues with this dumbass family just continue. I bet the teacher that had to help him out can’t stand Ruby.

If he forgot a toy or something he was going to play with at recess, then yeah, I get using that as a teachable moment to not forget your stuff. Kids need to eat lunch. I forgot my lunch a few times but my parents made sure my school lunch card we used to buy cafeteria food always had a little money on it for those instances. If for some reason I didn’t have a lunch or money to get food, you bet your ass my parents would have figured something out to make sure I ate. And they both worked actual full time jobs away from home! It wasn’t about coddling me. There were other times I forgot stuff and had to just deal with it. But never with something like food that a growing child needs for sustenance and energy for the rest of the day.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

What is Shari's weird obsession with workout clothes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

mix10 wrote:The thing with Russell forgetting his lunchbox just made me sad. I get that you want to teach your kids to be responsible but to flat out tell them that they need to find a friend who will share or else they just won’t be able to eat just seems cruel?? I mean, he is a little boy, not a college student. Surely she could have called the school and figured something out? I’m glad one of the teachers ended up helping him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Especially since Ruby forgets stuff all the time. She is always losing Eve, losing her purse, and she practically set the house on fire going off and leaving the infamous beans cooking. She forgot her laptop when she went to Vegas with Bonnie and Ellie, and Kevin hustled it right over to her. God forbid she should be without her laptop, but her son can go without food.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

mix10 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:46 am The thing with Russell forgetting his lunchbox just made me sad. I get that you want to teach your kids to be responsible but to flat out tell them that they need to find a friend who will share or else they just won’t be able to eat just seems cruel?? I mean, he is a little boy, not a college student. Surely she could have called the school and figured something out? I’m glad one of the teachers ended up helping him.
Even if she didn't want to drive over to the school she could have ordered him lunch and had it delivered via UberEats or something (if the school allowed it). Take the money out of his allowance if she must to teach him a lesson, but don't just let him starve!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

What a bitch! Kid needs food! I know for a fact a lot of schools will NOT let the kids share lunches...too many food allergies going on and it’s a huge liability.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The whole point of being a stay at home mom is looking after your kids needs. Sure it’s sucks to have to run to the school to bring them something they forgot, but that’s part of meeting their needs. Lunch is a necessity. It’s not something he just wanted to have.

No one could ever accuse any of the Griffith grandkids of being spoiled.

ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Ruby the queen of being forgetful is punishing her 7 year old son for forgetting his lunch - not running some food up to his school or at least contacting the school to arrange something for him. We all forgot our lunch bags at some point, even as an older student I would. If it were Ruby she would expect someone to bring her her lunch...!! How did she not see earlier that he’d left his bag? She could have easily caught up with the van to give him it.

Also I’m sick of those b roll shots she does where she sets the camera down and walks past it. It’s so unnatural to watch. You’re making a vlog not an episode for lifetime!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Ruby has 4 other children at the school, one with hundreds of dollars burning a hole in her pocket. Could she not have told Russell to borrow money from Julie, and then make him pay interest if she was worried about "punishment".

The last vlog shows Chad going after Ruby's purse after she forgot it in the house. I suppose he should have left it so Ruby could learn some responsibility. Although, we all know she would have had Shana drive it back to her when she learned she had no license, money or keys the next day.

Return to “8 Passengers”