Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote: The whole thing is becoming very messy. I don't know if anyone follows SBSK- it's a channel that interviews people (often children) with disabilities and their families. It sheds important light on the lived realities of these families. The YouTubers behind it just put out a video about how absolutely devastated they are that their comments have been turned off. Chris Ulmer is one of the calmest people on the internet, and he's in tears, yelling at times, and very angry about this, saying that so many of the families saw these comments as their lifelines. They were a way of protecting the memory of those loved one who have died, and a way of showing support to those who have trouble making friends and community in the offline world. It's a very interesting side of the argument that I hadn't considered before. Both Chris and his partner Alyssa Porter insist their videos have not been subjected to predatory comments, and I would be surprised honestly if they had been- everything is always done very professionally and respectfully. It's a very unfortunate situation here. Those who are using YT as a platform for advancing the well-being of children in an appropriate and affirming way are being punished by those who exploit their kids for money.
I hadn’t heard this! Chris is like a modern day Mr Rogers and has done so much to bring awareness to special needs individuals and their individual value. He’s amazing. It makes me sad to think predators have created an environment that is getting in the way of real progress and human growth. Hopefully he’ll be able to continue what he’s doing. He didn’t exploit anyone, and would never have left hateful or harmful comments up on his channel. If anyone can be trusted to self-moderate, it’s him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

His video is very powerful. I recommend you watch it. I agree with the modern day Mister Rogers assessment.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:For the parents here, in regard to Boston, what is that fine line of my kid needs to be pushed to enjoy this vs let them do what they want. I know Bonnie said Boston ended up having a favorite ride that he initially did not want to go on. I dont have kids but I remember my brother being someone who had to be pushed a little bit, but he always enjoyed it after the initial freak-out, but he also really knew when to put his foot down and tell my parents "no".
We always ask our 6yo twice and then let it be. You don't want them to miss out but they have to make their own choices.

Recently we did that with our son and a skyride....he said he was afraid of heights but we told him to try (just because we know its super tame) and he ended up loving it. Any kind of roller coaster though, we know to not push him on

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

Denlillehavfrue wrote:For the parents here, in regard to Boston, what is that fine line of my kid needs to be pushed to enjoy this vs let them do what they want. I know Bonnie said Boston ended up having a favorite ride that he initially did not want to go on. I dont have kids but I remember my brother being someone who had to be pushed a little bit, but he always enjoyed it after the initial freak-out, but he also really knew when to put his foot down and tell my parents "no".
If it is something my child has expressed interest in doing and they suddenly have anxiety and don’t want to do it, I try to encourage them because I know they’ll regret it later. I have an 11 year old and now a 4 year old with anxiety, so I’m no stranger to knowing when to encourage, when to push them, and when to let them back out. If I knew my child would enjoy a ride, and thought they were being overly anxious, I would gently encourage them to do it with me. Sometimes I would even offer bribes to encourage them to be brave. If it came down to doing a roller coaster, or riding a tamer ride I also thought they would enjoy, I would let them make the choice that felt right to them. You do have to push them sometimes though. Anxiety is a tricky thing, and it seldom gets better the more you give into it. Usually the opposite happens and confidence sinks, and with it the anxiety rises and the world becomes smaller.

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Bonnie’s children are already damaged by anxiety from the overuse of the corner. Sleeping in dark locked rooms ,no access to mom when needed.Mental abuse with her deamining mouth towards them. Olivia at one point did not only bite her nails ,they all did but Olivia picked at her skin too. There are numerous scientific articles out there on that and on what happens to a child if they are forced to early in a fear they are not capable of handling. Especially in fun fairs!
Of course there will be mild rides we coax so as not to miss out but I picked out two statements by Boston!
The ride he was put on that he looked absolutely terrified was if I am not mistaken either Aerosmith roller coaster or space mountain, the first is super loud the second is too fast for a five year old.
Boston said “Don’t put me on anymore rollercoasters” He also said “It was too loud” Children at 5 with the brain still swimming in their scull can experience such negative facts that stay with them a lifetime. Also they are very sound sensitive. Yes there are rides parents use to coaxe know their child(each one unique) and there are rides you need to step back and listen,not just because you are there push everyone onto everything. Don’t miss out? For who? The parents ego. The child is its own person.
Some examples on my case review,
Child encouraged to be brave go on rides etc ,like Cody often pretends,ended up with extreme anxiety as an adult. It manifested in phobias unrelated to theme park but did not ever enter a park again.
Milder case in point,child often asked if they would like to go on rides but forced in house of horrors,attends park but cannot go on the Snow White ride as an adult.
Children in case study who always had a choice as adults enjoy all rides.
Expressing your fear and that being respected by the people inlisted with your safety can have a positive confident result later. It can be counterproductive to do otherwise later in life.
Every parent is not perfect and the parks can be a stressful experience,especially if you have been waiting a long time and when your turn comes your child kicks off and there is really nowhere to go but forward. However, most parents know their children’s limit way before they go to parks! A pushy and domineering mom like Bonster will definitely override any self expression of her children! To understand the fear level of a five year old,you just need to see the example of Boston thinking he was actually going to the moon.
Having a child Boston’s age all I want to do is love and listen to him for once,nearly every single video she is after him it is so sad to watch.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

