8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Z3phyr »

iiarch wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:40 pm
Z3phyr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 am So she forgot to pick her child up from preschool because she was too busy shopping and decorating? What a deadbeat.

My mom was kind of like Ruby and I was always full of anxiety that I'd be the last kid picked up. She'd be very late picking up from school as well as play dates. I was the youngest like Eve and I have no idea what she was doing with her day to be so late and dismissive. Poor Eve.
My mother is like Ruby as well. If I was being told that I was being picked up by my mom at the end of the day I knew that I would be waiting at least a half hour for her to come to get me. I guess I can see why Ruby and her antics make me so angry because she reminds me of my own mother and the things that I am still dealing with now as a result of her shitty parenting. I feel so bad for these kids, hoping that they don't develop anxiety, depression and dependency issues as I have as a result of having a shitty parent. If you know that you will not be able to parent a child properly, do not have a child. Simple.
These kids have it even worse than we did. Imagine having your life broadcast worldwide to millions + without your consent. At least we could hide some of our familial dysfunctions from the world.
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

lip wrote:
Swiss Miss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:27 am
Emily81 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 am Hi from Lugano ImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Hi from Zurich:)
Hi from St. Gallen :D
Hi!!!
Love St. Gallen, so beautiful.

Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

WTFoxtrot wrote:
lip wrote:
Swiss Miss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:27 am Hi from Zurich:)
Hello from Springfield, Massachusetts, USA ;-) Lol

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk
Ahahahahahahahahah Image Hi!!!

pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

LilaRose wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:30 pm
WTFoxtrot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:03 pm
lip wrote:

Hi from Munich, Germany :D
Hi from Wroclaw, Poland 8-)

It's the same here with grades, you rarely get an A - maybe that's some kind of European thing? I always assumed that Franke kids were C students (except for Shari because she can't let anyone forget she's a straight A student) based on what they say and how they act in the vlogs.
flowerchildd29
Amateur
Amateur

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by flowerchildd29 »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
WTFoxtrot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:03 pm Hello from Springfield, Massachusetts, USA ;-) Lol

Hi from Wroclaw, Poland 8-)

It's the same here with grades, you rarely get an A - maybe that's some kind of European thing? I always assumed that Franke kids were C students (except for Shari because she can't let anyone forget she's a straight A student) based on what they say and how they act in the vlogs.

Hi from California, USA (: I know I live in a boring area hahaha :p

Kiss my ass XOXO Gossip Girl
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

WTFoxtrot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:03 pm
lip wrote:

And I agree with you, Swiss Miss: It's hard to get an A here as well. Only a few kids get As, and even good students have lots of Bs. Average students would rather have Cs to Bs. The math skills weren't really convincing and we've seen Abby and Julie struggle a lot with spelling in older vlogs. So the report cards were really surprising. But what is even more confusing to me is how Ruby has been talking many times about the kids struggling at school, especially Abby and Chad. So what is that? Are her academical expectations higher than we thought? Or is she just putting her kids down for some reason?
Heidelberg calling (...Europeans will know, ESC :-p). Comparing school systems is hard. A regular American high school diploma (without high SAT scores,..) is supposed to equal the diploma Germans get after tenth grade...
One time a teacher showed us a chart, describing exactly what a student is expected to do to obtain each grade. A straight A student would have to be more than perfect in every aspect (tests, oral participation,...).
But I think we need to keep their fancy private Mormon school in mind in this case. Have they ever showed the textbooks they are using?
Also, Abby building “something” to get a good grade. Doesn’t know what it is, just what it looks like... that’s just sad!
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

I live in a small community in Northeast Alabama, USA. My 3 kids just brought home their report cards. Between the 3 of them, there was only 1 B and 1 C. The rest were A's. The older 2 have 8 classes and the youngest has 6 classes (she's in 6th grade and 1 of those classes is P.E. where you get an A for being there, lol).
They do give out A's fairly common here. An A is 90% or above. B 80-89, C 70-79, D 60-69, F 0-59.
Our school system is definitely behind other countries, admittedly behind other states. However, our school system is making great strides to be better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Why do like 12 year Olds have to pay tithe? They should make it so you only pay that when you have a full time job. I dont really get why she's making them save for college either shouldn't she just make a college account for them and put money into it on a monthly or termly basis?

