8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Emily81 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:41 pm
endof wrote: The view of Breven and grandma side by side, they looked so alike!
Someone said they are relatives....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Shari and Brevin shared on a video that they are cousins!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by endof »

I like Brevin too, he seems a kind polite boy! I have always wondered though if he suffers from Marfan Syndrome?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:46 pm
endof wrote: The view of Breven and grandma side by side, they looked so alike!

Wow never saw that coming then why are they dating?
Rookie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Rookie »

endof wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Granted, they're super distant cousins like 8th or something BUT I still think it's weird af and would never do it
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I wonder why the comments are disabled. I posted one this morning so this happened quite quickly.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 2bb008.jpg[/IMG]

The whole YouTube comment thing is very interesting with some channels being allowed to manually review comments and others not.

I think it’s funny they all initially said YouTube will get this foxed in no time and now it’s just getting more strict. I really don’t think youtube gives a shit about these people’s comments and aren’t working diligently to get them turned back on.

I’m glad they’re off because it’s for good reason but I do miss reading the negative comments people left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kcri
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kcri »

Did anyone catch Chad say something along the lines of “It’s going to be a ring” when Shari was opening her gift from Brevin. These parents seem to start matchmaking their children and joking about them having crushes the day they’re born, but then say they can’t date until they’re 16. Now the day Shari turns 16 they immediately move on from “crushes” and start joking about marriage. It’s so creepy.

His comment was a joke but it truly exposes how brainwashed these kids are. A typical 13 year old would never make a joke about their 16 year old sister getting engaged because that’s the last thing in the world they would be thinking about.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Well, Ruby, to answer the question posted in that message, Shari should make the decision whether or not to go on a 'single date' (or whatever they said) independent of what people on the internet tell her.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

endof wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

First of all, they weren't "dating", they were "crushing"! :rofl:

Seriously though, they are like 7th/8th cousins I think? Many states in the US legally allow 1st cousin marriages, despite being socially unacceptable. Most people are (rightfully) disgusted by the thought of sexual intimacy among relatives, but if you go far enough back, essentially we all share an ancestor. I think once you get to 2nd cousins, any increased genetic risk is considered negligible.....it is just "icky". The reigning Queen of England married her 2nd/3rd cousin I believe, as was required at the time to maintain the throne.

I do question why they would announce it to millions, unless marrying cousins is an accepted part of their upbringing/community? You just don't say those things out loud in the US, even if you are that far removed.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

kcri wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm Did anyone catch Chad say something along the lines of “It’s going to be a ring” when Shari was opening her gift from Brevin. These parents seem to start matchmaking their children and joking about them having crushes the day they’re born, but then say they can’t date until they’re 16. Now the day Shari turns 16 they immediately move on from “crushes” and start joking about marriage. It’s so creepy.

His comment was a joke but it truly exposes how brainwashed these kids are. A typical 13 year old would never make a joke about their 16 year old sister getting engaged because that’s the last thing in the world they would be thinking about.
Yup, you date at 16, get engaged at 17, married at 18, and finally you become parents at 19 with your first of 6 children. That's the Griffith's way.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

kcri wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm Did anyone catch Chad say something along the lines of “It’s going to be a ring” when Shari was opening her gift from Brevin. These parents seem to start matchmaking their children and joking about them having crushes the day they’re born, but then say they can’t date until they’re 16. Now the day Shari turns 16 they immediately move on from “crushes” and start joking about marriage. It’s so creepy.

Yes! More than one kid said it too. And the second time Chad said it, I'm 95% sure he was serious. Ruby's first engagement was in high school after all. I get whiplash from their abrupt changes in "policy" based literally on how many days you have been on the earth....to the day. Are all Mormon families like this, or only vlogging ones?

I am excited to see who Shari pulls out of the woodwork, now that she is required to date several boys at once to meet her high school honor code!
Rookie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Rookie »

I really wonder how they would take it if *gasp* one of the kids (or more!) didn't want to get married and/or have children. At this point they're so brainwashed I doubt it though
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Yes! More than one kid said it too. And the second time Chad said it, I'm 95% sure he was serious. Ruby's first engagement was in high school after all. I get whiplash from their abrupt changes in "policy" based literally on how many days you have been on the earth....to the day. Are all Mormon families like this, or only vlogging ones?

I am excited to see who Shari pulls out of the woodwork, now that she is required to date several boys at once to meet her high school honor code!

We’re not all like that lol.
I’m curious too, she doesn’t seem to have any friends let alone boys who would want to date her. She comes off quite rude and condescending, a complete know it all. Exactly the type teen boys aren’t interested in.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

I’m curious too, she doesn’t seem to have any friends let alone boys who would want to date her. She comes off quite rude and condescending, a complete know it all. Exactly the type teen boys aren’t interested in.
Thanks! What about the dating "rules"? How does the average Mormon family navigate them, and why would the school require you date several boys?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:52 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks! What about the dating "rules"? How does the average Mormon family navigate them, and why would the school require you date several boys?

We don’t date until 16, and it’s encouraged to group date at that point, and with more then one person to aviod getting too close too young.
If you’re seriously dating only 1 person at 16 it’s likely that things will get physical and that’s discouraged until marriage.

So we don’t derail the thread too much feel free to pm me if you’d like!
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

Of course she doesn’t know the difference between a snow plow and snow blower...it’s not like she grew up in an area where it snows every winter lol
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

The founder of Mormonism literally had six wives under the age of 18, two of which were 14, and you think these people would be too embarrassed to reveal that they're dating their 8th cousin? They believe in a religion founded less than 200 years ago, one that said black people wouldn't get into heaven up until 1978. If that doesn't embarrass them then nothing will, just goes to show that they're morons right off the bat.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

The whole YouTube comment thing is very interesting with some channels being allowed to manually review comments and others not.

I think it’s funny they all initially said YouTube will get this foxed in no time and now it’s just getting more strict. I really don’t think youtube gives a shit about these people’s comments and aren’t working diligently to get them turned back on.

I’m glad they’re off because it’s for good reason but I do miss reading the negative comments people left.

[/quote]

Well Ruby in her instastory today didn't agree with you on the negative comments! :D Ruby was saying that when youtube told her they were shutting off the comments, at first she was glad so she didn't have to read the negative comments. Then she realized today she missed the communication with everyone. Sorry, the only reason any of these Griffith family miss the comments is because they feel like it is messing up their views!
westcoastgirl92
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by westcoastgirl92 »

sheltiefan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am The whole YouTube comment thing is very interesting with some channels being allowed to manually review comments and others not.

Well Ruby in her instastory today didn't agree with you on the negative comments! :D Ruby was saying that when youtube told her they were shutting off the comments, at first she was glad so she didn't have to read the negative comments. Then she realized today she missed the communication with everyone. Sorry, the only reason any of these Griffith family miss the comments is because they feel like it is messing up their views!
[/quote]

Her crying bit was fake though! Cant stand this sisters and the crying in insta story. Nobody take you serious anymore Ruby. Stopt it.

And why are they always on a hunt for a sugar rush-her diet is so weird an unhealthy.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... bfa3cf.jpg[/IMG]

Ruby’s living up to the title...she wrote a whole chapter on control because it makes her feel powerful!

Return to “8 Passengers”