8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ujvs_ wrote:Wow people really are pushing the assumptions talk in the comments of Ruby’s most recent ig. She replied pretty respectfully though, never thought she would actually address the LGBT topic!
Yeah, Mormons can _be_ gay. They just can't be in a relationship. Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tizzy
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Tizzy »

Ruby really made a point of Julie screwing up her dress that she was trying to make.. Poor kid. She could’ve helped her sew/figure out the pattern.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

This is off topic but after seeing a vid of Jennifer Griffiths 1982 or whatever ..I kept thinking she looks like someone...who..it bugged me all day then it hit me. She looks like Diane Downs..the mother who shot her kids in the early 80’s. I mean the resemblance in uncanny!
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Interesting that a TV station in my area would post this today. Haha!!

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Mor ... 19951.html
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

Tizzy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:02 pm Ruby really made a point of Julie screwing up her dress that she was trying to make.. Poor kid. She could’ve helped her sew/figure out the pattern.
I thought she was going to say Grandma helped Julie make it or made one for Julie but NOPE. Also, lol at Ruby trying to say Julie looks like crap like her. Um no, Julie is gorgeous and has amazing hair. Funny how the most attractive female out of the girls they hate on. I truly hope Julie gets away or at least has the most attractive and successful SO.

Also, Shari's new boy looks like Ken. Not to be mean. :/ I'm really disappointed she is ending up like her mom and aunt though.
Tizzy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tizzy »

Umm.. WTF!! The more I watch these people the more convinced I am they’re ass backwards. I watched Shari’s video and she addresses she’s dating her cousin? Ruby’s response was “it’s normal, everyone’s related!”

I really hope Julie hauls ass out of this family when she’s older, she deserves way better.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Catface2 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:10 pm This is off topic but after seeing a vid of Jennifer Griffiths 1982 or whatever ..I kept thinking she looks like someone...who..it bugged me all day then it hit me. She looks like Diane Downs..the mother who shot her kids in the early 80’s. I mean the resemblance in uncanny!
That was literally my first thought! 100% Diane Downs, crazy eyes and all! I wonder if they also share deep narcissism/psychopathy......
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

shortstop wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 pm Interesting that a TV station in my area would post this today. Haha!!

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Mor ... 19951.html
Yikes. Did you read that? 1. Ruby was probably thrilled to get that news this week so she could finally respond to her viewers 2. The article makes it seem like the church will be putting gay people into a program for a chance to "pray the gay away".....as it is still a "serious transgression"
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brazilnut »

OK, I'm pretty sure Brevin is gay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itsjusrme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Itsjusrme »

Tizzy wrote:Umm.. WTF!! The more I watch these people the more convinced I am they’re ass backwards. I watched Shari’s video and she addresses she’s dating her cousin? Ruby’s response was “it’s normal, everyone’s related!”

I really hope Julie hauls ass out of this family when she’s older, she deserves way better.
It’s 8th cousins so that means that 9 generations back they were brothers. I don’t really classify that cousins. So the amount of blood shared would be almost non existent (as I believe if I remember correctly first cousins share 1/8).

ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Julie’s face cracked me up ahaha
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:00 am OK, I'm pretty sure Brevin is gay.

He is a minor who belongs to a repressive religion. If he is gay, that's a personal matter, and I don't think we should speculate about sexuality. Sorry but I hate seeing/hearing people make comments like "they are obviously gay". People say that about Jared all the time, and people were saying that about Russell on Instagram, purely based on stereotypes.
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

skrt09 wrote:

He is a minor who belongs to a repressive religion. If he is gay, that's a personal matter, and I don't think we should speculate about sexuality. Sorry but I hate seeing/hearing people make comments like "they are obviously gay". People say that about Jared all the time, and people were saying that about Russell on Instagram, purely based on stereotypes.
I am queer. I don't think it's a big deal to talk about sexuality. Saying I think he's gay to me is the same as saying "I think he looks handsome". It's just stating something that I personally believe to be true and that has no bad connotations - or at least shouldn't. I have never said anything derogatory towards him.

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Also, aren't most of the things we talk about on this forum personal matters? What is the big deal with sexual orientation anyway? Why is it so different than all the other topics people speculate about, even regarding minors?

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am Also, aren't most of the things we talk about on this forum personal matters? What is the big deal with sexual orientation anyway? Why is it so different than all the other topics people speculate about, even regarding minors?

Right? What’s the difference between thinking someone is gay and assuming that a child and anyone of the opposite sex is a “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” which ruby does ALL THE TIME. Being gay is not something to be shameful of so its silly people get mad. So it’s ok to say russel has crushes on girls but defiantly not ok to say he might have a crush on a boy? Weird way of thinking in my opinion
Okay54321
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okay54321 »

I think he just isn't compatible with Shari. Or possibly just not into dating. I could see Shari being gay more than Brevin. Either way, I hope every gay Mormon/religious person can find happiness.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

When people say “Jared is obviously gay” they aren’t saying it to be kind and supportive. It is often used as a sort of insult/criticism on these boards. Russell is just a boy. I agree we don’t need to speculate on his sexuality. I wouldn’t want to hear about a girl his age’s crush either. Let them be kids.

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

Tizzy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:18 am Umm.. WTF!! The more I watch these people the more convinced I am they’re ass backwards. I watched Shari’s video and she addresses she’s dating her cousin? Ruby’s response was “it’s normal, everyone’s related!”

The best thing that could happen to Julie is she goes to an university out of state. I think California or even Colorado would be a great place for her. Honestly anywhere that doesn't have a huge Mormon population. Forget Utah,Idaho,Arizona and even Nevada.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

What child would spend $40 on cookies? I don't know about y'all but I would never want to spend that much money on food as a teenager. I knew I could ask my mom for food while we were at the grocery store and she would usually get it. My parents didn't even have a ton of money but somehow managed to have enough food for all of the kids.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Kjr123 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:05 am
Brazilnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am Also, aren't most of the things we talk about on this forum personal matters? What is the big deal with sexual orientation anyway? Why is it so different than all the other topics people speculate about, even regarding minors?

Right? What’s the difference between thinking someone is gay and assuming that a child and anyone of the opposite sex is a “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” which ruby does ALL THE TIME. Being gay is not something to be shameful of so its silly people get mad. So it’s ok to say russel has crushes on girls but defiantly not ok to say he might have a crush on a boy? Weird way of thinking in my opinion
I feel like it's definitely not okay to say Russell has crushes on girls, nor is it okay to speculate on his sexuality in any way. I wouldn't want anyone guessing if I were gay or straight or otherwise on the internet and I think we should afford the same to these children and their parents.
Edit: And in no way do I think that being gay is shameful. I'm appalled at the way the LDS church views homosexuality.

Return to “8 Passengers”