8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Emily81
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Emily81 »

sheltiefan wrote:I started watching Ruby full time around the first of the year. I am going through some of the old vlogs and was wondering what vlogs would you recommend to watch?
None.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Emily81 wrote:
sheltiefan wrote:I started watching Ruby full time around the first of the year. I am going through some of the old vlogs and was wondering what vlogs would you recommend to watch?
None.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

nikki20031
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nikki20031 »

Firstly, Kevin is an ass. I tried to think of another way to describe him, but this is the word that keeps coming to mind. Ruby asked him to stop flying a drone in the house and he completely dismissed her, smirked, and carried on.

Secondly, in a previous video he brought home sandwiches for dinner one night. Ruby seemed shocked and surprised, like she didn't know about it. What if she had cooked dinner?!

Thirdly, he doesn't seem all that involved with the kids and their day-to-day routines. That's why Shari is kinda a bossy older sister. Its because she has been the one helping Ruby in raising her siblings. Kevin goes to work, goes to the gym, and does his own stuff, knowing that Ruby will take care of everything else. That's why Shari is getting involved in the gym, likely to spend time with, please, and get some attention from her ignoring dad.

Lastly, I feel like Ruby is constantly trying to please him and go along with his suggestions in order for him to give her some attention and validation, but he doesn't. Why doesn't he ever ask her where she wants to go eat?! and make a decision together with her?! Their marriage is nothing like her parents. You can tell that Chad is still head over heels with Jennifer and that they have a mutual respect for each other.

I've watched the 8 Passengers vlogs for years, and honestly I don't see any chemistry, love, and mutual respect between Kevin and Ruby. Its all one sided - with Ruby trying to hold it all together. He's completely and utterly checked out of their marriage.
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

Elah_w wrote:Wtf she won’t get him a new bed? She’s so selfish. They are so loaded yet she won’t even provide her children with basic needs sometimes. I feel like it’s all about her control and not about minimalism or anything. She’s so fake with all that. I get that all her kids share rooms and it’s harder for a larger bed to fit in that room, but she could get bunk beds for them. They even make bunk beds with different sized beds! My brother had a bunk bed with a full size on bottom and a smaller (twin?) size for the top bunk. And he didn’t even share a room. Chad could have the larger size and Russell could have the smaller one. Or they could get a bunk bed with both bunks being larger since Russell will eventually grow out of a small bed too. Chad is probably going to be uncomfortable and get back issues from sleeping on a shitty small bed. This woman needs help. She is not a minimalist or trying to make her children appreciative for what they have, she is a narcissistic control freak that is messing up her kids every single day because she relies on the opinions and views of literal children via the internet for her livelihood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They already have a bed like that in the house in Eve’s room. she gets the big double bed at the bottom while Julie (i think) gets the bed on top.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:46 am
Emily81 wrote:
None.

Well some I have checked is one of the first one where Ruby put Russell in the floor because of throwing up like you all have mentioned. I also watched the Q and A where Kevin said Ruby went to college to find a guy. I was looking through the first thread on them here and it mentioned one that I will be watching later where she changed one of the kids diaper in the store and put the diaper in the garbage under the register. Just checking some of the older ones that you have referenced here since it was before I was watching.

That whole spill with the phone today left me shaking my head!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

nikki20031 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:18 am Firstly, Kevin is an ass. I tried to think of another way to describe him, but this is the word that keeps coming to mind. Ruby asked him to stop flying a drone in the house and he completely dismissed her, smirked, and carried on.

Secondly, in a previous video he brought home sandwiches for dinner one night. Ruby seemed shocked and surprised, like she didn't know about it. What if she had cooked dinner?!

Thirdly, he doesn't seem all that involved with the kids and their day-to-day routines. That's why Shari is kinda a bossy older sister. Its because she has been the one helping Ruby in raising her siblings. Kevin goes to work, goes to the gym, and does his own stuff, knowing that Ruby will take care of everything else. That's why Shari is getting involved in the gym, likely to spend time with, please, and get some attention from her ignoring dad.

Lastly, I feel like Ruby is constantly trying to please him and go along with his suggestions in order for him to give her some attention and validation, but he doesn't. Why doesn't he ever ask her where she wants to go eat?! and make a decision together with her?! Their marriage is nothing like her parents. You can tell that Chad is still head over heels with Jennifer and that they have a mutual respect for each other.

