The Leroys

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: The Leroys

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

LuckyCharm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 am I get the feeling - and I could be totally wrong - that the other kids don’t get enough of mom’s attention since she seems like she’s up Kesley’s butt all of the time. Maybe it’s just the vlogs but it makes me sad for them. Sometimes I forget that Reese and Perri exist.
You aren't the only one.. I feel bad for all the kids, Kesley has to have her mother rule her life and do everything with her... and the other kids get cast aside. That woman needs to seek some professional help, and her husband needs to quit enabling her!
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
reportedfun23
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by reportedfun23 »

I've been binging their vlogs for the last few days and I've reached the conclusion that

1. The dad couldnt give a shit about vlogging. He is literally just the background

2. The mom doesnt have many adult friends and she should really work on that. You can tell she craves adult/gossipy girl talk conversation and I think a nice little wine night with a few other middle aged women would tame the moms obsession with her teen daughter and her teen daughters friends. I'm sure every mom loves being able to connect with their teen daughter on that level, my mother was a lot like Lorelai from Gilmore girls, it's awesome and I wish every girl could have that but also my mom was 1. A lot younger 2. Way less pushy. Kesley doesn't seem like shes dying to tell her mom every detail of her life, in fact, she often looks embarrassed that her moms even pushing. Read the room girl!

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But she can't have a wine night. She's Mormon.
But yes, she desperately needs friends her age and to butt out of Kesley's life. Well, maybe not "butt out", but not be so enmeshed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

She seems to get attached to other families- like Brock and Boston's family & mom, Betsy I think her name is. In the past it was always with Ohana Adventure (I know they're family, but they are inseparable at one point). She seems to only stick around YOUTUBE families and not form real friendships because she is more interested in the "networking". But even when she does have "friends" like Betsy, she has to hang out with the whole family. She can't hang out with Betsy without dragging Kesley along to hang with Alyssa and do things as a group. Kinda weird to me.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Honestly I think she is so obsessed with getting a new McMansion dream home that she only hangs out with/makes the kids hang out with other vlogging families. Because she knows that making that YouTube money is the ticket to the new home. I don’t get why they want to move, their current house is nice to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm But she can't have a wine night. She's Mormon.
But yes, she desperately needs friends her age and to butt out of Kesley's life. Well, maybe not "butt out", but not be so enmeshed.

Mormon's don't drink wine? I could have sworn Ruby from 8 Passengers drinks wine... or am I mistaken?
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm She seems to get attached to other families- like Brock and Boston's family & mom, Betsy I think her name is. In the past it was always with Ohana Adventure (I know they're family, but they are inseparable at one point). She seems to only stick around YOUTUBE families and not form real friendships because she is more interested in the "networking". But even when she does have "friends" like Betsy, she has to hang out with the whole family. She can't hang out with Betsy without dragging Kesley along to hang with Alyssa and do things as a group. Kinda weird to me.
Sorry for double post... but, what happened between Ohana and Leroys? It seems kind of a pattern... Shanna is besties with these people, then she just, moves on to the next group and leaves behind the other... I wonder when it'll happen with 8 Passengers?
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm She seems to get attached to other families- like Brock and Boston's family & mom, Betsy I think her name is. In the past it was always with Ohana Adventure (I know they're family, but they are inseparable at one point). She seems to only stick around YOUTUBE families and not form real friendships because she is more interested in the "networking". But even when she does have "friends" like Betsy, she has to hang out with the whole family. She can't hang out with Betsy without dragging Kesley along to hang with Alyssa and do things as a group. Kinda weird to me.
Sorry for double post... but, what happened between Ohana and Leroys? It seems kind of a pattern... Shanna is besties with these people, then she just, moves on to the next group and leaves behind the other... I wonder when it'll happen with 8 Passengers?
It’ll happen with 8 passengers when Kesley gets interested in a new boy and drops Chad. I feel like Chad really likes Kesley, but she just kind of goes along with it because her mom kind of forces it. I’m sure she doesn’t mind Chad’s attention but I just don’t think she is as serious about it. Chad seems like her more than she likes him imo. It’s pretty shitty for the kids because what if Kesley did start to like a boy at her school? She probably would be encouraged by her mom to keep up the whole “crush” thing with Chad because that’s where the views and money are for them. It’s not fair to the kids in those instances.

