8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Baconsgirl

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

am the only person that thinks it’s stupid to make your kids pay tiede? They should decide that on their own. I am all about giving back and doing tiede btw. I even have a friend that’s parents paid them to do tiede!
Basically it’s the child’s responsibility to figure out what they want to give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

I also thought Abby's phone disaster was staged. Kevin knew it needed to be covered in rice, yet he left it sticking out of the cup of pasta ready for Ruby's "discovery"? Nobody was mad in the slightest either. On the off chance the phone went in the toilet, there should be a vlog soon of everyone getting E. coli from Abby putting toilet water into their food supply.

They get a "conduct" grade which is the 'G' on the report card. You can see Chad has a 'G-' on his report card where Abby and Julie have 'G' or 'G+'. I think his behavior is probably awful at school. They don't just suspend kids of 5+ figure donor families for nothing, and you must have a terrible relationship with your teacher if you are given a 'zero' for drawing a cartoon on the side of your test when you have the correct answers.

I find it really strange that Abby talks about how she gets terrible grades on all her homework yet brings a report card home with mostly A's. Do schools now make it nearly impossible to get a bad grade? Sort of like how everyone gets a trophy for showing up? Another Mormon vlog channel showed a 12 yr old that took a test on states/capitals. The combined scores she gave were clearly a failing grade, yet she passed.....and she said if she hadn't, they got 3 chances to take the test. What!?!?

And why doesn't Russell have grades in grade school? Did Ruby not even look at his past grading periods to know in advance, are his grades too low to show viewers, or does she just not want to pay him?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Baconsgirl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am am the only person that thinks it’s stupid to make your kids pay tiede? They should decide that on their own. I am all about giving back and doing tiede btw. I even have a friend that’s parents paid them to do tiede!

I was under the impression that the Mormon church requires 10% of all earnings. Maybe that is just Ruby's simple-minded understanding of it though? I am starting to forget fact from "Mormon vlogger fiction". Ruby once had to pay Julie back, because she was the only one who had cash at church. However, $10 in pocket money surely isn't 10% of the family's earnings that week. I feel like they might just be 'going through motions' of tithing for the viewers' benefit.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Catface2 »

Kjr123 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:11 am Hold the dang phone.... the kids have to pay tithing?!?! I’m honestly speechless. Here kid let’s take money out of your college fund so the church leaders can make sure their pockets are lined. :x
Nobody in the church gets paid. A common misconception.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:49 am
Baconsgirl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am am the only person that thinks it’s stupid to make your kids pay tiede? They should decide that on their own. I am all about giving back and doing tiede btw. I even have a friend that’s parents paid them to do tiede!

I was under the impression that the Mormon church requires 10% of all earnings. Maybe that is just Ruby's simple-minded understanding of it though? I am starting to forget fact from "Mormon vlogger fiction". Ruby once had to pay Julie back, because she was the only one who had cash at church. However, $10 in pocket money surely isn't 10% of the family's earnings that week. I feel like they might just be 'going through motions' of tithing for the viewers' benefit.
If they gave 10 bucks at church..it most likely was for fasting donations..which goes to buy food for the people who are in need ...I believe in their ward. It’s the money you would have spent on food during your fast that Sunday
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I find it suspicious that none of them could add up basic math on a wipe board...yet got As and Bs. I call bullshit
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

They put up a question on YouTube asking for assumptions about them... have you read them?! Yikes!!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

"I am truly excited and passionate about school" is probably the last phrase I would associate with Ruby Franke.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 pm If the phone actually fell into the toilet.. why was everyone just touching it and holding it, like it was brand new and pristine condition?? Then after having it in her hands, Abby goes and gets into the rice... that's really disgusting! All the germs all over the phone and their hands.... and then she doesn't wash her hands and touches the rice. Does anyone in that family ever think?? I was so disgusted by that... honestly I hopped it was just some kind of prank, and it didn't really fall into the toilet. :barf:
My first thought was honestly, I hope they don't make her eat that pasta/rice instead of throwing it out. I think it wasn't really a big deal because she didn't beg for a phone. She does seem irresponsible for losing Julie's watch then dropping her phone though.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

A majority of the assumptions I read last night were about Ruby disowning a kid if they quit the Mormonism or came out as gay. Pretty hard to ignore that question when it’s brought up every third time. But she will either lie her way around it or not answer. I believe she’d love her kids through most things but probably still kick them out, but won’t admit that and ruin her wholesome powerful mother image. I’m sure she believes being gay is a choice and therefore wouldn’t find it acceptable. Do Mormons have gay conversion camps? It concerns me for Russell...

I’m sure all the assumptions will be cherry picked.

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

So many shades of disgusted wrong in today’s vlog!
First off everyone is terrified of you to hug or thank you powerful mom! No one even hugged her over dramatic bleeding on the floor!
Paying cash for grades is beyond wrong on so many levels if parents are interested in their children really enjoying what they are into! Kevin may have enjoyed the money but he also enjoyed learning, there is very little interest in studies by at least three of those children!
I don’t know what school Rubella attended but we were definitely taught about finances in school in accounting class and economics!
Finally point: Rubella how much do you pay your kids from the youtube money you earn off their back?
And I would pay my last dime into poverty if it were to benefit my child!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Okay54321 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:55 am
ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 pm If the phone actually fell into the toilet.. why was everyone just touching it and holding it, like it was brand new and pristine condition?? Then after having it in her hands, Abby goes and gets into the rice... that's really disgusting! All the germs all over the phone and their hands.... and then she doesn't wash her hands and touches the rice. Does anyone in that family ever think?? I was so disgusted by that... honestly I hopped it was just some kind of prank, and it didn't really fall into the toilet. :barf:
My first thought was honestly, I hope they don't make her eat that pasta/rice instead of throwing it out. I think it wasn't really a big deal because she didn't beg for a phone. She does seem irresponsible for losing Julie's watch then dropping her phone though.
Did they ever find Julie’s watch?
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

natalka81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am "I am truly excited and passionate about school" is probably the last phrase I would associate with Ruby Franke.
She’s so full of shit! In Shari’s latest vid she was going on and on abt grades and such are not important! WTAF?! Contradicting much Ruby?!
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

