8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Okay54321
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Okay54321 »

ba1006 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am It's funny how all 3 sisters said they were stressed out today in their vlogs. Stressed from what? Shopping, applying make-up and eating out? Unbelievable
I was thinking this too! I think something is up. No idea what. Something else though, I wonder if Ruby will buy property next to her sisters.
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

Z3phyr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 am So she forgot to pick her child up from preschool because she was too busy shopping and decorating? What a deadbeat.

My mom was kind of like Ruby and I was always full of anxiety that I'd be the last kid picked up. She'd be very late picking up from school as well as play dates. I was the youngest like Eve and I have no idea what she was doing with her day to be so late and dismissive. Poor Eve.
My mother is like Ruby as well. If I was being told that I was being picked up by my mom at the end of the day I knew that I would be waiting at least a half hour for her to come to get me. I guess I can see why Ruby and her antics make me so angry because she reminds me of my own mother and the things that I am still dealing with now as a result of her shitty parenting. I feel so bad for these kids, hoping that they don't develop anxiety, depression and dependency issues as I have as a result of having a shitty parent. If you know that you will not be able to parent a child properly, do not have a child. Simple.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I think shes pissed that she basically bought their way into that private school and now has to also pay the kids for good grades! How ironic! I just know those kids ...most of them didn’t earn those grades..they are NOT smart at all. They struggle with very basic shit. Definitely not A and B quality. Unless they are in some sort of special ed...hmmm that’s a thought.
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

Something just doesn’t sit right with me about putting the kids report cards on display for everyone to see. I was a good student but I was kind of sensitive growing up and I really wouldn’t have liked my mom telling the word what grades I got in every class! I just feel like it should be the kids decision if they want to share it with anyone beyond their parents and teachers. But these kids have their whole lives online so I guess they are just used to it, nor do they know any different.

Also don’t think I can handle seeing any more sad looking burritos being passed off as “dinner”...do these kids ever get fed vegetables?? I’ve never appreciated my mom’s cooking so much as I have watching Ruby’s vlogs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I don’t understand how she can re-do her outdoor patio in a skirt.

So she forgets to pick up Eve at whatever time, her friends take Eve home with them, and instead of going to get Eve from the friends house, Ruby goes home and redecorates her patio for God knows how many hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

So it’s totally fine for #powerful mothers to forget to pick their children up from school, but if a little boy forgets his lunch then he must go hungry. Rodger that.

Swiss Miss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Swiss Miss »

Catface2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:52 pm I think shes pissed that she basically bought their way into that private school and now has to also pay the kids for good grades! How ironic! I just know those kids ...most of them didn’t earn those grades..they are NOT smart at all. They struggle with very basic shit. Definitely not A and B quality. Unless they are in some sort of special ed...hmmm that’s a thought.
I obviously don’t know the kids but that’s a lot of As and Bs. My kids are also good students and things are graded here a lot differently than in the US, but my kids get mainly B (Swiss equivalent) grades and the odd A and a C or too. It’s completely normal. They don’t even get A grades in English or Sport and English is their mother tongue and they’re very talented athletes who compete at the top level in the country. So for the Franke kids to be getting so many A grades doesn’t sit well with me...or the Swiss have extremely high expectations
Vegetarian since long before it became trendy
Swiss Miss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Catface2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:52 pm I think shes pissed that she basically bought their way into that private school and now has to also pay the kids for good grades! How ironic! I just know those kids ...most of them didn’t earn those grades..they are NOT smart at all. They struggle with very basic shit. Definitely not A and B quality. Unless they are in some sort of special ed...hmmm that’s a thought.
I obviously don’t know the kids but that’s a lot of As and Bs. My kids are also good students and things are graded here a lot differently than in the US, but my kids get mainly B (Swiss equivalent) grades and the odd A and a C or too. It’s completely normal. They don’t even get A grades in English or Sport and English is their mother tongue and they’re very talented athletes who compete at the top level in the country. So for the Franke kids to be getting so many A grades doesn’t sit well with me...or the Swiss have extremely high expectations
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

mix10 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm Something just doesn’t sit right with me about putting the kids report cards on display for everyone to see. I was a good student but I was kind of sensitive growing up and I really wouldn’t have liked my mom telling the word what grades I got in every class! I just feel like it should be the kids decision if they want to share it with anyone beyond their parents and teachers. But these kids have their whole lives online so I guess they are just used to it, nor do they know any different.