Elah_w
Talker
Talker

The Leroys

Unread post by Elah_w »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm But she can't have a wine night. She's Mormon.

Mormon's don't drink wine? I could have sworn Ruby from 8 Passengers drinks wine... or am I mistaken?
I don’t think Ruby does. From what I know, Mormons don’t drink alcohol at all. She probably just seems wine drunk to you because she’s so ditzy lol. Speaking of Mormons and drinking, I thought they weren’t allowed to have soda? Or is it just caffeinated soda? Because this family and 8 passengers sure do love Dr Pepper. Maybe they are drinking the decaf kind but I’m not the best judge of that because I never buy it. It looked like the regular kind to me when they bought it for Chad but I could be mistaken.

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Elah_w wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:

I don’t think Ruby does. From what I know, Mormons don’t drink alcohol at all. She probably just seems wine drunk to you because she’s so ditzy lol. Speaking of Mormons and drinking, I thought they weren’t allowed to have soda? Or is it just caffeinated soda? Because this family and 8 passengers sure do love Dr Pepper. Maybe they are drinking the decaf kind but I’m not the best judge of that because I never buy it. It looked like the regular kind to me when they bought it for Chad but I could be mistaken.

lol @ the ditzy part! I know Shay from the Shaytards SAID, he was an alcoholic, but I have a strong feeling he made that up to cover up his cheating... cause what's worse... drinking or cheating, yanno? And they are definitely drinking regular Dr. Pepper.. I can't have caffeine, so I know what the cans look like, and they got Chad regular.. as well as Yawi drinks regular. I also looked up Swig, and it doesn't say "CF" next to their Dr Pepper or any of their soda options... the only safe bet is sprite, sparkling water, rootbeer, lemonade, or just water... and they never choose those for their nasty cream drink *gags*
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Elah_w wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm
ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Mormon's don't drink wine? I could have sworn Ruby from 8 Passengers drinks wine... or am I mistaken?

lol @ the ditzy part! I know Shay from the Shaytards SAID, he was an alcoholic, but I have a strong feeling he made that up to cover up his cheating... cause what's worse... drinking or cheating, yanno? And they are definitely drinking regular Dr. Pepper.. I can't have caffeine, so I know what the cans look like, and they got Chad regular.. as well as Yawi drinks regular. I also looked up Swig, and it doesn't say "CF" next to their Dr Pepper or any of their soda options... the only safe bet is sprite, sparkling water, rootbeer, lemonade, or just water... and they never choose those for their nasty cream drink *gags*
Dr Pepper and coconut cream sounds soooo nasty to me. But I don’t like Dr Pepper anyway so that’s probably why. Cream in soda just does not sound good.

I looked it up and it seems that the Mormon church officially says caffeine is fine many still choose to not drink it. I read something that they can’t have “hot drinks” like tea or coffee. Don’t know why. I remember the Mormon kids I grew up with not being able to have it. None of the rules make sense to me lol.

reportedfun23
Talker
Talker

I think she wants a child bride or a teen mom. For them to be mormon (and I'm assuming against premarital sex) why does the mom push her teen daughter into dating and relationships!! In my church we kind of discourage teen dating because of temptation. What does she think will happen when she pushes two teenagers together!

I can only assume she's trying to condition Kesley into finding a husband right out of high school. That's the only explanation as to why she'd encourage dating at this age. That or shes trying to "choose" Kesleys boyfriends so Kesley doesnt choose someone below standards in her eyes. I have a feeling it's all about control.

Last edited by reportedfun23 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:

Nope. Ruby definitely doesn't drink wine. She went to a wine tasting dinner with a bunch of other Mormon vloggers in Italy, and they drank orange Fanta. Gross. I mean, why even go to a wine tasting dinner if you don't drink? Or at least drink Pelligrino!
Mormons absolutely aren't supposed to drink alcohol at all.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Elah_w wrote:
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
It’ll happen with 8 passengers when Kesley gets interested in a new boy and drops Chad. I feel like Chad really likes Kesley, but she just kind of goes along with it because her mom kind of forces it. I’m sure she doesn’t mind Chad’s attention but I just don’t think she is as serious about it. Chad seems like her more than she likes him imo. It’s pretty shitty for the kids because what if Kesley did start to like a boy at her school? She probably would be encouraged by her mom to keep up the whole “crush” thing with Chad because that’s where the views and money are for them. It’s not fair to the kids in those instances.

