8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Elah_w
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Elah_w »

That video Shari made was so hard to watch. I’m glad someone finally admitted that the family is mean to Julie because we have all seen it for years. Julie seemed stronger and more confident in that video than she has in the past, which is good, but also sad because she is probably so used to being treated poorly by her family. Shari is such a little crotchety, entitled girl that isn’t mature at all. I maintain that she’s jealous of Julie because Julie is growing up to be beautiful and has more charisma than Shari. Shari even said Julie has charisma, even though Ms. Smarty-pants couldn’t define the word to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brazilnut »

ctx2002 wrote:So I figured out which private school the kids go to, because I was curious what kind of tuition they're paying. And holy crap! :-o That's like buying a brand new, not-luxury-but-still-nice car every year. I knew they were raking in the money, but to be able to afford that plus the standard costs of raising six kids and taxes and so on. Geeze! And Kevin may be tenured, but he can't be making much more than around $125,000 at best (I would assume).

Then again I guess they can at least save money by skimping on birthday gifts. :?
Please oh please tell me how to figure it out! I'm a teacher and I'm VERY curious about what kind of curricula they follow based on little snippets I've heard from the kids.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I know they haven't shared the name of the school, but they have made it clear they attend a "Mormon Private School", and show the uniforms regularly. That seems unwise considering there aren't many of them......and Google is a powerful tool.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Brazilnut wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:38 pm
ctx2002 wrote:So I figured out which private school the kids go to, because I was curious what kind of tuition they're paying. And holy crap! :-o That's like buying a brand new, not-luxury-but-still-nice car every year. I knew they were raking in the money, but to be able to afford that plus the standard costs of raising six kids and taxes and so on. Geeze! And Kevin may be tenured, but he can't be making much more than around $125,000 at best (I would assume).

Then again I guess they can at least save money by skimping on birthday gifts. :?
Please oh please tell me how to figure it out! I'm a teacher and I'm VERY curious about what kind of curricula they follow based on little snippets I've heard from the kids.

Shari posted a picture of her in a track uniform with the name of their mascot on the front.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Wow! I watched Shari's "SISTER TAG". Ruby thinks these girls are "best friends"? I treat my enemies better. I don't blame Eve for turning down Shari's invite.

1) I am sad to learn that I was correct in my guess that Shari was outsourcing her pet care to her siblings. It sounds like they are her unpaid slaves while she relaxes in her room or sleeps in (wonder where she learned that?). I hope Shari doesn't get paid for Shari/Julie babysitting the kids when she is supposed to be. And does Ruby hold Shari responsible for all of the kids' actions, or does she just like to boss them around? Shari forcing Julie do chores, monitoring her performance, and making her wake up the boys in the morning seems like Mom's job.....unless they are actually Shari's chores that she has "delegated"?

2) I guess it is nice to know they they recognize they are "mean" to Julie for no reason, but why don't they change their atrocious behavior then? It was painful to see her sitting there so stoically as she got ripped apart by her family. At least Julie seems to see herself for who she truly is now, admitting her flaws, and confident in her strengths. She is my favorite by far. She is the anti-Shari.....tall, leggy, blond, kind, generous, street smart, charismatic, humble, etc. I agree with the previous poster that thinks Shari is jealous.

3) Hearing that Julie not only is still suffering from regular tics, but that her family says that is what they hate about her, is heart breaking. Did Ruby not make a video almost a yr ago, saying the worst thing you can do is call attention to it? I AM NOT DIAGNOSING, but after a year of multiple chronic motor tics (blinking & nose twitching) and vocal tics (sniffing & coughing) you are headed into potential Tourette's territory. I hope Ruby takes her to a qualified neurologist, as it seems to be getting her mercilessly bullied at home (at a minimum)....who knows what happens at school......she was faking sick constantly.

https://www.texaschildrens.org/blog/tic ... ndrome-101

4) Am I a bad person for hoping Shari gets engaged soon, so Abby can be separated from the toxicity of Shari, and repair her relationship with Julie? At least they spend time together (even if it is only watching tv), and Abby knows that Julie doesn't like to read. Shari only knows that they all have brown eyes. Seriously, that is the one and only thing you share in common with your sisters besides parents? Shari is so self centered I am surprised she remembers their names.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Abby is becoming quite a brat from all the buddying around with Shari. Her and Julie are only a year apart and Abby seems to think now that she is so much better than her. I really hope Julie has a good set of friends at school because her siblings are always excluding her or ragging on her.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I was looking around at the school requirements and came across the "Kindergarten Readiness Assessment" required for admission. I am betting that Ruby didn't decide Eve wasn't ready, but the school. I wonder what will happen if Eve doesn't get admitted to Kindergarten next year at 6 yrs old.....homeschool or public? Or is that what the massive donation was for?
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

oh wow. it was so easy to the find the school, all you had to do was search for a mormon private school in their area of Utah and it was the first one that popped up. that would terrify me if i were to walk out of school and people i didn’t know had found me through the internet.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