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

grapesandbeans wrote:Why do like 12 year Olds have to pay tithe? They should make it so you only pay that when you have a full time job. I dont really get why she's making them save for college either shouldn't she just make a college account for them and put money into it on a monthly or termly basis?

https://www.lds.org/study/liahona/2001 ... g?lang=eng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Does Ruby not see just how asinine she is with the mothers are powerful book writing? She is constantly being a supreme moron. Forgetting her responsibilities to her family..who farts around ALL day and doesn’t have time to make dinner? This happens a lot. She’s stupid enough to show us. Kevin is SO over her shit..you can see it in his face. She’s a delusional mess. I can’t wait to see her stupid ass get in trouble for plagiarism. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he divorced her.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Is marijuana legal in Utah? Cuz home girl has gotta be smoking something! I can’t believe how detached from reality she has become. Then again the only sister who seems to have anything going on upstairs is Julie and as previously discussed she keeps her distance for a reason.

skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

jaynshann wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 pm Is marijuana legal in Utah? Cuz home girl has gotta be smoking something! I can’t believe how detached from reality she has become. Then again the only sister who seems to have anything going on upstairs is Julie and as previously discussed she keeps her distance for a reason.

A bill for medical marijuana was recently passed in Utah, but Ruby probably voted against it! Their church opposed it. All of those sisters seem really spaced out, even Julie if you watch closely!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

jaynshann wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 pm Is marijuana legal in Utah? Cuz home girl has gotta be smoking something! I can’t believe how detached from reality she has become. Then again the only sister who seems to have anything going on upstairs is Julie and as previously discussed she keeps her distance for a reason.

Weed in Utah is illegal. She was into pain pills once...but now she either has a brain problem or flat out STUPID.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

grapesandbeans wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:46 am Why do like 12 year Olds have to pay tithe? They should make it so you only pay that when you have a full time job. I dont really get why she's making them save for college either shouldn't she just make a college account for them and put money into it on a monthly or termly basis?

Does anyone know if it is an actual requirement in the Latter-Day Saints church or is it just highly recommended? I am a Christian that goes to a non-denominational church and have never seen it as a requirement. Of course, it is highly encouraged and it is great if you can give back. However, I am aware that not everyone is in the position to give 10%. There are plenty of other ways to help others. I disagree that only people with full time jobs should be "required" to donate. In my church it is not a "requirement" nor do I think it should ever be. I left my temporary position at a job and am currently looking for another one. My temporary position paid under $10 and I do have other financial responsibilities but still find a way to donate financially. Let's be honest. There are a ton of people who are financially able to donate but still don't. I can skip getting a drink at Starbucks or not buy a new shirt and donate instead.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

Is it just me or did anyone else think Kevin wanted to say "No, you're not a good mom". 😂😂😂
WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

I don't know how I found this, I wasn't even remotely looking up the Griffiths, but check this out. This is golden. You know this would enrage both of them. :rofl:

Screenshot_20190329-185412_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Every vlog is a day in the life of Ruby, how was today’s any different oh my god. This whole motherhood talk is boring but I guess it’s her brand and with a book about motherhood in the works no wonder it’s all she talks about. It was gross when she ate that m&m and also put that chapstick on her lips - that’s why she has terrible cold sores all the time!

I can’t believe Eve is gonna be 6 this year, she looks small for her age and her voice sounds like that of a 3/4 year old. Maybe that’s just the way she talks if so no big deal, but it’s probably because she’s being treated like a toddler still.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My daughter was watching a show the other day about people abducting little kids from malls. There was one where a little girl just walked out of Walmart with a stranger, and got murdered. In every case, the mom just turned away "for a second". I was thinking of Ruby and the way she just lets Eve wander off. I don't care if they do live in Utah. Salt Lake City has higher than the national average of rape anyway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It’s 8PM and the kids haven’t had dinner yet?! WTAF? No wonder they’re crying and grumpy you twat.
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

I can see Ruby getting a new dryer because it's dented now. What's with her telling Eve no to Xbox? Part of me thinks she lets Eve normally but not sure. Don't even know why Eve has to ask. I played video games without asking at that age. Not like she has homework. I really hope the finding an old m&m and chapstick was fake. I can't let myself believe someone is that gross.

Return to “8 Passengers”