A child encouraged to go on rides doesn’t always end up with anxiety as an adult because of it. I mean, most kids who are scared of things as a child already have an excess of anxiety, so of course they have it as an adult.

Relevent personal experience...The first few times my family and I attended the fair, I was too scared to go on the rides, but then was very upset that I hadn’t when we got home. Panic attack upset. I would talk about how different things would be the next time, and then get too scared to try anything again the next time. My parents were very easy on me and didn’t push, but I was very hard on myself afterward, and always felt disappointed that I couldn’t just have fun like the other kids. At some point my parents decided that enough was enough and they were tired of my pointing out how mad I was at myself after the fact, and agreed to just push me harder when we attended Disney World the next summer. Day one the anxiety hit and I couldn’t go on a ride I had wanted to for months. I vividly recall crying because I was scared to do it, but also mad at myself for being scared and also crying about crying. Ordinarily my dad would have gotten out of line with me and we would have waited with a treat for everyone, but this time he told me I should do it, and assured me it would be fine. He didn’t offer to give me an easy way out, because he realized that wasn’t actually easier. He told me I didn’t have to go on, but that everyone else would still be going. I didn’t want to wait at the emergency exit alone, so I got on. Instead of scarring me, that moment made me feel fantastic about myself. It doesn’t feel great being scared of things that are fun for everyone else. It felt awful. This made me realize how much better it felt to overcome my fears than to take the “easy” route and avoid them. I’m not traumatized by being gently pushed to do it. I was far more traumatized by the times I let myself down. I see Boston in much the same way. I’m glad they keep trying to encourage him to do things they think he might enjoy. I mean, it’s Disney World! They may not get back again.

Just my perspective for those of you who may have an anxious and nervous child. Sometimes it makes sense to push.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

My opinion is,for those of you who have a nervous or anxious child you all probably know what to do and gently push! Boston doesn’t get to make independent decisions in basically everything in his life.Boston is seldom respected as an individual and never heard! Basically even a common brain can see that by observing all vlogs!
My perspective is it is not black and white and parents know their child and each child reacts differently not because one child was hard on itself that means all wiil be that way, they may be empowered and more confident that their opinion mattered and they were respected as individuals!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Nuna wrote:A child encouraged to go on rides doesn’t always end up with anxiety as an adult because of it. I mean, most kids who are scared of things as a child already have an excess of anxiety, so of course they have it as an adult.

Relevent personal experience...The first few times my family and I attended the fair, I was too scared to go on the rides, but then was very upset that I hadn’t when we got home. Panic attack upset. I would talk about how different things would be the next time, and then get too scared to try anything again the next time. My parents were very easy on me and didn’t push, but I was very hard on myself afterward, and always felt disappointed that I couldn’t just have fun like the other kids. At some point my parents decided that enough was enough and they were tired of my pointing out how mad I was at myself after the fact, and agreed to just push me harder when we attended Disney World the next summer. Day one the anxiety hit and I couldn’t go on a ride I had wanted to for months. I vividly recall crying because I was scared to do it, but also mad at myself for being scared and also crying about crying. Ordinarily my dad would have gotten out of line with me and we would have waited with a treat for everyone, but this time he told me I should do it, and assured me it would be fine. He didn’t offer to give me an easy way out, because he realized that wasn’t actually easier. He told me I didn’t have to go on, but that everyone else would still be going. I didn’t want to wait at the emergency exit alone, so I got on. Instead of scarring me, that moment made me feel fantastic about myself. It doesn’t feel great being scared of things that are fun for everyone else. It felt awful. This made me realize how much better it felt to overcome my fears than to take the “easy” route and avoid them. I’m not traumatized by being gently pushed to do it. I was far more traumatized by the times I let myself down. I see Boston in much the same way. I’m glad they keep trying to encourage him to do things they think he might enjoy. I mean, it’s Disney World! They may not get back again.