The dumbass ruined a huge part of Captain Marvel movie for all the people who haven’t seen it yet! Complete and utter shithead! Once again a giant bag of candy is bought for a friends birthday..barf. Candy..candy..candy everywhere. You know the Leroy’s can’t stand her..she ruined a grown up double date and brought her 7 kids along and made them all late on top of that colossal screw up. Idiot
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Is it wise for a parent to encourage their 14yr old to immerse himself/ his legs in an ice bath for 15 MINUTES? That seems intense to me?
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

In today's vlog when Chad was "leg wrestling" the girls. He totally threw Abby head first into the bunk bed ladder and Ruby didn't say anything except "uh oh, you hurt her." I hope she's okay...
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Those kids are old enough to know you shouldn’t horse play (leg wrestle) next to furniture that can break your head open. Apple didn’t fall far from that tree unfortunately. :-o
westcoastgirl92
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by westcoastgirl92 »

another vlog where the personality of shari is shining trough. it was soooo cringy when shes gathering all the siblings together only that she can show them her stuff and add to every piece that nobody is allowed to touch it. and the wows and oooohs after every piece seemed forced and only for the camera(or maybe the kids(how shari always refering to them) were scared that saying something negativ leads to a shitstorm from shari). it baffles me how bigheaded and vain she is. :-o :-o :-o :-o

and i dont wanna offend someone or be mean at any point, but when shes trying on her shoes i can see signs of dwarfism. its like the shape of her body and the relation of upper body and legs.
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

westcoastgirl92 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 am another vlog where the personality of shari is shining trough. it was soooo cringy when shes gathering all the siblings together only that she can show them her stuff and add to every piece that nobody is allowed to touch it. and the wows and oooohs after every piece seemed forced and only for the camera(or maybe the kids(how shari always refering to them) were scared that saying something negativ leads to a shitstorm from shari). it baffles me how bigheaded and vain she is. :-o :-o :-o :-o

Not only that, but telling Abby not to touch her stuff when she is currently wearing Abby's shirt. What a brat.
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

When I was watching one of the vlogs a few days ago my husband asked me if Shari was a little person. I’ve always kind of wondered as well. I feel like if ruby thought maybe she was she would probably never get her diagnosed by a doctor because in her mind that would ruin her perfect family image. I just watched the video Shari made with Julie and Abby.....Shari is supposed to watch the kids but she locks herself in the room and makes Julie and Abby watch them....wow and she forces Abby to do things for her and she’s too afraid to say no to Shari!!! Those poor girls. Shari seems way more bratty and mean than I thought she was. Everything Julie and Abby said about her she would say they were lying. And for her to laugh and brag about how mean they are to Julie! I want to save poor Julie!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It’s ridiculous how Shari calls her siblings (kids)! What the hell does she think she is? Sorry doll..you are a kid also. Definitely not their Mother, stop trying to act like you are.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

Catface2 wrote:It’s ridiculous how Shari calls her siblings (kids)! What the hell does she think she is? Sorry doll..you are a kid also. Definitely not their Mother, stop trying to act like you are.
Right? But she thinks she’s soOoO mature. A 16 year old that is mean to her 10 and 11 year old siblings and laughs about it is not mature. Making your sisters care for your pets because you’re lazy is not mature. Having a narrow view of the world and claiming that you’re so smart and mature- is not mature!

And I’ve always thought that she had some kind of dwarfism too. There’s so many different types and it’s definitely possible to have dwarfism and be her height.

Why do you guys think Shari is so into working out now? Do you think Ruby said something to make her feel insecure and she’s trying to lose weight? Because I know Ruby has recently been trying to eat better, exercise, and has lost some weight. I hope it’s just about Shari wanting to be healthier and nothing that’s damaging...

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I’ve also thought for a long time she has dwarfism. Achondroplasia shaped head and longer torso with short legs. Eve seems to be just like her. Little people need specialized equipment when driving..I think they should get her a few things..so she can actually see the lines in the road and not put all on the road at risk. She herself said she can’t see the lines ...that’s a problem.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

Is their dog still alive?
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

PigeonOfLondon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 am Is their dog still alive?
As far as I know.

Return to “8 Passengers”