I've watched the 8 Passengers vlogs for years, and honestly I don't see any chemistry, love, and mutual respect between Kevin and Ruby. Its all one sided - with Ruby trying to hold it all together. He's completely and utterly checked out of their marriage.
I support most of what you say but I think Ruby is pretty controlling like her other sisters,I think Kevin,because of his education does not accept to be horsewhipped as Joel and Jared and I think he checked out long ago because ,well we all know why Ruby is what we see! I can barely stand her,she is literally a psycho case,everything she says is idiotic,Kevin sees that now, I would run to the gym too if I had to live with that or rather get a divorce.You need a certain stomach to tolerate that! She admits to poor hygiene too! Ruby may think what she does is keeping everything together but the kids take up a lot too while she constantly acts out drama! She ignores her children’s pains needs and her parenting decision are horrendous not that powerful as she thinks!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Wanted to add,I like Kevin, I like the way he is indifferent to her and calm and collected to her over the top stupidity!
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

sheltiefan wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:46 am
Emily81 wrote:None.

Well some I have checked is one of the first one where Ruby put Russell in the floor because of throwing up like you all have mentioned. I also watched the Q and A where Kevin said Ruby went to college to find a guy. I was looking through the first thread on them here and it mentioned one that I will be watching later where she changed one of the kids diaper in the store and put the diaper in the garbage under the register. Just checking some of the older ones that you have referenced here since it was before I was watching.

That whole spill with the phone today left me shaking my head!
You need to watch the one where Ruby "put some beans on to cook on the stove" and then left for a couple of hoursImage. Most people would have cleaned up the mess and aired out the house, but not Ruby. She managed to get insurance to pay for a kitchen remodel. A viewer even started a GoFundMe account for them!
I can not remember the date, but it was maybe a year and half ago?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Sorry for the double post, but I went to look and the vlog I am referring to is April 3, 2017, titled "Dangerous Smoke Disaster!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think the Griffiths women have the illusion of control. Make no mistake, those husband’s are ultimately in control of what matters to THEM. The kids just don’t matter as much, so they let their wives do whatever the heck they want with the kids, as long as they leave them alone.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I support most of what you say but I think Ruby is pretty controlling like her other sisters,I think Kevin,because of his education does not accept to be horsewhipped as Joel and Jared and I think he checked out long ago because ,well we all know why Ruby is what we see! I can barely stand her,she is literally a psycho case,everything she says is idiotic,Kevin sees that now, I would run to the gym too if I had to live with that or rather get a divorce.You need a certain stomach to tolerate that! She admits to poor hygiene too! Ruby may think what she does is keeping everything together but the kids take up a lot too while she constantly acts out drama! She ignores her children’s pains needs and her parenting decision are horrendous not that powerful as she thinks!
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. She put herself in this situation. They've all said that she turns ugly when she gets angry. I can only imagine what that means in real life. She shades him on camera, but we don't know what goes on when the camera goes off.
I'm going to believe what I see which is, the children preferring him hover her. They hug and cuddle their dad in a loving normal way, but it becomes awkward with her. They always look suspicious when she pretends to be loving and caring in front of the camera. She knows what she's doing, she’s throwing him under the bus because she can’t control him anymore.
I don't think she's a more present or more involved. Ruby is the one at home and is makes sense that she should take care of things at home. They’ve also said that they discuss all decisions or make sure that both are on the same page.
Ruby is just like Bonnie, obsessed with feeding her ego through the vlogs. I’ve said it before, Ruby doesn’t have to vlog every day if it’s negatively affecting her family life. She could vlog one day a week and still survive financially, her husband works as well. I just think that this fame thing has gone to her head and Kevin who still lives in the real world might not feel connected to this famous Ruby and she doesn’t understand why.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

sheltiefan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:00 am I started watching Ruby full time around the first of the year. I am going through some of the old vlogs and was wondering what vlogs would you recommend to watch?
I would suggest the ones that made me realize that she's F up,
    The first time a saw her make them sleep on the cold disgusting bathroom floor for being sick. Never seen that anywhere in my life
      The one when she blamed Shari for a missing hair brush.
        Embarrassing Julie to the viewers and calling mother Griffith gossiping about how Julie lost two rings that Evie had taken.
          The one where she slapped Shari pretending it was a unintentionally because Shari either done the same or won in a family game
            When Julie was terrified to ask her mother if she could bring her teddybear to a trip, it was weird
              But the most famous that made me resent her is when she had her mother dearest moment with Julie. The camera just went off when Julie didn't give her the correct answer, it was scary. She went from 0 >100 in a second. From a loving, caring mother to miss evil.
              ujvs_
              Talker
              Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Ruby got the older kids to potty train the younger kids?? I’m not surprised. She obviously was going through some stuff after having Julie.
              Tmmymcdaniel12345
              Amateur
              Amateur

