The Leroys

Elah_w
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Leroys

Unread post by Elah_w »

I feel like Kesley probably makes a good amount from her personal YouTube and Shanna probably pitches in for whatever she wants because she knows damn well she’s the only reason people watch the family channel. I think an iPhone is a dumb thing to blow that money on. She must have a lot of money coming in to spend that much on a phone. I guess at 15 with more money than some adults make at a job and no bills to pay, it probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to her.

This family seems to make a lot of money as it is based on the homes they’re looking at buying, private schools, vacations, etc. Isn’t the dad a pilot? It seems like he’s always home in every vlog I watch... is he actually a pilot or am I making that up somehow? Has Shanna ever worked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Elah_w wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:49 pm I feel like Kesley probably makes a good amount from her personal YouTube and Shanna probably pitches in for whatever she wants because she knows damn well she’s the only reason people watch the family channel. I think an iPhone is a dumb thing to blow that money on. She must have a lot of money coming in to spend that much on a phone. I guess at 15 with more money than some adults make at a job and no bills to pay, it probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to her.

This family seems to make a lot of money as it is based on the homes they’re looking at buying, private schools, vacations, etc. Isn’t the dad a pilot? It seems like he’s always home in every vlog I watch... is he actually a pilot or am I making that up somehow? Has Shanna ever worked?

Even though I'd never do YouTube (too invasive and exploitive), I hope they know that they are lucky for earning so much money just by making videos... as I've mentioned (and as you all know) they love to spend money and I just truly hope they are putting it away for the kids' futures as well. And, Yes he's a pilot. I've been wondering why he's always home too? I remember in the beginning he was gone a lot. Shanna went to cosmetology school and used to do hair. She doesn't do it anymore though. I know she mentioned that she quickly got bored with it, so I don't know how long she actually did it for.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Is it a requirement for Utah girls to study cosmetology? It seems like ALL of the vlogger wives studied it. There must be a huge glut of hairdressers in Utah.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:32 pm Is it a requirement for Utah girls to study cosmetology? It seems like ALL of the vlogger wives studied it. There must be a huge glut of hairdressers in Utah.

And none of them stick to it! Not saying that being a stay at home mom isn't a full-time and rewarding job in itself, but they all work such a short amount of time before quitting it. And they seem very uninterested in it as well. Hmm
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

He’s home an awful lot for a commercial airline pilot. I don’t know a ton about being a pilot, but I feel like he’s always around during the day and it seems weird to me.

LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

I had to laugh when shana said they don’t spoil their kids. She definitely spoils them! They go out to eat and get “treats” all the time. Kelsey seems to have a large amount of clothing. Especially compared to what the children over at 8 passengers are allowed to have lol Kesley just got a iPhone X max or whatever it is and I’m sure she paid for part of it but not for the whole thing plus cases and pop sockets etc kesley gets her hair dyed so they probably pay for that every 4-6 weeks. But nope they are definitely not spoiled. I really hate how blank their house looks. I’m not sure if it’s because they are planning on moving or if it’s always been so bare and blah. I haven’t watched them long.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

LuckyCharm wrote:I had to laugh when shana said they don’t spoil their kids. She definitely spoils them! They go out to eat and get “treats” all the time. Kelsey seems to have a large amount of clothing. Especially compared to what the children over at 8 passengers are allowed to have lol Kesley just got a iPhone X max or whatever it is and I’m sure she paid for part of it but not for the whole thing plus cases and pop sockets etc kesley gets her hair dyed so they probably pay for that every 4-6 weeks. But nope they are definitely not spoiled. I really hate how blank their house looks. I’m not sure if it’s because they are planning on moving or if it’s always been so bare and blah. I haven’t watched them long.
Every YouTube family always said their kids are “fortunate” and not “spoiled”. So annoying. I was pretty surprised Shanna admitted she only does YouTube for the money. I gotta hand it to her for being honest but it threw me off. They have so many kid viewers so I was shocked she didn’t do the whole “we do it to share our lives with you guys!”.

I think their house is bare also because ~minimalism~ is kind of in right now. It could be because they always want to move too. I feel like them moving is a ways off though so it wouldn’t hurt to have some stuff in your house that makes it feel like a home...

thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

I find it interesting how they try to act like Kesley has never dated anyone before even though there is a video of Shanna talking about how Kesley "broke up" with a guy named Carson that was her "boyfriend". You can't break up with someone you aren't dating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJPPkWJd7w&t=28s
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What is it with that woman and filters? Talking about her daughters breakup (bad enough to be talking about it on a video like that) with a doggie filter on?
God she's weird.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, and who gets their _wedding gown_ out of storage and has their 25 year old daughter try it on?

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Just watched the assumptions video.

First- obviously they do youtube for the money. Like you guys, I was pretty shocked to hear her admit that. We all know that 99% of youtubers are just money hungry. But it's disgusting to think about how she blatantly admitted that after having all of these exploiting titles- like, she basically admitted that she exploits her kids because of the money she can make off of it. That's sick.
Next, It bugs me SO MUCH how she assumes Kesley is a few years away from having children. Kesley even admitted she's too young and immature for dating. How do you expect her to start dating, hit it off with a guy, get married, and have a child all within a handful of years if she never even officially started to date yet? Not saying it can't be done. And I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with having children young. But, I'm in my early 20s and there was no way I could've handled a child along with going to college, working to pay for it, along with going back to school to further my education immediately after undergrad. Just because Shanna had Kesley at 22, she assumes Kesley will follow in her footsteps, and she's mentioned this sooo many times. I don't think it's right at all.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Just watched the assumptions video.