Wow, that was awkward in today's vlog when Abby told Ruby she wasn't going to put all the money in her savings (I assume there's something she wants to buy with some of it). The way Ruby's facial expression changed and Abby quickly changed her mind and played it off like she meant to say the exact opposite. And Ruby saying, "Yeah, you ARE going to put it all in your savings." with a tone of "Yeah, you better say that, Abby." ...yikes :? I really get the feeling Ruby is more catty and mean to the kids when the camera is off. You can tell the kids have some fear or at least anxiety around her (not so much with Shari and Chad).

And Julie had a good point about being expected to say thank you when she is the one who worked to earn the money, and instead of explaining why she should say 'thank you' Ruby just belittles her with "Oh, so you don't say thank you". I mean, Ruby didn't simply give her the money to be nice or as a gift and Julie recognized that. And you notice the nervous body language with her leaning away from Ruby a bit right before she gets thrown off by the 'what do you say?' from Ruby. And then Ruby was almost hovering over her in the next edit.

I don't understand the point of paying kids for earning good grades (something they do the work for), and then telling them what they have to do with the money (tithe, etc). If you really want to teach them to be responsible with money they work for, that includes letting them make some mistakes with it and hopefully they learn from it.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

Catface2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm
Doubt it since they haven't mentioned it since lol.
endof wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 pm Finally point: Rubella how much do you pay your kids from the youtube money And I would pay my last dime into poverty if it were to benefit my child!
You want to know what realllllllllly pisses me off about her not paying for their college. They won't be allowed financial aid because it's based off parent's income. Congrats on being a utter c*nt Ruby.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Today's vlog was a joke, really.

When they talked about paying the kids for As, there was no talking about putting all of that money into saving accounts for college (there also was no talking about being paid for A- and Bs). Where is the motivation in paying for good grades, when the money will sit in the bank for the next ten years and then is used to pay for college, which usually the parents would be doing? Plus: There's a big chance that the girls won't even go to college, let alone finish it. So where is the sense in all of that? Which kid is motivated to get good grades when the money you earn with it basically goes in a college fund, which you would expect your parents, who are earning a lot of money with filming you, have set up for you a long time ago?

Then: There is constant talking about Julie, Abby and Chad not being good at school. How come they all have only As and Bs? Abby's GPA for this term was 3.9. I mean, come on! Either this school expects basically nothing of their students, or Ruby is talking down Abby and Julie quite a lot. Does she mean that when she says that she's a powerful mother?

Julie's and Abby's response to Ruby handing them their money was soooo awkward. Ruby prides herself in her wonderful parenting all the time, but her kids literally never say "thank you" on their own. She always has to force them to say it. Seriously, every five year old kid I know knows when to say "thank you". Why don't these kids? Or is it their way of rebelling against their mother? She also has to force them to hug her, while they run and hug Kevin as soon as he enters the house.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Okay54321 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Catface2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm

endof wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:03 pm Finally point: Rubella how much do you pay your kids from the youtube money And I would pay my last dime into poverty if it were to benefit my child!
You want to know what realllllllllly pisses me off about her not paying for their college. They won't be allowed financial aid because it's based off parent's income. Congrats on being a utter c*nt Ruby.
If they go to BYU, it is probably going to be free since dad works there.
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

ba1006 wrote:
Okay54321 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Catface2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm Did they ever find Julie’s watch?
If they go to BYU, it is probably going to be free since dad works there.
it won’t be free but discounted for sure.

daniwilliams77
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daniwilliams77 »

todays video was such a joke! the kids worked hard to get good grades to get paid for it and she still tells them what to do with their money? why cant they put half in savings and the other half spend however they want! and to say they wont be paying their college tuition is such BS! so if her kids are struggling shes just gonna say well sorry cant help ya there! she acts like they dont have $$....i feel bad for those kids..once they turn 18 they arent going to have support from their parents.
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Why did she give them cash if the money was going 'straight' into their college savings account? Are they expected to take it to the bank themselves and open up their account? Are their college savings in duffle bags in the attic? I mean it's not like any store is going to accept a $100 bill from an 11 year old at least?

Also Ruby saying she doesn't think it's her job to pay for her kids college if it puts her in 'financial strain' ??? I guess a new backyard and iphone X's for your teenagers is more important than a stable education in their future

I agree with everyone about the grades..I find it crazy suspicious that no one had below a B- in ANY class when theyre always said to be struggling with math and grades so much

I'm genuinely curious if people here got paid for grades when they were younger? I did but only in high school when grades actually 'counted' and it was $10 for every A and $5 for every B. I was honestly shocked when she had $50 for an A written on the board that seems so excessive to me (especially from someone saying paying for their kids college would be straining financially)

Return to “8 Passengers”