8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Other thoughts on this vlog:

* Who puts an age limit on the tooth fairy? Isn't the concept of "baby teeth" kind of self limiting? It really seems like she just hates Julie....and now Abby. Shari did that dumb dance and Ruby was into it. Abby/Julie do it, and Ruby makes the most dramatic noises of disapproval.

* Part of me thinks Shari is asking for nothing because she thinks she is getting a car. She said it multiple times in this vlog and that it would make good vlog content. She also just got a brand new $800? iPhone. How did asking for nothing work out for Chad and Abby?

* I don't think Shari is "slow" at all. She just has an abnormally high sense of importance and terrible self awareness. She thinks she is the most intelligent, mature, worldly "woman" that ever was. Why did she say she only shops in the Women's section, then refuse to try anything on because it "won't fit"!?!? I guess teens that shop for clothes actually designed for them, are beneath her.

* As someone else mentioned, the obsession with workout clothes is strange. Even when they were looking at socks, Shari says "but can I work out in them?"....they are socks, of course you can! (Maybe she is slow)

* Who "punishes" their first grader by refusing to get them lunch, then "rewards" them, by getting them a special sushi snack just for them? I can't figure out if it is laziness, stupidity, or part of the ingrained food control issues.....
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

Shari is such a stick in the mud. Can she ever let herself have fun? That video really highlighted her higher than thou attitude
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

That entire gene pool has ZERO common sense. It’s really weird to me.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I never really watch them but the whole situation with Russell made me mad. He's just a kid, for gods sake. She was just sitting home on the couch, why couldn't she bring him money or his lunch box? And Shari just gets on my nerves terribly. There's something about her. She thinks she's better and wiser than everyone else around her. I don't go for that kind of arrogance.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

16 yr old me in this modern day would’ve eaten up the fact that my mom wanted to take me to buy whatever I wanted for my bday. Shari seemed extremely dull in that video. A backpack? Really? I had to LOL when I heard that.

I also thought it was weird that she wouldn’t find an alternative for Russell. I probably wouldn’t want to drive the 30 or whatever minutes she says it takes to get to their school either, but I’m sure she could’ve called the coffee to arrange something. My kids school uses an online payment for school lunches, parents use an app to deposit lunch money and the kids have a card/number they enter in the lunch line. My kids bring lunch, but there have been times where they forget and I just put in 4 bucks so they get hot lunch. I’d be shocked to hear if their private school doesn’t have a similar system.

Ruby didn’t realize all of her neighbors had their garbage cans on the road? Idiot.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

My child’s school would NEVER let a kid go without lunch. They have little bag lunches that kids can have if they forget or they can get the hot lunch and if they don’t have any funds on their account they just go negative and parents can pay it off. Ruby should never have sent her kids to a school that is 30+ mins from their house because it seems like the biggest reason she won’t bring them anything they forgot or pick them up when they are sick is because it’s “far away” and inconvenient to her.

Also, Russell has FOUR older siblings at school with him, it seems like one of them could’ve helped him out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chattycathy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by chattycathy »

I just don’t get why Ruby thinks it’s now Russel’s friends responsibility to feed him their own food since she refuses to take care of him. That’s horrible.

I also find it hypocritical that in the very same vlog, she forgot to take the garbage cans out.

And Shari seems like she’s not asking for things in order to appear laid back but everyone can see right through her act

This vlog infuriated me to say the least haha
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Shari has her own channel and prob makes a shit ton of money...she can buy her own car I bet.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

chattycathy wrote:I just don’t get why Ruby thinks it’s now Russel’s friends responsibility to feed him their own food since she refuses to take care of him. That’s horrible.

I also find it hypocritical that in the very same vlog, she forgot to take the garbage cans out.