Just my perspective for those of you who may have an anxious and nervous child. Sometimes it makes sense to push.
OMG I completely related to the crying about crying part! My oldest used to have panic attacks about his worry about having a panic attack. Anxiety is a tricky thing to navigate. As a parent it’s really hard to find a balance between pushing and going easy on your child.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Today’s vlog was really well done. I’m a huge Disney fan, but have been reluctant to try a cruise for many reasons (safety being a huge one, and Linc standing on the patio chair gave me intense anxiety ). Based off this and the Evantube cruise vlog, I’m sold on a Disney one for next year. They really seemed to be enjoying some quality time together, and everyone seemed happy. That’s why I love Disney vacations, for me they are always less stressful because everyone is happy.

I eye rolled at a few Bonnie moments (like taking the Minnie ears from Olivia, and pointing out her sunglasses are Chanel) but for the most part she seemed low maintenance and just happy and appreciative of the experience. Weird it seemed like they made a point to film around E&J though.

That said, I’m shocked they didn’t spread the trip out over more vlogs. They could have easily done two of DW and two of the cruise. Joel did at least put a solid effort into editing the ones they did do though, so maybe fewer is better.

purple_rain_82
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by purple_rain_82 »

Denlillehavfrue wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:48 pm For the parents here, in regard to Boston, what is that fine line of my kid needs to be pushed to enjoy this vs let them do what they want. I know Bonnie said Boston ended up having a favorite ride that he initially did not want to go on. I dont have kids but I remember my brother being someone who had to be pushed a little bit, but he always enjoyed it after the initial freak-out, but he also really knew when to put his foot down and tell my parents "no".
I don't think Boston has the permission to put his foot down and tell his parents "no". Bonnie is the boss....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:His video is very powerful. I recommend you watch it. I agree with the modern day Mister Rogers assessment.
I never heard of that channel! I will have to check it out.
I didn't have a lot of parent friends when we moved out of the expensive area near the Navy base until my daughter got into Special Olympics. A lot of the special needs parents at my daughter's school were kinda trashy and not really involved.
Sorry for going OT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Bonnie is right, referring to tomorrow will not be as near exciting. It will be hard to top filming in Disney World and on the Disney Cruise so I hope Joel wasn't slacking and didn't create more vlogs? The last two videos were very good.
Clickbaits equal greater views when you compare Breaking the new to Olivia and yesterday's vlog. I believe 'Disney' doesn't tag high with searches since so many upload their Disney trips on YT. Their second day Kids react to Disney World (103,000 views and rising) I'm still surprised the views are not higher with their channel having over a million subscribers. Comments turned off maybe having some impact.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

They really did a good job with these two vlogs, mostly Joel.

I could have done without the pan up shot of Bonnie and then Joel ogling her but other then that it was pretty enjoyable.

I’m glad the kids finally had a trip they seemed to love, after all their entire success and invitation to the trip is because of them.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

What Disney ship are they on? What days were they actually on the cruise?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

sheltiefan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 am What Disney ship are they on? What days were they actually on the cruise?
I know it was on the Disney Dream. Not sure of the dates. Didn't you love how Bonnie pronounces Nassau? She's so dumb.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

ba1006 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
sheltiefan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 am What Disney ship are they on? What days were they actually on the cruise?
I know it was on the Disney Dream. Not sure of the dates. Didn't you love how Bonnie pronounces Nassau? She's so dumb.
The reason I was asking is there is a cruise forum deal that I follow and they have what they call roll calls. People going on a particular ship and date will get on a roll call and talk about the cruise befor they leave, while they are on the cruise, etc. I checked and found the date they were on the cruise and didn't see a roll call for that week. I was hoping to see if people complained about a large group being on board or screaming and acting goofy like Jared.

I enjoyed today's vlog also but not as much as yesterday! Yep Bonnie and Nassau-was shaking my head on that one! :D
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

My feedback for this vlog is that they did a pretty good job with it. However, the amount of children butt shots in bathing suites it was a predator hay day. I think they could have left out the shots of the butts or filmed from a different angle. They are not making any efforts to be better.

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

I agree it was a nice vlog (because I'm a big Disney fan and have done both disney world and a disney cruise)......my only complaint is the constant butt shots of Bonnie and showing off her "new body" every chance they get. Oh and the "on no! not my Chanel glasses!" :-o :-o
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

ba1006 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
You would think she would learn how to say Nassau before she went.......she is promoting Disney World and the Disney Cruises and she can't even say the name of the place they are at. Typical Bonnie, showing off her intelligence every chance she gets. :P :P
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

gopedjane wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am My feedback for this vlog is that they did a pretty good job with it. However, the amount of children butt shots in bathing suites it was a predator hay day. I think they could have left out the shots of the butts or filmed from a different angle. They are not making any efforts to be better.

I agree. There was one particular shot of Olivia where her swimsuit is clearly too small. Her butt is hanging out of it. I think it was in the aquarium. Isn't this what YouTube is trying to stop? Maybe we should report it?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”