Also don’t think I can handle seeing any more sad looking burritos being passed off as “dinner”...do these kids ever get fed vegetables?? I’ve never appreciated my mom’s cooking so much as I have watching Ruby’s vlogs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's like she's comparing her children's grades. That has to be hard for a kid. I always got better grades than my sister but my parents never made her feel inferior because of it. I can't imagine my mother posting them on a board for everybody to see.
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

Swiss Miss wrote:
Hi from Lugano ImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

athyker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by athyker »

Something interesting Ruby said. I think it was in her Instagram post but it could have been her stories. She was explaining that the kids wanted to pay their tithing. But SHE told them the first thing they were going to do was pay their tithing. They earned that money. Why can't they spend some of it how they want? I get saving for college but why can't they take say $100 and do with it what they want.

Also, her missing Shari run at track and forgetting to pick up Eve. Come on woman. We all have forgetful moments every now and then.
Not daily. She really irks me! lol
Swiss Miss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Emily81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 am
Swiss Miss wrote:

Hi from Zurich:)
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Elah_w wrote:So it’s totally fine for #powerful mothers to forget to pick their children up from school, but if a little boy forgets his lunch then he must go hungry. Rodger that.

That reminds we of The Tannerites/The Yawi family. The daughter, Allie did something and got her car and phone taken away. The next vlog Sarah mentioned how she forgot to do something and there wasn’t 1 consequence but Allie got her phone and car take away because she needed to learn responsibility through her consequence- her parents refused to drive her to school or even allow her to borrow her/their phone to get ahold of a friend for a ride. They told her she would have to figure it out herself.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Swiss Miss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 am
I am from a different generation than the Franke kids, but I was graded much more harshly, and in a US public school system. By Abby's age, I had won awards for regional math competitions and I was valedictorian of my middle school. I still received Bs on my report card. Many students received Cs, Ds, and even Fs. More than one failing grade on an assignment likely brought your term grade to a maximum of a 'C'. A failing grade on a test certainly did.

Seeing children unable to add simple numbers on a white board, along with constant reference to failing homework and test scores, makes me believe the school participates in grade inflation. Whether it is only these students, this school, Utah schools, private schools, or all schools this generation, I am not certain.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

Swiss Miss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:27 am
Emily81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 am
Swiss Miss wrote:

Hi from St. Gallen :D
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

In her ig stories for a brand deal for sheets she says how mad she is that the kids got peanut butter on her sheets. She then posts this picture. She must think her subscribers are stupid. What was going through her head when she thought kids with peanut butter is a great way to sell bedding?[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... dc0d58.jpg[/IMG]

thefworld
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by thefworld »

lip wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 am
Emily81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 am Hi from Lugano ImageImage

Hi from Lozärn :)! even though I don't live there anymore, it is oen of my "home cities"!

I did not grow up in Switzerland (but Austria) but I think the grading system and level of expectations are quite similar. I also seem puzzled that the Franke kids get so many good grades.... especially when some of them struggled to even make it into the private school.

I really really used to like 8passengers. I have been watching for some years now but in recent months I had to stop since it got unbearable. Sometimes I check in but mostly I get my updates from here.
I would love to have a sneak peak what the kids are like in 20 years time...
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

lip wrote:
Emily81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 am Hi from Lugano ImageImage

Hello from Springfield, Massachusetts, USA ;-) Lol

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

WTFoxtrot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:03 pm
lip wrote:

Hello from Springfield, Massachusetts, USA ;-) Lol

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk
Hi from Munich, Germany :D

And I agree with you, Swiss Miss: It's hard to get an A here as well. Only a few kids get As, and even good students have lots of Bs. Average students would rather have Cs to Bs. The math skills weren't really convincing and we've seen Abby and Julie struggle a lot with spelling in older vlogs. So the report cards were really surprising. But what is even more confusing to me is how Ruby has been talking many times about the kids struggling at school, especially Abby and Chad. So what is that? Are her academical expectations higher than we thought? Or is she just putting her kids down for some reason?
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Swiss Miss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 am
I am from a different generation than the Franke kids, but I was graded much more harshly, and in a US public school system. By Abby's age, I had won awards for regional math competitions and I was valedictorian of my middle school. I still received Bs on my report card. Many students received Cs, Ds, and even Fs. More than one failing grade on an assignment likely brought your term grade to a maximum of a 'C'. A failing grade on a test certainly did.

Seeing children unable to add simple numbers on a white board, along with constant reference to failing homework and test scores, makes me believe the school participates in grade inflation. Whether it is only these students, this school, Utah schools, private schools, or all schools this generation, I am not certain.
I don't know if it was always like this but I'm from Belgium, currently still studying at University and I have the feeling that the grades here and in America are so different. I watch quite some YouTubers in college and they mention how they got 98 on a class and when they receive under 95 it's bad and such. While I'm over here trying not to fail and it's not like I'm a bad student. Most students honestly are happy if they have a 10 (our grades go to 20) and if you're an excelling student, you get around 16. It is NOT possible to score 19 on all your classes, the exams are way too hard. But here, future employers don't look at your grades unless maybe your applying for a top job, but even then, most of the time not. I don't know how it is in America...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”