But she has Rhett and Abby lined up. They're 11, and Ruby and Shanna are shipping them too. When I was 11, I was only interested in horses. When my daughter was 11, she was into American Girl dolls. Not a Valentine's Day "not a date" with my "crush".
Plus, if Kesley did like a boy at school, what high school boy would put up with his girlfriend being publicly the girlfriend of another boy, for hundreds of thousands of people watching? So she would be SOL anyway.

reportedfun23
Talker
Talker

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
I think the families just lost touch. Last year TOA sold their first house, took their kids out of school and started traveling. I think they just bonded over the fact that Kesley and Klai went to the same school or something.

ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 am
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:

Nope. Ruby definitely doesn't drink wine. She went to a wine tasting dinner with a bunch of other Mormon vloggers in Italy, and they drank orange Fanta. Gross. I mean, why even go to a wine tasting dinner if you don't drink? Or at least drink Pelligrino!
Mormons absolutely aren't supposed to drink alcohol at all.

I wonder which vlogger I saw drinking, wait, never mind, I just pictured blonde hair and wine... Kyra from OKBaby. Wow, I must be drunk myself lol they aren't Mormon. :ooops:
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Not trying to be mean or judge, but I find it so weird how Shanna wore her usual outfits in Greece! She wore jeans, plaid button up shirts, etc. I understand clothing and style is very different person to person, but sometimes she comes off as sloppy when wearing those, especially there. I've just been seeing pictures on instagram from her group and I'm like, why?? I'm a very casual person so I get it, but you'd think maybe she would wear something else on her trip! idk!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Have you all seen the pictures on her IG comparing herself to Tiffani Thiessen and her husband to Luke Perry? ImageImage
And of course, she's FaceTuned. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... 219020.jpg[/IMG]

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They spend so much money!! They are always going shopping and now this iPhone. Did you notice that Shanna was trying to say how Kesley earns money and didn't mention youtube at all? She definitely makes money from her YouTube channel and I'm sure it's a good amount of money for being only 15 (?) years old. I mean, how else would she be able to buy herself a phone that's around $1,300? No way she makes that much off of grades and babysitting, and even if she did save up for a long time, it would've been gone by then :lol: I'm all for parents making their kids save money and eventually spending it on something they really want, but iPhones are so expensive and quickly go out of date. It won't be long til a new one comes out- then this one will be discounted! It's just mind boggling to me. Also, is it a coincidence that Ruby just made a video of her at the Verizon store buying new iPhone xs max's for Shari and Chad? hmm. And they couldn't just get 1 cellphone case, they had to get multiple plus a couple pop sockets. Cases from Apple are around $40 which is ridiculous because they are not even protective! It would be different if it was. They could've gotten a simple case like that on Amazon for $10. Sorry- I realized this rant just got super out of hand and super long, lol. It's just crazy to me.
reportedfun23
Talker
Talker

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:They spend so much money!! They are always going shopping and now this iPhone. Did you notice that Shanna was trying to say how Kesley earns money and didn't mention youtube at all? She definitely makes money from her YouTube channel and I'm sure it's a good amount of money for being only 15 (?) years old. I mean, how else would she be able to buy herself a phone that's around $1,300? No way she makes that much off of grades and babysitting, and even if she did save up for a long time, it would've been gone by then Image I'm all for parents making their kids save money and eventually spending it on something they really want, but iPhones are so expensive and quickly go out of date. It won't be long til a new one comes out- then this one will be discounted! It's just mind boggling to me. Also, is it a coincidence that Ruby just made a video of her at the Verizon store buying new iPhone xs max's for Shari and Chad? hmm. And they couldn't just get 1 cellphone case, they had to get multiple plus a couple pop sockets. Cases from Apple are around $40 which is ridiculous because they are not even protective! It would be different if it was. They could've gotten a simple case like that on Amazon for $10. Sorry- I realized this rant just got super out of hand and super long, lol. It's just crazy to me.
If I had a child that decided to branch off from the family channel, I'd make her save every dime for college and give her a normal allowance.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”