Unread post by Tmmymcdaniel12345 »

ujvs_ wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:02 pm Ruby got the older kids to potty train the younger kids?? I’m not surprised. She obviously was going through some stuff after having Julie.Eve took forever to potty trained.
              Joyce1991
              Amateur
              Amateur

Unread post by Joyce1991 »

Namm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 pm
              sheltiefan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:00 am I started watching Ruby full time around the first of the year. I am going through some of the old vlogs and was wondering what vlogs would you recommend to watch?
                The first time a saw her make them sleep on the cold disgusting bathroom floor for being sick. Never seen that anywhere in my life
                    Embarrassing Julie to the viewers and calling mother Griffith gossiping about how Julie lost two rings that Evie had taken.
                      The one where she slapped Shari pretending it was a unintentionally because Shari either done the same or won in a family game
                        When Julie was terrified to ask her mother if she could bring her teddybear to a trip, it was weird
                          But the most famous that made me resent her is when she had her mother dearest moment with Julie. The camera just went off when Julie didn't give her the correct answer, it was scary. She went from 0 >100 in a second. From a loving, caring mother to miss evil.
                          What? What vlog is the one when she turns the camera off on Julie?? I need to see this. She’s nuts.
                          Namm
                          Gossiper
                          Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Joyce1991 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 pm
                          Namm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 pm
                                      What? What vlog is the one when she turns the camera off on Julie?? I need to see this. She’s nuts.
                                      Sorry I don't remember the title of the vlog. But everybody was happy enjoying themselves and Ruby playing housewife ask Julie if her cooking looks delicious and Julie answers no like a child. Ruby's face changes and the vlog ends. It was just the way she switched that made me uncomfortable and I didn't even notice it until someone in the comment section pointed it out. I don't even think that Ruby realized that she had left that in the vlog.
                                      Lolislol26
                                      True Gossiper
                                      True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Namm wrote:

Not to mention when Russel broke a bone and she didn’t take him to the doctor for week. He was an infant! In that same vlog she talked about how when Russel was an infant Julie was still wetting herself (duh! she was just a toddler) and Julie was whinny often. She said all Julie did was whine and that she smelled like urine.

lolno11
                                                  Amateur
                                                  Amateur
                                                  Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Unread post by lolno11 »

natalka81 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:23 am Ignorant Canadian question here: Why is Shari even having a prom this year? Isn't she in the equivalent of grade 10? Do they do proms every year? I'm confused.
                                                  The way my school did it was that you were eligible to go to prom in grades 10-12. But if you were in tenth you had to be the guest of an older student.
                                                  endof
                                                  Gossiper
                                                  Gossiper
                                                  Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Unread post by endof »

All the sisters have that one child they are horrible to,for Bonnie it’s Boston, Ruby it’s Julie!
                                                  Only after being called out by viewers for her horrible behavior towards Julie did she start to pretend to pay any attention to her! There is a vlog where she even says grandma told her pick up the child and put it in clean clothes! Julie probably was whining because of neglect,no surprise she had a helmet head,no surprise to this day she is bullied by her siblings who follow mom’s cue just the other day Eve said to her you were scary! She has a very mean monster personality,youtube success meant she needed to do damage control so as not to be exposed! So she started this rubbish about how she has grown!
                                                  Joel and Jared are definitely controlled and manipulated well with pretend constant sickness and weak constitution crap, Kevin is smart enough not to feed into that attention seeking rubbish!
                                                  Namm
                                                  Gossiper
                                                  Gossiper
                                                  Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:38 am

Unread post by Namm »

endof wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 pm All the sisters have that one child they are horrible to,for Bonnie it’s Boston, Ruby it’s Julie!
                                                  Only after being called out by viewers for her horrible behavior towards Julie did she start to pretend to pay any attention to her! There is a vlog where she even says grandma told her pick up the child and put it in clean clothes! Julie probably was whining because of neglect,no surprise she had a helmet head,no surprise to this day she is bullied by her siblings who follow mom’s cue just the other day Eve said to her you were scary! She has a very mean monster personality,youtube success meant she needed to do damage control so as not to be exposed! So she started this rubbish about how she has grown!
                                                  Joel and Jared are definitely controlled and manipulated well with pretend constant sickness and weak constitution crap, Kevin is smart enough not to feed into that attention seeking rubbish!
                                                  Yes, I think that she had him wrapped around her finger in the beginning but it's not working anymore. He's a grown man but she is stuck in some ways. He sees through the bullshit now but I don't think that it means that they don't like eachother. I just think that they're comfortable enough to be themselves and not fake it for the cameras. They have a weird dynamic but it works for them.
                                                  I don't understand vloggers who have the need to show their love in front of the camera and all these fake surprise reactions, doesn't seem genuine.

Return to “8 Passengers”