And Shari seems like she’s not asking for things in order to appear laid back but everyone can see right through her act Image

This vlog infuriated me to say the least haha
Exactly, why is it on Russels friends to feed him? What a ridiculous suggestion. As others said, at the very least, his older siblings should help. She probably knew her rude older kids would scoff at the idea of sharing something with him. We all know chad wouldn’t have. Then the teacher had take food from the teachers lounge. Seriously? I’m sure the teacher will watch this back and be like this lazy women didn’t want to do a little work in order to teach her son a dumb lesson. As if teachers don’t have enough on their plates. And as if Ruby can’t afford to feed her kids or take the time to run to the school. Pretty hypocritical coming from the most forgetful woman on YouTube.

And ugh Shari is just too much. I hope she watches these back in a few years and cringes at herself. She is the worst with her high and mighty attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

I have to say- I don't have kids so I can't/don't comment on a lot of parenting issues here because I feel like I'm unqualified. However, I do have a dog. (No, I'm not saying a dog is like a child, stick with me for a second, friends) I love my dog to death, he is the closest thing to a baby I have. He has separation anxiety, so I don't like to board him ever. Thankfully, I have only ever had to do it once. When I did, I was stressed out over making sure he would have everything he needed. I packed his favorite treats and his favorite cuddly toy and his favorite blanket. I went and dropped him off, and when I got home, I double checked to make sure I hadn't left anything I felt he needed. The place is 20 minutes away, but if I had forgotten anything, damn straight I would have turned right back around without hesitation to make sure he had it. I feel like many other people with beloved pets in today's society would do the same.

Notice- I'm talking about a DOG. and a DOG TOY. Ruby- an actual mother of an actual human child- sent her growing little boy to school without any food, when she has all the means and capabilities to correct it. WTF. No excuses whatsoever. He is not of an age where "teaching a lesson" in this circumstance is appropriate in the slightest, if that's the rationalization.

Side note- it's painfully obvious that Shari is desperately trying to appear cool and 'above it all'. She seems like a smart girl, but boy is she immature. What she needs is an attitude adjustment and a solid dose of reality. At 16, I would have been thrilled to pieces to have a special shopping trip with my mom. She could have at least acted appreciative.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

natalka81 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am Shari seems like she has a learning disability or is a little slow. The way she holds her head and way she holds her mouth when she’s speaking seems off to me.
And idk if it was scripted (probably so people think ruby raises such nice grateful girls)
But what teenager doesn’t have anything That they want for their birthday? They only went shopping for Ruby’s sake cause she seemed so excited. Bs.

Shari? Learning disability? Are you should you don't mean someone else? I don't know if she is quite as Ivy League academic as she likes to boast but I really don't think she's 'slow'.
I haven’t been watching for too terribly long. Just observing and wondering...my cousin has Aspergers and is super smart. But her people skills are not there. The way they speak and go about doing things is the same so I was just curious. Didn’t mean to offend. :)

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:27 pm
natalka81 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am Shari seems like she has a learning disability or is a little slow. The way she holds her head and way she holds her mouth when she’s speaking seems off to me.
And idk if it was scripted (probably so people think ruby raises such nice grateful girls)
But what teenager doesn’t have anything That they want for their birthday? They only went shopping for Ruby’s sake cause she seemed so excited. Bs.

Shari? Learning disability? Are you should you don't mean someone else? I don't know if she is quite as Ivy League academic as she likes to boast but I really don't think she's 'slow'.
I haven’t been watching for too terribly long. Just observing and wondering...my cousin has Aspergers and is super smart. But her people skills are not there. The way they speak and go about doing things is the same so I was just curious. Didn’t mean to offend. :)

Asperger's (which actually isn't a diagnosis anymore - all autism diagnoses are now under ASD, or autism spectrum disorder), is not a learning disability, it's mostly behavioral/social. Obviously anyone raised in the Griffiths/Franke family is going to have a skewed view of how to socialize with others, due to the values their family instills in them.
Sneege07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sneege07 »

I am disgusted by Ruby "teaching" her elementary school aged child a "lesson" like that. How absolutely awful. That poor boy. Share with a friend? I can't. I have never watched something that actually made me angry, but this did.

She is a horrible human and a terrible excuse for a mother. I would be MORTIFIED if my child's teacher had to feed my child like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sneege07 wrote:I am disgusted by Ruby "teaching" her elementary school aged child a "lesson" like that. How absolutely awful. That poor boy. Share with a friend? I can't. I have never watched something that actually made me angry, but this did.