First- obviously they do youtube for the money. Like you guys, I was pretty shocked to hear her admit that. We all know that 99% of youtubers are just money hungry. But it's disgusting to think about how she blatantly admitted that after having all of these exploiting titles- like, she basically admitted that she exploits her kids because of the money she can make off of it. That's sick.
Next, It bugs me SO MUCH how she assumes Kesley is a few years away from having children. Kesley even admitted she's too young and immature for dating. How do you expect her to start dating, hit it off with a guy, get married, and have a child all within a handful of years if she never even officially started to date yet? Not saying it can't be done. And I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with having children young. But, I'm in my early 20s and there was no way I could've handled a child along with going to college, working to pay for it, along with going back to school to further my education immediately after undergrad. Just because Shanna had Kesley at 22, she assumes Kesley will follow in her footsteps, and she's mentioned this sooo many times. I don't think it's right at all.
I agree completely. I had a boyfriend in high school, broke up with him, and genuinely enjoyed being single throughout my early 20’s. I’m married to the love of my life now but can not imagine at all what life would have been like if I got married super young. Or had children young. Nothing wrong with having a SO/kids when you’re young or anything, but it isn’t for everyone and I don’t think it’s fair to push that on a kid because their religion expects it or because that’s what their parents did. It certainly wasn’t for me and would have legit ruined my life (and probably the child’s life) if I felt forced into something like that. Plus there’s so much shame with divorce in their religion. Imagine getting married young and regretting it, and not being able to do much about it. I have known Mormons that got divorced but it certainly wasn’t accepted by family or church members. Probably depends on the Mormon community but it’s common for divorce to be frowned upon.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Agree 100% about how it's not fair to put that kind of pressure on Kesley. You change so much in your early 20's. Doesn't Utah have a higher rate of depression and opiate abuse than the rest of the country? The pressure to get married so young and not be able to divorce if you end up miserable probably has a lot to do with that.
Speaking of exploiting her kids, what is up with today's thumbnail? "My Crush Denied Me" with a picture of a kid (is it Rhett?) in BED! WTF??

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Kesley never even seems shocked when Shanna makes those comments. In fact, she agrees with her. That's because it's probably what Kesley feels like is "normal" and what she has to do. Even with Shari from 8 Passengers- someone made a comment to her when she was holding a baby saying that this will be her in x amount of years and she agreed. Strange
cupcakezzzzz
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cupcakezzzzz »

I don't believe in young marriage at all. I think she should start working on Kesley's future. They're feeding her all this weird/ cult-y/sister wives/ child bride bullshit. Prepare that girl for college!

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cupcakezzzzz wrote:I don't believe in young marriage at all. I think she should start working on Kesley's future. They're feeding her all this weird/ cult-y/sister wives/ child bride bullshit. Prepare that girl for college!

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
The whole "trying on my wedding gown" thing is do cringey. It's like she thinks Kesley is going to marry Chad.
Ick.

PoppyFlower1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoppyFlower1 »

I'm taking a wild guess that the whole Chad and Kesley relationship was a big scam to encourage engagement to both channels? seems like since valentines day they dont hang together as much and less focused in both their videos. Honestly all these family vloggers couldnt be real if they tried. sad.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PoppyFlower1 wrote:I'm taking a wild guess that the whole Chad and Kesley relationship was a big scam to encourage engagement to both channels? seems like since valentines day they dont hang together as much and less focused in both their videos. Honestly all these family vloggers couldnt be real if they tried. sad.
Oh, yeah-- I totally agree. She is also trying to ship Rhett with Ruby's daughter Abby. They're 11, FFS. It is ALL for views. Kesley doesn't even seem to like Chad that much. And the really stupid thing about it is that they aren't even allowed to "date" until they are 16! But they can have "boyfriends" or "girlfriends"? It's just so obnoxious. Before Chad, Kesley had another boyfriend. They even had a ship name. And when they split, Shanna did a whole video about "what happened". ImageImage

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:17 am
PoppyFlower1 wrote:I'm taking a wild guess that the whole Chad and Kesley relationship was a big scam to encourage engagement to both channels? seems like since valentines day they dont hang together as much and less focused in both their videos. Honestly all these family vloggers couldnt be real if they tried. sad.
Oh, yeah-- I totally agree. She is also trying to ship Rhett with Ruby's daughter Abby. They're 11, FFS. It is ALL for views. Kesley doesn't even seem to like Chad that much. And the really stupid thing about it is that they aren't even allowed to "date" until they are 16! But they can have "boyfriends" or "girlfriends"? It's just so obnoxious. Before Chad, Kesley had another boyfriend. They even had a ship name. And when they split, Shanna did a whole video about "what happened". ImageImage

Also, I'm not sure if you watched the video "My Crush Denied Me". I know it was mentioned above. But in the video, Abby told Rhett that she doesn't like him anymore. So if Shanna starts up again with this "couple", its obviously being played up for the camera. It's sad that a grown woman focuses so much attention on these "relationships" just for her own monetary gain instead of other factors
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:17 am

Also, I'm not sure if you watched the video "My Crush Denied Me". I know it was mentioned above. But in the video, Abby told Rhett that she doesn't like him anymore. So if Shanna starts up again with this "couple", its obviously being played up for the camera. It's sad that a grown woman focuses so much attention on these "relationships" just for her own monetary gain instead of other factors
I didn't watch it, but I thought it was really skeevy that the thumbnail was Rhett in BED with the title "My Crush Denied Me". I mean, who was that supposed to attract?

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”