She is a horrible human and a terrible excuse for a mother. I would be MORTIFIED if my child's teacher had to feed my child like that.

And has been said before, many schools, especially private ones, have a strict "no sharing" policy because of allergies. A parent can carefully pack a lunch for their child with life threatening allergies, and another kid can share something his mom made after handling peanut butter, and boom. Anaphylactic shock. So no, Ruby. You shouldn't count on Russell's friends to feed him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Sneege07 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:31 pm I am disgusted by Ruby "teaching" her elementary school aged child a "lesson" like that. How absolutely awful. That poor boy. Share with a friend? I can't. I have never watched something that actually made me angry, but this did.

When she was saying how sweet her kids teachers were I was rolling my eyes. I would be so embarrassed if my child’s teacher took money out of their own pockets to pay for my child’s lunch when I was more than capable of getting lunch to my kid. Imagine your child’s teacher caring more about your kids need than yourself. I sure hope she paid that teacher back. I hate her. I can’t stand their values and their views. Shari needs a nice to outfit for dating? WHAT THE FACK. Shes 16!? Also, if brevet is her boyfriend why are they talking about dating other people? Who are these people, what the actual hell. I’m honesty speechless.
JaneDoe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JaneDoe »

I can only imagine what Russell's teacher thinks about Ruby. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the teacher's lounge. I would NEVER allow my child to go without lunch, what sorry excuse for a mother.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Ruby has issues. How sad to do that Russell knowing how excited he was, and was even going to use his own tooth fairy money for soup day.
I’m all about teaching “lessons” to kids, but at 7yo in the first grade...wrong lesson at the wrong time!!
I would have rather Eve skip preschool to be able to take Russell his lunch. His little body and brain needs that fuel to make it through the learning day.

Reminds me of the day my little sister forgot her show and tell item, and my dad left work, went home and grabbed it and took it to the school. A lot of parents can’t do that and my dad probably really couldn’t do that, but he did because of how important it was to my sister... a freakin show and tell toy.. can only imagine how frantic my sweet Dad would of been had she forgotten her lunch!

I dislike Ruby so much. Argh.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

JaneDoe wrote:I can only imagine what Russell's teacher thinks about Ruby. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the teacher's lounge. I would NEVER allow my child to go without lunch, what sorry excuse for a mother.
I can tell you what though, that teacher didn’t let Russell go hungry!

f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

My first thought was, ( other than how f-ed up she was about letting him go hungry), was, based on past behavior, probably how upset/freaked out he got (to put it lightly) and the teachers /school was left to deal with the fallout of the likely meltdown. That is bullshit dumping all of that on a teacher. It may be a private school, but nobody can be paid enough to be constantly cleaning up Ruby's messes. I'm curious if not all the kids get invited back next year and how then Miss Powerful mother handles it! Uhg, she blows my mind.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

f4k_oyevey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:51 am My first thought was, ( other than how f-ed up she was about letting him go hungry), was, based on past behavior, probably how upset/freaked out he got (to put it lightly) and the teachers /school was left to deal with the fallout of the likely meltdown. That is bullshit dumping all of that on a teacher. It may be a private school, but nobody can be paid enough to be constantly cleaning up Ruby's messes. I'm curious if not all the kids get invited back next year and how then Miss Powerful mother handles it! Uhg, she blows my mind.

Between Ruby & Kevin's total disregard for Chad's suspensions due to disrespecting teachers, Russell's inevitable weekly meltdowns (facilitated by Ruby), Ruby's laziness literally costing the teachers money out of their own pockets for food, Abby and Julie's repeated failures to meet minimum educational standards, and Shari's sunny disposition (did anyone see the video where she called her current English teacher garbage?).....I wouldn't blame the school for kicking a few/all out.

The school may just feel sorry for the kids though, and worry they won't be fed and educated at home, should they be expelled or "not invited back". You probably can't say that about most students in a US private school.

Return to “8 Passengers”